Dogs

calc61

It's a Christmas miracle.

I just found a permanent home for my foster english setter, Ruckus.

When the rescue group got Ruckus, he had lost most of his hair and suffered from heart worms, fleas, tics, mange, intestinal parasites, and who knows what else. The group vetted him back to health, and I've had him for just a few weeks. One of my neighbors saw me walking him just before Christmas and submitted their application to adopt him yesterday...hooray!

I've attached a picture of him from just a few days ago. He's regained most of his hair and is going to be a beautiful setter with a very nice life.

Despite his troubled past, he is already the happiest dog I've ever had. Hard to imagine what he'll be like with a permanent home and some caring owners!

Merry Christmas :)

[quote name='dukeman' timestamp='1388356263' post='8364325']

When the rescue group got Ruckus, he had lost most of his hair and suffered from heart worms, fleas, tics, mange, intestinal parasites, and who knows what else. The group vetted him back to health, and I've had him for just a few weeks. One of my neighbors saw me walking him just before Christmas and submitted their application to adopt him yesterday...hooray!

I've attached a picture of him from just a few days ago. He's regained most of his hair and is going to be a beautiful setter with a very nice life.

Despite his troubled past, he is already the happiest dog I've ever had. Hard to imagine what he'll be like with a permanent home and some caring owners!

[/quote]

LOVE hearing stuff like that...

Congrats...

[/quote]

I wish I could foster dogs. The only problem is that I would adopt them all

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[/quote]What a wonderful Christmas present....for you, for the adoptive family, and mostly for that beautiful dog!!!

0000000608989132_zpsc3a123ab.jpg.html]9079766A-FC17-40CA-BD24-B31E0C190D6A-123-0000000608989132_zpsc3a123ab.jpg[C10E4382-F52E-4D3F-A6BD-BBF2D5FAD8C2-146-0000001BEDE13A41_zps93b96228.jpg

/BE9E4920-11B2-456F-BA1E-9CE045F9EB9D-1123-0000016E8D236AA8_zps86d3200c.jpg

Your Shepherd looks very well-bred. I used to train, show & breed German Shepherds. There is no better dog than a GOOD Shepherd!

I've had 4 and he's the best, I had 2 at once for awhile both dumped on me from terrible homes.

I did without for 6-7 years when I lost Dingo an enormous German shepherd that suffered the last couple years of his life with hip dysplasia.

This one I raised from 9 weeks, and came from a lot of research of different breeders.

He's kind of the best of both worlds as the mother is west German show dog bloodline, and the father is an older American working dog line.

Both have plush coats, hence his longer hair, with a hint of red color. He's at my feet. And a superb animal. B67BBB36-B8BB-4ECC-9843-A2B96DD33A7C-217-0000002795E0A88C_zps9037ae0c.jpg

366149BF-20F4-43DC-A68D-84471F3937B0-4887-000005CCBCC38038_zps02a734b2.jpg

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

[/quote]

Dukeman, just want to personally thank you for being a foster caregiver. It must take a lot of dedication and effort, and the whole system of rescuing and relocating animals would not work except for people like you. 50,000 thumbs up!

I think when the kids leave the nest we might look into doing the same...

0000000608989132_zpsc3a123ab.jpg.html]9079766A-FC17-40CA-BD24-B31E0C190D6A-123-0000000608989132_zpsc3a123ab.jpg[C10E4382-F52E-4D3F-A6BD-BBF2D5FAD8C2-146-0000001BEDE13A41_zps93b96228.jpg

Your Shepherd looks very well-bred. I used to train, show & breed German Shepherds. There is no better dog than a GOOD Shepherd!

I've had 4 and he's the best, I had 2 at once for awhile both dumped on me from terrible homes.

I did without for 6-7 years when I lost Dingo an enormous German shepherd that suffered the last couple years of his life with hip dysplasia.

This one I raised from 9 weeks, and came from a lot of research of different breeders.

He's kind of the best of both worlds as the mother is west German show dog bloodline, and the father is an older American working dog line.

Both have plush coats, hence his longer hair, with a hint of red color. He's at my feet. And a superb animal. B67BBB36-B8BB-4ECC-9843-A2B96DD33A7C-217-0000002795E0A88C_zps9037ae0c.jpg

I'm sure he's very special. He's the type of Shepherd that needs to get out & be shown all around town, so folks will know what a really "Good" Shepherd is supposed to be. I've had a couple of special ones in my life and, believe me, I feel blessed to have had two. They had the perfect temperament, were super intelligent, and seemed to have "souls"....plus being just flat out gorgeous! Your's seems to fit that criteria too.

So a quick story on my girls...

the%2520girls.jpg

So a couple years ago, we had the little ugly one on the right, who is a chihuahua mix that I'm convinced is invincible and immortal (she's 16 and flies around like a puppy) and a beagle/lab mix that had been my best friend for a decade or so. Well, the beagle/lab mix got sick, cancer, and had to be put down because he couldn't eat or drink any more. It killed me to do it, as he was my buddy, and I really thought it would be a long time before we "replaced" him.

Well, the little one (tinkerbell...that ugly little dog's name is tinkerbell. seems less than appropriate) seemed a little lonely after a month or so, so we kind of started looking around a bit to see if we should maybe add a second dog. We didn't have much luck, until a friend of a friend of a friend emailed me, letting me know that there had been a 2 year old beagle stray that they'd see around for about 6 months, and that they finally got her into the garage during a big storm, and after a trip to the vet for a double ear infection, would I be interested in adopting her. I spent about 5 minutes with her, and knew she was coming home with me. She's been an absolute doll, and has decided that of our family of 3, I'm her person, and she's apparently my dog. (she's the one on the left in the pic)

Shelby, the dog i the back, is a 6 year old beagle that we recently inherited from a friend who could no longer care for her. She's just about a twin to Rhea in most situations...

beagles%25201.jpg

and she's got a great, laid back temperment about her. We ended up getting tinkerbell from a client of my wife, who is a social worker, because she wouldn't go into a retirement home unless her dog ended up with a good home. She's such an ugly little dog, but she's a sweetheart, so she gets to stay. (plus, she and my daughter are inseparable, and they'd all likely get rid of me before tinkerbell)

So we have 3 now, after deciding to only have one. More dog food, more cleaning up the dog pen, but lots more fun.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

I'm sure he's very special. He's the type of Shepherd that needs to get out & be shown all around town, so folks will know what a really "Good" Shepherd is supposed to be. I've had a couple of special ones in my life and, believe me, I feel blessed to have had two. They had the perfect temperament, were super intelligent, and seemed to have "souls"....plus being just flat out gorgeous! Your's seems to fit that criteria too.

Gotta love them Germans!

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

So a quick story on my girls...

the%2520girls.jpg

So a couple years ago, we had the little ugly one on the right, who is a chihuahua mix that I'm convinced is invincible and immortal (she's 16 and flies around like a puppy) and a beagle/lab mix that had been my best friend for a decade or so. Well, the beagle/lab mix got sick, cancer, and had to be put down because he couldn't eat or drink any more. It killed me to do it, as he was my buddy, and I really thought it would be a long time before we "replaced" him.

Well, the little one (tinkerbell...that ugly little dog's name is tinkerbell. seems less than appropriate) seemed a little lonely after a month or so, so we kind of started looking around a bit to see if we should maybe add a second dog. We didn't have much luck, until a friend of a friend of a friend emailed me, letting me know that there had been a 2 year old beagle stray that they'd see around for about 6 months, and that they finally got her into the garage during a big storm, and after a trip to the vet for a double ear infection, would I be interested in adopting her. I spent about 5 minutes with her, and knew she was coming home with me. She's been an absolute doll, and has decided that of our family of 3, I'm her person, and she's apparently my dog. (she's the one on the left in the pic)

