We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Jones Bag Users

1131416181921
21

Comments

  • slide13slide13  1338Members Posts: 1,338
    Joined:  #452
    hmw2004 wrote:




    Please post some good pics and review. That is pretty similar to the setup I want to go with.




    Will do, looks like bag will be here Wed.
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer  1582Members Posts: 1,582
    Joined:  #453
    Anyone use the single strap players bag, not the original?
    Posted:
  • jslane57jslane57  3929Members Posts: 3,929
    Joined:  #454


    Anyone use the single strap players bag, not the original?
    I've got one. It is light, comfortable, and does just what it should. My only beef with it is that it is too tall. My 34 in putter falls all the way in the bag.
    Posted:
  • slide13slide13  1338Members Posts: 1,338
    Joined:  #455
    Here is the bag and my head covers, listed above. I was afraid the muted headcovers wouldn’t work with the brighter blue bag, but I actually really like them together. Looks better in person actually, light wasn’t great for the pic.
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • wilbur.kaywilbur.kay  94Members Posts: 94
    Joined:  #456
    I maintain that the Jones and Seamus combination is the best one out there for purity and class in a golf bag.



    I also love the new Jones luggage and accessories (though I could take or leave the caps and t-shirts) if anyone has picks of those?
    Posted:
    WITB 2017
    TM M1 '17 Tensei Blue X
    TM M2 15* KK X
    TM M3 3Hy Tensei Blue S
    TM P770 PX 6.0 3-PW Z grips
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
    TM Spider Tour DJ
    TM TP5
  • shortgame85shortgame85  750Members Posts: 750
    Joined:  #457
    slide13 wrote:


    Here is the bag and my head covers, listed above. I was afraid the muted headcovers wouldn't work with the brighter blue bag, but I actually really like them together. Looks better in person actually, light wasn't great for the pic.


    Great look. Well chosen.
    Posted:
    G25 10.5
    X2 Hot 3 Wood
    X2 Hot 5 Wood
    G25 20 and 23 degree hybrids
    G25 5 - GW
    Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
    SC Futura X 33 "
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer  1582Members Posts: 1,582
    Joined:  #458
    [background=transparent]I'm thinking of my next Jones Bag.[/background]




    [background=transparent]For this one I'm going with a navy players bag, and some custom designed headcovers with my family tartan. I love my original, but i like the solid colors as well. what do you think?[/background]


    Posted:
  • slide13slide13  1338Members Posts: 1,338
    Joined:  #459
    That looks really good!



    I'm a big fan of navy on navy, that is what my Mackenzie ballistic walker is and I've been very happy with the color.
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  #460
    I was going to start a separate thread but then spied this one.



    I ordered a Player's Series #005 carry bag from Jones last year. I wanted to carry to get some exercise (wifey says if I carry my bag on the course then I don't have to go to the gym image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ). Unfortunately, I found that after a round (well, actually, 9 holes, I'm not good enough for an 18-hole course) I have a black stain on my polo's shoulder where the strap rests. No doubt when I sweat the moisture causes the inner black pad on the strap to bleed, but the problem is those stains DON'T wash out. I figured a company like Jones would design the bag to be carried and use materials that didn't cause this (I'm OK washing the shirts, I just don't want the stain to be permanent). Before I go out this season to embarrass myself yet again, does anyone else experience this (I can't imagine it's just me) and, if so, is there something I can do to mitigate the problem? Maybe spray a sealer of some sort on the pad?



    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • slide13slide13  1338Members Posts: 1,338
    Joined:  #461
    This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.



    Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.



    If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.
    Posted:
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  edited Apr 14, 2018 #462
    slide13 wrote:


    This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.



    Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.



    If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.




    Yea, I probably should get in touch with Jones. Frankly, this started early last season (from the first time I used the bag) and persisted until I stopped playing late November 2017. I don't think it's going away, unfortunately (unless all the dye comes out of the pad). I really love the bag; dark green/tan, just like I wanted, had my initials put on it (so golfers know who not to play with image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />), not much structure and laying it on the grass does have its downsides, but all in all I'm happy, EXCEPT......



