2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Chamblee/Tiger Woods controversy (merged)

[quote name='Body_Visions' timestamp='1382718372' post='8056837']
Can you prove he didn't?

I can't wait until it comes out that he did. I wonder what y'all will think then.

As I said, I have experience in the matter, and I have zero doubt in my mind that he did. Of course I can't prove that any more than you can prove he didn't, but I the evedence points my way for sure.
[/quote]

i would love to hear what your 'evedence' is and your experience/qualifications. please, enlighten us.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1382718577' post='8056851']

i would love to hear what your 'evedence' is and your experience/qualifications. please, enlighten us.
[/quote]

That is very simple. The way his physique changed almost overnight. He went from being a skinny guy, to someone that was talked about as having the size of an NFL player, at least that is what some said.

When the talk of testing started, he lost most of that size.

I know that is not enough for you, so maybe you should think about his association with at least one shady doctor.

Some even say one of his injuries was to allow him to clean his system out.

[quote name='Body_Visions' timestamp='1382719182' post='8056889']

That is very simple. The way his physique changed almost overnight. He went from being a skinny guy, to someone that was talked about as having the size of an NFL player, at least [b]that is what some said[/b].

[b]When the talk of testing started, he lost most of that size.[/b]

I know that is not enough for you, so maybe you should think about [b]his association[/b] with at least one shady doctor.

[b]Some even say[/b] one of his injuries was to allow him to clean his system out.
[/quote]

thanks for the 'evedence' body_visions!! you certainly do know what you're talking about. with all the certainties you've presented here, my mind has been changed.

in all seriousness, i think you've helped clear up one thing: the definition of a troll.
welcome to the land of 'IGNORE.'

have a nice day!

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1382719520' post='8056915']

thanks for the 'evedence' body_visions!! you certainly do know what you're talking about. with all the certainties you've presented here, my mind has been changed.

in all seriousness, i think you've helped clear up one thing: the definition of a troll.
[b]welcome to the land of 'IGNORE.'[/b]

have a nice day!
[/quote]

Please don't do that. I will be heartbroken and probably won't sleep for a week!!

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382709775' post='8056081']
if a viewpoint is different from yours it is common practice to label that poster a "troll'.

[/quote]

Or, as in this case, when it actually happens.

Back to the topic, it sure seems like Brandel may have felt some heat from GC.

Expect him to damn Tiger with some faint praise if he gets an opportunity.

Can you prove he didn't?

I can't wait until it comes out that he did. I wonder what y'all will think then.

As I said, I have experience in the matter, and I have zero doubt in my mind that he did. Of course I can't prove that any more than you can prove he didn't, but I the evedence points my way for sure.
[/quote]

Guilty until proven innocent. That's perfectly logical.

And I'll guarantee you know nothing about Tiger's situation.

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1382719520' post='8056915']

welcome to the land of 'IGNORE.'

have a nice day!
[/quote]
I think we should all welcome him to the land of ignore. he can share his ummm....evidence with.....himself.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

The cheating at TPC opens the door to questions about Tiger's past. For example, as you suggest, the year 2000 or so physique transformation. Also, if as previously reported, Tiger has used Ambien sleep drug, I wonder if that medication somehow calmed his nerves while playing golf ? It's a legitimate question. Anyway, for the integrity of the game i am hopeful that Niickalus' record of 18 major victories remains unmatched.

[quote name='Body_Visions' timestamp='1382720583' post='8057001']

Please don't do that. I will be heartbroken and probably won't sleep for a week!!
[/quote]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

For the people that truly believe he has taken peds must have never lifted a weight, eaten clean and worked out in their lives. He went from a 16 old scrawny 140 pound kid to a 36 year old 190 pund monster in 20 years. Loads of steroids for years im sure. If you actually apply yourself you can realistically gain about a pound of muscle per week. Eat lots of protein about 1 and 1/2 grams of proteins and carbs per pound each day cleanly and get plenty of rest and work your butt off and voila results. Eat like a horse sleep like a baby and grow like a weed. Also steroids don't make muscle, they repair the tissue.

Not all who wander are lost.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
Taylormade M1 5 wood speeder S
Cobra amp cell pro 3-pw X100
Cobra Tour Trusty 53-58 X100
T.P Mills RS

Can you prove he didn't?

[/quote]

Absolutely, classic.

"[i]When did you stop beating your wife??"[/i]

Trying to put someone in the position of having to "prove a negative" is one of the oldest smear tactics in the McCarthyism book.

Read my lips.

YOU made the accusation. So any burden of proof is on YOU to demonstrate that he did.

Not on me to prove that he didn't.

As for the rest, you clearly have[i][b] NOTHING [/b][/i]but a bad attitude and innuendo. Otherwise you'd step up and produce it.

[i]"I've got a list of 72 Communists....."[/i]

PIng G25 8.5/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping Rapture 13*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping G25 19*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping S55 (3-PW)/ PX 6.5
Ping Tour Gorge 54* and 60*
Odyssey 2-ball Versa, 34"

Tiger got huge in about 18 months time, not "20 years".

[quote name='jayman2982' timestamp='1382725879' post='8057519']
For the people that truly believe he has taken peds must have never lifted a weight, eaten clean and worked out in their lives. He went from a 16 old scrawny 140 pound kid to a 36 year old 190 pund monster in 20 years. Loads of steroids for years im sure. If you actually apply yourself you can realistically gain about a pound of muscle per week. Eat lots of protein about 1 and 1/2 grams of proteins and carbs per pound each day cleanly and get plenty of rest and work your butt off and voila results. Eat like a horse sleep like a baby and grow like a weed. Also steroids don't make muscle, they repair the tissue.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I spent five years lifting heavy every other day. I did it to lose weight. I didn't. I went from a 175lb softie to 192lbs of solid muscle. My body was completely transformed....huge upper body, small waist, powerful lower body. All of this happened within the first year.
Never touched anything to enhance my growth except the weights and lot's of spaghetti with meat sauce.
Some peoples' bodies respond quickly and dramatically to weight training stimulii. Some don't. Mine certainly did and I believe that Woods body does too. And I don't believe he needed any help from any kind of PED to get to where he once was.
But, If you have to make sh*t up about Woods, it's a good place to start. Can't be disproven and gets the attention of those gullible enough to take the hook.

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382726709' post='8057583']
Tiger got huge in about 18 months time, not "20 years".

[/quote]
This shows that you know very little about training with weights,that's all. An 18 month time frame tells me that he took his time and did it right. Not that he used PEDs in that time frame.

It's pretty disappointing with all the locked threads that have gone before, with all the same baseless stuff about PEDs, that this gets thrown out there yet again. No evidence, nothing that even approaches evidence, and those that throw out the allegation know they really know nothing about it - just "eyeballing" Tiger and making things up.

Nothing there.

At least with his personal life there was something there, BUT we are several years past that, and it was never any of our business, anyway.

The continued nonsense just makes some of us who weren't real big Tiger fans want to defend him against people with irrational agendas and way too much interest in someone else's private life.

Looking at pics from 97 masters to 2002 is really not that big of a change. Tiger is no Jay Cutler(not the nfl player the Mr. Olympia). Your looking at a just in puberty child to a young 22 year old man. Rory is in the workings of the same transition. Is he on steroids too. I think not. Ha

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
T.P Mills RS

This is where this thread has had to resort to? Roids?!? Really?!? Ha!

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I know its my fault. I am sorry. Its irks me when people resort to the steroids must have been used answer. I work my a$$ off 5 days a week and know what it takes to do things right way. It truly is the most ignorant people that say hes on peds and I know I shouldn't give them one iota of my time and energy but I have nothing better to do today. Now back to him being a golf cheat.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
T.P Mills RS

i never wrote that "Tiger used steroids". I just answered the previous poster's claim that the dramatic change to Tiger's physique took twenty years.
Actually, considering the mental side of high level golf, i expect steroids may be a disadvantage rather than an advantage.
More interesting to me is the reported use of the sleep medication Ambien. If that drug has the effect of calming nerves, well.......

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1382727186' post='8057611']

This shows that you know very little about training with weights,that's all. An 18 month time frame tells me that he took his time and did it right. Not that he used PEDs in that time frame.
[/quote]

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1382727350' post='8057627']
nbg no bacon involved? I'm impressed!
[/quote]
Bacon? Of course there was bacon. Canadian bacon!
Want some?

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382728222' post='8057681']
i never wrote that "Tiger used steroids". I just answered the previous poster's claim that the dramatic change to Tiger's physique took twenty years.
Actually, considering the mental side of high level golf, i expect steroids may be a disadvantage rather than an advantage.
More interesting to me is the reported use of the sleep medication Ambien. If that drug has the effect of calming nerves, well.......

[/quote]
Boy you just never quit. Well I know how to deal with trolls. Off to the land of ignore with you!!!!!!

