2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Iliac Golf - Wool Pom Head Covers $5.99

Satang

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365620955' post='6803407']
[quote name='ryan.s' timestamp='1365610599' post='6801345']
I don't think $50 for a set of 4 is unreasonable. It cost him around $31 with shipping to buy from RBG? If you add what it cost him to ship to his buyer assuming he sends it usps priority plus paypal fee's he would make a total profit of about $5? I wouldn't think most people would have an issue with him making a $5 profit for his time especially if it was a color scheme that was out of stock and couldn't be purchased from RBG directly.

For the record it wasn't me that had the bst listing. Just bought one set of pink for the wife and she still has them on her clubs. Just trying to give an objective perspective before the lynch mob starts.
[/quote]

no, it wasn't you, but I know who it was and wil give his name to anyone who wants it via PM. Not looking for a lynch mob, but you should probably check your math. They were $5.99 each, so 4 was $24 plus the $6 RBG charged for shipping. I sold my set of 4 for $30. $6 each plus $6 for shipping. So I lost paypal fees of what? 3%?? so less than a buck for fees. Sorry... I don't expect or want a lynch mob, but clearly the sellers conscience kicked in and he realized it was wrong as well. He deleted it quicker than most could reply.
So let's not muddy the facts, that's nearly a $20 profit, not $5. And IMO, not right.
[/quote]

My math is just fine, you might be the one that needs to check your math. I'll list each individual item so you can understand.

BST Asking $50
Cost from RBG $23.96
Shipping from RBG $6.99
Paypal $1.45
USPS Medium Flatrate Box $12.35

Total $5.25

If insurance is added which the min is $1.95 total profit is reduced to $3.30

Why the medium flat rate box? There are no flat rate tyvek envelopes anymore, they are just priority mail but not flat rate. If you've still been using them as a flat rate envelope consider yourself lucky. All the flat rate envelopes from the USPS only fit documents now except the padded envelope which the 4 headcovers will not fit into.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just incase someone wanted a pic - although I think there were a few earlier on - here we go.

Left to right its a Razr Fit driver, Cally XHP 3W, Cally XHP 18* Hybrid (Hybrid cover), Ping i20 17* Hybrid (Utility cover).

The Utility cover is marginally larger than the Hybrid cover. Both work fine, but I would take the marginally larger utility cover if made to choose.

DSCN1667_zps70626c3f.jpg

Added a second pic with a regular Titleist and Callaway cover for comparison. Oh and yes the Iliac covers cost more than the sofa ;)

DSCN1668_zpsc68c3e86.jpg

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='ryan.s' timestamp='1365638597' post='6805857']
I don't think $50 for a set of 4 is unreasonable. It cost him around $31 with shipping to buy from RBG? If you add what it cost him to ship to his buyer assuming he sends it usps priority plus paypal fee's he would make a total profit of about $5? I wouldn't think most people would have an issue with him making a $5 profit for his time especially if it was a color scheme that was out of stock and couldn't be purchased from RBG directly.

For the record it wasn't me that had the bst listing. Just bought one set of pink for the wife and she still has them on her clubs. Just trying to give an objective perspective before the lynch mob starts.
[/quote]

no, it wasn't you, but I know who it was and wil give his name to anyone who wants it via PM. Not looking for a lynch mob, but you should probably check your math. They were $5.99 each, so 4 was $24 plus the $6 RBG charged for shipping. I sold my set of 4 for $30. $6 each plus $6 for shipping. So I lost paypal fees of what? 3%?? so less than a buck for fees. Sorry... I don't expect or want a lynch mob, but clearly the sellers conscience kicked in and he realized it was wrong as well. He deleted it quicker than most could reply.
So let's not muddy the facts, that's nearly a $20 profit, not $5. And IMO, not right.
[/quote]

My math is just fine, you might be the one that needs to check your math. I'll list each individual item so you can understand.

