2014 Taylormade TP CB, MC & MB Pics (American release photos and spec sheets)

MorikawaTMAG

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1390658135' post='8528993']
[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390657850' post='8528951']
[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1390616589' post='8527143']
[quote name='bidenn' timestamp='1390611587' post='8526685']
Anyone else having trouble accessing custom options on taylormades website? I'm trying to order my iron setup but I can't get custom options to work, which is really weird cause it worked earlier this week
[/quote]yep. They're down until February 2nd I believe. Which makes no sense to me at all. This is not a joke, but I was ready to place my order for a SLDR hybrid and TP CB's but because I wasn't able to choose custom options I went out in search of things to hit and fell in love with i25's and they will now be ordered this week.
[/quote]

I was really bummed by this too because I've been waiting for the local TM Performance Lab to get the fitting heads in and they finally did this week. So I go in, do my fitting and find my specs hoping to place my order yesterday so I can have the clubs for my trip in two weeks. If I'm lucky I will have the clubs by the time I get back. Very disappointed that they would unveil this new line and then leave the people that want them hanging.
[/quote]

You both do you realize there are multiple outlets to order from besides the shopping cart option on the website? You can call them direct, you could contact them through email, or you could even place a custom order through a retailer like GS or PGASS. The website going down is really going to make you completely change your $1000+ purchase? Smh...
[/quote]

Custom TM orders coming from ANYWHERE are delayed, not just the website. I will give you my specs and you can phone in my order. Let me know how it goes and when I can expect them. Fact checking beforehand wouldn't leave you "smh"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first go around with my CB/MC combo set. Couple observations...1) I didn't notice any huge difference in feel between the 7MC (cast) and 8MC (forged), 2) the CB's really surprised me by how good they felt relative to the MC's, and 3) I didn't notice any weird gaps among the 6CB (185), 7MC (170), and 8MC (155), and that's with stock lofts.

So now I'm torn....I feel like I could handle this set as a single digit capper, but the Speedblades I have are a lot more effortless....the ball just goes. I guess the question is whether the improvement in feel over the SB's is worth the hassle of dealing with mishits on the TP's? The CB's might actually be a better option for me as a complete set, I think. Decisions, decisions...

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1390671318' post='8529987']
Had my first go around with my CB/MC combo set. Couple observations...1) I didn't notice any huge difference in feel between the 7MC (cast) and 8MC (forged), 2) the CB's really surprised me by how good they felt relative to the MC's, and 3) I didn't notice any weird gaps among the 6CB (185), 7MC (170), and 8MC (155), and that's with stock lofts.

So now I'm torn....I feel like I could handle this set as a single digit capper, but the Speedblades I have are a lot more effortless....the ball just goes. I guess the question is whether the improvement in feel over the SB's is worth the hassle of dealing with mishits on the TP's? The CB's might actually be a better option for me as a complete set, I think. Decisions, decisions...
[/quote]

why not keep the SB in the long irons to say 6 or 7i, then get the CB or MC from 7 or 8-P?
or would they flow funny?
cause the CB to MC dont, they are awesome in that regards

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1390658135' post='8528993']
[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390657850' post='8528951']
[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1390616589' post='8527143']
[quote name='bidenn' timestamp='1390611587' post='8526685']
Anyone else having trouble accessing custom options on taylormades website? I'm trying to order my iron setup but I can't get custom options to work, which is really weird cause it worked earlier this week
[/quote]yep. They're down until February 2nd I believe. Which makes no sense to me at all. This is not a joke, but I was ready to place my order for a SLDR hybrid and TP CB's but because I wasn't able to choose custom options I went out in search of things to hit and fell in love with i25's and they will now be ordered this week.
[/quote]

I was really bummed by this too because I've been waiting for the local TM Performance Lab to get the fitting heads in and they finally did this week. So I go in, do my fitting and find my specs hoping to place my order yesterday so I can have the clubs for my trip in two weeks. If I'm lucky I will have the clubs by the time I get back. Very disappointed that they would unveil this new line and then leave the people that want them hanging.
[/quote]

You both do you realize there are multiple outlets to order from besides the shopping cart option on the website? You can call them direct, you could contact them through email, or you could even place a custom order through a retailer like GS or PGASS. The website going down is really going to make you completely change your $1000+ purchase? Smh...
[/quote]you do realize that no custom orders placed between now and Feb 2nd will get placed until after the 2nd. So yes.

Changing...

[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1390673589' post='8530203']
you do realize that no custom orders placed between now and Feb 2nd will get placed until after the 2nd. So yes.
[/quote]

About 4 hours late for jumping on the bandwagon...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/880454-maydaygsxrs-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

posted mine in my WITB , but here they are for those of you who didnt see them

7 days from Cali to me in Canada - well done TM

CB 5-6 MC 7-P, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* up

DSC_0912_zps74cacd8a.jpg

DSC_0911_zps4832dad0.jpg

Those look awesome!

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

[quote name='MaydayGSXR' timestamp='1390675855' post='8530405']
you do realize that no custom orders placed between now and Feb 2nd will get placed until after the 2nd. So yes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like someone waited too long to place their order. They must be swamped with custom orders I'm guessing. I already placed my order so I wasn't inclined to call or email anyone else's custom order I was simply offering a possible solution to your issue. It was simply stated that custom orders weren't working on the website, and not that anyone had tried another means. Sorry you guys didn't get your orders in in time.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1390686218' post='8531535']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like someone waited too long to place their order. They must be swamped with custom orders I'm guessing. I already placed my order so I wasn't inclined to call or email anyone else's custom order I was simply offering a possible solution to your issue. It was simply stated that custom orders weren't working on the website, and not that anyone had tried another means. Sorry you guys didn't get your orders in in time.
[/quote]

LOL. Your not even going to admit your wrong. It was just a timing issue with TaylorMade updating there system. It had nothing to do with tmag "swimming in custom orders"

Really. Just get your facts straight. I didn't realize trips to Tmag would brainwash people....

[quote name='Rob G.' timestamp='1390691745' post='8532105']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. Your not even going to admit your wrong. It was just a timing issue with TaylorMade updating there system. It had nothing to do with tmag "swimming in custom orders"

Really. Just get your facts straight. I didn't realize trips to Tmag would brainwash people....
[/quote]

I was absolutely wrong, thought that was evident in what I said, but I guess not. I now have my facts straight sir, all is well in my brainwashed melon. Please proceed as usual

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went in for my fitting two days after the Lab received all of the fitting heads. By that time TM had already shut down their custom building operations. Not even the Performance Lab can get things during this time. Did I also wait too long? I've been planning to try them (and order if I liked them) since the day they were introduced. It only made sense to get properly fit beforehand, no?

Am I still going to order? Absolutely! Am I miffed that I won't be able to hit them outdoors now for another couple of months because of the delay? Absolutely! Do I think your chastising of others (not fortunate enough to go on a TM trip) is uncalled for? Absolutely!

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390692256' post='8532169']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went in for my fitting two days after the Lab received all of the fitting heads. By that time TM had already shut down their custom building operations. Not even the Performance Lab can get things during this time. Did I also wait too long? I've been planning to try them (and order if I liked them) since the day they were introduced. It only made sense to get properly fit beforehand, no?

Am I still going to order? Absolutely! Am I miffed that I won't be able to hit them outdoors now for another couple of months because of the delay? Absolutely! Do I think your chastising of others (not fortunate enough to go on a TM trip) is uncalled for? Absolutely!
[/quote]

It was not meant as chastisement it was meant as a joke. Unfortunately text doesn't convey emotion as well as we would like, and I apologize if you or anyone took it the wrong way. That's a bummer that you missed the boat on the custom orders. This whole back and forth was based off me not knowing they completely shut down their custom orders until Feb 2nd, I thought the website was just not working, my fault.

Good news boys and girls. Just for kicks I went on the TM site and see the customize button is back. Did the online chat thing and apparently they fixed the upgrading early and supposedly orders are now shipping right away. I will be placing my order now and will follow up if I experience any delays or issues.

