2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Dogs

calc61

We just picked up a 3rd dog at our house. My old roomate is going thru a divorce and where he is living wont allow dogs. Well his ex wife was not a fan of the dog and had him sleeping outside. This was back in mid november when it started getting cold. I couldnt deal with that so I told him go get the dog and bring him to my house. Dingo is a 12 year old yellow lab. Just an old soul. He cant get around real well and has to crawl to get on the couch. But he is so much happier at my house. He has a couple dogs to play with and gets a million treats and a warm place to sleep. He has even started running around a little bit trying to keep up with my dogs, he cant keep up so he gets mad, plops down in the yard and barks. Funny thing is if someone is laying on the couch, he will crawl up on the couch then crawl in your lap and go right to sleep. Barely one person can fit on my couch but he doesnt care.

You can sure get attached to these animals.

85CC5446-2F20-402F-9460-B0161806F45D_zpsabg7o8ij.jpg

Bro, that's a HoF shot, lol!!!

Beautiful mug and great pic!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1420595085' post='10698315']
I probably posted this pic earlier as I posted a few of her along with a few stories though this is Brandy(Brandywine of Tall Oaks)-

I was fortunate to have had her unconditional Love for 14 years, far longer than an average Rotty's life span-

But there was nothing average about her-

From her breeding and selection as a Special Forces Canine, though a CL tear sidelined her and My Father got her for me.

She was very, very special-

When I had my first bout of cancer and drove about everyone around me away, she was there, every single day and night-

Unconditional Love!!

Right to the end-

That's pretty powerful-

Lord, today sucked, but it was time-

The Vet's last words as she listened for Brandy's heart to stop after being administered the IV: "Boy does She have a strong heart."

She was 95lbs of Heart!!

RIP Buddy :)

All of my Love,
Richard
[/quote]

Dammit Richard, yoy got my eyes leaking all over the place..brought up memories of my Golden..I lost her 5 years ago. No worries bro, it was a good release. Sometimes it is good to remember and have a good cry.

Wishing you all the best, and when the time is right, jump back in and find a pup who will fill that place in your heart.

Just lost my best buddy in August. His name was Ozzy. He was a shih-tzu. My mom brought him home one day out of nowhere when I was 14. At first I thought he was going to be a little ankle biter but he was nothing like that. He wouldnt bark at anyone. He was scared of his own shadow haha. That dog loved me as I did him. He would only listen to me and it would piss the rest of the family off. I ended up taking him with me when I finally moved out. He lived 14 years which is a long time when you think about it. He had been having trouble with his hips and such and I came home from a night out and he was laying in front of my door like he was sleeping but had died. That was a crappy day. Never thought Id love a pet so much but boy do I miss him. Ill get another one some day but hes going to be hard to replace.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this, being somewhat introvert this is very true at least for me. :D Luckily it's not so bad on the golf course as you know one thing you can most certainly talk about on the course.

10986391_1545908485672758_2062097960_n.jpg

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

[quote name='blaird' timestamp='1420640625' post='10700699']
We just picked up a 3rd dog at our house. My old roomate is going thru a divorce and where he is living wont allow dogs. Well his ex wife was not a fan of the dog and had him sleeping outside. This was back in mid november when it started getting cold. I couldnt deal with that so I told him go get the dog and bring him to my house. Dingo is a 12 year old yellow lab. Just an old soul. He cant get around real well and has to crawl to get on the couch. But he is so much happier at my house. He has a couple dogs to play with and gets a million treats and a warm place to sleep. He has even started running around a little bit trying to keep up with my dogs, he cant keep up so he gets mad, plops down in the yard and barks. Funny thing is if someone is laying on the couch, he will crawl up on the couch then crawl in your lap and go right to sleep. Barely one person can fit on my couch but he doesnt care.
[/quote]You're a good guy! And your friend's ex-wife should have to sleep outside. :taunt:

I completely forgot about this thread.. We got another dog about 3 months ago, Liberty. German Shepard that's now 7 months old. She was training to be a K-9 unit, but didn't make it out of the police academy so we picked her up from a foster home. She's been so good with the exception of other dogs. She wants to rip every dog apart for some reason. Hopefully we can stop that eventually.

