Dogs

calc61

I haven't been to the 19th hole in a while but now I have tears in my eyes (I don't cry much unless it's about animals). I hope you GolfNuts4 and your wife are feeling better now! Maybe this is a good chance to travel etc. as I'm sure you'll want and need another dog or two sooner rather than later.

I'm the same way. I don't cry about much, but sometimes something will bring up memories of one of my dogs, especially my golden retriever Marlee, she passed 6 yrs ago, and the waterworks just come out. There is something about how dogs live entirely for you. You are their world. They want nothing more than to please you and receive your love and praise. Unparalleled in the animal kingdom.

I hear that.

Watson passed away on the morning of Palm Sunday, like I posted earlier, just a couple months short of his 16th birthday. I got Watson when he was nine weeks old, and he'd been with me through numerous moves, a few girlfriends, finding the right girl, getting married, and expanding the family with our two sons. No matter what, Watson was always there with his circling welcome dance at the end of the day.

Occasionally I forget. Yesterday I stopped to get wine on the way home from the office, with bad weather coming in fast. I thought "shoot, I'd better get home quickly so I can take Watson for his walk." :(

Our boys are 8 and 5, and I am so thankful that Watson lived long enough where they will both have many memories of our household mascot. Plus, Watson got to do what many people want to do -- he lived out his days in sunny South Florida. :D

May get another dog at some point, but we have lots of family commitments and lifestyle changes coming, and I want to see if a dog fits.

ms, your sharing almost got me leaking. I love the description of the circle dance. I hope that you will again welcome a dog into your lives.

I haven't been to the 19th hole in a while but now I have tears in my eyes (I don't cry much unless it's about animals). I hope you GolfNuts4 and your wife are feeling better now! Maybe this is a good chance to travel etc. as I'm sure you'll want and need another dog or two sooner rather than later.

I'm the same way. I don't cry about much, but sometimes something will bring up memories of one of my dogs, especially my golden retriever Marlee, she passed 6 yrs ago, and the waterworks just come out. There is something about how dogs live entirely for you. You are their world. They want nothing more than to please you and receive your love and praise. Unparalleled in the animal kingdom.

I hear that.

Watson passed away on the morning of Palm Sunday, like I posted earlier, just a couple months short of his 16th birthday. I got Watson when he was nine weeks old, and he'd been with me through numerous moves, a few girlfriends, finding the right girl, getting married, and expanding the family with our two sons. No matter what, Watson was always there with his circling welcome dance at the end of the day.

Occasionally I forget. Yesterday I stopped to get wine on the way home from the office, with bad weather coming in fast. I thought "shoot, I'd better get home quickly so I can take Watson for his walk." :(

Our boys are 8 and 5, and I am so thankful that Watson lived long enough where they will both have many memories of our household mascot. Plus, Watson got to do what many people want to do -- he lived out his days in sunny South Florida. :D

May get another dog at some point, but we have lots of family commitments and lifestyle changes coming, and I want to see if a dog fits.

Sorry to hear that, I lost Charlie 3 weeks ago, she was the best thing that has ever happened to my wife and I and the hardest day was actually the day after we put her down. House seemed so empty. We are doing better but still have our moments where we cry. We miss her so much. Will get another one some day, but right now, doing some much needed traveling. It is amazing how attached we get, the unconditional love is an amazing thing. I am sorry you lost Watson, I know the pain. Just remember how much love you gave and how great of life you provided.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

I apologize for posting so much, but it has been helpful. She is gone, my heart is aching like never before. I will never get to kiss her, rub her, smell her, snuggle with her again. How do you get through this pain? I am sorry for the depressing posts, but it helps to get it out.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a family member is never an easy thing.

I have this pic on my wall in my cube:

CbDwdDVUMAA_QtO.jpg

(Not my dog). But it's so true. Dogs come and go, but what they provide to our lives is fantastic. But, we are their WHOLE life. We're pretty much all they know.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Had to share... we just picked this little beauty out Saturday! We don't get to take her home for a couple more weeks and I can't wait!

She's a beaut! Name?

No name yet... still deciding.

We keep asking my two year old what she wants to name her and gives us the names of all the other dogs in the family lol.

She's also a huge fan of the cartoon the "Paw Patrol," so the name "Skye" is a big hit with her lol.

Had to share... we just picked this little beauty out Saturday! We don't get to take her home for a couple more weeks and I can't wait!

She's a beaut! Name?

We keep asking my two year old what she wants to name her and gives us the names of all the other dogs in the family lol.

She's also a huge fan of the cartoon the "Paw Patrol," so the name "Skye" is a big hit with her lol.

She's a real cutie. All shepherd, or mixed? I do like 'Skye'...or how about 'Birdie'? Or, if you're a Tmag fan, how about 'Taylor'?

She's a beaut! Name?

She's a real cutie. All shepherd, or mixed? I do like 'Skye'...or how about 'Birdie'? Or, if you're a Tmag fan, how about 'Taylor'?

She's pure bred shepherd... mom and dad are both beautiful dogs with great markings so I think we got a pretty good one!

There's a family on my block who let their 3-yr old name their dog......that's how he became "Batman" :cheesy:

LOL! Our neighbor did the same and that's how their dog ended up as Sprinkles!

I got the little gal for the weekend. As you can see her nails were a bit long so I cut them and now she'll hide behind the sofa for the rest of the day. Not even the sound of the fridge door opening gets her to move. Poor little thing. :(

IMG_20160709_142841.jpg

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

I apologize for posting so much, but it has been helpful. She is gone, my heart is aching like never before. I will never get to kiss her, rub her, smell her, snuggle with her again. How do you get through this pain? I am sorry for the depressing posts, but it helps to get it out.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a family member is never an easy thing.

I have this pic on my wall in my cube:

CbDwdDVUMAA_QtO.jpg

(Not my dog). But it's so true. Dogs come and go, but what they provide to our lives is fantastic. But, we are their WHOLE life. We're pretty much all they know.

--kC

This couldn't possibly be more true in my house.

Greenie,

I am so sorry for your loss. As you can see in earlier posts, we had to put our Charlie down a few weeks ago and it was the hardest thing my wife and I have ever done. Dogs are so much a part of our families and the unconditional love they give is priceless. I know it hurts, but as you know, time will heal. You will never forget, but it does get better. At least you still have a companion. I still break down and cry missing my little girl and knowing she is gone forever.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

Greenie,

I am so sorry for your loss. As you can see in earlier posts, we had to put our Charlie down a few weeks ago and it was the hardest thing my wife and I have ever done. Dogs are so much a part of our families and the unconditional love they give is priceless. I know it hurts, but as you know, time will heal. You will never forget, but it does get better. At least you still have a companion. I still break down and cry missing my little girl and knowing she is gone forever.

People who have never had a dog often say, "it's just a dog". It's hard to explain what dogs bring to a person or family's life if you've never had one.

I woke up this morning and found Asia had passed doing the night. I recently lost my Leah two months ago. They were best friends. Now they can be together once again. Asia on the left and Leah on the right. I still have my Layla to get me through another emotional time.

I feel so very sad for you. I can't imagine the pain of losing two of your girls so close together. Rest assured, the Rainbow Bridge is a happy place for them to be together again.

This girl deserves to be remembered:

http://imgur.com/5K19p5R

She died yesterday while doing her absolute favorite thing, roaming around one of my favorite courses.

She was the mascot of this course called Cardinal Hills in Randolph, NY. In the morning, the owner would start his grounds work on the course, and she'd run behind him until she decided she wanted to do her own thing. She'd then run around the course for the rest of the day being a bright spot for all of the players.

When she got tired, she'd hop in the closest cart, and hitch a ride back to the clubhouse. It didn't matter if it was on the farthest hole away, she'd sit in the cart quietly while the group she joined continued to play, and hop off whenever they made the turn, or finished up.

I was lucky enough to meet her for the first time in #7. She jumped in my cart like it was her home, and I had no idea what was going on. When I called the pro shop they assured me she'd watch me play before hopping off after I finished #9. She did exactly that. Over the next few years she jumped in my cart about a dozen times always ready to take the last bite out of a hamburger.

Everyone loved her, and she never, ever got in the way. We all considered her a good luck charm before she'd take a quick rest inside at the bar before finding the next cart to hop into.

R.I.P. Lola. You will be missed.

This girl deserves to be remembered:

http://imgur.com/5K19p5R

She died yesterday while doing her absolute favorite thing, roaming around one of my favorite courses.

She was the mascot of this course called Cardinal Hills in Randolph, NY. In the morning, the owner would start his grounds work on the course, and she'd run behind him until she decided she wanted to do her own thing. She'd then run around the course for the rest of the day being a bright spot for all of the players.

When she got tired, she'd hop in the closest cart, and hitch a ride back to the clubhouse. It didn't matter if it was on the farthest hole away, she'd sit in the cart quietly while the group she joined continued to play, and hop off whenever they made the turn, or finished up.

I was lucky enough to meet her for the first time in #7. She jumped in my cart like it was her home, and I had no idea what was going on. When I called the pro shop they assured me she'd watch me play before hopping off after I finished #9. She did exactly that. Over the next few years she jumped in my cart about a dozen times always ready to take the last bite out of a hamburger.

Everyone loved her, and she never, ever got in the way. We all considered her a good luck charm before she'd take a quick rest inside at the bar before finding the next cart to hop into.

R.I.P. Lola. You will be missed.

Heartwarming story peach. Awesome dog, great example of what exceptional beings dogs are.

We just had to put our 11 year old boxer down on Sunday. What made it even more difficult is we were on vacation and had to do it over the phone. Driving back was pretty tough, but walking in the door and not having her greet us was the worst. When I went into the laundry room where her bed and food were, I lost it. She was my wife and I's first "kid."

We just had to put our 11 year old boxer down on Sunday. What made it even more difficult is we were on vacation and had to do it over the phone. Driving back was pretty tough, but walking in the door and not having her greet us was the worst. When I went into the laundry room where her bed and food were, I lost it. She was my wife and I's first "kid."

I am so sorry for your loss, it has been 8 weeks for us since we lost ours. I agree the roughest was all the dog bowls and toys and the emptyness of the house. Time has healed and it will for you two as well. Dogs are amazing family members, remember the great life you gave her.

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Scotty Cameron Monterey

How sad not to be able to be there for her......that would be the hardest part for me to get over. Hopefully, someone she knew & trusted was with her.

Pretty generic but as a dog owner here is my .02:

Pluses

Companionship

Intrusion alerts

Endless love for you

They do funny things sometimes

Conversation starter

Meet new friends at park, etc

99.9% of puppies are adorable

Minuses

Pee/poo accidents

Unwanted barking

Can't be away from home for more than 8-10hrs at a time (biggest drawback by far)

Can up your home/renter insurance

More vacuuming

Added expenses

Eventual grief and sadness when they die

Pretty generic but as a dog owner here is my .02:

Pluses

Companionship

Intrusion alerts

Endless love for you

They do funny things sometimes

Conversation starter

Meet new friends at park, etc

99.9% of puppies are adorable

Minuses

Pee/poo accidents

Unwanted barking

Can't be away from home for more than 8-10hrs at a time (biggest drawback by far)

Can up your home/renter insurance

More vacuuming

Added expenses

Eventual grief and sadness when they die

That last issue is the only one I have a hard time dealing with, all the others are whatever.