[quote name='station2station' timestamp='1387921519' post='8344973']
I hit the MC's extensively yesterday at my retailer. The P, 9, 8 are forged. The 7-3 are cast. From address the STRONGLY resemble the good old R7 TP and Tour Preferred irons, which I liked a lot. (Pictured below)

There is a difference in feel, as there should be, between the forged and cast clubs inside the set. And I'm not a huge fan of the tiny slit that is the "pocket cavity" on the cast heads. Not a deal breaker but kids strange - not wide enough to get dirt out of, even with a toothpick.

But overall they felt like great golf clubs.
[/quote]

I had these 7 years ago, never should have sold them won 2 club championships with them. They were awesome

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1390693281' post='8532261']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was not meant as chastisement it was meant as a joke. Unfortunately text doesn't convey emotion as well as we would like, and I apologize if you or anyone took it the wrong way. That's a bummer that you missed the boat on the custom orders. This whole back and forth was based off me not knowing they completely shut down their custom orders until Feb 2nd, I thought the website was just not working, my fault.
[/quote]

All is well in the world, as things are back to normal and it sounds like I'm going to be playing my new combo set in two weeks instead of my throwback AP2s :taunt:

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390693664' post='8532311']
Good news boys and girls. Just for kicks I went on the TM site and see the customize button is back. Did the online chat thing and apparently they fixed the upgrading early and supposedly orders are now shipping right away. I will be placing my order now and will follow up if I experience any delays or issues.
[/quote]

Good news!

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390694061' post='8532359']
[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1390693281' post='8532261']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All is well in the world, as things are back to normal and it sounds like I'm going to be playing my new combo set in two weeks instead of my throwback AP2s :taunt:
[/quote]

You can play golf in Minneapolis this time of year?

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[/quote]That's great news, but they still do notcoffer the tour v shaft or C-Taper lites.

Changing...

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1390694494' post='8532403']
[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390694061' post='8532359']

[/quote]

You can play golf in Minneapolis this time of year?
[/quote]

No, but I hear Naples is nice.

[quote name='runpuddrun' timestamp='1390694778' post='8532439']
[/quote]That's great news, but they still do notcoffer the tour v shaft or C-Taper lites.
[/quote]

I talked to customer service yesterday and I was told that tour v will not be available anytime soon. Maybe that will change when the new wedges come out since I believe they will have tour v shafts

TM R9 460 TP 10.5* Matrix TP7HD X
                TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                TM TP 19* & 22* Rescue VooDoo S
                TM TP 2009 5-PW Project X 6.0
                WITB Link
                Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34"
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

I've gotta hand it to TaylorMade on this deal. It was three short days ago I was griping because ordering was down and I wasn't sure I was going to have my new set before I head south next week. Well, Saturday night I placed my order and ponied up the extra $20 for overnight shipping in hopes that maybe my irons would be built sometime this week or early next week and then sent out and received the next day. Late yesterday afternoon I get a message that my order had shipped. Excuse me? How did we go from backordered with an expected ship date of Feb. 20 being built within 1 business day of me placing my order. It's not like my set was standard specs either. It was a combo set of CB and MC, upright lies, overlength and tour issue X100 shafts.

Long story short, I am VERY impressed at both the turnaround time and the quality of the build. All irons are within a swingweight point of one another with most being a perfect D3 (a couple are D2.5 and the PW is D3.5). The only minor thing is I ordered 1/2" over standard and the spec sheet shows them being just that....1/2" over the Rocketbladez Tour standard 38" 5 iron. The new tour preferred line plays off a 37.75" 5 iron. If I need to cut 1/4" off each iron so be it. Easier to take a little off than to extend.

This was my first ever order direct from TM and I had my doubts (especially with the supposed shutdown through February 4th). I can't wait to get some time in with these on the Trackman before hitting the links in sunny FLA.

[quote name='winn0040' timestamp='1390971707' post='8556069']
I've gotta hand it to TaylorMade on this deal. It was three short days ago I was griping because ordering was down and I wasn't sure I was going to have my new set before I head south next week. Well, Saturday night I placed my order and ponied up the extra $20 for overnight shipping in hopes that maybe my irons would be built sometime this week or early next week and then sent out and received the next day. Late yesterday afternoon I get a message that my order had shipped. Excuse me? How did we go from backordered with an expected ship date of Feb. 20 being built within 1 business day of me placing my order. It's not like my set was standard specs either. It was a combo set of CB and MC, upright lies, overlength and tour issue X100 shafts.

