Random conversation thread

> @HoldenCornfield said:

> "GOLF IN THE KINGDOM"

>

> No, I don't mean the book (or the movie based on the book). I'm talking about golf in the next life -- the other side -- heaven -- or whatever you want to call it.

>

> Will they have golf there? If so, what do you think it will be like? I'm sure people in this crowd have thought about it, seeing as how most of us are on the wrong side of 50.

>

> First off, I imagine the courses will be absolutely spectacular, and probably free. But what about the game itself? If we have perfect bodies will we make perfect swings every time? With perfect minds will we pull the right club every time and read perfectly the break of each putt? Does this mean we will shoot 54 every time out and the game will be too easy and boring?

>

> I worry about these things. I need some reassurance.

>

> And how do I get my Hogan Precision irons and Mac woods to the other side with me? I've always heard you can't take them with you. Do they have eBay over there?

>

> On the flip side of the equipment issue, will I finally find a perfect putter?

If you're hitting 54 every time you play then you're not in heaven, you're in hay-al !

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played 9 at the local old-school muni track. First day in months it was pleasant outside (thanks for the cool north wind Canada). Course was absolutely jam packed and they were grouping up people into foursomes on the first to get things moving. Shot a career round last Saturday with modern clubs but shot a clunker with the Hogan bag Tuesday. I crushed two beautiful three woods but other than that nothing was clicking. Terribly hooking the driver despite making some grip changes that worked beautifully with the modern clubs Saturday (and at a great range session last night).

I think the placement and design of the prostate needs to be rethought. I was on business trip to the east coast and needed a catheter to fly home. I’ve had a damn catheter for 10 days now and had laser surgery yesterday.

“Ouch” doesn’t even describe this. I get it out on Monday and can’t touch a club for about a month. Ouch!

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

• 3 weeks later...

So the battery of my phone had been on the fritz, so I bought a new one and a kit to do the swap at home. I was doing fine and about ready to sew it back up when I noticed the screen had some lines on it from a bad connection, so I went to re-seat it. In a moment reminiscent of a sitcom, there was an orange glow, a puff of smoke, and the smell of fried electrical components. I completely toasted the phone, and there is nothing I or really anyone else can do about it.

A number of things come to mind here, namely 1, that fools rush in (I didn't properly prepare myself with the instructions) and that I'm not really used to breaking unfixable things. When a golf shaft snaps you pull the stub, clean the bore and put in a new shaft. Same thought for the battery. Weird to think that I just made something worthless by having two things in contact for a half second.

> @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> So the battery of my phone had been on the fritz, so I bought a new one and a kit to do the swap at home. I was doing fine and about ready to sew it back up when I noticed the screen had some lines on it from a bad connection, so I went to re-seat it. In a moment reminiscent of a sitcom, there was an orange glow, a puff of smoke, and the smell of fried electrical components. I completely toasted the phone, and there is nothing I or really anyone else can do about it.

>

> A number of things come to mind here, namely 1, that fools rush in (I didn't properly prepare myself with the instructions) and that I'm not really used to breaking unfixable things. When a golf shaft snaps you pull the stub, clean the bore and put in a new shaft. Same thought for the battery. Weird to think that I just made something worthless by having two things in contact for a half second.

Yep electronic stuff now days can be real sensitive. I can remember when they came out with the delay wipers on International trucks. I was turning wrenches at a International dealer at the time. Anyhow there was a circuit board that was dealer serviceable. You had to wear rubber gloves to service the board. Static electricity and sweat from your hands would cause the board to fry. It was also the same for the printed circuit boards running all the gauges . Most of the older guys would not mess with them. Usually the guys in the trim and glass department handled that because they worked in a separate AC area and did not get as dirty as most of us line mechanics

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Did a weird thing today (no not that weird thing). I'm a natural right-hander who bats at cricket as a lefty, plays tennis and tabletennis with the right, plays golf right-handed. drinks beer right and left-handed etc. A lot of problem with my golf is the right hand overpowering the left hand, not an uncommon problem I hear. So to build up confidence with the leading arm/hand I reverse my grip to a left-hander. A thousand practice swings later and my left arm/hand still hasn't got the message, well maybe a word or two. So I took a calm swing at a ball (vintage 4 wood) with the reverse grip and couldn't believe the result. It didn't clear the planet but it did go high'ish and straight as an arrow (more Robin in the Hood arrow than John Travolta in Broken Arrow). 50 balls later with different clubs and I was still hitting them cleanly off the deck with medium distance. This is a big breakthru for me and a millennium leap compared to the usual fumbling mishits I experience away from the tee, so what can I take from this? I've proved that the leading arm has a large influence on the swing - has anyone else done it this way? would someone please try it and post results back in here? and to paraphrase Donkey in Shrek "Are we there yet?".