Shelby, the dog i the back, is a 6 year old beagle that we recently inherited from a friend who could no longer care for her. She's just about a twin to Rhea in most situations...

beagles%25201.jpg

and she's got a great, laid back temperment about her. We ended up getting tinkerbell from a client of my wife, who is a social worker, because she wouldn't go into a retirement home unless her dog ended up with a good home. She's such an ugly little dog, but she's a sweetheart, so she gets to stay. (plus, she and my daughter are inseparable, and they'd all likely get rid of me before tinkerbell)

So we have 3 now, after deciding to only have one. More dog food, more cleaning up the dog pen, but lots more fun.

Thanks for sharing and for taking in all these pups into your home and heart

Especially the ugly one.....!!!!!!

German Shorthair named Autobahn. He likes watching Ricky Fowler light it up at Augusta

[attachment=2008447:image.jpg]

And showing some holiday spirit

[attachment=2008449:image.jpg]

G25 8.5* - Speeder TS 7.2x
RBZ Stage2 TS - Black Tie 8M3x
Anser 17* - SteelFiber 95x
J40 CB 4-PW - ss X100
J15 54/58
TM Spider Mallet

This is my families dog. His name is Wilson (he was actually named after the volleyball from the movie Castaway).

DSC_0021_zpsfc5c48c5.jpg

He is 11 years old and is a pretty well behaved (most of the time at least). Aside from being half blind he still loves to play Frisbee, chase bocce balls and golf balls, bark at cats, eat apples and sleep.

DSCN0610_zps53e627d5.jpg

DSCN0087_zps25731bd4.jpg

A typical summer afternoon for him.

643896_10151812057591057_1209935956_n_zps5a15182f.jpg

He is pretty much my best friend. Not sure what I'd do with out him.

We are on our second Boston she is 7 years old since we don't have any kids or grandkids she is our "baby"

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1392146522' post='8645527']
CS, Love the pic of the tug-o-war with the tree branch..
[/quote]

Thanks thug! I had to rush to get that picture. It was a little tiny twig basically, so right after I got this one, it snapped in half. Bailey (the black one) got the bigger end of the "wishbone" =)

[quote name='CSchnee' timestamp='1392146926' post='8645597']
[quote name='jlt73' timestamp='1392146622' post='8645547']
my dog really hates the snow. Just like me!
[/quote]

I think the smaller pups aren't a huge fan of the snow. They get too cold. Who knows, I'm no expert.
[/quote]

they sure do. Its funny. His feet get super cold and he will do this weird poop walk on three legs alternating between each back leg being off the ground

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

This is a great thread, but since we had to say goodbye to our 16-yr old Cocker (Howard) a couple weeks ago, it's very hard to look at all the pics of your beloved dogs. My husband & I are still not fit to be around. We were prepared for losing Howard, but we were not prepared for how much it hurt....and still does. We will get another I'm sure, an older dog, they're so much easier, but we're not ready yet. We'll know when.....

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1392317792' post='8660853']
This is a great thread, but since we had to say goodbye to our 16-yr old Cocker (Howard) a couple weeks ago, it's very hard to look at all the pics of your beloved dogs. My husband & I are still not fit to be around. We were prepared for losing Howard, but we were not prepared for how much it hurt....and still does. We will get another I'm sure, an older dog, they're so much easier, but we're not ready yet. We'll know when.....
[/quote]

I'm sorry about your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never easy.

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1392317792' post='8660853']
[/quote]

Kay, I send my most heartfelt sympathy for your loss. It is amazing how deep dogs reach into our hearts and minds, and then when they leave, the feeling of loss and emptyness can be devistating. From out of nowhere, I still tear up sometimes for my 16 yr old Golden, Marlee, who departed over 4 years ago.

Thanks....only those who have truly loved a dog understand the pain of losing them. I sometimes think that I let myself love my dogs too much, but at the same time I think it's impossible to love them "too" much. It's obvious that every one in this thread knows what I'm talking about. It helps to know I'm not alone.