Long story short, I am VERY impressed at both the turnaround time and the quality of the build. All irons are within a swingweight point of one another with most being a perfect D3 (a couple are D2.5 and the PW is D3.5). The only minor thing is I ordered 1/2" over standard and the spec sheet shows them being just that....1/2" over the Rocketbladez Tour standard 38" 5 iron. The new tour preferred line plays off a 37.75" 5 iron. If I need to cut 1/4" off each iron so be it. Easier to take a little off than to extend.

This was my first ever order direct from TM and I had my doubts (especially with the supposed shutdown through February 4th). I can't wait to get some time in with these on the Trackman before hitting the links in sunny FLA.
[/quote]

Boom

I'm sure this has been posted already, but I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the CB A wedge? Also, if there has been any feedback on how it feels and performs.

TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                WITB Link
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

Got my set in today... mix of 7 - PW MB & 3-6 MC and immediately thru on some grips... and over to the flightscope (indoors). Both clubs exact same shaft (PX 6.5 flighted)... exact same length.... same loft... same grip, same number of wraps of tape - all the same. After I warmed up a couple and was hitting each shot flush, I hit my CMB 6 iron 15 times - averaged 189 which is about what I actually play it and if I jump on it maybe up to 195-200 - but that is rare I would try. The MC after 15 shots, averaged 206 yds! the spin and launch were great, great ball flight and the best part, the dispersion was amazing! The MC, for me, was hard to hit off-line. For those that complain that its not forged, you have 1000% better feel than me, because they feel amazing and when you add such consistent and great distance - it's a no brainer to me. It was easy to hit them high, low, left, right and the most important so easy to hit straight.

The MC's are such a great iron... Can't wait to try out the rest and see how it goes. Oh and the 430 SLDR is great too! And fwiw, I wasn't a fan of the 460.

I spent some time hitting MC 7 and CB 7 yesterday. Distances seemed equal to my eye but the MC felt better and were easier to work in smaller degrees. I really like the KBS shaft but I have had 2 wrist surgeries, so would like to reduce vibration, they don't have the 110g Recoil to test.
Has anyone hit the Pro Soft or Sensicore inserts? It seems if I like the KBS shaft its a more reliable way to get the right flight then to hope the Recoil feels and performs good. Would the inserts be as forgiving to an injury and would TM put them in or would I have to have a local shop do it? Can grips be removed and replaced or do they need to cut them off, just don't like throwing away new grips.
Thanks

Got my combo set today. 4-5 CB, 6-PW MC. They are getting KBS Tour V shafts and custom ferrules installed right now and then I'll add my paint fill to complete them. Il post some pics when they are done.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Driver

Sub 70 949X - 3W

Sub 70 949X - 7W

Sub 70 600 Pro V2 Black 4-PW

Sub 70 286 Forged Wedges 50* & 56*

Sub 70 JB Forged 60*

Scotty Cameron - PhantomX 5.5

[quote name='HammerTM24' timestamp='1391137761' post='8569198']
Got my combo set today. 4-5 CB, 6-PW MC. They are getting KBS Tour V shafts and custom ferrules installed right now and then I'll add my paint fill to complete them. Il post some pics when they are done.
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you pay for the tour v's? I wish TM was offering them as a custom option

TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                WITB Link
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

[quote name='bidenn' timestamp='1391174787' post='8570686']
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, where and how much did you pay for the tour v's? I wish TM was offering them as a custom option
[/quote]

I have no foundation for this answer but I would be shocked if TM does not offer the new Tour V this spring.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Contact [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/67563-trhode/"]Trhode[/url], a member here. I saw them in his shop this morning!

TSR2 9* - 1K White 70
TSR2 15* - AD DI 7
Apex UW 19* - Diamana D+ 80
T150 4-PW - PX
SM8/SM9s - Modus 120
Scotty 5.5

[quote name='indygolfman' timestamp='1391192835' post='8572500']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Contact [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/67563-trhode/"]Trhode[/url], a member here. I saw them in his shop this morning!
[/quote]

Thank you I sent him a message.

TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                WITB Link
                TM TP '09 54 & 58