NIKE 2014 Ball Review

[quote name='Stew@scotland' timestamp='1394390590' post='8832729']
According to Nike the 2011 20xi-x was 91 compression but golfballtest.org say 116 so if Nike say the RZN Black is 83 you could guess its around 108
[/quote]
Hmmm that gives me a lot to think about. I guess I'm going to have to test. Not as smooth of a transition as I thought

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the difference in distance between the Platinum and the Black? Wondering if its similar to Titleist 3-4 yards with the driver between Pro V1 and X.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I actually played both today.

I have been waiting on a Nike ball I would like since I could no longer find any One Tours.

The 20XI series, IMO, sucked. Felt like cheap Pinnacle distance balls and were harsh off of all clubs.

These are so much better that these may be my gamer this year. I cannot really give you a good review as the swing still has rust on it from the off season and various health issues. I will say that the feel is much better and is softer feeling to me than the 2013 Srixon XV which made me mad because the prior XVs were money.

The Platinum is a tad softer than the Black but both feel similar. I had no issues spinning the ball and it was basically a hit and stop. Greens were firm and these were always right near the pitch mark. The feel off all clubs were great and as far as distance, I could not tell much of a difference. They were just as long as my other gamer.

I will say that I am leaning more towards the Platinum for added spin around the greens and the little bit softer feel. I was able to get the Platinum to check up better around the greens on pitch and chip shots but the Black wasn't that bad. Just a little bit more run out on those shots. But as far as full shots, I could use either and not know the difference.

Has anyone tested these that has a very fast swing speed? In the 120's? Did you find any spin issues off the driver?

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOH2B9FkzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvBRv5ssUM

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1394819854' post='8871481']
I played two rounds with the rzn black and must say i am highly impressed. Best ball i have hit in years.
[/quote]
Can you compare it to your normal gamer?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1394822519' post='8871859']
[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1394819854' post='8871481']
I played two rounds with the rzn black and must say i am highly impressed. Best ball i have hit in years.
[/quote]
Can you compare it to your normal gamer?
[/quote]

I usually play a ProV1x or a Mizzy MPs. The Nike felt much more stable in the air than the others. Distance was right up there if not a tad longer and i got plenty of spin off the irons and wedges. Putting was fairly similiar. On those two days i shot my best personal rounds (80,79) on my home course and the ball definetly helped.

I've been playing a Z-Star XV for the past 2 years and I'm about a 5-7 handicap (per my skycaddie). I figured since I play all Nike stuff anyways, that I would pick up the new RZN Black and Platinums. I haven't been a been fan of Nike's ball offerings in the past so I figured what the hell. Previous ball experience that I've played is ProV1x and Bridgestone B-330s....which I really like....ProV1X durability is pathetic and they are the most expensive, hence why I switched ultimately to the Z-starXV.....Anyyyyways....I've played a sleeve of the RZN Blacks and they feel almost exactly like a Z-StarXV....The only difference is on the green when putting, they feel a little heavier or clunky...can't really describe it but they just feel different and maybe a little more clicky....not a dealbreaker for me though to play with them.....Distance might even be a little more better off the tee that the XV's also, plus I think the durability is the same if not better which is a plus! After 4 rounds with the Blacks, I moved on to try the Platinums. After the first tee shot with the Platinum I kinda knew it was going to be the ball for me. I didn't get over excited though and just kept playing my normal round. Distance off the tee was the same as the Black for me, and all my irons and wedges felt really good off the clubface and went my normal distances as with the Z-StarXV. I was hoping this ball didn't spin too much on shots 80-120 out, and it was about right on the money. I didn't have a bunch of shots that ripped back 30 ft or anything. Very predictable. Durability was the same as the Blacks from what I've seen so far. Overall, I have to get a couple more rounds in with this ball, but I really like what I'm seeing. The only thing I don't like is the price of them. It's really hard to justify purchasing these balls over the Z-StarXV's when I can always find them for around $30 a dozen and the Nike's are $46......Hopefully this review helps some people out, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Nike really does have a solid ball this year compared to the junk of the past.

I got in a couple rounds with the RZN Platinum ball this weekend, and came away extremely impressed. I normally play the Pro V1, and the RZN Platinum flat out preformed better for me. Distance was comparable to the V1, with a slight nod going to the RZN because it had a slightly lower trajectory, which is great for me being a high-ball hitter. The feel of the RZN Platinum was top notch, very soft but not mushy feeling. Spin seemed similar to the V1, and the durability of the Nike was excellent. Overall the RZN Platinum was fantastic. It beat out my trust Pro V1 and is going to be my new gamer.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

Just back from FLA and I found the Platinum to be 1 full club shorter with my irons vs Prov1 and Prov1X. I liked the way I could work the ball though. Easier to hit cuts with it vs most other balls