    Thanks for the thoughts. If I DO get an answer from Jones I'll post it here, just for amusement.
    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 905ClubWRX Posts: 905
    Joined:  #463


    [background=transparent]I'm thinking of my next Jones Bag.[/background]





    [background=transparent]For this one I'm going with a navy players bag, and some custom designed headcovers with my family tartan. I love my original, but i like the solid colors as well. what do you think?[/background]





    ummm...I think it looks kinda' like my setup :-) NICE!

    Posted:
  • Dubv23Dubv23  722Members Posts: 722
    Joined:  #464
    How do you guys like to organize your clubs in your Stand bags? Before I got my Jones I had a 14 way bag that I would put my woods down the left side. Putter top right and then irons -wedges in remaining spots.



    Seems as if the common practice here is woods and putter up top, then irons, then wedges?



    Does anyone put the woods down the left side mixed in with irons? I'm going to experiment with this setup. I am however concerned that the graphite shafts can get damaged being mixed in with steel shafts...is that an issue?



    a1c4d5f2b332b686348efcb3710d751b.jpg
    Posted:
  • Hat TrickHat Trick  569Members Posts: 569
    Joined:  #465
    nlk10010 wrote:

    slide13 wrote:


    This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.



    Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.



    If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.




    Yea, I probably should get in touch with Jones. Frankly, this started early last season (from the first time I used the bag) and persisted until I stopped playing late November 2017. I don't think it's going away, unfortunately (unless all the dye comes out of the pad). I really love the bag; dark green/tan, just like I wanted, had my initials put on it (so golfers know who not to play with image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />), not much structure and laying it on the grass does have its downsides, but all in all I'm happy, EXCEPT......



    Thanks for the thoughts. If I DO get an answer from Jones I'll post it here, just for amusement.






    Maybe you could hand wash the strap and let it air dry... just like that first wash with blue jeans. Might take the dye out.
    Posted:
  • caniac6caniac6  3072Members Posts: 3,072
    Joined:  #466
    I took my Jones bag to Play it Again Sports. I play early, and the bag got wet when I put it down, and then I got wet. Not practical for me.
    Posted:
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  edited Apr 15, 2018 #467
    Hat Trick wrote:

    nlk10010 wrote:

    slide13 wrote:


    This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.



    Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.



    If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.




    Yea, I probably should get in touch with Jones. Frankly, this started early last season (from the first time I used the bag) and persisted until I stopped playing late November 2017. I don't think it's going away, unfortunately (unless all the dye comes out of the pad). I really love the bag; dark green/tan, just like I wanted, had my initials put on it (so golfers know who not to play with image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />), not much structure and laying it on the grass does have its downsides, but all in all I'm happy, EXCEPT......



    Thanks for the thoughts. If I DO get an answer from Jones I'll post it here, just for amusement.






    Maybe you could hand wash the strap and let it air dry... just like that first wash with blue jeans. Might take the dye out.




    Thanks for the suggestion, I think in fact I'VE been the washing machine up to now. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> That may be my last resort option, though.



    Who knows, I've contacted Jones, let me see what they say. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.



    Strangely enough, this reminds me of an incident a LOOONG time ago (say, 50 years) when my father was running an import trucking business and one of his clients got in a load of raincoats made in Japan. They looked great and were well-priced; only one thing, though: When they got went they smelled like fish. At least my bag doesn't suffer from THAT problem (not yet, anyway).
    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  #468
    caniac6 wrote:


    I took my Jones bag to Play it Again Sports. I play early, and the bag got wet when I put it down, and then I got wet. Not practical for me.




    I've got a better one for you: Where I golf there are more geese than people.



    'Nuff said. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • dan360dan360 Paisano  5414Members Posts: 5,414
    Joined:  edited Apr 15, 2018 #469
    "I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."



    "I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."





    Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.
    Posted:
    WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • caniac6caniac6  3072Members Posts: 3,072
    Joined:  #470
    dan360 wrote:


    "I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."



    "I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."





    Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.
    I guess it was like I said, the bag didn't fit my needs.
    Posted:
  • jslane57jslane57  3929Members Posts: 3,929
    Joined:  #471
    caniac6 wrote:

    dan360 wrote:


    "I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."



