2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Dogs

calc61

Bringing this thread back to the front. Some fantastic dog pictures and stories here.

I lost my long-time, dignified, and faithful companion, my Scottish Terrier named Watson this morning. He died 2 months short of his 16th birthday. I'm quite sad, but he lived longer than anyone could reasonably expect. My sons (8 and 5) will have many memories of their sensitive little fellow, and I am so thankful that he told me it was time to go, sparing me from having to make that decision.

The house just does not seem right without him tapping around, but we will have to get used to it. I'm in no place for another dog, not for a while.

RIP, my wee beastie.

Really sorry for your loss. Your dog lived a long and Im sure great life! It's by far one of the hardest things to go through in life.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Bringing this thread back to the front. Some fantastic dog pictures and stories here.

I lost my long-time, dignified, and faithful companion, my Scottish Terrier named Watson this morning. He died 2 months short of his 16th birthday. I'm quite sad, but he lived longer than anyone could reasonably expect. My sons (8 and 5) will have many memories of their sensitive little fellow, and I am so thankful that he told me it was time to go, sparing me from having to make that decision.

The house just does not seem right without him tapping around, but we will have to get used to it. I'm in no place for another dog, not for a while.

RIP, my wee beastie.

My condolences ms. My golden passed 5 yrs ago, and once in a while I still tear up. It has been shown scientifically that dogs communicate with humans through selective breeding better than primates. They truly live for us, and in good situations, we capitulate.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss mshills. :(

I have "my" chihuahua Panda for the Easter and it's amazing how much joy these guys/gals bring us. Just watching them eat or sleep brings a smile to your face, not to mention everything else.

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

• 1 month later...

Missing my girl Leah. She was 14 1/2. We lost her last week to congestive heart failure. At first she responded to her meds for a few days then she took a turn for the worse. It so hard coming home and not seeing her there. One of my other dogs looked for her around the house for two days. So sad for all of us.

I feel so sad for you. Your Leah looks so much like my Howard, who we lost 2 yrs ago at 16 yrs of age. It still hurts to even talk about him, but our new Cocker (Riley....a rescue from Austin Cocker Rescue) is a delight who has really rescued us.

Missing my girl Leah. She was 14 1/2. We lost her last week to congestive heart failure. At first she responded to her meds for a few days then she took a turn for the worse. It so hard coming home and not seeing her there. One of my other dogs looked for her around the house for two days. So sad for all of us.

Man that is always so tough to bear. That's the only downside to having relationships with dogs, they leave us way too soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Honda (German Shepherd) and Brompton (chow chow)

Had them from pups and they are amazing! My girlfriend has a heart condition and walking these guys has been such an improvement to her life. Also when she is not feeling too good they both sit with her as if they know what's going on and how she is feeling.

I'm so glad I got them but I will miss them so much when they aren't here

ddc1u8.jpg

Thanks for the topic as my wife and I are going to have to put our girl down in the next week or so. She has been with us over 15 years and she is a huge part of our life. We don't have children, so she is certainly our daughter. My gut wrenches just thinking of life without her with us. My wife cries just talking about it....Not sure we will get another one.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Thanks for the topic as my wife and I are going to have to put our girl down in the next week or so. She has been with us over 15 years and she is a huge part of our life. We don't have children, so she is certainly our daughter. My gut wrenches just thinking of life without her with us. My wife cries just talking about it....Not sure we will get another one.

My thoughts go out to you and your wife for that tough time. I had to put my girl down at 16 5 yrs ago, and in some ways it was a relief to not see her in misery. I still miss her painfully at times though.

My thoughts go out to you and your wife for that tough time. I had to put my girl down at 16 5 yrs ago, and in some ways it was a relief to not see her in misery. I still miss her painfully at times though.

Thanks Thug, I agree, sometimes she looks at me and is so sad, almost telling me it is time and it is okay. both of us are crushed and cry like babies.....and I don't cry for much.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Man I always forget about the 19th hole. Every time I come around here I find another amazing thread. This one maybe the best yet.

Ill try to make this short. This is Penny. My Fiance and I adopted her about 3 years ago and they said she was about 3 so simple math says shes about 6. She was found in a swap with her puppy (got adopted before we could take both :( ) they said she had probably been dumped 3-6 months prior. We are both super allergic to dogs but don't care and will suffer because we love them so much. Said that to say, when we were looking to adopt, we looked for hypoallergenic dogs and Penny popped up as a Wheaten Terrier. We were so lucky to get her but everyone we talk to, including our vet, swears up and down she is a goldendoodle or some doodle mix. Either way, we love her to death. Here are a few photos of her lounging at the beach and also on my putting green because she hates to be alone. :)

Cheers guys!

In my lifetime, I've loved & lost numerous dogs...and they ALL were special to me & left big holes in my heart. But the sooner you get another dog the sooner that hole in your heart will mend. I know that right now the thought of another dog seems impossible, but believe me, the second you put that new dog (whether it's a puppy or adult) in your arms, you can feel the hurt diminish, and you know the dog you lost would want you to give another dog a wonderful forever home, just like she had. There are sooooo many deserving dogs in animal shelters & most of them got there thru no fault of their own.

I know what you're going through right now & you'll know when "it's time"....and yes, it is heart-breaking.

Man I always forget about the 19th hole. Every time I come around here I find another amazing thread. This one maybe the best yet.

Ill try to make this short. This is Penny. My Fiance and I adopted her about 3 years ago and they said she was about 3 so simple math says shes about 6. She was found in a swap with her puppy (got adopted before we could take both :( ) they said she had probably been dumped 3-6 months prior. We are both super allergic to dogs but don't care and will suffer because we love them so much. Said that to say, when we were looking to adopt, we looked for hypoallergenic dogs and Penny popped up as a Wheaten Terrier. We were so lucky to get her but everyone we talk to, including our vet, swears up and down she is a goldendoodle or some doodle mix. Either way, we love her to death. Here are a few photos of her lounging at the beach and also on my putting green because she hates to be alone. :)

Cheers guys!

Yep, she looks more like a "Doodle" dog to me too. You could always do the DNA test to find out for sure (it's $100). :yes:

Cheers guys!

Yep, she looks more like a "Doodle" dog to me too. You could always do the DNA test to find out for sure (it's $100). :yes:

Yes, we did the DNA and it was amazingly correct. She was a shelter dog and they nailed it....highly recommend the DNA test if you want to know what she is.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Cheers guys!

Yeah, we've considered doing that and just never got around to it. I think we should! Off to Petsmart tonight...

My wife and I have made the decision to put our 16 year old girl down next week. We cannot stop crying just thinking about it. We will be a wreck, the thought of not seeing her, having her around is gut wrenching. I do not know how we will make it, sounds weak, but she is our world. I am hurting badly and crying as I type.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

My wife and I have made the decision to put our 16 year old girl down next week. We cannot stop crying just thinking about it. We will be a wreck, the thought of not seeing her, having her around is gut wrenching. I do not know how we will make it, sounds weak, but she is our world. I am hurting badly and crying as I type.

Weak is the last thing that comes to mind. I'm sure you are like a lot of us that our pups are part of the family. I had to do this with my parents Shar Pei that I grew up with a few months back. It was horrible but it did help knowing that she was not going to be suffering anymore. Just know that you have a bunch of us thinking about you guys!

Weak is the last thing that comes to mind. I'm sure you are like a lot of us that our pups are part of the family. I had to do this with my parents Shar Pei that I grew up with a few months back. It was horrible but it did help knowing that she was not going to be suffering anymore. Just know that you have a bunch of us thinking about you guys!

Thank you very much, yeah, her quality of life is gone and sometimes I think she looks at me and is saying,"C'mon, it's time". She just lays there and sleeps, we have to take her out about every 1-2 hours as she can no longer hold it. My wife gets up 3-4 times in the night to take her out. We know it is the right thing to do, but it is so hard to actually make the decision. My vet is also my best friend, so he will come over and put her down at our home when we make the call.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Thank you very much, yeah, her quality of life is gone and sometimes I think she looks at me and is saying,"C'mon, it's time". She just lays there and sleeps, we have to take her out about every 1-2 hours as she can no longer hold it. My wife gets up 3-4 times in the night to take her out. We know it is the right thing to do, but it is so hard to actually make the decision. My vet is also my best friend, so he will come over and put her down at our home when we make the call.

You will be doing the kindest thing you can do for your beloved dog. My vet told me once when I was agonizing over when to say goodbye to my dog, that the only thing worse than doing it too soon, is doing it too late.

It's one of the worst things I have ever gone through. I have never cried over anything as bad as I have cried over losing a pet. I like to think of myself as a pretty "tough" person but I just lose it over losing a dog. Stay strong man.