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

> @"Nomad Golfer" said:

> Did a weird thing today (no not that weird thing). I'm a natural right-hander who bats at cricket as a lefty, plays tennis and tabletennis with the right, plays golf right-handed. drinks beer right and left-handed etc. A lot of problem with my golf is the right hand overpowering the left hand, not an uncommon problem I hear. So to build up confidence with the leading arm/hand I reverse my grip to a left-hander. A thousand practice swings later and my left arm/hand still hasn't got the message, well maybe a word or two. So I took a calm swing at a ball (vintage 4 wood) with the reverse grip and couldn't believe the result. It didn't clear the planet but it did go high'ish and straight as an arrow (more Robin in the Hood arrow than John Travolta in Broken Arrow). 50 balls later with different clubs and I was still hitting them cleanly off the deck with medium distance. This is a big breakthru for me and a millennium leap compared to the usual fumbling mishits I experience away from the tee, so what can I take from this? I've proved that the leading arm has a large influence on the swing - has anyone else done it this way? would someone please try it and post results back in here? and to paraphrase Donkey in Shrek "Are we there yet?".

This is interesting. I've never tried it, but considering the number of folks who putt lefthand low and the results they get versus my horrific putting it's high time that I gave it a try. Can't be any worse and a heck of a lot cheaper than getting lulled into thinking a change in club would make anything more than a superficial difference.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hi scomac, thanks for your reply. I am wondering now if all along we are using the wrong grip.

Now that you've mentioned it, I too used to putt left hand low and was more accurate until I changed to the standard grip. I'd be very interested in your results - I found it odd to start with but didn't take that long to get into the groove. Also found I tend to sweep the ball off the grass rather than digging a hole to China, and the only drawback I can think of at this stage is developing swing speed in this mode. Let me know how you get on. I'll get a game on the course next week to really test the theory out. Btw, are you gearing up for the coming winter curling?

cheers

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Actually I haven't curled for over a season now after I herniated a disc and then discovered that I'm suffering from disc degeneration as well. I just got back to playing a bit of golf this year after pretty much sitting on the sidelines last year.

The plan is to ease back into curling once a week this season and see how that goes. I won't be throwing out of the hack anymore though. I will convert to using a delivery stick. (similar to shuffleboard)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Actually I haven't curled for over a season now after I herniated a disc and then discovered that I'm suffering from disc degeneration as well. I just got back to playing a bit of golf this year after pretty much sitting on the sidelines last year.

>

> The plan is to ease back into curling once a week this season and see how that goes. I won't be throwing out of the hack anymore though. I will convert to using a delivery stick. (similar to shuffleboard)

Commiserations - yeah been there done that with the discs, particularly bad sciatic nerve until physio fixed up lower alignment. To ease twisting while swinging I wear flat bottom shoes (no studs) so the bod can slide around, like Moe Norman's minimum lower twist, and speaking of Moe, I copy Moe's swing on a single plane (similar to DeChambeau) and the only difference is not placing the club a foot behind the ball. Looking at some of his videos, I noticed how Moe throws his leading arm up at the end of his swing and points it directly at the target which tells me how important that leading arm is. Another thing I've noticed is by reversing the grip the torso is "pulled" around rather than "pushed" which seems to cause less strain on the back - I'm working on it. Cheers

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> On the front page of today's WRX, I spy two pics of persimmon woods. Don't know what if anything to make of it. Other than mere coincidence. However, I did make note of the occurrence.

Was it an add for Links Soul?? I think they are a forum sponsor now----- BTW since it was rainy today I did something we talked about a time back. I did a leather grip wrap for an old Tommy Armour putter I had laying around. Used an old ladies grip I had laying around for an under listing and used E-9000 glue to stick it on. Came out pretty well

Soco I have had putting woes bad in the last 2 years--- Since I have so many putters I have been constantly been changing putters and grips both with my hands and the grip on the club itself. Last night I was rummaging around the shop and found a couple of vintage putters with the original wrap ROUND leather grips. Picked one up and it felt good in my hands. Thought to myself hmmm they may have been on to something. Liked the way it fit in my hands felt as comfortable as any thing has lately. I got to thinking I pulled out an old Cleveland Designed by 8802 style I have had for years. Put a round Tacki Mac midsize I had laying around. Felt pretty good when I tried it this Am before the rain set in. Came home and did a leather wrap on a old Armour and a Little David 8802 like I described to Fella above. I had also brought to the course with me an old Penna Calamity Jane styled putter with original round leather grip that Richard graciously sent me some time back. I putted really good with it too. Maybe the old timers were really on to something. I did some research this afternoon and found Edel offers a round putter grip as does Best Grips. Like I said I have tried many grips in the last couple of years with my hands and today the round grips felt the best. Will wait and see how this works out. Also bent up an old Mac Nicklaus 271 that I have had for years--- I had never messed with it because it had an original leather wrap grip and I flat refuse to take one of those off in good shape. So now I have plenty of options. Now I have sworn off all Anser styled or modern putters for now anyhow

• Like 1

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > On the front page of today's WRX, I spy two pics of persimmon woods. Don't know what if anything to make of it. Other than mere coincidence. However, I did make note of the occurrence.

>

> Was it an add for Links Soul?? I think they are a forum sponsor now----- BTW since it was rainy today I did something we talked about a time back. I did a leather grip wrap for an old Tommy Armour putter I had laying around. Used an old ladies grip I had laying around for an under listing and used E-9000 glue to stick it on. Came out pretty well.

Nope. One was a [hour + podcast ](http://www.golfwrx.com/569640/on-spec-a-conversation-with-fellow-golf-nut-peter-schmitt/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Blogroll_Home&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused "hour + podcast ")with a guy talking about using old equipment (didn't listen to it). The other was another in the on-going series with [The Wedge Guy, Terry Kohler](http://www.golfwrx.com/570014/the-wedge-guy-some-things-that-make-me-go-hmm/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Blogroll_Home&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused "The Wedge Guy, Terry Kohler"). I've been finding his take on related topics interesting. For a hot minute both were seen on this site's front page.

For the asking price of that Link Soul persimmon D, could be ball'n a Wood Brothers Texan. With a few pesos left over.

Excellent on the regrip. Not to difficult of a task. Biggest hurdle (for me at least) is finding a putter underlisting. Don't have extras in inventory to repurpose. FWIW, was a Cleveland Designed By that I regripped using an old Mac spiral bead leather grip salvaged off an iron. I'll scrounge any old club that has a serviceable leather wrap grip and/or rubber underlisting.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Soco I have had putting woes bad in the last 2 years--- Since I have so many putters I have been constantly been changing putters and grips both with my hands and the grip on the club itself. Last night I was rummaging around the shop and found a couple of vintage putters with the original wrap ROUND leather grips. Picked one up and it felt good in my hands. Thought to myself hmmm they may have been on to something. Liked the way it fit in my hands felt as comfortable as any thing has lately. I got to thinking I pulled out an old Cleveland Designed by 8802 style I have had for years. Put a round Tacki Mac midsize I had laying around. Felt pretty good when I tried it this Am before the rain set in. Came home and did a leather wrap on a old Armour and a Little David 8802 like I described to Fella above. I had also brought to the course with me an old Penna Calamity Jane styled putter with original round leather grip that Richard graciously sent me some time back. I putted really good with it too. Maybe the old timers were really on to something. I did some research this afternoon and found Edel offers a round putter grip as does Best Grips. Like I said I have tried many grips in the last couple of years with my hands and today the round grips felt the best. Will wait and see how this works out. Also bent up an old Mac Nicklaus 271 that I have had for years--- I had never messed with it because it had an original leather wrap grip and I flat refuse to take one of those off in good shape. So now I have plenty of options. Now I have sworn off all Anser styled or modern putters for now anyhow

Welcome aboard the round putter grip wagon. I've been playing round grips for awhile from when I gamed a hickory putter, through my current MacGregor Jackie Pung and Hogan Princess. I would not regrip the mint leather grip on the mac, nor would I touch the original BH sunburst grip on the Princess. I really think the round grip on the Calamity putter is the ultimate feel putter. You can watch the face open, close and release, and really boil it down to getting a flat piece of metal 90 degrees to target line. (And as a bonus, with that kind of putter, the left-handed 50yard punch-out shot is a go... In fact I have probably hit more full-swing putters than any other type of trouble shot!

Reminds me at some point I need to reshaft that hickory putter.

Lastly, who decided an anser putter was a blade? My putter is a blade, a bullseye is a blade, an 8802 is kind of a blade. An anser, for my money looks more like a mallet than 'mallet putters', most of which fall into my classification of 'shaped metal brick on a stick'...

