Pic of 8g + 11g SLDR weights + extra toe covers

golfnhack

Just received this today...

The smaller one is actually the heavier 11g weight. The larger one is the 8g weight. Different material. Not sure what each is made of. The stock weight is 16g. The screw and blue cover add 4g. One toe cover is on its back. As you can see, they simply stick on. I have been told that the official way to remove the toe cover is with a flat head screw driver.

Now I can finally get my SLDR down from D6.5 to a more reasonable D2. I had to add a 16g counterweight to get it to D2.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckie Howell might need those extra latches

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

[quote name='dan250yds' timestamp='1377528319' post='7746189']
[/quote]Yea, because he was getting like what an extra 17 + 10 yards with his new SLDR when he got DQ'd. You're a cheater CHIII. JK.
Seriously though, that's laughable to think that little missing toe cover could give someone an aerodynamic advantage. Gheez.

Titleist TSR3 9* 1K stiff

Titleist TS2 Hy 18* Evenflow stiff

W/S C300 Forged 4-GW Pro Modus 120 S

W/S Staff wedges 52*/56* Pro Modus 120 S

Cameron Futura 38" CB

Wilson Triad/Pro V1

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1377530274' post='7746413']
Thanks for the pics! When will TM start selling these extra weights?
[/quote]
+1

Hopefully soon.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

[quote name='Audreyone' timestamp='1377534955' post='7747023']
[quote name='dan250yds' timestamp='1377528319' post='7746189']
[/quote]Yea, because he was getting like what an extra 17 + 10 yards with his new SLDR when he got DQ'd. You're a cheater CHIII. JK.
Seriously though, that's laughable to think that little missing toe cover could give someone an aerodynamic advantage. Gheez.
[/quote]

I agree its a complete joke that they determined these drivers give an "aerodynamic advantage". Its ridiculous.

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

I was too impatient to wait for the sldr weight kits to be released....so I decided to take some weight off my 16g weight

Before
[attachment=1852817:image.jpg]

After
[attachment=1852819:image.jpg]

figured if i screwed up id just buy a replacement when they were available. its not like you see it anyway so the finish doesnt matter one bit to me

where did you get those from?

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377558719' post='7749555']
I was too impatient to wait for the sldr weight kits to be released....so I decided to take some weight off my 16g weight

Before
[attachment=1852817:image.jpg]

After
[attachment=1852819:image.jpg]

figured if i screwed up id just buy a replacement when they were available. its not like you see it anyway so the finish doesnt matter one bit to me

where did you get those from?
[/quote]

CP the innovator!!!

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1377600167' post='7751751']
How do you actually remove that port anyway?
[/quote]

slide the weight all the way to draw to get it out of the way, then slide a flat head screw driver under the cap from the fade side and start prying it up. it will leave little marks in the channel so be careful. but it works. problem is once the cap comes off it loses some of its adhesion. so don't pop it off more then once or twice.

other option is to get a plug for the hole is threaded and you can actually put the screw from the sldr weight in there.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377602610' post='7751819']
[/quote]

slide the weight all the way to draw to get it out of the way, then slide a flat head screw driver under the cap from the fade side and start prying it up. it will leave little marks in the channel so be careful. but it works. problem is once the cap comes off it loses some of its adhesion. so don't pop it off more then once or twice.

other option is to get a plug for the hole is threaded and you can actually put the screw from the sldr weight in there.
[/quote]

I wonder if these will work. Will have to check if the FCT screw fits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R11s-R11-R9-RBZ-R1-Screw-Washer-for-TaylorMade-FCT-Sleeve-Adapter-/300933623813?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item46110ab005

[quote name='golfnhack' timestamp='1377604622' post='7751929']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377602610' post='7751819']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder if these will work. Will have to check if the FCT screw fits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R11s-R11-R9-RBZ-R1-Screw-Washer-for-TaylorMade-FCT-Sleeve-Adapter-/300933623813?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item46110ab005
[/quote]

They work perfect and fit flush

[attachment=1853271:image.jpg][attachment=1853281:image.jpg][attachment=1853289:image.jpg]

One thing that won't work are the removable weights. I thought it'd be funny to try but sadly I can't have a 12g weight shooting out of the toe

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1377609551' post='7752281']
Not sure what you did and how and why you did this CP....please explain
[/quote]

