2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Dogs

calc61

Brielle's surgery to remove the cancerous lump yesterday went awesome. We won't get the results as to how bad it is until we get the tests back. She looks pretty funny with the cute little pink bandage on her foot haha.

She can walk fine with it on, but I am still carrying her to go outside to keep the pain to a minimum.

You know you truly love your dog when she is 60 pounds and you carry her around like a lap dog so she can feel more comfortable :)

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Don't know what I'd do without my little buddy. Truly man's best friend. He's a black and brown full size/standard dachshund. He weighs 22lbs. His name is Otis. He's been my avatar since I joined GolfWRX.

Driver: Cleveland 588 Altitude 9*
3-wood: Acer XF 15*
Hybrids: Acer XF 22* & 25*
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 6-pw
Wedges: Acer XB Satin 52* & 56*
Putter: Golfmate Milled Series

Update on Earl

I finally got a good picture of Earl. He's a very handsome, recently neutered young male...maybe 3-4 years old.

He has been getting along well with a variety of dogs and is very affectionate with people. I haven't seen him around cats.

I still think he has some hunting training. He is very focused on the birds/squirrels/butterflies in the backyard and has a beautiful set which he can freeze in half a second.

He is working on his house training, but he does know not to get on furniture.

Earl would do great with a home with a fenced yard and room for him to run around. He has a medium to high energy level, so I think he would be a good walking or running partner.

Please private message me if you would be interested in adopting Earl.

[attachment=2232427:Earl1.jpg]

So not to be too much of a downer, but yesterday my pup was diagnosed with lymphoma. She is just shy of her 8th birthday and may not have too long left. I'll know more when the blood test results are in tomorrow. She is one of the most amazing dogs I have ever had the pleasure of coming across, and I'm so lucky that I've had the ability to call her part of our family. This is Kelevra:

[quote name='Fisher' timestamp='1400589132' post='9330415']
So not to be too much of a downer, but yesterday my pup was diagnosed with lymphoma. She is just shy of her 8th birthday and may not have too long left. I'll know more when the blood test results are in tomorrow. She is one of the most amazing dogs I have ever had the pleasure of coming across, and I'm so lucky that I've had the ability to call her part of our family. This is Kelevra:
[/quote]

That is one pretty face!

Best wishes for both of you

[/quote]

She is a real cutie; it's breaking my heart. I hope her condition is treatable.

[/quote]I feel so sad for you. I don't think anyone posting in this thread hasn't felt the absolute heartbreak of losing a beloved dog, and it hurts just as bad to hear of anyone else losing one. Hopefully, your beautiful girl will have some wonderful days left & you can enjoy her. I lost my special dog in January & it still hurts like Hell. :(

[/quote]

Sorry to hear about that. Lymphoma is very treatable in dogs and there is a 75% success rate with radiation treatments which can result in 100% remission. Dogs tolerate radiation really well. Our Boston had a tumor in his neck and it completely went away with 4 treatments. He lived for 2 1/2 years after that with a good quality of life, and even then the tumor never reoccurred. I don't know your situation, but it wasn't too terribly expensive. It was certainly worth it to have him around that much longer. Best of luck to you and your pal.

PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
Callaway XR16 3 & 5W Tensei CK Blue 70
PING G25 23 Hybrid GD Tour AD 85g Hyb
Callaway Apex CF16 5-GW Recoil 780ES
Callaway MD3 54 & 58 Recoil 110
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red / SS Flatso 1.0
Bridgestone Tour B330

Thanks for all the support guys. The lab results came in today and it is terminal. Kelevra has lymphoma; at least stage 3, but likely stage 4 or 5. We won't know unless we do a biopsy and all that, but considering she's pretty far down the stages I don't think I want to subject her to all that poking and prodding. I'll just let her live out the rest of her natural life and spoil the hell out of her every chance I get. Thanks again, all.

[quote name='Fisher' timestamp='1400692480' post='9340297']
Thanks for all the support guys. The lab results came in today and it is terminal. Kelevra has lymphoma; at least stage 3, but likely stage 4 or 5. We won't know unless we do a biopsy and all that, but considering she's pretty far down the stages I don't think I want to subject her to all that poking and prodding. I'll just let her live out the rest of her natural life and spoil the hell out of her every chance I get. Thanks again, all.
[/quote]

That sucks. She is a beautiful dog, and I'm sure she has a personality to match. Give her lots of love, try to stay strong, and come back to this thread if you need a little support and empathy. (crap, I'm starting to tear up already)

[/quote]I'm so sorry to hear this news. This is truly the ONLY thing bad about loving a dog....when it comes time to say goodbye. But all the joy they bring into our lives is worth it. My vet told me one day, that the only thing worse than saying goodbye too soon, is doing it too late. Just keep her happy & comfortable as long as you can, then let her go peacefully & with dignity. We owe them that.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear. I hope your time with her is the best it can be and fills you both with enjoyment.