So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Soco I have had putting woes bad in the last 2 years--- Since I have so many putters I have been constantly been changing putters and grips both with my hands and the grip on the club itself. Last night I was rummaging around the shop and found a couple of vintage putters with the original wrap ROUND leather grips. Picked one up and it felt good in my hands. Thought to myself hmmm they may have been on to something. Liked the way it fit in my hands felt as comfortable as any thing has lately. I got to thinking I pulled out an old Cleveland Designed by 8802 style I have had for years. Put a round Tacki Mac midsize I had laying around. Felt pretty good when I tried it this Am before the rain set in. Came home and did a leather wrap on a old Armour and a Little David 8802 like I described to Fella above. I had also brought to the course with me an old Penna Calamity Jane styled putter with original round leather grip that Richard graciously sent me some time back. I putted really good with it too. Maybe the old timers were really on to something. I did some research this afternoon and found Edel offers a round putter grip as does Best Grips. Like I said I have tried many grips in the last couple of years with my hands and today the round grips felt the best. Will wait and see how this works out. Also bent up an old Mac Nicklaus 271 that I have had for years--- I had never messed with it because it had an original leather wrap grip and I flat refuse to take one of those off in good shape. So now I have plenty of options. Now I have sworn off all Anser styled or modern putters for now anyhow

>

> Welcome aboard the round putter grip wagon. I've been playing round grips for awhile from when I gamed a hickory putter, through my current MacGregor Jackie Pung and Hogan Princess. I would not regrip the mint leather grip on the mac, nor would I touch the original BH sunburst grip on the Princess. I really think the round grip on the Calamity putter is the ultimate feel putter. You can watch the face open, close and release, and really boil it down to getting a flat piece of metal 90 degrees to target line. (And as a bonus, with that kind of putter, the left-handed 50yard punch-out shot is a go... In fact I have probably hit more full-swing putters than any other type of trouble shot!

>

> Reminds me at some point I need to reshaft that hickory putter.

>

> Lastly, who decided an anser putter was a blade? My putter is a blade, a bullseye is a blade, an 8802 is kind of a blade. An anser, for my money looks more like a mallet than 'mallet putters', most of which fall into my classification of 'shaped metal brick on a stick'...

LOL I have been in that argument more than one time here and on another golf site I go on. I do not give two hoots what Crossfield or any of those other know it alls say. An Anser or any toe heel balanced putter is NOT a blade. On that left handed shot I do quite well with either a blade 5 iron or a 56* wedge turned on it's toe but now that you mentioned it I am going to try it with the Penna putter

• 3 weeks later...

In the spirit of random pronouncements, I hereby announce that Bar Keepers Friend cleaning powder really does clean golf club heads and steel shafts. I bought a can today and did all my grubby irons and wedges, removing rust and grubbiness. All of them showed great improvement but the frog living in the grooves of my 9 iron wasn't impressed.

• Like 1

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

When you go play golf, do you do certain things the same way every time? Be honest....tees always in the same pocket, don't play certain number golf balls, etc.? Do you do these things simply because they are habits that help you stay organized, or do you do them because you are superstitious and you dread something may go wrong if you don't follow your routine? Asking because I'm trying to figure out if I'm a total basket case because I always.....

1. Only play with white tees and tees always go in the front left pocket along with a second ball so that I don't have to go back to the bag if I need to take a drop.

2. Repair tool and 2 ball markers always go in front right pocket. Only use tokens for ballmarkers (car wash, arcade, etc.) and never use currency.

3. Back right pocket always has a hanky for obvious purposes and doubles as a wind speed and direction checking device.

4. Back left pocket is always empty to accommodate glove when putting.

5. In the summer, always reapply sunscreen at the turn. Try to always remember and apply chapstick whenever I reach a par 3 hole.

6. I never let myself lose more than 2 new balls during a round. When number 2 gets lost, I dig in the bag for the best looking used one I can find to finish my round with.

Feel free to add your own quirky things you do. Interested to hear opinions and what others do.

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

> @"Nomad Golfer" said:

> In the spirit of random pronouncements, I hereby announce that Bar Keepers Friend cleaning powder really does clean golf club heads and steel shafts. I bought a can today and did all my grubby irons and wedges, removing rust and grubbiness. All of them showed great improvement but the frog living in the grooves of my 9 iron wasn't impressed.

I use the Bar Keeps Friend liquid and it is fantastic for shafts and iron heads. Been around forever and still the best.

> @Bigarch said:

> When you go play golf, do you do certain things the same way every time? Be honest....tees always in the same pocket, don't play certain number golf balls, etc.? Do you do these things simply because they are habits that help you stay organized, or do you do them because you are superstitious and you dread something may go wrong if you don't follow your routine? Asking because I'm trying to figure out if I'm a total basket case because I always.....

>

> 1. Only play with white tees and tees always go in the front left pocket along with a second ball so that I don't have to go back to the bag if I need to take a drop.

> 2. Repair tool and 2 ball markers always go in front right pocket. Only use tokens for ballmarkers (car wash, arcade, etc.) and never use currency.

> 3. Back right pocket always has a hanky for obvious purposes and doubles as a wind speed and direction checking device.

> 4. Back left pocket is always empty to accommodate glove when putting.

> 5. In the summer, always reapply sunscreen at the turn. Try to always remember and apply chapstick whenever I reach a par 3 hole.

> 6. I never let myself lose more than 2 new balls during a round. When number 2 gets lost, I dig in the bag for the best looking used one I can find to finish my round with.

> Feel free to add your own quirky things you do. Interested to hear opinions and what others do.

This should be its own thread. I'd gladly comment on what crazy shit I do.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Bigarch said:

> When you go play golf, do you do certain things the same way every time? Be honest....tees always in the same pocket, don't play certain number golf balls, etc.? Do you do these things simply because they are habits that help you stay organized, or do you do them because you are superstitious and you dread something may go wrong if you don't follow your routine? Asking because I'm trying to figure out if I'm a total basket case because I always.....

>

> 1. Only play with white tees and tees always go in the front left pocket along with a second ball so that I don't have to go back to the bag if I need to take a drop.

> 2. Repair tool and 2 ball markers always go in front right pocket. Only use tokens for ballmarkers (car wash, arcade, etc.) and never use currency.

> 3. Back right pocket always has a hanky for obvious purposes and doubles as a wind speed and direction checking device.

> 5. In the summer, always reapply sunscreen at the turn. Try to always remember and apply chapstick whenever I reach a par 3 hole.

> 6. I never let myself lose more than 2 new balls during a round. When number 2 gets lost, I dig in the bag for the best looking used one I can find to finish my round with.

> Feel free to add your own quirky things you do. Interested to hear opinions and what others do.

Naah have never done any of those things. Now I can see where #5 could be a good thing if you burn easy or if your lips get dry easy or are chapped. I guess the only thing quirky about me is my game itself. Now my wife will tell you I change golf bags more than a woman changes pocketbooks. Which is true. After a couple of weeks I get tired of a bag and swap out because I have so many bags. I also have full sets made up in the shop and front bedroom. I am talking balls ,tees gloves and all--- grab and go. Sometimes on Saturday morning I do not decide until I leave to play

> @Philomathesq said:

> So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

Hmmm! TMI for me ---- I could care less in this case---- A Stu Stat--- More than likely the people that did this study went to college for 4 years and do not have enough common sense to get out of a hail storm---- As my old man used to say " The Perils of Over Education"

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

>

> Hmmm! TMI for me ---- I could care less in this case---- A Stu Stat--- More than likely the people that did this study went to college for 4 years and do not have enough common sense to get out of a hail storm---- As my old man used to say " The Perils of Over Education"

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

>

> Hmmm! TMI for me ---- I could care less in this case---- A Stu Stat--- More than likely the people that did this study went to college for 4 years and do not have enough common sense to get out of a hail storm---- As my old man used to say " The Perils of Over Education"

Probably got a federal grant for the study.

> @Philomathesq said:

> So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

That's weird. The wife and I just swap underwear at the end of each day to avoid that situation.

Two days in the same underwear is just gross.

> @"Nomad Golfer" said:

> Did a weird thing today (no not that weird thing). I'm a natural right-hander who bats at cricket as a lefty, plays tennis and tabletennis with the right, plays golf right-handed. drinks beer right and left-handed etc. A lot of problem with my golf is the right hand overpowering the left hand, not an uncommon problem I hear. So to build up confidence with the leading arm/hand I reverse my grip to a left-hander. A thousand practice swings later and my left arm/hand still hasn't got the message, well maybe a word or two. So I took a calm swing at a ball (vintage 4 wood) with the reverse grip and couldn't believe the result. It didn't clear the planet but it did go high'ish and straight as an arrow (more Robin in the Hood arrow than John Travolta in Broken Arrow). 50 balls later with different clubs and I was still hitting them cleanly off the deck with medium distance. This is a big breakthru for me and a millennium leap compared to the usual fumbling mishits I experience away from the tee, so what can I take from this? I've proved that the leading arm has a large influence on the swing - has anyone else done it this way? would someone please try it and post results back in here? and to paraphrase Donkey in Shrek "Are we there yet?".

