2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Dogs

calc61

This is Levi...an English Setter that was rescued from a shelter in south Georgia. We're working to find him a permanent home.

When we got Levi he had heart worms, whip worms, hook worms, and pneumonia. The local vet didn't think Levi would last more than a few days. Since then Levi has received a lot of attention and good medical care and he is well on his way to full health. He is gaining weight and developing a sweet but impish personality.

By Setter standards, Levi will probably always be a lower energy dog due to his past health issues. He won't be a good jogging partner but will be up for moderate walks. He'll be interested in birds/butterflies/squirrels etc, but he's not going to chase them endlessly. He'll be a good indoor dog that wants to hang out with his people and enjoy a loving family.

Please PM me if you or someone you know might want to give Levi a forever home.

thank you

This is Bosco. He is a Bichon/Yorkie mix. Was supposed to be 12 or 13 lbs., now sitting at 21. My wife (girlfriend at that time) picked him up right as we started living together. In my 31 years on this planet this was the first dog I lived with (grew up in a cat household). Cannot imagine life without him. He brings so much joy into our lives, and is fantastic with people and kids.

I great quote I heard once was along the line of "Be the person your dog thinks you are." Thought that was great.

photo3_zpscb3e2d34.jpg

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='esquireking' timestamp='1411218124' post='10152327']
This guy has been a life changer , he is a service dog in training that has changed our home and has already begun to assist my medical condition. He is a belgian malinois and the sweetest working dog I've ever met.
[/quote]Malinois are great dogs.....he's gorgeous! We had the pleasure of a having a female Malinois spend the night with us a while back. She's a very highly trained explosives-sniffing dog and she jumped a fence to check out some deer passing thru her property. She ran a little too far from home, and I found her on our street looking lost. She was very approachable so I brought her in my house, where she totally won us over. Her owners were frantic and we found them & (& them us) the next morning, but she could've stayed in my home forever. She was fabulous....one of the most sound dogs I've ever met, & we could tell that within hours of having her in our house. I'm sure she could've found her way back home easily if I hadn't brought her in, but I cannot bear to see a dog running loose.....too many bad things can happen, even by accident. She was microchipped, but had no tags on her collar. It was a Friday night & vets' offices & the Humane Society Shelter were closed, so I couldn't get her scanned. Anyway, the story had a very happy ending, and I found out firsthand just how wonderful those beautiful & smart dogs are.

My brother has started fostering dogs. He has had two blue healer puppies for the last couple weeks. One got adopted a week ago and the other should be picked up today by his adoptive family. So two more puppies will be over there this week. I have a blast with them. I go every other day and let them out and play with them and his dog. His poor dog gets chewed on by these puppies but he just goes with it. Its like he knows they are just puppies and having fun. Never seen him snap at one.

1901445_10202290787605765_1667206657_n.jpg?oh=8beb3f1650c16ebd7b99ec27e64af89c&oe=54858EA3&__gda__=1418507897_4432b9bfe66fb9204280319696fcbd41

To the left was the family golden retriever that passed away at 14 years old about 6 months ago. Center is my parent's border collie who is an absolute sweetheart. To the right is my mutt who's been an all around awesome dog. Here's another pic of him as a puppy.

295220_3111021889182_759007369_n.jpg?oh=b003ca227413f9325a92101dfed79a90&oe=54C7317F&__gda__=1422012855_17031eb6fb62ec53bbb40502300c39cc

I love dogs and can never imagine not having at least one in my life at all times. Truly man's best friend.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1411998929' post='10204937']
brutal.

You can't sit Phil and Keegan a whole day.

You can't sit fowler at all, unless he is hurt.

You have to ride the hot pairing.
[/quote]

The cons of owning a dog: They don't live long enough.