Will try the blacks I have when the freaking snow stops falling up here

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

RZN Platinum update: After 3 rounds, I have to say this ball is really great. I have played 3 rounds with the same ball and I could still use it for more, but I figure it has probably seen enough for now. The durability is great on this thing and it has a nice soft feel, especially on the driver where with the RZN Black it felt like I was hitting a rock for the most part (but still bearable to use). As compared to some other people, I have NOT noticed an increase or decrease in distance with my irons or wedges. The Platinum goes exactly the same distance as the ProV1X and the Srixon Z-Star XV that I used to play. Off the driver I feel the Platinum may have actually gained a little distance compared to the XV, and in comparison to the Black, I feel the black may be a tiny bit longer, but that is arguable. I think if you have a higher swing speed (mine is 105 avg w/driver) then you could definitely see some gains in distance, but for me the feel of the ball and the lower spin around the green is a deal breaker to play the Black. Also to add, the temps I have been playing in range from 55 degrees in the morning to about 70-75 in the afternoon (Cali winter/spring is rough...lol). I feel if most people were to play the Black in colder temps, they would absolutely hate it. Once again this is my opinion on these 2 balls, I really disliked Nike balls in the past, but I will be gaming the Platinum this year and this was a big surprise for me. Don't hesitate to give them both a try, especially with Golf Galaxy and others offering the try 2 sleeves and bring back 2 new sleeves for full credit if you don't like them. Thats what I did with the Blacks and Platinums.

[quote name='OPIE98LMB' timestamp='1395279581' post='8908341']
RZN Platinum update: After 3 rounds, I have to say this ball is really great. I have played 3 rounds with the same ball and I could still use it for more, but I figure it has probably seen enough for now. The durability is great on this thing and it has a nice soft feel, especially on the driver where with the RZN Black it felt like I was hitting a rock for the most part (but still bearable to use). As compared to some other people, I have NOT noticed an increase or decrease in distance with my irons or wedges. The Platinum goes exactly the same distance as the ProV1X and the Srixon Z-Star XV that I used to play. Off the driver I feel the Platinum may have actually gained a little distance compared to the XV, and in comparison to the Black, I feel the black may be a tiny bit longer, but that is arguable. I think if you have a higher swing speed (mine is 105 avg w/driver) then you could definitely see some gains in distance, but for me the feel of the ball and the lower spin around the green is a deal breaker to play the Black. Also to add, the temps I have been playing in range from 55 degrees in the morning to about 70-75 in the afternoon (Cali winter/spring is rough...lol). I feel if most people were to play the Black in colder temps, they would absolutely hate it. Once again this is my opinion on these 2 balls, I really disliked Nike balls in the past, but I will be gaming the Platinum this year and this was a big surprise for me. Don't hesitate to give them both a try, especially with Golf Galaxy and others offering the try 2 sleeves and bring back 2 new sleeves for full credit if you don't like them. Thats what I did with the Blacks and Platinums.
[/quote]

Pretty much my experience exactly. I'm in Nor Cal and play to a 4 w/ ss of 108.

While that may be modest for players on these boards, I'd suggest anyone in the 105+ group to at least give a sleeve of the platinums a try. They feel quite good.

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

009 Welded 1.5 Neck

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be putting up a review soon for the new 2014 20xi golf balls. From what I heard from customers they seem to like it but I havent heard of any comparing the new vs old

FYI the older 20xi-s and 20xi-x golf balls are heavily discounted on our website currently. Stock up while you can.

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

[quote name='FairwayGolfUSA.com' timestamp='1396558428' post='9013971']
I'll be putting up a review soon for the[b] new 2014 20xi golf ball[/b]s. From what I heard from customers they seem to like it but I havent heard of any comparing the new vs old

FYI the older 20xi-s and 20xi-x golf balls are heavily discounted on our website currently. Stock up while you can.
[/quote]

Didn't know they made new 2014 models of that ball.

Thought they ditched it for the RZN, guess not.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1389813344' post='8466397']
[b][color=#282828]RZN Line Test[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]Thank you Nike and GolfWRX once again for the opportunity to test and enjoy these balls. [/color]

[color=#282828]For comparison I play the Rocketballz Urethanes which are very long, straight, and play to my short game (for now) very well. My secondary ball is the Hex Chrome which is very similar to the RBZ Urethane but just a bit shorter. I also play on occasion the Nike 20XI-X and have some 20XI-S left over that I love to play on short 9-hole courses. Disclaimer: I did find a Dozen Pro V1x in my stocking this Christmas from Mrs. Clause.[/color]

[color=#282828]To start I will talk about the previous generation Nike balls. First up is the 20XI-S which as mentioned is a fun ball to play on short 9-hole courses with its spin. I say this because it lacks distance and generally requires me to play one club longer than most other balls but plays well to the short distances and elevated greens at my sneak away course. It is very clicky but a good performer for me from 150 yards and in.[/color]

[color=#282828]Then, last year we saw the release of the updated 20XI line. The 20XI and 20XI-X has an improved softer feel and was less clicky than the previous generation ball that I’m sure has made it as popular as it has become, not to mention the logo hats you see everywhere. The 20XI-X flies super straight and is the second longest ball for me on average. [/color]

[color=#282828]Initial testing began in my backyard and like any golfer dirt patches in the yard are evident. My neighbors enjoy the flier or two on occasion that end up in their yards or pool. I am using a mat now and it has helped to let the grass thrive and make my wife happy. When working from the home office I take time daily to grab the bucket to practice chip and pitch shots. The pitch shots are aimed at the kid’s safety-netted trampoline at 8 – 11 yards away with successful shots flying high and landing inside rewarding me with a giggle each time. Never gets old.[/color]

[color=#282828]The test brought out quite a few balls from my locker. The TM Lethal and RBZ Urethane, Callaway Hex Chrome, Titleist NXT Tour, Pro V1, and Pro V1x, Srixon Z Star and Q Star, Nike 20XI-S, 20XI, 20XI-X, and PD Soft, Wilson Duo, and Bridgestone e6.[/color]
[color=#282828][attachment=2022741:IMAG0155.jpg][/color]

[color=#282828]Let’s see what Nike says about the New RZN line up:[/color]

[b][color=#282828]RZN Black[/color][/b][color=#282828] - 4 piece Urethane, Tour Performance, Lower-Spin Distance designed for Higher - Moderate Swing Speeds

[b]RZN Platinum[/b] - 4 piece Urethane, Tour Performance, Mid-Spin Control designed for Higher - Moderate Swing Speeds

[b]RZN Red[/b] - 3 piece Ionomer, Distance Performance, Longer Carry for Moderate - Lower Swing Speeds

[b]RZN White[/b] – 3 piece Ionomer, Distance Performance, Softer Feel for Moderate - Lower Swing Speeds[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Looks: [/color][/b][color=#282828]Undoubtedly one of the best looking packages a ball can come in. The Balls look clean with the color Nike has selected and inspiring with the Swoosh and RZN model identifier on them. [/color]
[color=#282828][attachment=2022743:IMAG0096.jpg][attachment=2022745:IMAG0118.jpg][/color]

[b][color=#282828]Feel: [/color][/b][color=#282828]The 20XI and 20XI-X improved on the sound and feel of the previous generation line and the RZN Platinum and Black are no different with even better sound and feel than that of last year’s 20XI’s. Comparing the Platinum and Black the feel (IMO) is right up there with the Pro V1’s and Lethal and at times hard to distinguish between them. That alone is reason to try them if you have not or be compelled to switch from the 20XI’s. I think the Z Star is marginally the softest feeling of the bunch but lacks in distance.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Putting:[/color][/b][color=#282828] (Platinum and Black) is what you would expect for a tour caliber ball. The Red and White feel close to their tour caliber counterparts.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Chip, Pitch, and Flop Shots[/color][/b][color=#282828]: (Platinum and Black) Far gone is that clicky sound of the older model which left chipping, pitching, and flop shots sounding like music off the face of my wedges (Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour PW, AW, ATV 56 and 60, Titleist Vokey SM4 54-11 and 60-07, and my new favorite Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60). The RZN Red and White are also very good feeling balls and should be considered top contenders against the Srixon Q Star, Bridgestone e5 and e6, Titleist NXT Tour and NXT Tour S offer good roll out to reach the cup. I can see the Red and White maybe crossing over a just a bit into the RBZ Urethane and Hex Chrome market.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Short Irons[/color][/b][color=#282828]: (Platinum and Black) Again on feel, if there were no labeling on the balls, other than tour level players and very low HC’s one would be hard pressed to tell the difference from the Pro V1’s. Flight and distance were very similar to the Lethal and Pro V1’s with the Black and Pro V1x seemingly a bit longer than their higher spinning counterparts. The Red and White are straight shooters that will inspire a lot confidence in your shots with better than average distance and feel.[/color]
[color=#282828][attachment=2022753:IMAG0159.jpg][/color]