[/quote]

Have you ever used ambien? I have and it's an incredibly powerful sleep aid. I doubt ANYONE would be taking that to "calm their nerves".

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1382576673' post='8048853']
ly. [b]All men have something they don't want something to be shown in the light.[/b] [u]Whoever says they don't is a liar.[/u] Because someone isn't old enough to know their indiscretions, doesn't mean it isn't an indiscretion. Tiger's place in golf is set. I can move past his indiscretions and look at his accomplishments. I don't root against anyone and people can do as they wish. But if we're going to be consistent, let's line up every pro athlete at the pinnacle of their sports such as Michael Jordan for example, and not judge them for what they do in their profession, but how they conduct their personal affairs. Then if they don't live according to our belief system, we wish ill on them.
[/quote]

The bold line and the underlined sentence are assumptions, which can be based on one's life, and maybe naive at that. I am proud to say I have encountered and known a number of "Boy Scouts" over my life. Sadly, too many are no longer above ground, others still doing what's right and good, accepting the responsibility of living by example.

Everybody makes mistakes, but not all mistakes are equal. Not everyone makes moral mistakes that dramatically destroy the lives of loved ones and good friends, much less in the public eye. You're right.. Tigers place in golf is set, but along with that sets his behavior. Fans can easily forgive and forget, as they don't care. But that won't be the case for his loved ones. The children will hit that stride long about adolescents. So, what was yesterday and thought left behind will resurface with a vengeance.

Sadly, Jordan and way to many other professional athletes think any behavior is forgiven or overlooked because of performance. Honestly, I judge man from his behaivor and actions, not his profession or performance and only to the extent of simply not paying any attention to them. Whether I agree with one's behavior or not, one thing I don't do is wish ill will on anyone. Have a good day!

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='square' timestamp='1382726709' post='8057583']
[b]Tiger got huge in about 18 months time, not "20 years".[/b]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Exactly!

Again, I said I have nothing to prove my opinion, just like those that say he didn't use.

I do have plenty of years around gyms and users. Trust me, it is easy to spot, no different than most of us here can spot a pretty good golfer before he takes the club back. Of course, because I am a [i]hater[/i], no one here will accept that, although it is only my opinion as stated.

His body type was certainly not what anyone would consider the ideal type to gain lean muscle. He was long and lanky, great for golf, but not building muscle. And he did it very quickly as mentioned above.

Some here have brought up gaining lean muscle and losing fat. Yes, that is very possible for someone that [u]hasn't[/u] worked out before. That is certainly not the case with him.

Let's take a look at the current Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath. Unlike the already mentioned Jay Cutler, who was always going to be a "big" guy, Heath was a basketball player in college. He did not get to be Mr. Olympia because he had the genetic gifts to do so, other than small joints and full muscle bellies, he got there because he is a tremendous responder.

I probably won't respond to the issue again, because it is off topic and I don't want to get this thread locked. It is too much fun!

I have never used Ambien, or any other sleep medication. But I am curious to know whether someone taking Ambien , feels some residual effects of the drug the next day?

[quote name='sefus12' timestamp='1382730338' post='8057857']

[/quote]

Have you ever used ambien? I have and it's an incredibly powerful sleep aid. I doubt ANYONE would be taking that to "calm their nerves".
[/quote]

Exactly!

Again, I said I have nothing to prove my opinion, just like those that say he didn't use.

I do have plenty of years around gyms and users. Trust me, it is easy to spot, no different than most of us here can spot a pretty good golfer before he takes the club back. Of course, because I am a hater, no one here will accept that, although it is only my opinion as stated.

His body type was certainly not what anyone would consider the ideal type to gain lean muscle. He was long and lanky, great for golf, but not building muscle. And he did it very quickly as mentioned above.

Some here have brought up gaining lean muscle and losing fat. Yes, that is very possible for someone that hasn't worked out before. That is certainly not the case with him.

Let's take a look at the current Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath. Unlike the already mentioned Jay Cutler, who was always going to be a "big" guy, Heath was a basketball player in college. He did not get to be Mr. Olympia because he had the genetic gifts to do so, other than small joints and full muscle bellies, he got there because he is a tremendous responder.

I probably won't respond to the issue again, because it is off topic and I don't want to get this thread locked. It is too much fun!

TW was never "big". That is why few people can understand your reasoning here.

This guy just looks like a guy in very good shape

Tiger-Woods.jpg