[/quote]Thoughts & Prayers Bro-

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1400030945' post='9290533']
Brielle's surgery to remove the cancerous lump yesterday went awesome. We won't get the results as to how bad it is until we get the tests back. She looks pretty funny with the cute little pink bandage on her foot haha.

She can walk fine with it on, but I am still carrying her to go outside to keep the pain to a minimum.

You know you truly love your dog when she is 60 pounds and you carry her around like a lap dog so she can feel more comfortable :)
[/quote]That's great that her pain/discomfort was minimal from the surgery!

Thoughts and Prayers on the diagnosis!

Keep the Faith Bro!

My Very Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

One of my three labs is patent leather black....like a pair of tuxedo shoes. He's our best looking dog by far.

i do some work with a lab shelter here, and they tell me that it is tough to photograph a pure black dog. So many times their face and eyes just disappear into the darkness...makes it hard for a potential adopter to feel emotional attachment.

Got the test results today and Brielle's cancer is very bad. We don't want to put her through chemo, the doctor said that because of her breed it will most likely not be successful. We have no idea how much time she has left but we are cherishing every moment with her, she truly is a special dog. She is still as playful as a puppy so we are hopeful. Praying for a miracle.....

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1400895996' post='9357787']
Got the test results today and Brielle's cancer is very bad. We don't want to put her through chemo, the doctor said that because of her breed it will most likely not be successful. We have no idea how much time she has left but we are cherishing every moment with her, she truly is a special dog. She is still as playful as a puppy so we are hopeful. Praying for a miracle.....
[/quote]And that's all you can do. Enjoy every day you have with her & when the time comes, do not let her suffer....that's all our dogs ask of us, & it's the least we can do. Fortunately, dogs live in the moment & do not worry about yesterday or tomorrow. I feel your pain.....truly I do.

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1400895996' post='9357787']
[/quote]Miracles happen!

Belief and Prayers-

You, your family and Pet will be in mine

My Best,
Richard

Five minutes separated these two pictures, lol.

In the first, Springer, as he usually does, takes up residence in my favorite recliner, so I have to use my other one while he lays in "his."

The second, after he had shredded my pink/breast cancer Steeler "Terrible Towel" right off of my bag, lol.

It's amazing, because when I saw it in like 4-6 pieces, I was irate, though by the time that I caught up with Springer, this is the position that I found him in, lol.

I told him "no" and "bad" though I gave him a treat cuz I think that I hurt his feelings.

We got a serious problem with bounderies, lol, though He and Brandy have been Huge in helping me through this cancer thing so WTH is a golf towel. I've got a few more lol.

Have a great holiday week-end Gals/Gents :)

My Best,
Richard

Kay,

I'm so sorry for your loss though your latest family addition is adorable!!

Have a great week-end :)

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1400956901' post='9360469']
Kay,

I'm so sorry for your loss though your latest family addition is adorable!!

Have a great week-end :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]Thanks.....yes, Riley IS adorable and he's helping us heal after losing our 16-yr old Cocker, Howard. Howard was one of those "once in a lifetime" dogs and it's still very painful even thinking about him. I cannot do it without breaking down still....and he's been gone since January. This thread breaks my heart but I cannot stay away. So many here are true dog lovers, and we're definitely kindred spirits (and we love golf too of course).

Well, dogs who shed and live indoors are an absolutely nightmare and unless you like hair everywhere and your place smelling like a dog 24/7, you have to put in a TON of time keeping your place clean.

Seeing this face and unconditional love after a bad day makes me forget about the cleaning, costs or inconveniences of having a pet.

9057576679_33367b0463_z.jpg

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

After our loss in early May we decided that a new addition to the family was needed. We need a dog around here and the time was right. After looking long and hard for a good breeder we found Cooper, a (now) 9 week old Boston Terrier born on St Patrick's Day. How lucky can you get?

He is a handful (at all of 6 pounds) but doing really well adapting to his new home.

10173768_1448387475408484_509917939894409449_n.jpg

10365977_1448388882075010_2019045671236829583_n.jpg

PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
Callaway XR16 3 & 5W Tensei CK Blue 70
PING G25 23 Hybrid GD Tour AD 85g Hyb
Callaway Apex CF16 5-GW Recoil 780ES
Callaway MD3 54 & 58 Recoil 110
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red / SS Flatso 1.0
Bridgestone Tour B330

After our loss in early May we decided that a new addition to the family was needed. We need a dog around here and the time was right. After looking long and hard for a good breeder we found Cooper, a (now) 9 week old Boston Terrier born on St Patrick's Day. How lucky can you get?

He is a handful (at all of 6 pounds) but doing really well adapting to his new home.

He looks pretty relaxed to me! Ridiculously cute....

He is a cute little guy!

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6