    "I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."





    Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.
    I guess it was like I said, the bag didn't fit my needs.
    Back in the 1980's/1900's when Jones bags were very popular, this was always a problem. They were horrible for winter golf. Folks would make wooden stands for their bags and such. This is exactly the same today. Of course the utility bag has legs as do most carry bags today. I think this thread can handle the realization that the Players Series and original bags are not a great choice for morning rounds in the dew or in the rain. It's all good, I love my Jones bags...
    Posted:
  • KSPKSP  161Members Posts: 161
    Joined:  #472
    nlk10010 wrote:
    I was going to start a separate thread but then spied this one.



    I ordered a Player's Series #005 carry bag from Jones last year. I wanted to carry to get some exercise (wifey says if I carry my bag on the course then I don't have to go to the gym image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ). Unfortunately, I found that after a round (well, actually, 9 holes, I'm not good enough for an 18-hole course) I have a black stain on my polo's shoulder where the strap rests. No doubt when I sweat the moisture causes the inner black pad on the strap to bleed, but the problem is those stains DON'T wash out. I figured a company like Jones would design the bag to be carried and use materials that didn't cause this (I'm OK washing the shirts, I just don't want the stain to be permanent). Before I go out this season to embarrass myself yet again, does anyone else experience this (I can't imagine it's just me) and, if so, is there something I can do to mitigate the problem? Maybe spray a sealer of some sort on the pad?



    Thanks in advance for any info.




    Do you happen to have any pics of your green and brown players bag??



    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  #473
    I don’t, but Jones customer service wants to see pictures of the strap pad and the transfer onto my shirts. When I take those I’ll take one of the bag itself.
    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • NixLix26NixLix26  354Members Posts: 354
    Joined:  #474
    I bought an original Jones bag 16 months ago. Then I fell and shattered my ankle. Anyway now 16 months later I can handle walking a bit more with my new limited mobility. I love the bag and already want to add a navy Players Series to my collection.

    I have always liked lighter carry bags even when having to ride a cart. I hate the space a large bag takes up. I’ll be looking for the next sale on the Jones website. Hopefully this 4th of July41cb9eaa759be0be24234b34ca68641f.jpg
    Posted:
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TITLEIST - 905R
    SRIXON  - H45 16*
    MIZUNO - TZoid Pro II 2iron
    SRIXON - ZU85  4iron
    NEW LEVEL - 623M  5-PW
    BRIDGESTONE - 52
    CLEVELAND - 588 60*
    TITLEIST SC - NEWPORT

    [/size]

    https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • williazawilliaza  274Members Posts: 274
    Joined:  #475
    Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.



    Currently use the Jones Utility bag on occasion...love it
    Posted:
  • nlk10010nlk10010  344Members Posts: 344
    Joined:  #476
    KSP wrote:


    Do you happen to have any pics of your green and brown players bag??



    image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Here you go:



    Posted:
    "The company loves its money. If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

    Professional golf swing crash test dummy. Please do not try at home (e.g. on a simulator) what you see me do on a closed course.

  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 905ClubWRX Posts: 905
    Joined:  #477
    williaza wrote:


    Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.



    Currently use the Jones Utility bag on occasion...love it


    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • williazawilliaza  274Members Posts: 274
    Joined:  #478
    Steelhead wrote:

    williaza wrote:


    Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.



    Currently use the Jones Utility bag on occasion...love it






    That looks awesome. exactly what i want...how do you like the set up?
    Posted:
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 905ClubWRX Posts: 905
    Joined:  #479
    williaza wrote:

    Steelhead wrote:

    williaza wrote:


    Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.



    Currently use the Jones Utility bag on occasion...love it






    That looks awesome. exactly what i want...how do you like the set up?


    It's nice! Light and easy to use.
    Posted:
  • williazawilliaza  274Members Posts: 274
    Joined:  #480
    Giving this the hard ponder again.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mallratmallrat  3075Members Posts: 3,075
    Joined:  #481
    Had mine for a little over 6 months. Great bag and quality is second to none.



    That said, it’s not an everyday bag for me. Fussing with the clubs gets old.
    Posted:
21

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.