[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1425854013' post='11104039']
I completely forgot about this thread.. We got another dog about 3 months ago, Liberty. German Shepard that's now 7 months old. She was training to be a K-9 unit, but didn't make it out of the police academy so we picked her up from a foster home. She's been so good with the exception of other dogs. She wants to rip every dog apart for some reason. Hopefully we can stop that eventually.
[/quote]That's German SHEPHERD, and obedience training should get rid of her "other dog" affliction. I've had one of those, and obedience training was the only thing that works. And 7 months is an ideal age to start. :taunt:

[quote name='blaird' timestamp='1420640625' post='10700699']
[/quote]
Thanks for taking in the Dingo man, very kind of you
All the best

[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1425854013' post='11104039']
[/quote]

Man she is a real looker! Kay is right, I would take care of that using a professional trainer to make sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Roscoe won the photo contest at HealthyPet Magazine for Spring 2015. To enter your pet go to www.healthypetmagazine.com/contest. Here's the winning photo.

Roscoe%20-%20HealthyPet%20Photo%20Winner_zpssjfy5b7a.jpgl-1-2_zpsly1mcfwj.jpg

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

I've got 2 mini schnauzers at home that my wife and absolutely love. They at polar opposite dogs in terms of personalities. One is extremely independent, protective, stubborn and territorial. The other is scared of his own shadow, has floor paralysis as we call it, and is just the sweetest little guy in the world.

Last night we woke up to Maverick (the second dog I spoke of) throwing up. After being up with him all night we took him to the animal hospital. He has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. We got him home this afternoon and now he is under constant attention. 5 prescriptions and, well, a lot of clean up if you know what I mean. It's gross. I feel so bad for the little guy though. He's in pretty rough shape. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Curlin' timestamp='1430866314' post='11505779']
What a great thread!
[/quote]Welcome to the board Curls!!

Adorable Pooches!!!

Have a Great season My Friend :)

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• 2 weeks later...

Got my German Shepherd puppy last year and I haven't regretted a single second of it. I literally wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. They are a big time commitment but if you have the patience and discipline to train them properly, they bring so much happiness to life.

TM R15 TP 9.5 Stiff Speeder TS 6.3
TM SLDR S 3W Stiff
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP - 18.5* Stiff
Mizuno MP 4 4-PW C Taper X Stiff
Vokey 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Odyssey Works Tank 2Ball Putter - 35"

We recently got 3 rats. I never knew they are just like tiny dogs - curious, love to be handled and petted, and even affectionate. Anyway, whenever I am over at their cage playing with them or feeding them, our lab comes over and sits right next to me, sometimes nudging my leg, looking at me with that look saying 'Seriously?!'. So of course, I have to give her a little loving too...

• 6 months later...

Well, my Bud who's a Pittsburgh detective and his coumps busted drug house and inside were 3 pit bulls and one Rottie/Pit mix and they had to be put down. However out behind the house, which was a back alley, was this little munchskin, all 18lbs of him, soaking wet, shivering and looking like a drowned rat. So Jamie sends the big dogs with Animal Control and takes this one home with him.

Well, the wife said forgetaboutit so he calls me and asks if I wanted another(I've got a Rottie and a "mini" Rottie rescue dog, lol)?

The vet guesstimated about 7-8 months old-

I mean WITH was I gonna say?

No?

Nah, never happen, lol

Meet MacDonald, or as his Buds refer to him, "Mac" or "lil Mac"

WTH, he's cute and feisty-

The streets'll do that to ya, lol

Stay Well My Friends :)

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays,
Richard

Awesome thread... surprised I haven't come across it until now.

This is my boy, Zeus. He's a pure bred German Shepherd.

Got him at eight weeks old. There has been a lot of thick, and a lot of thin, over the last five and a half years; and he has been right by my side though 100% of it. Not sure what I would've done without him.

Zeus%20XE1-2.jpg

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it took some work(mainly from Madison, lol), however I got the pooch's Christmas pictures shot-

Better late than never :)

Happy New Year Kay, Gals & Gents :)

All the Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1451666120' post='12788362']
Well, it took some work(mainly from Madison, lol), however I got the pooch's Christmas pictures shot-

Better late than never :)

Happy New Year Kay, Gals & Gents :)

All the Best,
Richard
[/quote]And the dogs even forgave you for dressing them up like that, huh? :taunt:

• 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back to the front. Some fantastic dog pictures and stories here.

I lost my long-time, dignified, and faithful companion, my Scottish Terrier named Watson this morning. He died 2 months short of his 16th birthday. I'm quite sad, but he lived longer than anyone could reasonably expect. My sons (8 and 5) will have many memories of their sensitive little fellow, and I am so thankful that he told me it was time to go, sparing me from having to make that decision.

The house just does not seem right without him tapping around, but we will have to get used to it. I'm in no place for another dog, not for a while.

RIP, my wee beastie.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle