Chamblee/Tiger Woods controversy (merged)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382670782' post='8054865']
The reason this thread is 40 pages is because some people don't want to admit Tiger cheated at TPC. And, or,, some people think cheating is o.k.; that Tiger should not be criticized for it.
[/quote]
Wrong. It's because some people make their own interpretation of the rules in order to try to convince people he cheated. Like you. That's what you do. Don't you find it odd that those who deliberately fool with the rules in order to make it seem like someone else is fooling with the rules don't see the irony of their actions?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

The reason this thread is 40 pages is because some people don't want to admit Tiger cheated at TPC. And, or,, some people think cheating is o.k.; that Tiger should not be criticized for it.
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with admitting anything .. i just disagree with what you say and it would not be the first time or last time that there is a disagreement where a ball last crossed a hazard margin and im not trying to be a hard head but if there was absolute proof /evidence of Tiger actually cheating and not someone on a talkshow or forum opinion , why would he not be officially be called out or sanctioned by the PGA tour ruling bodies ? ....

it could be said on a forum that he cheated all day but did it actually happen ?? im not trying to be a smart a** .. just asking a question on why on a official capacity why if Tiger did cheat why is not his balls getting busted ?

[quote name='HAWKEYE77' timestamp='1382673370' post='8055035']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1382672637' post='8054993']
O.o
-----
[/quote]

I'm whimsical, not tough.
[/quote]

Sorry, I was responding to the 'mushroom' comment. I actually enjoy your posts.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Where a ball crosses the line of a hazard is the decision of the player. Even if Rules officials were on site, standing at the edge of the hazard, It is the player's call as to where he drops.
For example, on 11 at the Masters a rules official directed Vijay where to drop (in front of the water , but Vijay chose instead to cheat (and dropped along side the green where he could putt the ball). Cheaters are aware that point-of-entry is the decision of the player, so it's an area where they may violate the Rules without penalty of strokes or disqualification.

[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1382673550' post='8055053']

It has nothing to do with admitting anything .. i just disagree with what you say and it would not be the first time or last time that there is a disagreement where a ball last crossed a hazard margin and im not trying to be a hard head but if there was absolute proof /evidence of Tiger actually cheating and not someone on a talkshow or forum opinion , why would he not be officially be called out or sanctioned by the PGA tour ruling bodies ? ....

it could be said on a forum that he cheated all day but did it actually happen ?? im not trying to be a smart a** .. just asking a question on why on a official capacity why if Tiger did cheat why is not his balls getting busted ?
[/quote]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382675725' post='8055173']
Where a ball crosses the line of a hazard is the decision of the player. Even if Rules officials were on site, standing at the edge of the hazard, It is the player's call as to where he drops.
For example, on 11 at the Masters a rules official directed Vijay where to drop (in front of the water , but Vijay chose instead to cheat (and dropped along side the green where he could putt the ball). [b]Cheaters are aware that point-of-entry is the decision of the player, so it's an area where they may violate the Rules without penalty of strokes or disqualification.[/b]

[quote name='OldGolfer87' timestamp='1382673550' post='8055053']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Square, you either don't have a clue or you are a troll. I believe that you are both.....

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='Ty_Webb' timestamp='1382658651' post='8053823']

He did. It was on the 11th hole in I think 2004 when Phil won his first. He hit it deep in the woods and was in amongst some old branches. He claimed that it was piled for removal (I can just imagine the Augusta green staff saying "oh yeah, we'll move that next week once the Masters is over"). The first two rules officials disagreed and he was en route to making a BIG number. The third one agreed with him and gave him the drop (ridiculous IMO). I too am glad that Phil won that one.
[/quote]

Ok maybe to refresh this,,Ball goes into the Woods, Ernie goes in there with his Caddie and Camera man follows them. Ernie tires to remove branches Ball moves, Ernie calls for a ruling ( I assumed at the time to be given advise on how to continue ) If he had been able to move the branches without the ball moving I doubt he would even have asked for a ruling In the next 15 minutes about half of ANGC were in there giving their verdict, Ernie drops ( I assumed under penalty ) only to find out later it was a free drop, No he didnt cheat , he got a ruling, He knew it was a bad ruling and to be honest I think it played on him, I would have been happy with anyone else in the field winning after that .

[quote name='tstephen' timestamp='1382671352' post='8054929']

Tiger is ok with it because he turned away from the TPC tee shot before splashdown and maybe it was a lopsided ball and sliced back over land before duck hooking back into the MIDDLE of the lake and maybe Casey & his caddy had just eaten some wild mushrooms they found on the 11th hole and were hallucinating.
[/quote]

It seems to me that you should take responsibility for watching where your ball crosses a hazard line. If you are not sure you replay the tee shot.

For example, on 11 at the Masters a rules official directed Vijay where to drop (in front of the water , but Vijay chose instead to cheat (and dropped along side the green where he could putt the ball). Cheaters are aware that point-of-entry is the decision of the player, so it's an area where they may violate the Rules without penalty of strokes or disqualification.

[/quote]
Don't think so I remember an instance at Doral not that many years ago on the 18th, where a player went into the hazard and the players agreed where the drop should take place, ( they thought it had came back into the hazard from the other side ) TV showed that in fact it never carried over the lake and if I remember correctly there was a DSQ for a wrong drop . Maybe somebody remembers ? If I am marking your card and I don't agree then my name will not be signed

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1382685619' post='8055387']
Don't think so I remember an instance at Doral not that many years ago on the 18th, where a player went into the hazard and the players agreed where the drop should take place, ( they thought it had came back into the hazard from the other side ) TV showed that in fact it never carried over the lake and if I remember correctly there was a DSQ for a wrong drop . Maybe somebody remembers ? If I am marking your card and I don't agree then my name will not be signed
[/quote]

He still for some reason has this in his head. It's pretty obvious that he does not get the concept of how it all works. He was trying to state the same thing 10 pages ago. Just giving you a heads up, so you do not woory about it much because I don't think anything you try to say is going to change that.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

For example, on 11 at the Masters a rules official directed Vijay where to drop (in front of the water , but Vijay chose instead to cheat (and dropped along side the green where he could putt the ball).
[/quote]

Vijay didn't drop where he could putt. He hit a wonderful little pitch shot and went on to win. He dropped where he wouldn't have to hit across the pond as he would if he went to the drop area. That pond is a yellow hazard, so the point where the ball last crossed had to remain between he and the hole. He could have putted...and then dropped again.

[/quote]

No, because you trollishly post the exact same thing every three pages. What's the point?

Repeatedly calling players "cheaters", when it didn't happen is pretty low.

[quote name='HAWKEYE77' timestamp='1382703783' post='8055763']
[/quote]

No, because you trollishly post the exact same thing every three pages. What's the point?

[/quote]

Every year a poll is taken and this year 38% of caddies have seen their player cheat at one time or another.

[quote name='HAWKEYE77' timestamp='1382703783' post='8055763']

[/quote]What does "trolling" mean anyway? I seriously don't know but have seen it said alot

[quote name='A.G.Blade' timestamp='1382705473' post='8055859']
What does "trolling" mean anyway? I seriously don't know but have seen it said alot
[/quote]

Sounds like something Sheldon Cooper Phd would come up with and it bugs me too. Actually I was incorrect with the 38% that was players this year(38% of the players saying cheating is going on in tour events) and the poll with the caddies was in 2011 where over 50% had seen their players cheat.

[quote name='tstephen' timestamp='1382705418' post='8055853']

Every year a poll is taken and this year 38% of caddies have seen their player cheat at one time or another.
[/quote]

Even if this stat is true, taken literally it's misleading. Once you have ever in your life seen your player cheat, you would for the rest of your life answer "yes" to this question, even if the "one time or another" was 1950 in a member/guest. The percentage can only go up until the questioned caddie base erodes. What was the actual wording of the question?

[quote name='Sawgrass' timestamp='1382706962' post='8055933']

Even if this stat is true, taken literally it's misleading. Once you have ever in your life seen your player cheat, you would for the rest of your life answer "yes" to this question, even if the "one time or another" was 1950 in a member/guest. The percentage can only go up until the questioned caddie base erodes. What was the actual wording of the question?
[/quote]

And since some caddies caddy for more than one player, and the same player will have had more than one caddy, one cheating player could be responsible for many positives. In fact, if the poll were 100% accurate, then that percentage would be the very highest percentage possible, and that number would only be possible if every caddy witnessed a different player cheating.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

[What does "trolling" mean anyway? I seriously don't know but have seen it said alot
[/quote]

"In Internet slang, a[b] troll [/b]is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

*from wikipedia*

[quote name='klbrown514' timestamp='1382709147' post='8056035']

"In Internet slang, a[b] troll [/b]is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

*from wikipedia*
[/quote]Ah Ha! Thank you. So this place is Troll City!?!?

if a viewpoint is different from yours it is common practice to label that poster a "troll'.

What does "trolling" mean anyway? I seriously don't know but have seen it said alot
[/quote]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[quote name='A.G.Blade' timestamp='1382709321' post='8056051']
Ah Ha! Thank you. So this place is Troll City!?!?
[/quote]

not always. but if it's a tiger/taylormade/jeans/staff bag/blades/walking thread, then yes.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='kellygreen' timestamp='1382653379' post='8053311']

You fixed nothing.

Evidence, please?

Or do you just plain to hide behind internet anoymity and our very lax libel laws where public figures are concerned?
[/quote]

Can you prove he didn't?

I can't wait until it comes out that he did. I wonder what y'all will think then.

As I said, I have experience in the matter, and I have zero doubt in my mind that he did. Of course I can't prove that any more than you can prove he didn't, but I the evedence points my way for sure.