Lexie after a bath. She's asking "why? why you do this to me?"
[attachment=2437627:lexie_after_bath.jpg]

Macy on the left and Lexie on the right. Macy is borderline dog genius... not so much for Lexie
[attachment=2437629:macy_and_lexie.jpg]

They even have their own YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LexieAndMacy/videos

[quote name='dukeman' timestamp='1412022206' post='10207561']
Just curious....if you leave your dog in a crate, how long is too long?
[/quote]
IMO, you should never crate a dog because it is so unfair. You should just take extra precautions to protect your furniture or carpet. This is why whenever my family and I are on vacation we have close friends that move in with our pups instead of putting them in a kennel.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1412024614' post='10207797']
[/quote]
IMO, you should never crate a dog because it is so unfair. You should just take extra precautions to protect your furniture or carpet. This is why whenever my family and I are on vacation we have close friends that move in with our pups instead of putting them in a kennel.
[/quote]I beg to differ with you. I've shown, bred & trained dogs for many years, and done right, a crate to a puppy or dog, is like a crib to a baby. Done right, it is certainly not cruel, it is a safe, secure haven for a well-tempered dog. I can think of many places In the home that are not safe, & can even be deadly for a dog loose in the house. I think if you did some true research with vet's & many dog trainers of the highest knowledge, you will find that crate training can be one of the best things you can do for your dog. No, you do not leave a dog in a crate for more than four hours, IMO...and that depends on the dog, the circumstances, & the crate. Do you think placing a baby in a crib is unfair? It is no different than crating a dog for relatively short periods of time.

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1412125549' post='10215159']
[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1412024614' post='10207797']
[/quote]
[/quote]I beg to differ with you. I've shown, bred & trained dogs for many years, and done right, a crate to a puppy or dog, is like a crib to a baby. Done right, it is certainly not cruel, it is a safe, secure haven for a well-tempered dog. I can think of many places In the home that are not safe, & can even be deadly for a dog loose in the house. I think if you did some true research with vet's & many dog trainers of the highest knowledge, you will find that crate training can be one of the best things you can do for your dog. No, you do not leave a dog in a crate for more than four hours, IMO...and that depends on the dog, the circumstances, & the crate. Do you think placing a baby in a crib is unfair? It is no different than crating a dog for relatively short periods of time.
[/quote]

My dog loves her crate. I started her in the crate when I rescued her and she had no problems with it, now she just runs over the house when she stays in during the day, but I do crate her at night.

Its funny, when she's had enough of the day, I let her out in the yard one last time, she does her business, comes right in and goes straight to her crate. I truly believe if she could turn the lights off and tell us all to go to bed she would, its hilarious.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

• 2 weeks later...

[i]I'm at five dogs and a teacup pig, not by choice. My college age daughter has rescued two dogs in the past year. I'm a dog person and have always had one and always will... We have beagles that patrol the yard and keep critters out of the yard. The others are small and stay indoors for the most part...But, my favorite is the mini pig. I love my mini pig alot, and for the same reason as the dogs. The pig is very trainable and smart, loves attention...Piggy It's funny how you can love each dog, with all of their different qualities, the same. Each dog has their own personality, even within the same breed...very hard to get rid of a dog once it attaches to your heart strings....[/i]

Titleist 915D4 with Matrix HM3 black tie stiff
Titleist 915f with AD DI 8s
Titleist 915h AD DI 105s
Fourteen TC 888 nippon modus 3 stiff
Fourteen RM 11 tour issue with modus
Scotty Golo, Bryon DH89, Betti Jam

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1413392746' post='10292995']
Kay is correct. Crate training is part of a very effective training regiment, and the best part is it's so easy. If done properly, your pup should look at the crate as their safe cave.
[/quote]

Dogs see crates as their home. Took in a stray who was obviously owned by someone about 2 1/2 years go now and it's funny seeing her around the house. She always has a favorite spot and it seems to mimic a crate. In my apartment it was under a couch side table or funny enough she would rest in the gap my golf clubs leaning against the wall would cause. She just liked having something over her head.

here's my pup

we adopted her about a year ago, she was only a few months old then

they named her Princess Leia and we kept the name - I mean a real princess in the house!? MY 5 yr old daughter was in heaven

I honestly don't know how we lived w/out her, she's such a sweet heart

Not 100% sure what she is, but been a told a bit of German Shepard, Huskie, and Lab

I can see of of that in her personally

I call her "Wolfy" for the most part !!! hahah!

IMG_2371_zpsb1c8c350.jpg

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

I beg to differ with you. I've shown, bred & trained dogs for many years, and done right, a crate to a puppy or dog, is like a crib to a baby. Done right, it is certainly not cruel, it is a safe, secure haven for a well-tempered dog. I can think of many places In the home that are not safe, & can even be deadly for a dog loose in the house. I think if you did some true research with vet's & many dog trainers of the highest knowledge, you will find that crate training can be one of the best things you can do for your dog. No, you do not leave a dog in a crate for more than four hours, IMO...and that depends on the dog, the circumstances, & the crate. Do you think placing a baby in a crib is unfair? It is no different than crating a dog for relatively short periods of time.

The pup I bought for my family 5 years ago, the parents were crate trained.

I always thought it was somewhat ironic, to have dogs for protection, and companions for your kids in a crate.

Needless to say, our Shepherd is not, and sleeps where he wants.

I've got are dog trained how to jump through a window in an emergency.

I sleep pretty good knowing a 100 pound german shepherd wanders my house at night.

190DA4DD-C560-49FB-87F3-64C7C7BF5D21_zpsrvfzw0lh.jpg

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

I beg to differ with you. I've shown, bred & trained dogs for many years, and done right, a crate to a puppy or dog, is like a crib to a baby. Done right, it is certainly not cruel, it is a safe, secure haven for a well-tempered dog. I can think of many places In the home that are not safe, & can even be deadly for a dog loose in the house. I think if you did some true research with vet's & many dog trainers of the highest knowledge, you will find that crate training can be one of the best things you can do for your dog. No, you do not leave a dog in a crate for more than four hours, IMO...and that depends on the dog, the circumstances, & the crate. Do you think placing a baby in a crib is unfair? It is no different than crating a dog for relatively short periods of time.

The pup I bought for my family 5 years ago, the parents were crate trained.

I always thought it was somewhat ironic, to have dogs for protection, and companions for your kids in a crate.

Needless to say, our Shepherd is not, and sleeps where he wants.

I've got are dog trained how to jump through a window in an emergency.

I sleep pretty good knowing a 100 pound german shepherd wanders my house at night.

190DA4DD-C560-49FB-87F3-64C7C7BF5D21_zpsrvfzw0lh.jpg

Gorgeous dog! I had Shepherds for many years, and after the puppy-stage, they always had the run of the house, but they were all crate-trained as pups. I also traveled to dog shows a lot, & they were always in a crate in the van (or stationwagon). It's safer for a dog to ride in a vehicle in a crate. They all, without exception, loved their crates. A crate was always available to them during the night, with the door open...and it was surprising how often the dog would sleep in the crate, even when he could sleep on the sofa if he wanted to. I have a Cocker Spaniel now & he has the run of the house. There are many good reasons to crate-train most any dog, that certainly doesn't mean the dog has to stay in the crate for extended periods of time.

• 2 months later...

I probably posted this pic earlier as I posted a few of her along with a few stories though this is Brandy(Brandywine of Tall Oaks)-

I was fortunate to have had her unconditional Love for 14 years, far longer than an average Rotty's life span-

But there was nothing average about her-

From her breeding and selection as a Special Forces Canine, though a CL tear sidelined her and My Father got her for me.

She was very, very special-

When I had my first bout of cancer and drove about everyone around me away, she was there, every single day and night-

Unconditional Love!!

Right to the end-

That's pretty powerful-

Lord, today sucked, but it was time-

The Vet's last words as she listened for Brandy's heart to stop after being administered the IV: "Boy does She have a strong heart."

She was 95lbs of Heart!!

RIP Buddy :)

All of my Love,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1420595085' post='10698315']
I probably posted this pic earlier as I posted a few of her along with a few stories though this is Brandy(Brandywine of Tall Oaks)-

I was fortunate to have had her unconditional Love for 14 years, far longer than an average Rotty's life span-

But there was nothing average about her-

From her breeding and selection for a Special Forces Canine, though a CL tear sidelined her and My Father got her for me.

She was very, very special-

When I had my first bout of cancer and drove about everyone around my away, she was there, every single day and night-

Unconditional Love!!

Right to the end-

That's pretty powerful-

Lord, today sucked, but it was time-

RIP Buddy :)

All of my Love,
Richard
[/quote]I am so sad for you....believe me, I know how it hurts. I lost my 16 yr old Cocker a year ago this month, and I can still sob my heart out over him, if I let myself. Get another....when you're ready, you will love again!