It's so tough to go through that I have ran the idea of not getting a dog even though I absolutely love them when I get my own place just because I don't want to go through the whole process of losing them. It is that tough on me.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

It's one of the worst things I have ever gone through. I have never cried over anything as bad as I have cried over losing a pet. I like to think of myself as a pretty "tough" person but I just lose it over losing a dog. Stay strong man.

It's so tough to go through that I have ran the idea of not getting a dog even though I absolutely love them when I get my own place just because I don't want to go through the whole process of losing them. It is that tough on me.

I know how you feel, but all the years of pure joy a dog gives you is worth the pain (for me anyway). And believe me, I feel the pain....I cry reading your post it brings back so many memories of my dogs over a lifetime. There's a wonderful shelter dog out there just waiting to accept all the love you have, you won't regret it.

I know how you feel, but all the years of pure joy a dog gives you is worth the pain (for me anyway). And believe me, I feel the pain....I cry reading your post it brings back so many memories of my dogs over a lifetime. There's a wonderful shelter dog out there just waiting to accept all the love you have, you won't regret it.

Kay, I agree, whomsoever is a bleeding heart dog lover is almost in a way bound to adopt dogs in spite of the way they wound you by leaving too quickly. We are almost obligated to provide caring and love for those canines who would otherwise have nothing. I have had 5 dogs, and it hurts a lot when they go, but I know I will never not be a dog owner. Dogs are one of the better and more miraculous things that man has invented..

You will be doing the kindest thing you can do for your beloved dog. My vet told me once when I was agonizing over when to say goodbye to my dog, that the only thing worse than doing it too soon, is doing it too late.

Our Leah was very special to us. She always knew what to do to give her love to us. She made it easier on us by letting us know it was her time to pass. As you say she also had that look of "c'mon, it's time." My only regret was I felt we waited three days to long. As she always did she gave us her all those last three days so that we could prepare ourselves to let her go. Selfish of us but so giving of her.

It was a very difficult first week for us after her passing. The hardest part for me was coming home to the house and not seeing her there. It does get better as time moves on but I have my moments. We have two other dogs so we get comfort from them but it is still very hard because every dog is special in their own way. We are not sure what we are going to do. At one time we thought about adopting a fourth dog . With Leah gone I went through I never want another dog moment. I know Leah wouldn't want me thinking that way so we will see what happens. My wife, daughter, and I never went looking for a dog. Each one of our dogs found us so I guess we will know when our next dog comes along.

Our Leah was very special to us. She always knew what to do to give her love to us. She made it easier on us by letting us know it was her time to pass. As you say she also had that look of "c'mon, it's time." My only regret was I felt we waited three days to long. As she always did she gave us her all those last three days so that we could prepare ourselves to let her go. Selfish of us but so giving of her.

It was a very difficult first week for us after her passing. The hardest part for me was coming home to the house and not seeing her there. It does get better as time moves on but I have my moments. We have two other dogs so we get comfort from them but it is still very hard because every dog is special in their own way. We are not sure what we are going to do. At one time we thought about adopting a fourth dog . With Leah gone I went through I never want another dog moment. I know Leah wouldn't want me thinking that way so we will see what happens. My wife, daughter, and I never went looking for a dog. Each one of our dogs found us so I guess we will know when our next dog comes along.

Thanks everyone for the support, we took Charlie for our last walk this morning. My wife constantly filmed her as she is having a very difficult time. I cannot believe she will not be walking around the house. I am already looking at dish bowls and toys that will still be here, while she will not. It is gut wrenching for the both of us. I cannot believe how hard this is.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

To golfnuts4.....please believe that you are doing the kindest & most humane thing you can do for your dog. And also know that for true dog lovers it will be possible for you to love another dog just as much, even though right now it seems impossible. Please do not feel any guilt in doing what you know is best for your dog. Yes, you won't be fit to be around for a couple of weeks, but the sooner you fill that painful void In your hearts, you'll feel better immediately. Yes, that void will always be there, but it will be eased by the joy of loving another special dog. Heck, I'm crying right now for you because I know exactly what you are going through. My 16 yr old Cocker, Howard, has been gone for over two years now & I still have trouble talking about him, & maybe always will. But I can guaranty you that I love my new Cocker, Riley, every bit as much. I found him (or he found me) from the Cocker Rescue group in Austin just two months after we lost Howard, and we couldn't wait to get him in our arms. Hang in there....it will get better, but right now is the toughest, for sure.

Yes, I have been hugging her, knowing these are the last hugs, last kisses. I even cry watching her pee. The pain is enormous, even though I know she will be in peace. This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my 52 years. Thanks all for the support. It has been unbelievably helpful.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey