ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges

12346»

Comments

• michamicha Advanced Members Posts: 520
    Dunny51 wrote:

I like my MG wedges so far but I bought them used and with the wrong shafts. I have 50, 54, 58. On chip shots around the green I feel like I'm not getting the height I got on my old 56 RAC wedge. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

Newer wedges with fresh grooves seem to launch lower and spin more around greens for me. That could be the reason
  • mesegrnmesegrn mesegrn Advanced Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭
    Are these easy to bend? If you remove the shafts do it effect the bore-thru design or is that just weight removed with a plastic insert in place that's not connected throughout the entire hosel?
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Advanced Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    mesegrn wrote:

Are these easy to bend? If you remove the shafts do it effect the bore-thru design or is that just weight removed with a plastic insert in place that's not connected throughout the entire hosel?

They are easy to bend, yes. And as for that red rubber piece, it seems like its just for looks. These are not bore through hosels. Same insertion depth as a Vokey
  • tbrumbeloe13tbrumbeloe13 Advanced Members Posts: 669 ✭✭
  • leric90leric90 Advanced Members Posts: 284

how do they feel? im really debating between the raw and black finishes
    edited July 2018
    leric90 wrote:

They feel awesome. I had the chrome ones before, and these feel like a completely different wedge. Also, I had Nike VR Forged wedges before the chrome ****, and these feel very close to those. I was very impressed with the feel. I heard that the raw felt better than all the others, but I didn't think they'd be this good.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

leric90 wrote:

They feel awesome. I had the chrome ones before, and these feel like a completely different wedge. Also, I had Nike VR Forged wedges before the chrome ****, and these feel very close to those. I was very impressed with the feel. I heard that the raw felt better than all the others, but I didn't think they'd be this good.

awesome! i will have to order a couple image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    I'm not impressed with the feel of these just yet. Coming from Mizuno MP T11 wedges, it will take some getting use to. I love the grind as it reminds me of the T11s.
    Which of these wedges are the softest? I figure the raw or black since they rust.
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Advanced Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    mesegrn wrote:

I'm not impressed with the feel of these just yet. Coming from Mizuno MP T11 wedges, it will take some getting use to. I love the grind as it reminds me of the T11s.

It took me probably 3 weeks of playing or so to get used to the different feel vs my Vokeys. I love these now though.
    edited July 2018
    Maybe a shaft change would help me like the feel a little better.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    mesegrn wrote:
    Which of these wedges are the softest? I figure the raw or black since they rust.
    I know the raw are the softest by far. I would assume the black are softer than the chrome, but not sure about that.
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Advanced Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    Lesmond wrote:

Picked this up in the used wedge bin at my local golf shop for $79. Will definitely try out this weekend on the course.

F1315_C40_D7_A0_49_DB_B756_FFABD5_C545_F9.jpg

Does the finish wear out quickly? I'm looking for something that has a raw finish and I'm not sure if this'll fit the bill...
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,966 ClubWRX
    pierso2 wrote:

Does the finish wear out quickly? I'm looking for something that has a raw finish and I'm not sure if this'll fit the bill...

It wears out fairly quickly in areas that are making contact with turf, like the sole and the impact area on the face. But the rest of the finish ages into a darker patina. The image you quoted is a pretty good example of what it looks like over time.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Pro White 60 S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-760 3, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade P-770 4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60 (58), DG S400
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Advanced Members Posts: 621
    cgasucks wrote:
    I wish they would bring back the XFT wedge again, especially the replaceable inserts. They would make long term $$$ from the insert sales alone.

showcase-lg.jpg

I used to have these with a spare set of faces. The reason they didn’t hang around long, according to my club pro at the time, was that the big golf stores complained that people would buy faces not wedges and they’d make less money, so some stores just stopped stocking them.

I don’t know how true this is, but I actually liked the xft wedges and had bought them as I could just change the face.
    Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Mizuno MX700 18° with NVS
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-UW
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 54° (satin) and 60° (black)
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    Taylormade TP5

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • andrsmilandrsmil Members Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    Why is the raw finish not available in the UK? I would happily replace my 50, 54 & 58 and even pay to get them reshafted 😭
  • MinaretsMinarets Advanced Members Posts: 3,823 ✭✭
    No one using the black? The bronze or black would be all i consider. I hate chrome and the raw would be too chrome-ee for too long.

I’m thinking of the hi-toe in 58 and then one of these in a 53.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • C-radC-rad Advanced Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭
    I like my sm6 but if i would make a change, it would be the milled grind in 50, 54 in dark and the 60 hi toe. Seriously want to change.... need to stop buying golf club!
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
    I really don’t know where to turn this year on wedges. I guess, most, of not all are pretty great. I’ve used the original Glides for the last two years and really liked them. Currently using some Maltby and they are the best full swing wedges I’ve used to date but I do not like the short chip shots with them. The 20 yard and in stuff is hard for me to control. Especially a flop.

The SM7, t7, Mac daddy, Glides 2.0(stealth) and these TM all have my attention. I really am interested in the hi toe 58°. I only play 2 wedges and my OCD won’t let me play 2 different manufacturers. The bronze 54 bent to 53° has my attention as well.

Or maybe give my first attempt at a vokey?
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 HOOK 'EM ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,571 ClubWRX
    Minarets wrote:

No one using the black? The bronze or black would be all i consider. I hate chrome and the raw would be too chrome-ee for too long.

Go play a round early in the morning and then wrap the heads in a towel afterwards - they won't be chromey for long
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100[/font] | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Minarets wrote:

Go play a round early in the morning and then wrap the heads in a towel afterwards - they won't be chromey for long
    Those pictures I posted above are after 1 solid day of practicing with them. After a week at the humid PGA National last week, they are covered in rust. They didn't stay clean for as long as I expected, and I like that.
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Minarets wrote:

Those pictures I posted above are after 1 solid day of practicing with them. After a week at the humid PGA National last week, they are covered in rust. They didn't stay clean for as long as I expected, and I like that.
    I think the bronze looks better, personally. But overall, are you still satisfied with these?
    Minarets wrote:

cvhookem63 wrote:

Minarets wrote:

I think the bronze looks better, personally. But overall, are you still satisfied with these?
    Absolutely. I guess depending on the weather where you are, they can rust differently. If it's humid, the whole wedge will turn a light brown that looks a lot like the bronze actually. But in more normal weather, you can get the more spotted rust look that I like. I'd heard the feel on the raw was softer then the chrome/bronze/black ones, and I can say they're definitely softer than the chrome. To me I like that I can control how much and where they rust to get the look just right. If I don't want as much rust, I just hit a few bunker shots and they look almost just like they did out of the box.
    wow i got the rusted MG's and these are money. to me they are noticeably softer and they look a little more sleek.

I currently have the 60 in antique bronze but the grooves are wearing thing. Do you guys have any suggestions on which finish will retain the grooves the longest?
    leric90 wrote:
    wow i got the rusted MG's and these are money. to me they are noticeably softer and they look a little more sleek.

I currently have the 60 in antique bronze but the grooves are wearing thing. Do you guys have any suggestions on which finish will retain the grooves the longest?
    the raw are softer than the bronze?
    Minarets wrote:

leric90 wrote:

the raw are softer than the bronze?

yeah by a mile
    Does everyone went with the high toe as their lob wedge? Looks very intriguing
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Advanced Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    jonn443 wrote:

stevemac wrote:

These are truly great wedges. