ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPonchoAdvanced Members Posts: 1,363 ✭✭
Looks like less fuss than the Game Golf system. Anyone know if there will be a new version of Arccos in the spring?

https://arccosgolf.com

Comments

• kmac49kmac49 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,035 ClubWRX
    I like the idea of not having to tap your belt each shot... But man that's a price tag. And replacing 14 batteries randomly when they fail could be fun too.
    WITB
    D - Cobra King F8 10.5*
    4w - Cobra Fly Z+, 16.5*
    3h - Ping Anser 20*
    3i-PW - Mizuno MP-33, KBS Tour 130 X
    52* - Callaway Mack Daddy 4
    58* - Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
    Putter - Taylormade Tour Spider Red
  • troberts17troberts17 Members Posts: 93
    I got it for Christmas I've used it for three rounds so far. I will say it is pretty cool. Gives you tons of stats and info which is super helpful. The best part is definitely the handicap system which identifies the handicaps of your driving, approach, chipping/pitching, sand, and putting. Helped me realize my short game isn't as good as I thought it was. Also my swing coach says its a good tool for coaches to address weaknesses by seeing the stats so it could be helpful if you regularly take lessons. All in all I would definitely recommend it. Sorry for the short review but I haven't had enough experience yet to really go in deep details.
    Rocketballz 10.5 Matrix Ozik Stiff
    RBZ stg 2 tour HL stock stiff
    Cobra amp cell hybrids set at 2 and 3
    TM TP MB 4-PW S300
    Vokey 52.08/58.14
    TM Daddy Long Legs
  • ludeatudeludeatude Advanced Members Posts: 79
    What if you decide to hit some extra chips or a shot off the tee? The system would record it. Thats a drawback I see compared to the other system where you are in control of when it is active.
    2017 M2 460 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60tx
    M2 16.5 Tensei CK Blue 70x
    Adams A2TS 19 Matrix Altus X
    Adams Super LS Idea VST 22 Altus X
    TM TP MC 4-PW KBS Tour V's 120
    TM xFT 52 KBS Hi Rev
    TVD-K 58 Black Ion KBS Wedge Black Pearl
  • coghillcuttercoghillcutter Advanced Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
    got one of these for xmas. have 3 rounds on it and i can honestly say its awesome. since the sensors are bluetooth unlike the NFC type stuff being used by Game Golf they are a little bit bigger but once you get used to looking at them on the club you're gapped to go. you don't even notice them in terms of weight which a lot of people have asked me about. as for the above post if you take multiple shots from the same spot it assumes a mulligan and doesn't record end distance until you pull the next club. The system is about as close to flawless as I've seen. The only real draw back i've run into is that there are times when I am just off the green and I get a GIR reading which can be changed subsequently but still I have had it miss the correct reading in that situation a few times.
    10* Ping G400 LST Tensei Pro Orange 60s
    TBD
    18* Titleist 915h Rouge 85s
    Taylormade P790 4 iron
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus 120s
    Mizuno T7 50,55
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 59*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini
  • VA_AstraVA_Astra ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,852
    Apple only support = big thumbs down!
    PXG 0811x HZRDUS HC T1100
    PXG 0841 3w HZRDUS HC Yellow
    PXG 0311 XF 3iron RIP Alpha Hybrid
    PXG 0311 4-6 PX LZ
    PXG 0311t 7-PW PX LZ
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58
    Mannkrafted WAVE
    Taylormade TP5/x
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Advanced Members Posts: 1,499 ✭✭
    VA_Astra wrote:

Apple only support = big thumbs down!

I would purchase if they had android support. I refuse to buy an iphone!
  • troberts17troberts17 Members Posts: 93
    ludeatude wrote:
    What if you decide to hit some extra chips or a shot off the tee? The system would record it. Thats a drawback I see compared to the other system where you are in control of when it is active.

Arrcos recognizes mulligans and only counts the most recent shot within a small radius
    Rocketballz 10.5 Matrix Ozik Stiff
    RBZ stg 2 tour HL stock stiff
    Cobra amp cell hybrids set at 2 and 3
    TM TP MB 4-PW S300
    Vokey 52.08/58.14
    TM Daddy Long Legs
  • bjp1bjp1 Silky Advanced Members Posts: 818
    Have about 6 rounds in with mine, and really satisfied so far. Not much of anything to do but play. I occasionally check that the tap-in's recorded, but not much else to do. After 10+ years of recording stats, the only downside I find is not being able to identify where the flag is, or brig able to properly identify first putt distance. With that said, I still keep that detail so that I can input that into Shot-by-Shot.

Really happy with it so far.
    **Work in Progress**
  • CwingCwing Advanced Members Posts: 7,965 ✭✭
    Why/how is better/ different than game golf? I don't know anything about it but saw it at ****'s for $399. Game was $119 on Amazon lightning deal.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • midtalonmidtalon Advanced Members Posts: 133
    I've had it now for couple months, pretty happy. I've had to replace half the batteries already ($2 a piece) Customer service is second to none and it's nice knowing every shot counts even when playing alone. I'm very happy with the purchase.
  • Rjb01camarossRjb01camaross Members Posts: 56
    I have 5 rounds on my Arccos system so far. It's been a great system that is extremely easy to use since you don't have to do anything besides play golf. I use mine as a GPS also which is a big plus IMHO. I also really enjoy the fact I can review my round in real time while I'm playing instead of having to wait until after to upload the data.
  • grillkungengrillkungen Members Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Must you have the phone in the pocket or can you have it in the bag? Anyone tried both GG and Arccos? Any differences in accuracy, quality etc..?
  • coghillcuttercoghillcutter Advanced Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
    You don't have to have the phone in your pocket since the sensor is doing most of the location work, but you do need it somewhat close to you. I think no more than 30 feet or so (general BT range). As for those wanting android support its only a matter of time before they release it. Just have to figure out which piece of candy/dessert they are developing for.
    10* Ping G400 LST Tensei Pro Orange 60s
    TBD
    18* Titleist 915h Rouge 85s
    Taylormade P790 4 iron
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Nippon Pro Modus 120s
    Mizuno T7 50,55
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 59*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini
  • ParHunterParHunter Advanced Members Posts: 450

You don't have to have the phone in your pocket since the sensor is doing most of the location work, but you do need it somewhat close to you. I think no more than 30 feet or so (general BT range). As for those wanting android support its only a matter of time before they release it. Just have to figure out which piece of candy/dessert they are developing for.

I don't think that is correct. The sensors don't do any location work! They only have motion sensors. The location is done via the GPS on the iPhone. So if you have your phone in your bag it will use the location of the bag and not where you took your shot!
    Bag is alright for tee and fairway shots, you'll need it on your person on putts. I imagine it's a hassle constantly going from the bag to the pocket each hole (you're bound to forget it prior to putting once or twice a round). I hate having things in my pockets but have grown used to having my phone on me during my rounds.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    midtalon wrote:

Bag is alright for tee and fairway shots, you'll need it on your person on putts. I imagine it's a hassle constantly going from the bag to the pocket each hole (you're bound to forget it prior to putting once or twice a round). I hate having things in my pockets but have grown used to having my phone on me during my rounds.

So if its cart path only you have to have it on you the whole day?
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
    They (Arccos) recommend having the phone on you at all times regardless of course conditions.
  • Gaprofitt11Gaprofitt11 Members Posts: 45
    I tried both the game golf system and the arccos.. Both basically do the same thing the Arccos just eliminated the need to tag/touch to your belt each shot. The problem with Arccos is if you tap town ball marks, clank clubs together etc it will register it as a shot. I also much preferred the lower profile smaller **** in sensors/modules from gamegolf. I'd give Arccos the thumbs up on website though. I actually returned them both, I believe this technology can easily be put into an iPhone app and be linked to a watch etc.
  • danzurdanzur Members Posts: 64
    Does the Arccos product give putting stats, length of putts made, missed, etc.?

I looked at the demo and it appears it just lists "putt 1", putt2" etc...but not the length of each.
  • koakoa Advanced Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    danzur wrote:

Does the Arccos product give putting stats, length of putts made, missed, etc.?

I looked at the demo and it appears it just lists "putt 1", putt2" etc...but not the length of each.

danzur - It doesn't. It has no way of knowing where the pin is when a round is played. Hopefully, they add the ability to place the pin as an edit after the round in a future app release.
  • john123435john123435 Members Posts: 1
    Nice idea, it just doesn't work. I just want to start round put the phone in my pocket and see stats on completion of round. I found I spend more time trying to get system to work than playing. Do not go to complexes with more than one course. First you have to fight to get it to load the correct course and the it may change course somewhere in the middle of the round ( I started on Innisbrook Island course and somehow it switched me to Osprey). Maybe some day they will upgrade the software but it's just to much of a hassle to use in its present form. Especially if you play different courses.
  • RealTKRealTK Advanced Members Posts: 165
    Anyone know if you could get the app on the iwatch and just use it like that? You would basically have a Garmin or SkyCaddie on your wrist and you wouldn't have to worry about bringing your phone back and forth.
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,982 ClubWRX
    I looked at it before getting the Game Golf system. A couple of things helped me make the decision:

Cost

Having to have my phone in my pocket (per Arccos recommendations)

Not being tournament legal.

Batteries

So far I'm pretty happy with GG. It does everything I need.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • funkatationfunkatation Advanced Members Posts: 120
    They have an app that is usga approved as of last week. I just purchased after finding out. That and they said they are working on integration with Apple watch!
    Cobra F8+ Driver
    Cobra F8+ 3 wood
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP 5 Wood
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP 4 Hybrid
    Titleist 716 CB
    Callaway MD Forged 52, 56, 60
    Miura Left KM-006
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Advanced Members Posts: 790
    only downfall about it is having to remember to keep your phone fully charged.
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1
  • Ryan5508Ryan5508 Advanced Members Posts: 444 ✭✭
    I would have preferred to have the Arrcos over the Game golf. I like their product and the stats website better. The lack of an android app is a issue for me. But the biggest issue is the fact they cant even give you and estimated date on when it will even exist. And now there working on stupid things like an apple watch app. Their priorities seem way out of place for a business that probably would like to make money.

​I have been trying to hold out on getting this or game golf but finally tonight ordered the GG. image/nono.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nono:' />
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G400 Max - Kuro Kage XD 70g[/font]
    Ping G400 3w - Tour 70 Callaway Epic SZ 3w
    Ping G400 2h - Tour 80 Callaway Apex 2h
    Ping i210 PW-4i - [font=georgia, serif]DG X100 Mizuno Mp18's PW-3i[/font]
    [font=georgia, serif]Ping[/font][font=georgia, serif] [/font][font=georgia, serif]G410 3 Crossover -[/font][font=georgia, serif] Tour 80 Vokey SM6 50, 56, 60[/font]
    Ping Glide 50, 56, 60 Evnroll ER2
    [font=georgia, serif]Taylormade [/font][font=georgia, serif]Spider X [/font][font=georgia, serif]slant neck Odyssey #7 RSX[/font]
  • bitt03bitt03 Advanced Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Any concern with the weight of the sensors?
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Advanced Members Posts: 6,666 ✭✭
    Since Arccos isn't USGA approved, correct me if I am wrong, that means you can't use any score acquired while using the system for handicap input?
    I know people who do post scores and they have Arccos. Not sure why you wouldn't post a qualified 9 or 18 hole round. People over think this stuff!
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Advanced Members Posts: 6,666 ✭✭
    snagy2000 wrote:

I know people who do post scores and they have Arccos. Not sure why you wouldn't post a qualified 9 or 18 hole round. People over think this stuff!

It's not USGA legal so all rounds using the device are illegal rounds. They have recently made available a USGA conforming app. In order to make Arccos conforming a person needs to completely delete the regular Arccos app off the phone. While I don't care if people post score using the device, they shouldn't as set forth in the USGA's rules of golf.
  • matchavezmatchavez Advanced Members Posts: 4,027 ✭✭
    The USGA needs to get over themselves. If they don't embrace this stuff up front, they're going to get run over. Ping square grooves is going to happen again.
  • ParHunterParHunter Advanced Members Posts: 450
    Arccos have released a Tournament compliant app (which doesn't give you live data). So you can now use it in competitions for for handicap purpose.

• gigemaggs99gigemaggs99 Advanced Members Posts: 424
    How does Arccos account for practice swings?

Does it just show a bunch of mulligans?
    1W, 3HL, Taylormade SLDR C, Sldr
    Irons... Ping G30 4-UW
    Wedge... Cleveland 900 Low Bounce Rusty SW
    Putter...Odyssey WHP 2-ball
    Ball... Hi-viz yellow
    http://www.gamegolf....layer/gigemaggs
  • BD14BD14 Members Posts: 48

I have never had a problem with practice swings registering a shot. My understanding is that Arccos addresses practice swings in two ways:

1) the sensors attached to your club can sense impact with the ball. How it does that, I cannot say, but hitting the ground does not activate a mis-read, in my experience. There have been situations where I clanked clubs together while carrying them club head down, and a shot was registered, but it was easily deletable from the app. I have not had that happen as a result of a practice swing. To prevent clanking clubs together from registering a shot, Arccos advises to carry the clubs upside down - grip downward - which de-activates the sensors.

2) it only registers the last shot taken from any position. So, any misreads - or actual mulligans - are discarded. So, only 1 shot from each position is recorded. If you want to count the "mulligan" as a stroke - OB or something -- then you would have to go back in and add the shot to make sure your score card is accurate. It's fairly simple adding a shot, and the website has video instructions on how to do it.

All things considered, I have not had any problems with the device registering practice swings.

Generally, I find Arccos to be very easy to use and low maintenance. Most rounds I just leave my phone in my pocket and take a look after the round. While there are situations where I have to make some edits, most holes are accurate.
    BD14 wrote:

I have never had a problem with practice swings registering a shot. My understanding is that Arccos addresses practice swings in two ways:

1) the sensors attached to your club can sense impact with the ball. How it does that, I cannot say, but hitting the ground does not activate a mis-read, in my experience. There have been situations where I clanked clubs together while carrying them club head down, and a shot was registered, but it was easily deletable from the app. I have not had that happen as a result of a practice swing. To prevent clanking clubs together from registering a shot, Arccos advises to carry the clubs upside down - grip downward - which de-activates the sensors.

2) it only registers the last shot taken from any position. So, any misreads - or actual mulligans - are discarded. So, only 1 shot from each position is recorded. If you want to count the "mulligan" as a stroke - OB or something -- then you would have to go back in and add the shot to make sure your score card is accurate. It's fairly simple adding a shot, and the website has video instructions on how to do it.

All things considered, I have not had any problems with the device registering practice swings.

Generally, I find Arccos to be very easy to use and low maintenance. Most rounds I just leave my phone in my pocket and take a look after the round. While there are situations where I have to make some edits, most holes are accurate.

Does your phone have to be in your pocket? I understand it's blue-tooth so is it possible to have your phone in your bag? I like to walk the course. If I set my bag next to the green and walk off to putt will it still register?
    Irons... Ping G30 4-UW
    Ball... Hi-viz yellow
  • statmagicstatmagic Unregistered Posts: 291
    edited April 2015

BD14 wrote:

Does your phone have to be in your pocket? I understand it's blue-tooth so is it possible to have your phone in your bag? I like to walk the course. If I set my bag next to the green and walk off to putt will it still register?

I used mine for the first time yesterday (non-tournament round). I did leave the phone in my pocket the entire round and had no trouble with capturing shots.

It will take a few rounds to get used to the editing functions. I found myself paying more attention to the app than to concentrating on my game. I anticipate this will get better as I get more familiar with it.

I did follow the instructions and held my clubs (putter in particular) upside down until I was ready to putt. This seemed to help although I did have to go back and edit for a couple of holes where the device had the correct number of strokes but incorrect number of putts.

The analytics it gives you is eye-opening especially when you compare yourself to a pro like Billy Horschel. You can really see how good he is with the short game compared to a 14 cap like myself.

I feel the technology is sound and will help me identify and improve my game. I just need to spend more time with it.

I haven't tried the restricted app yet but will this weekend as I have a tournament round. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, one more thing, I have an iPhone 6 with a battery case. My battery did drain quite a lot over a round that lasted about 2.5 hours (first guy on the course). So for a round lasting 4.5 hours I would most likely have needed to turn on the battery case in order to recharge the phone's batt.
  • statmagicstatmagic Unregistered Posts: 291
    One other thing I'd like to mention about the value of this system. I've struggled for years to find a teaching pro willing to go all 18 holes for a playing lesson. If you think about it, that idea doesn't make financial sense to either party. He/She would have to charge me most of what Arccos costs to justify spending 4.5 hours watching me hack it around when they could get more customers in that same time period and build more repeat business.

Furthermore, I know that the teaching pro would not be able to give me the level of detail and analytics as Arccos. The pro would be watching for trends and/or other parameters such as course management.

I am a firm believer a good teaching pro can help your game if you can keep an open mind. I think Arccos is a great companion/supplemental piece to having a teaching pro.

For example, the data shows my trend is to miss left. Almost exclusively. Therefore, next round I'll leave my clubface a little more open without too much fear of hitting right.

That is how I plan to use this information.
  • wingfoot64wingfoot64 Advanced Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    I like using the Arccos system, the biggest help to me is it shows I don't hit the ball as far I thought I did. I have alignment problems and it was nice to see in the stats how much I hit left of the pin. Used an aligmnent rod at the range and wow that improved my shots.

When you first use it. I found myself playing with it a lot during a round and drained the battery pretty low but I have a small charger that I can connect to it and keep it in my pocket without bothering me. Now that I am familiar with it I dont have to tinker with it as much and can edit if needed pretty quickly.

For the people wanting know if you can keep it on your push cart instead of your pocket I have found you can leave it on the push cart. I haven't had any problems with it not connecting. I still keep it on me while playing and using golf cart.

I love the system and it satifies the gadget freak in me.
  • Lefty Light HItterLefty Light HItter Advanced Members Posts: 1,403
    I've had some issues with it, but seeing now that it is most likely me. Lots of ghost shots and incorrect locations for around the greens.

I've been carrying multiple clubs, tossing them on the ground when I pick my club and always keeping my putter right side up while waiting to putt or on someone to finish out.

Until I read this I was thinking of switching back to Game Golf.
    In search of solid contact...
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Advanced Members Posts: 1,578 ✭✭
    I've now had two rounds with this device so far. Practice swings doesn't affect my score and I dont have to edit shots. Best to follow the method Arccos advised, which is to hold clubs upside down before using. I've only had to fix my putts as if i missed it, i just pick it up when its a gimme.

I love it so far. Shows me my weakness and my actual distances. I can start working on where I'm missing or fixing my alignment / swing. I think the first time I used it, i was too focused on the device on my club and my game was affected a bit. My next game, defintely didnt bother me.

If you're on the fence about it and love stats / info about your game, Get this! It'll break down your round / game / clubs for you statiscally. And like anything, you can take it for what its worth, just like getting a golf lesson, the feedback is great from a pro, but its up to the person to utilize that info to help your game or not.
    Still no love from Arccos for android users...IMO, they have their heads stuck pretty far up Apple's butt...They'd much rather promote Apple's stupid watch, then make their product available to a larger audience... image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
  • SushiyoshiSushiyoshi Advanced Members Posts: 1,180 ✭✭
    Can you use this at the range?

Is there separate data for range sessions or only for actual play?
  • golfref66golfref66 Members Posts: 5
    bjp1 wrote:

Have about 6 rounds in with mine, and really satisfied so far. Not much of anything to do but play. I occasionally check that the tap-in's recorded, but not much else to do. After 10+ years of recording stats, the only downside I find is not being able to identify where the flag is, or brig able to properly identify first putt distance. With that said, I still keep that detail so that I can input that into Shot-by-Shot.

bjp1, do you have any additional thoughts about ARCCOS now that some months have passed? I'm one of those guys still on the fence but leaning towards ARCCOS.

When it's cart path only and you have to carry a few clubs across the fairway to save time, does it still actually cause a problem with the ARCCOS shot tracking when you lay the non-used clubs down and they happen to tap each other?

If you or anyone is interested, it would surely be beneficial to me to get your thoughts on this:

It seems that the data/statistics from the PGA Tour Shot Tracker is a standard one could measure ARRCOS against. Assumming Shot Tracker has essentially unbounded resources to provide any type of stats (and ARCCOS doesn't), can you put into relative perspective what you get (and can get) from ARCCOS?

Thanks in advance!
  • golfref66golfref66 Members Posts: 5
    It would surely be beneficial to me to get your thoughts on this:

It seems that the data/statistics from the PGA Tour Shot Tracker is a standard one could measure ARRCOS against. Assumming Shot Tracker has essentially unbounded resources to provide any type of stats (and ARCCOS doesn't), can you put into relative perspective what you get (and can get) from ARCCOS?

Thanks in advance!
  • Lefty Light HItterLefty Light HItter Advanced Members Posts: 1,403
    wingfoot64 wrote:

I like using the Arccos system, the biggest help to me is it shows I don't hit the ball as far I thought I did.

Definitely shows that if the GPS is correct. I had some nuked drives in the past on certain holes that I was sure were around 320, but so far 302 was the longest on that hole. Iron distances were much closer to what I had expected which is the way I would expect it to be.
    In search of solid contact...
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Advanced Members Posts: 1,578 ✭✭
    golfref66 wrote:

bjp1 wrote:

bjp1, do you have any additional thoughts about ARCCOS now that some months have passed? I'm one of those guys still on the fence but leaning towards ARCCOS.

When it's cart path only and you have to carry a few clubs across the fairway to save time, does it still actually cause a problem with the ARCCOS shot tracking when you lay the non-used clubs down and they happen to tap each other?

If you or anyone is interested, it would surely be beneficial to me to get your thoughts on this:

Thanks in advance!

I can answer the question you posted in bold. If you bring multiple clubs to your shot in cart path only, it won't interfere with Arccos recording the shot. The only time a shot will be entered is, when the club's handle is facing up (turns on the sensor and pairs with your phone), and once your shot is taking, the sensor gets the impact and marks the shot being taken. Once done with the shot, keep all club handles facing downward (to turn off the sensor).

I've played a few holes when its cart path only and had to bring a few clubs. It did not interfere with my shot entry to arccos at all.

Hope this helps and makes sense. If you loves statistics and want to know more about your game and distances, this is definitely a great tool.

Sushiyoshi wrote:

The data is only for actual play. Essentially, the arccos tag on each club activates / turns on when the club's handle is facing up and knows when to start tracking from moment of impact. So trying to use this at the range won't work as it will only know the distance of the shot when you take your next shot from where the ball landed.
    Golf Galaxy is currently running a special right now where you can get this for $249 ($299-$50 promotional code).
    Sushiyoshi wrote:

This is one nice thing about a laser range finder. You can shoot targets on the range, then hit some balls to several different targets to get some yardages/clubs dialed in.
    Irons... Ping G30 4-UW
    Ball... Hi-viz yellow
  • jml4jml4 Advanced Members Posts: 487
    What happens if I track stats, and then get a new club, like driver? Does anyone know if you can make note of that to differentiate the stats?
    M1 9.5* | Red Tie
    913f 15* | Diamana Blue
    Vapor Fly 20*
    z765 4-PW | Modus 120
    Engage 50* SS

Engage 54* TS
    Cally PM Grind 58*
    Golo 5

----
    Old WITB Link
  • MSchadMSchad Advanced Members Posts: 299
    edited May 2015
    Got Arccos last week and have played twice so far. Have GameGolf also. (2 yrs), and let me say I much prefer Arccos. I just couldn't get tapping built into my routine with GG. I have a skycaddie so I haven't used the Arccos system for yardage, except to compare to the skycaddie during my first round. +-2 yds. The second round I just turned it on and didn't look at it again. It didn't miss a shot! Did have to remove 2 phantom shots but the editing is so easy. By using the phones gps, it is much more accurate. it doesn't show me all over the course like GG did. I was constantly editing where I took shots in GG. I also like the fact you don't have to connect to a computer to up load rounds or edit. Just use the phone app. Lastly the stats are awesome! I love the handicapping the various aspects of your game; driving, approach, pitch/chip and putting.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade M2[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike CPR 26*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Arccos Game Tracker[/font]