I knew a bloke who played cack-handed years ago. Played off low single figures on the UK handicap system. I think it may have been because he was fighting a hook. I remember playing a round with him, and his bad shot was definitely a hook (with Ping Eye2 woods. He had a full bag of them, with the white Ping staff bag. Funny the things one remembers).

Anyway, funny you mention cricket. I played cricket for a number of years (ever since I can remember to about 18) as a right hander, and when I took up golf I found my right hand caused problems in my golf swing as I would try to "heave" the ball like I was hitting a long drive.

> @gsea33 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

> >

> > Hmmm! TMI for me ---- I could care less in this case---- A Stu Stat--- More than likely the people that did this study went to college for 4 years and do not have enough common sense to get out of a hail storm---- As my old man used to say " The Perils of Over Education"

>

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > So, I'm sitting in my office typing away on a motion and I have SiriusXM on some station listening to music. Between songs just now the DJ read the results of some nationwide study about the underwear changing habits of Americans. Evidently, 45% of Americans wear the same pair of underwear for two or more days, and a whopping 14% wear the same pair for at least a week. WTF, people?!?

> >

> > Hmmm! TMI for me ---- I could care less in this case---- A Stu Stat--- More than likely the people that did this study went to college for 4 years and do not have enough common sense to get out of a hail storm---- As my old man used to say " The Perils of Over Education"

>

> Probably got a federal grant for the study.

Thanks!!! That part slipped my mind yep I would bet a crisp new $100 bill that is true

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

>

> That's weird. The wife and I just swap underwear at the end of each day to avoid that situation.

> Two days in the same underwear is just gross.

>

>

>

TMI there old buddy TMI

> @Bigarch said:

>

Sounds a bit like Melvin Udall in "As good as it gets" but if it makes you play better then all kudos to you. Helen Hunt always does a good wet T-shirt scene, however I digress and I can never find anything in my pockets because the course is littered with lost tees, ball markers and where did my waterbottle get to?

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @"Nomad Golfer" said:

> > Did a weird thing today (no not that weird thing). I'm a natural right-hander who bats at cricket as a lefty, plays tennis and tabletennis with the right, plays golf right-handed. drinks beer right and left-handed etc. A lot of problem with my golf is the right hand overpowering the left hand, not an uncommon problem I hear. So to build up confidence with the leading arm/hand I reverse my grip to a left-hander. A thousand practice swings later and my left arm/hand still hasn't got the message, well maybe a word or two. So I took a calm swing at a ball (vintage 4 wood) with the reverse grip and couldn't believe the result. It didn't clear the planet but it did go high'ish and straight as an arrow (more Robin in the Hood arrow than John Travolta in Broken Arrow). 50 balls later with different clubs and I was still hitting them cleanly off the deck with medium distance. This is a big breakthru for me and a millennium leap compared to the usual fumbling mishits I experience away from the tee, so what can I take from this? I've proved that the leading arm has a large influence on the swing - has anyone else done it this way? would someone please try it and post results back in here? and to paraphrase Donkey in Shrek "Are we there yet?".

>

> I knew a bloke who played cack-handed years ago. Played off low single figures on the UK handicap system. I think it may have been because he was fighting a hook. I remember playing a round with him, and his bad shot was definitely a hook (with Ping Eye2 woods. He had a full bag of them, with the white Ping staff bag. Funny the things one remembers).

> Anyway, funny you mention cricket. I played cricket for a number of years (ever since I can remember to about 18) as a right hander, and when I took up golf I found my right hand caused problems in my golf swing as I would try to "heave" the ball like I was hitting a long drive.

>

There was a kid on The Big Break a few years back from Charlotte that played cross handed. That is one of the few times I watched that show. From my sources in Charlotte they said he was a mediocre hustler and a decent player. I know he did not win that Big Break and I have heard nothing about him since. That brought back memories. There was this one old guy in my old man's circle of hustlers that played crosshanded. Not a good player but a hustler--- In other words he had the match handicapped and had it won before he teed off or he did not play. My memory is also sharp this morning I remember he played a set of 53 Tournament Model Spaldings and Macgregor woods. he was a decent putter though and putted with a rusty Hickory shafted Calamity Jane style putter