[b][color=#282828]Long irons: [/color][/b][color=#282828]I would have to repeat what I just mentioned about the short irons. I was still able to hit my RBZ Urethanes the farthest but they do not have that feel of the RZN’s and are just as straight.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Fairway and Hybrid:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This is where the Platinum, Black, Lethal, and Pro V1’s felt the most similar. However strong distance scores go to the 20XI-X, nudging out the others and only falling slightly shorter than the RBZ Urethanes. The Red and White are “Boomers” here, or at least they feel that way. The Red and White are confidence inspiring with their feel and sound.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Driver:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This was the toughest part of the test and least valuable to readers. My swing speed goes up to 107 but am most comfortable and accurate around 100. At the moment because of left shoulder surgery a few months back I’m not back to a good form or full speed. But, if the RZN’s perform off the driver like the fairway then not to worry.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Summary:[/color][/b][color=#282828] Nike says the Red and White are for “Moderate-Lower Swing Speeds” and have that exactly right. 100 mph swingers will have no problem with this ball and in fact will fit majority of players out there. Want a ball for the winter? For those that ply a softer ball in the winter, look no further than the RZN White. I play the PD Soft and Wilson DUO on cold days and will gladly take the White. The 3 piece Ionomer covers over the RZN core feel really good. If you play the Q Star, e5 or e6, NXT Tour S or similar other brands/models then you owe it to yourself to try the RZN Red and White. You will not be disappointed. [/color]

[color=#282828]The Platinum and Black need no further explanation. They perform on par with the venerable Pro V’s with similar feel. Nike’s approach with the RZN technology and updated product is a winner and I suspect to see them turning shelf space very quickly, driving big gains in sales this year, and taking share from other brands. Once I have my full swing speed and form back on the driver the Pro V1x and RZN Black are going to have a shoot-out.[/color]
[color=#282828]I've also posted my review here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/935158-nike-golf-unveils-new-products-for-2014-press-release-with-pics/page__st__600"]http://www.golfwrx.c...s/page__st__600[/url][/color]

[/quote]

[size=4][color=#282828]I have been playing the Black and Platinum and want to provide an update. Latest round was today at Dublin Ranch in the San Francisco Bay Area with a temperature of 83. My playing SS is currently right at 100 mph which is still down a bit as the left shoulder is working its way back to "better" than before. That said I'm preferring the Platinum off the tee as it feels a tad softer and I mean a tad. Once I move to hybrids, irons, and wedges the difference is negligible. Both go where you point them, stop on dime, roll out, or back up when you want. All in all they are very easy to control. Shot shaping for both is similar to the Pro V1x at least from what I can see or do. I also brought along the Rocketballz Urethane (my gamer from last year) and Pro V1x. The RBZ Urethane and Platinum have edged the Pro V1x and Black out a few yards off the Driver and 3W. The Pro V1x felt a little softer with the wedges. No difference off the putter at all for me. Durability has been very good as I have beat the same Black and Platinum up for two rounds now. They certainly don't look new and I will play them for at least one more round if they can make it through just to see how far they can go. Switching from the SM4 54-11 and Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60 (I still play it because it's awesome) to the Ping Tour Gorge have likely saved them a bit. All in all the Platinum has a spot in my bag for now. I have hit 106 mph on the monitor and expect that in another 6 weeks or so I will climb to 110 mph and will put the Black to the test again to see if that makes any difference. The Black and Platinum are contenders in the premium market.

I'm going to put the Red and White in play again as well of which both are Great balls in their respective markets.[/color][/size]

Ping i25 9.5 PWR 75 Stiff/ Rapture 13 3W
Ping i25 15 3W PWR 75 Stiff
Ping i25 19h PWR 80 Stiff
Callaway Apex 5 - AW KBS Tour-V Stiff
Ping Tour Gorge 54WS and Nike VR 60TS
Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B

[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1396919498' post='9042619']

[color=#282828]Thank you Nike and GolfWRX once again for the opportunity to test and enjoy these balls. [/color]

[color=#282828]For comparison I play the Rocketballz Urethanes which are very long, straight, and play to my short game (for now) very well. My secondary ball is the Hex Chrome which is very similar to the RBZ Urethane but just a bit shorter. I also play on occasion the Nike 20XI-X and have some 20XI-S left over that I love to play on short 9-hole courses. Disclaimer: I did find a Dozen Pro V1x in my stocking this Christmas from Mrs. Clause.[/color]

[color=#282828]To start I will talk about the previous generation Nike balls. First up is the 20XI-S which as mentioned is a fun ball to play on short 9-hole courses with its spin. I say this because it lacks distance and generally requires me to play one club longer than most other balls but plays well to the short distances and elevated greens at my sneak away course. It is very clicky but a good performer for me from 150 yards and in.[/color]

[color=#282828]Then, last year we saw the release of the updated 20XI line. The 20XI and 20XI-X has an improved softer feel and was less clicky than the previous generation ball that I’m sure has made it as popular as it has become, not to mention the logo hats you see everywhere. The 20XI-X flies super straight and is the second longest ball for me on average. [/color]

[color=#282828]Initial testing began in my backyard and like any golfer dirt patches in the yard are evident. My neighbors enjoy the flier or two on occasion that end up in their yards or pool. I am using a mat now and it has helped to let the grass thrive and make my wife happy. When working from the home office I take time daily to grab the bucket to practice chip and pitch shots. The pitch shots are aimed at the kid’s safety-netted trampoline at 8 – 11 yards away with successful shots flying high and landing inside rewarding me with a giggle each time. Never gets old.[/color]

[color=#282828]The test brought out quite a few balls from my locker. The TM Lethal and RBZ Urethane, Callaway Hex Chrome, Titleist NXT Tour, Pro V1, and Pro V1x, Srixon Z Star and Q Star, Nike 20XI-S, 20XI, 20XI-X, and PD Soft, Wilson Duo, and Bridgestone e6.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]RZN Black[/color][/b][color=#282828] - 4 piece Urethane, Tour Performance, Lower-Spin Distance designed for Higher - Moderate Swing Speeds

[b]RZN Platinum[/b] - 4 piece Urethane, Tour Performance, Mid-Spin Control designed for Higher - Moderate Swing Speeds

[b]RZN Red[/b] - 3 piece Ionomer, Distance Performance, Longer Carry for Moderate - Lower Swing Speeds

[b]RZN White[/b] – 3 piece Ionomer, Distance Performance, Softer Feel for Moderate - Lower Swing Speeds[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Looks: [/color][/b][color=#282828]Undoubtedly one of the best looking packages a ball can come in. The Balls look clean with the color Nike has selected and inspiring with the Swoosh and RZN model identifier on them. [/color]
[color=#282828][attachment=2022743:IMAG0096.jpg][attachment=2022745:IMAG0118.jpg][/color]

[b][color=#282828]Feel: [/color][/b][color=#282828]The 20XI and 20XI-X improved on the sound and feel of the previous generation line and the RZN Platinum and Black are no different with even better sound and feel than that of last year’s 20XI’s. Comparing the Platinum and Black the feel (IMO) is right up there with the Pro V1’s and Lethal and at times hard to distinguish between them. That alone is reason to try them if you have not or be compelled to switch from the 20XI’s. I think the Z Star is marginally the softest feeling of the bunch but lacks in distance.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Putting:[/color][/b][color=#282828] (Platinum and Black) is what you would expect for a tour caliber ball. The Red and White feel close to their tour caliber counterparts.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Chip, Pitch, and Flop Shots[/color][/b][color=#282828]: (Platinum and Black) Far gone is that clicky sound of the older model which left chipping, pitching, and flop shots sounding like music off the face of my wedges (Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour PW, AW, ATV 56 and 60, Titleist Vokey SM4 54-11 and 60-07, and my new favorite Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60). The RZN Red and White are also very good feeling balls and should be considered top contenders against the Srixon Q Star, Bridgestone e5 and e6, Titleist NXT Tour and NXT Tour S offer good roll out to reach the cup. I can see the Red and White maybe crossing over a just a bit into the RBZ Urethane and Hex Chrome market.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Short Irons[/color][/b][color=#282828]: (Platinum and Black) Again on feel, if there were no labeling on the balls, other than tour level players and very low HC’s one would be hard pressed to tell the difference from the Pro V1’s. Flight and distance were very similar to the Lethal and Pro V1’s with the Black and Pro V1x seemingly a bit longer than their higher spinning counterparts. The Red and White are straight shooters that will inspire a lot confidence in your shots with better than average distance and feel.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Long irons: [/color][/b][color=#282828]I would have to repeat what I just mentioned about the short irons. I was still able to hit my RBZ Urethanes the farthest but they do not have that feel of the RZN’s and are just as straight.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Fairway and Hybrid:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This is where the Platinum, Black, Lethal, and Pro V1’s felt the most similar. However strong distance scores go to the 20XI-X, nudging out the others and only falling slightly shorter than the RBZ Urethanes. The Red and White are “Boomers” here, or at least they feel that way. The Red and White are confidence inspiring with their feel and sound.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Driver:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This was the toughest part of the test and least valuable to readers. My swing speed goes up to 107 but am most comfortable and accurate around 100. At the moment because of left shoulder surgery a few months back I’m not back to a good form or full speed. But, if the RZN’s perform off the driver like the fairway then not to worry.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Summary:[/color][/b][color=#282828] Nike says the Red and White are for “Moderate-Lower Swing Speeds” and have that exactly right. 100 mph swingers will have no problem with this ball and in fact will fit majority of players out there. Want a ball for the winter? For those that ply a softer ball in the winter, look no further than the RZN White. I play the PD Soft and Wilson DUO on cold days and will gladly take the White. The 3 piece Ionomer covers over the RZN core feel really good. If you play the Q Star, e5 or e6, NXT Tour S or similar other brands/models then you owe it to yourself to try the RZN Red and White. You will not be disappointed. [/color]

[color=#282828]The Platinum and Black need no further explanation. They perform on par with the venerable Pro V’s with similar feel. Nike’s approach with the RZN technology and updated product is a winner and I suspect to see them turning shelf space very quickly, driving big gains in sales this year, and taking share from other brands. Once I have my full swing speed and form back on the driver the Pro V1x and RZN Black are going to have a shoot-out.[/color]
[color=#282828]I've also posted my review here: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/935158-nike-golf-unveils-new-products-for-2014-press-release-with-pics/page__st__600"]http://www.golfwrx.c...s/page__st__600[/url][/color]

[/quote]

[size=4][color=#282828]I have been playing the Black and Platinum and want to provide an update. Latest round was today at Dublin Ranch in the San Francisco Bay Area with a temperature of 83. My playing SS is currently right at 100 mph which is still down a bit as the left shoulder is working its way back to "better" than before. That said I'm preferring the Platinum off the tee as it feels a tad softer and I mean a tad. Once I move to hybrids, irons, and wedges the difference is negligible. Both go where you point them, stop on dime, roll out, or back up when you want. All in all they are very easy to control. Shot shaping for both is similar to the Pro V1x at least from what I can see or do. I also brought along the Rocketballz Urethane (my gamer from last year) and Pro V1x. The RBZ Urethane and Platinum have edged the Pro V1x and Black out a few yards off the Driver and 3W. The Pro V1x felt a little softer with the wedges. No difference off the putter at all for me. Durability has been very good as I have beat the same Black and Platinum up for two rounds now. They certainly don't look new and I will play them for at least one more round if they can make it through just to see how far they can go. Switching from the SM4 54-11 and Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60 (I still play it because it's awesome) to the Ping Tour Gorge have likely saved them a bit. All in all the Platinum has a spot in my bag for now. I have hit 106 mph on the monitor and expect that in another 6 weeks or so I will climb to 110 mph and will put the Black to the test again to see if that makes any difference. The Black and Platinum are contenders in the premium market.

I'm going to put the Red and White in play again as well of which both are Great balls in their respective markets.[/color][/size]
[/quote]
What do you like more about the platinum then the black?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Hi Folks! I am a ProV1 guy through and through ...... until now! I went my local driving range to try out a few of the new drivers that have been released and lucked out as they were having a Nike demo day. After hitting the drivers and then trying the new Nike ones, the Nike rep gave me 2 black and 2 platinum to try.
I'll be honest here, I arrived at my course a week later and only decided to play the Nike balls to keep my ProV's fresh for when the winter weather and conditions have disappeared. I chose the platinum without thinking and BINGO! I hit one one the best drives that I have in some time. Drive after drive after this were superb with my only bad one coming when I swung to hard and put a bad swing on it. After this, the good shots continued over and over. For me, if I am driving well then I score well and when on the tee at 18 my playing partner said he thought that it was the most controlled he'd seen me from the tee. I said if I hit another one there that I would buy some, set up and put another swing on my driver to see the ball sail up the middle once again.
This was last Friday and I had booked my father and I onto the Castle Course in St. Andrew's on the Sunday. So, we arrived in St. Andrews and got set to play a nervous round, stepped up on the first tee with a hybrid as advised by the starter....... ball up the middle again with the starter saying "great shot". I've not played with my dad for a long time and was nervous as hell. The second was a drive went right up the middle again and rolled out to around 300 yards. We then caught up with some 4 balls from Norway and the course marshall asked for us to be played through after being held up for 7 holes so there I was with my dad, 4 Norwegians, the marshall, and his very cute brunette assistant (a young lady before someone jokes) watching on so to say I could feel a duff coming on was an understatement but no, right up the middle and past the longest of the Norwegians by about 80 yards. 5 holes later and another marshall with another cute assistant and another 4 Norwegians. The marshall said to hit it hard straight down the left of a sharp dogleg and with the wind said to take driver as it would probably only go 230-240. The hole was 376 if I remember I thought I could cut the corner so said to the marshall should I try a fade and cut the corner and he said if I was up for it then go ahead. I stepped up and off it went exactly where I wanted and ended up 40 yards short of the green. These balls gave me confidence that I have never had. What was funny is that my father thought the dogleg was left and he turned to the marshall and his assistant and told them that my drive was the worst I hit all day. The young lady said "really! wow!" which was funny when I explained that it was where it should be when we got off the tee. I have honestly never driven a ball as well as this in my life. Iron play was just as good as with my ProV's too. Chipping was also. Putting? well that's where I fall apart and the Castle Course is a test for even the best putters so who knows. All I can say is the Nike RZN Platinum is great. Perhaps it was fluke and coincidence but if you ever play the Castle Course (which I recommend) it will put more fear than confidence in your heart as its tough.
I did play the RZN Black for 2 of the holes and found it to be not as straight for me. It launched higher too but on a links course that's not a good thing as the wind does grab it a little. Overall, the platinum is great. I'm so impressed that, I've just bought 2 dozen.
I hope you enjoyed the story anyway. Have a great season.

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1396920234' post='9042711']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Feels a bit softer off the driver and fairway. Other than that once I move to the hybrids and down I can't tell any difference.

[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1397016582' post='9051991']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]Feels a bit softer off the driver and fairway. Other than that once I move to the hybrids and down I can't tell any difference.
[/quote]
How's the spin into the greens? Platinum stop and the black roll out ?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I've been playin the Plat since my rep gave me a few sleeves. I think it easily beats all the previous 20xi models. (I know some of the guys wouldn't think that very hard to do). I actually liked the 2013 20xi model a lot. But it doesn't really compare to the Plat.

The Platinum is a little longer for me off the irons and the driver. Can't really say that much about 3/5 woods off the deck cause I suck at that shot too much to notice. The big difference comes around 100 yds and in, especially 50 and in. The 20xi was ok on these shots, but tended to really have a big first bounce (I will admit that I don't spin the ball that much) even on softer greens. Not so with the Platinum. This things grabs quick (when hit right) even for me. Chops and pitches around the greens are very easy to control. For me, the 20xi didn't click very much off the putter, but it's gone with the Plat.

I had to play in a two-person event two weeks ago at a 9-hole course with very small greens. The first day was in the rain and the second day was in 15-20 mph winds for most of the round. Both days, the ball seemed to hold its line very well. Numerous shots on Sun were played straight into the wind, and not once did I see any ballooning with the ball. It was fun to play in those conditions not having to worry about the ball doing funny things while in the air (although I did fat a couple of wedges in the rain and topped three wood once...also layed up into a hazard(idiot)).

I tried the Blk and while I liked it off the driver and irons, it didn't work as well around the greens for me. I think I said in another thread that the Plat would be the ball I would play this year, but I'm rescinding that comment. I have some B330s balls on the way to try as well as some TM TP (non-X). Hope to have a full review on all three pretty soon.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1397072916' post='9055951']
I've been playin the Plat since my rep gave me a few sleeves. I think it easily beats all the previous 20xi models. (I know some of the guys wouldn't think that very hard to do). I actually liked the 2013 20xi model a lot. But it doesn't really compare to the Plat.

The Platinum is a little longer for me off the irons and the driver. Can't really say that much about 3/5 woods off the deck cause I suck at that shot too much to notice. The big difference comes around 100 yds and in, especially 50 and in. The 20xi was ok on these shots, but tended to really have a big first bounce (I will admit that I don't spin the ball that much) even on softer greens. Not so with the Platinum. This things grabs quick (when hit right) even for me. Chops and pitches around the greens are very easy to control. For me, the 20xi didn't click very much off the putter, but it's gone with the Plat.

I had to play in a two-person event two weeks ago at a 9-hole course with very small greens. The first day was in the rain and the second day was in 15-20 mph winds for most of the round. Both days, the ball seemed to hold its line very well. Numerous shots on Sun were played straight into the wind, and not once did I see any ballooning with the ball. It was fun to play in those conditions not having to worry about the ball doing funny things while in the air (although I did fat a couple of wedges in the rain and topped three wood once...also layed up into a hazard(idiot)).

I tried the Blk and while I liked it off the driver and irons, it didn't work as well around the greens for me. I think I said in another thread that the Plat would be the ball I would play this year, but I'm rescinding that comment. I have some B330s balls on the way to try as well as some TM TP (non-X). Hope to have a full review on all three pretty soon.
[/quote]

Great information, thank you for sharing.

PS - Beware of those TM TP balls, specially the non x... They're like crack! ;)

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I want to get my hands on a pack of RZN Black.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1397045563' post='9052917']
[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1397016582' post='9051991']

[color=#282828]Then, last year we saw the release of the updated 20XI line. The 20XI and 20XI-X has an improved softer feel and was less clicky than the previous generation ball that I'm sure has made it as popular as it has become, not to mention the logo hats you see everywhere. The 20XI-X flies super straight and is the second longest ball for me on average. [/color]

[color=#282828]Initial testing began in my backyard and like any golfer dirt patches in the yard are evident. My neighbors enjoy the flier or two on occasion that end up in their yards or pool. I am using a mat now and it has helped to let the grass thrive and make my wife happy. When working from the home office I take time daily to grab the bucket to practice chip and pitch shots. The pitch shots are aimed at the kid's safety-netted trampoline at 8 – 11 yards away with successful shots flying high and landing inside rewarding me with a giggle each time. Never gets old.[/color]