BST Asking $50
Cost from RBG $23.96
Shipping from RBG $6.99
Paypal $1.45

Total $5.25

Why the medium flat rate box? There are no flat rate tyvek envelopes anymore, they are just priority mail but not flat rate. If you've still been using them as a flat rate envelope consider yourself lucky. All the flat rate envelopes from the USPS only fit documents now except the padded envelope which the 4 headcovers will not fit into.
[/quote]

You're correct, I stand corrected, and the priority mail envelope is how I sent them. I sent 3 hybrids out as well to another member that wanted them. A flatrate box, apparently is way more expensive than sending them in a small box ( as a ho, I always have ample boxes to choose from) I guess, because I always ship priority USPS, and have mailed a good bit over the years.
If in fact your example is accurate then your numbers are correct, but the numbers aren't really the point... it's not "how much?", it's why do we find the need to make a profit off of our fellow members? It wasn't my intent to point to any one person.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365641602' post='6806293']

[/quote]

[/quote]

BST Asking $50
Cost from RBG $23.96
Shipping from RBG $6.99
Paypal $1.45

Total $5.25

[/quote]

You're correct, I stand corrected, and the priority mail envelope is how I sent them. I sent 3 hybrids out as well to another member that wanted them. A flatrate box, apparently is way more expensive than sending them in a small box ( as a ho, I always have ample boxes to choose from) I guess, because I always ship priority USPS, and have mailed a good bit over the years.
If in fact your example is accurate then your numbers are correct, but the numbers aren't really the point... it's not "how much?", it's why do we find the need to make a profit off of our fellow members? It wasn't my intent to point to any one person.
[/quote]

Since we all know things very rarely sell for asking on the bst the seller probably assumed he would end up selling it for $40-45 and either break even or lose a little. At least that's what I would have thought. I don't think it was his intent to turn a profit on a fellow member. To come to this thread and "out" him as trying to turn a profit when it clearly doesn't apply in this case was, in my opinion, jumping the gun. I know you technically didn't out him but history has shown that any mention of someone doing something less than desirable, the names always come out.

^Some of us have, I am sure they'd be happy with an extra set you might have laying around :)
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/775251-now-its-your-turnjunior-golfers-who-legitimately-need-your-help/

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I must admit, between the few - BUT LOUD complaints about quality or perhaps inconsistency, whether or not 4 or more pom-pom style will fit in a tyvec envelope, cost of shipping, and someone actually making in the neighborhood of $1 per headcover - in BST - y'all have really pooped on what was a great thread, on a decent product at a decent price.

My tassels are great and have held up just fine with play. None of the leather badging is coming off, and they have stayed nice and snug on my clubs. No complaints here.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365641602' post='6806293']

[/quote]

[/quote]

BST Asking $50
Cost from RBG $23.96
Shipping from RBG $6.99
Paypal $1.45

Total $5.25

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please stop. Sanctimony is self serving but irritating...

I got the white and black with tassels and the black with poms.The white tassels are a perfect fit and beautiful at least until they get dirty.The black on black poms are wool socks on steroids.The socks sre big and loose with a huge pom.I tried to get another set with tassels but none with color left. Just a great deal.Thanks OP.

I got four sets. The Pink Breast Cancer poms fit great on my wife's clubs. The Black/White and Blue/White are a bit baggy. They work "ok", but I would prefer a bit tighter fit. the Red/White fit perfectly. They have a great tight fit and look fantastic (even with huge poms :))

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I'm gonna use my brown-white argyle ones during my round tomorrow. Driver, 3-wood, "utility". They really are disappointingly oversized and floppy but doggone it I paid for them and it's worth at least trotting them out for one round before banishing them to the closet to sit on my 60-year-old Macgregor persimmons. Aside from being cumbersome and heavy, I have to admit they LOOK really cool.

[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1365775809' post='6818705']
I'm gonna use my brown-white argyle ones during my round tomorrow. Driver, 3-wood, "utility". They really are disappointingly oversized and floppy but doggone it I paid for them and it's worth at least trotting them out for one round before banishing them to the closet to sit on my 60-year-old Macgregor persimmons. Aside from being cumbersome and heavy, I have to admit they LOOK really cool.
[/quote]

Hah - exactly my thoughts. They remind me of trousers that were worn too many times before being laundered. By the pound they'd have been $60 - so much wool. They're a bit goofy but they do look cool to me. Put the "utility" cover on my daughters driver/hybrid (6 yrs old) so when we go to the course we'll match. She thinks they look cool too.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

First, funny to think that a headcover thread led to 18 pages of postings...who knew it could be such a sensitive topic.

Received mine this week and played with them today. Look, for all of $6 each they are a great deal, end of story. I bought the tassles based on comments about the basketball size pom poms and think they are terrific. Green and white go great with same color Titleist bag. Also, the utility cover is perfect as a putter cover.

Ping i20 Driver
Ping G25 17 and 20 degree
Adams Pro A12 (4i-PW)
Scratch 50, 53, 58 8620 Wedge
Cleveland #2 Bronze Putter
Best Bag I know

[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1365775809' post='6818705']
[/quote]

Used them today, they worked out fine. Only issue was with my bag on the Speed Cart, having four of them (especially the big-pom'd driver and 3-wood ones) hanging over the rest of the clubs it could get a bit fiddly replacing the irons and wedges in the lower slots. They do go on and off quite easily and if you're sure to jam the clubhead all the way in they stay on securely.

Tomorrow I'll be shouldering my bag and so I'll go back to the normal Ping headcovers to save some weight and bulk. But I'll use the big brown monsters again some time just because they're cool.

Anyone got an extra White/black stripe Tassel Driver head cover? I'm looking to finish the set.

Nike Str8t Fit w/ Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT60
TEE CB4 15* Fujikura Rombax 7V05
TEE CB4 19* Matrix Studio 94
Adams CMB w/ Recoil Prototypes 110 F4 4-GW
Miura 1957 55C Modus3 Tour 120
Fourteen MT28V5 60* Modus3 Tour 120
<a href="Machine M2A Converter" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>

Pulled the trigger on the pom versions. For $37 (including shipping), I was able to get two Navy, Red, White for me and three Black, Red, Gold for the wife. I remember looking into these a year ago, along with Jan Craig and Rocket Tours. I hope they are quality...

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

After one round with the Pom covers I was back to my regular stock Ping headcovers on driver and fairway woods today. The G25/Anser covers are pretty nice and have that little strap on the top to make pulling them off convenient.

That said, I was surprised how much easier the wool Poms go on and off the clubs over the course of a round. I'm struggling with a real bad tendonitis problem in my right forearm/elbow (lefty golfer) and by the middle and end of a round of golf it's starting to bother me a lot. Pulling off and putting on the Ping headcovers I had to be careful not to get in a hurry or I'd tweak that forearm thing. The wool ones just slide on and off.

Maybe I'll put them back on there this week. What I really need to do is take an ice pack with me on the golf course, the only time the tenonitis thing doesn't bother me is after about a 10-minute ice down a couple times a day.

Late coming in to this post, but if anyone is unhappy with their Red/Black/white driver and 3 wood covers, LET ME KNOW please!!!

Thanks

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

I'm looking for the White with Black Stripe Tassel Driver Head Cover. Also the matching hybrid if also available.

Nike Str8t Fit w/ Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT60
TEE CB4 15* Fujikura Rombax 7V05
TEE CB4 19* Matrix Studio 94
Adams CMB w/ Recoil Prototypes 110 F4 4-GW
Miura 1957 55C Modus3 Tour 120
Fourteen MT28V5 60* Modus3 Tour 120
<a href="Machine M2A Converter" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's the deal. I talked to Iliac customer service because there was a Made in China tag on the inside of these. I didn't think iliacs were made in China. They said since they are getting out of the wool cover business that they sold all their wool in bulk to a retailer in China who apparently made these. The Iliac tags apparently went with the wool. So, they wouldn't say they weren't authentic, but they wouldn't confirm that they were authentic either.

Really,really tempted to buy this, but they're out of the royal/white driver head I'm out for.

Does anyone who bought these (which is probably 90% of you guys) know if the 3 wood headcover MIGHT fit a 460cc driver in it?

Thanks!

Adams Speedline 9.5*
RBZ 15° 3W
TMAG Rescue '11 - 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW PXi 6.0
50* Scratch 8520 / 54.07+60.04 Vokey SM4
Odyssey Sabretooth