I have a patience problem

i ordered my SLDR but never specified swing weight, head weight, nothing (giant oversight on my part). when it came in I put my Oban White in it and the swing weight sky rocketed to D6-D7. Thats a no go for me. I play my R1 at D2.5 with the Oban. Instead of calling my rep or talking to customer service (which is great by the way as you can attest to im sure) I decided id take it into my own hands since I didnt want to not have a club for a week or so waiting for a new one to come in considering my rep had sold out of his allotment 2 weeks before. I popped the cap off, took the weight out and started grinding down either side of the weight with a bench grinder, and periodically measured the SW and gram weight to see how it was progressing. After a bit of grinding, I finally was able to lower the SW to D3.

Dumb move? Absolutely, but it was a raining day in the shop and I had to do something! I figured sooner or later I could get a replacement weight for the head if I messed it up that much. The only thing I was really afraid of was messing with the engineering of the club, I mean someone much smarter then me made this to begin with so for all I know I could be screwing up the performance a lot. My other option was to back weight my club, but I'm not a big fan of adding more static weight to a club I already think is too heavy.

Overall I think it turned out pretty well, performance it great, love this club now. Right up there with my R1 performance wise. Feel and sound are no doubt 100 times better.

oh and the screw in the last picture, yeah i just did that cause i thought it was funny. not actually playing it like that, I have the toe cap back on

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377611433' post='7752431']
[/quote]

i ordered my SLDR but never specified swing weight, head weight, nothing (giant oversight on my part). when it came in I put my Oban White in it and the swing weight sky rocketed to D6-D7. Thats a no go for me. I play my R1 at D2.5 with the Oban. Instead of calling my rep or talking to customer service (which is great by the way as you can attest to im sure) I decided id take it into my own hands since I didnt want to not have a club for a week or so waiting for a new one to come in considering my rep had sold out of his allotment 2 weeks before. I popped the cap off, took the weight out and started grinding down either side of the weight with a bench grinder, and periodically measured the SW and gram weight to see how it was progressing. After a bit of grinding, I finally was able to lower the SW to D3.

Dumb move? Absolutely, but it was a raining day in the shop and I had to do something! I figured sooner or later I could get a replacement weight for the head if I messed it up that much. The only thing I was really afraid of was messing with the engineering of the club, I mean someone much smarter then me made this to begin with so for all I know I could be screwing up the performance a lot. My other option was to back weight my club, but I'm not a big fan of adding more static weight to a club I already think is too heavy.

Overall I think it turned out pretty well, performance it great, love this club now. Right up there with my R1 performance wise. Feel and sound are no doubt 100 times better.

oh and the screw in the last picture, yeah i just did that cause i thought it was funny. not actually playing it like that, I have the toe cap back on
[/quote]

Understood the removing the weight and attempting to reduce it part but was a bit clueless on the screw part and still am.

So, under the cap there is a open hole sitting under it?

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1377612948' post='7752573']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Understood the removing the weight and attempting to reduce it part but was a bit clueless on the screw part and still am.

[/quote]

haha im sorry about my rambling then since its not what you meant.

the screw is your standard hozel screw that screws into the adapter to hold the shaft in.golfnhack asked if it would work and i tried it earlier, when you pop the cap off theres a hole in there for hotmelt purposes, the hole is threaded for putting a hot melt plug in there i assume. but the cap takes care of the hole and covers it. without a cap its non conforming, but with the screw in there is should be conforming.

[attachment=1853477:image.jpg]

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377614025' post='7752687']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the screw is your standard hozel screw that screws into the adapter to hold the shaft in.golfnhack asked if it would work and i tried it earlier, when you pop the cap off theres a hole in there for hotmelt purposes, the hole is threaded for putting a hot melt plug in there i assume. but the cap takes care of the hole and covers it. without a cap its non conforming, but with the screw in there is should be conforming.

[/quote]

GOT IT! ok, so one can do the cotton ball trick or what ever that trick is if they remove the cap? Wow, or of course hot melt as stated. Hmmm, has me thinking that there is a way to add weight to my head other then lead tape.

To those who have added cotton, what type and how much is 5 grams?