[color=#282828]Let's see what Nike says about the New RZN line up:[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Feel: [/color][/b][color=#282828]The 20XI and 20XI-X improved on the sound and feel of the previous generation line and the RZN Platinum and Black are no different with even better sound and feel than that of last year's 20XI's. Comparing the Platinum and Black the feel (IMO) is right up there with the Pro V1's and Lethal and at times hard to distinguish between them. That alone is reason to try them if you have not or be compelled to switch from the 20XI's. I think the Z Star is marginally the softest feeling of the bunch but lacks in distance.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Short Irons[/color][/b][color=#282828]: (Platinum and Black) Again on feel, if there were no labeling on the balls, other than tour level players and very low HC's one would be hard pressed to tell the difference from the Pro V1's. Flight and distance were very similar to the Lethal and Pro V1's with the Black and Pro V1x seemingly a bit longer than their higher spinning counterparts. The Red and White are straight shooters that will inspire a lot confidence in your shots with better than average distance and feel.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Long irons: [/color][/b][color=#282828]I would have to repeat what I just mentioned about the short irons. I was still able to hit my RBZ Urethanes the farthest but they do not have that feel of the RZN's and are just as straight.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Fairway and Hybrid:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This is where the Platinum, Black, Lethal, and Pro V1's felt the most similar. However strong distance scores go to the 20XI-X, nudging out the others and only falling slightly shorter than the RBZ Urethanes. The Red and White are "Boomers" here, or at least they feel that way. The Red and White are confidence inspiring with their feel and sound.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Driver:[/color][/b][color=#282828] This was the toughest part of the test and least valuable to readers. My swing speed goes up to 107 but am most comfortable and accurate around 100. At the moment because of left shoulder surgery a few months back I'm not back to a good form or full speed. But, if the RZN's perform off the driver like the fairway then not to worry.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Summary:[/color][/b][color=#282828] Nike says the Red and White are for "Moderate-Lower Swing Speeds" and have that exactly right. 100 mph swingers will have no problem with this ball and in fact will fit majority of players out there. Want a ball for the winter? For those that ply a softer ball in the winter, look no further than the RZN White. I play the PD Soft and Wilson DUO on cold days and will gladly take the White. The 3 piece Ionomer covers over the RZN core feel really good. If you play the Q Star, e5 or e6, NXT Tour S or similar other brands/models then you owe it to yourself to try the RZN Red and White. You will not be disappointed. [/color]

[color=#282828]The Platinum and Black need no further explanation. They perform on par with the venerable Pro V's with similar feel. Nike's approach with the RZN technology and updated product is a winner and I suspect to see them turning shelf space very quickly, driving big gains in sales this year, and taking share from other brands. Once I have my full swing speed and form back on the driver the Pro V1x and RZN Black are going to have a shoot-out.[/color]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
How's the spin into the greens? Platinum stop and the black roll out ?
[/quote]I should have noted that my initial testing of the RZN line had been done with Rocketbladez Tour w/ KBS Tour's and Vokey SM4's (54-11 and 60-07) and the Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60 which I was able to generate more spin on shots to the green compared to the Tour Gorge. I just moved to the Apex (regular) of which I cannot, at least as of yet generate the spin I could with the Rocketbladez Tours. The Ping Tour Gorge are extremely accurate but also can't generate the spin I could with the Vokey's or VR X3X TS. The Apex a have a slightly higher launch and a steeper descent than the Rocketbladez Tours so drop and stop shots favor the Platinum. On aggressive full swings I could back them both up but could seemingly get a fraction more out of the Platinum. On chips and pitches the Black rolls out more which is not a bad thing at all if your that type of shooter. For bump and run shots it goes to the Black. Tomorrow I'm going with 15 clubs taking the Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 60 to see what damage I can do. I think in "general" high swing speed players will favor the Black and 95-105 mph swingers will favor the Platinum.

I've been playing the one tour D for a while and found a RZN White ball on the course the other day. I played two rounds with that same ball and was very impressed I ended up ordering a box. Playing two rounds with one ball and the cover was still pretty solid after all that I couldn't believe it. Aside from durability, it also really performed for me. I'll probably give the Platinum a try down the road but if the White is working out i'll set the ego aside and play the white.

Nike Covert Perf - GD Tour AD-DI
Nike VR Pro LTD 3W - Diamana Whiteboard
Nike VR Pro LTD 5W - Diamana ilima
Nike VR Pro Combos 4-P - KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select GoLo
Nike VR Pro 52-56-60 Wedges

Played a few rounds with the Black coming from last year's 20XI-X. Flight and distance are similar to Nike's previous offering, but I've noticed a big improvement in feel. The 20XI/20XI-X could feel sort of hollow and unstable - almost like hitting a ping pong ball. The RZN Black is MILES better in this regard; the ball feels a fair bit more solid. It's a much more "complete" feeling compression and ball that feels much more controllable.