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1377614526' post='7752767']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

GOT IT! ok, so one can do the cotton ball trick or what ever that trick is if they remove the cap? Wow, or of course hot melt as stated. Hmmm, has me thinking that there is a way to add weight to my head other then lead tape.those who have added cotton, what type and how much is 5 grams?
[/quote]

Isn't your SLDR heavy enough? Like CP, I have a Kiyoshi White in mine at 44.5", and it came out to D6.5.

[quote name='golfnhack' timestamp='1377614596' post='7752773']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1377614526' post='7752767']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

GOT IT! ok, so one can do the cotton ball trick or what ever that trick is if they remove the cap? Wow, or of course hot melt as stated. Hmmm, has me thinking that there is a way to add weight to my head other then lead tape.those who have added cotton, what type and how much is 5 grams?
[/quote]

Isn't your SLDR heavy enough? Like CP, I have a Kiyoshi White in mine at 44.5", and it came out to D6.5.
[/quote]

I like to work off of 198 or 199 grams.....mine came 194 though I requested those other two numbers...lead tape over the 460cc area on the head has raised it to 198 now, or D-4 range with a 122 gram shaft at 45" (grip, shaft, and sleeve)

Why would they choose to use that cover vs a standard plastic plug like most do for those ports?

And for what it's worth, I took three large cotton balls (like the makeup kind) and shoved them into my G25 which has a MASSIVE port to do this stuff on. I couldn't believe the hole was actually as big as the screw on the back. Anyway, I have no idea how much it weighed, but I would think you'd need a lot of cotton balls to get 5g worth.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1377615085' post='7752837']
Why would they choose to use that cover vs a standard plastic plug like most do for those ports?

And for what it's worth, I took three large cotton balls (like the makeup kind) and shoved them into my G25 which has a MASSIVE port to do this stuff on. I couldn't believe the hole was actually as big as the screw on the back. Anyway, I have no idea how much it weighed, but I would think you'd need a lot of cotton balls to get 5g worth.
[/quote]

the cap keeps the weight from sliding out, thats my only reasoning behind why they used the cap. but if you think about it, the screw works just as well at keeping the weight in, only difference is it doesn't take experimenting to get the screw off like the cap. maybe they thought the cap would prevent people from trying to figure out how to remove it

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1377615373' post='7752871']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1377615085' post='7752837']

[/quote]

the cap keeps the weight from sliding out, thats my only reasoning behind why they used the cap. but if you think about it, the screw works just as well at keeping the weight in, only difference is it doesn't take experimenting to get the screw off like the cap. [b]maybe they thought the cap would prevent people from trying to figure out how to remove it[/b]
[/quote]

Haha, that would actually make sense...

Bob, CxO: "Can we please figure out a way so these WRX'rs will stop tinkering with their clubs and then sending them back for warranty after they screw them up?"
Others in the room: "We can't stop them Bob, we can only hope to contain them."

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

There is an "11" on the side of my weight. Does anybody know if that means 11g or just a random manufacuring stamp? With the Protopype, the SW is D6, definitely more than I'm used to. Just bought an Accra SC 75 to try to increase flight. The pype is good, but why not try to get better?

I may just have to try this little trick if the SW stays up with the new shaft.....

[quote name='Banker' timestamp='1377626448' post='7754103']
There is an "11" on the side of my weight. Does anybody know if that means 11g or just a random manufacuring stamp? With the Protopype, the SW is D6, definitely more than I'm used to. Just bought an Accra SC 75 to try to increase flight. The pype is good, but why not try to get better?

I may just have to try this little trick if the SW stays up with the new shaft.....
[/quote]

Good lord, you're playing a SLDR with a ProtoPype for a shaft? Can you keep it airborne??!!

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1377626797' post='7754153']

Good lord, you're playing a SLDR with a ProtoPype for a shaft? Can you keep it airborne??!!
[/quote]

It's not as bad as it sounds...I'm not a super high swing speed guy & I hit it fine. I didn't pick up or lose any distance with it & the lefts turned into little draws mostly. Airtime was no different than with the Oban. I'll leave the tip on the pype in case the Accra experiment doesn't work out.

[quote name='Banker' timestamp='1377626448' post='7754103']

[/quote]

You are lucky. You got a lighter weight. With screw and blue plate it comes to 15. I thought mine was a 12, but it is an 11. The other is a 7. The stock is a 16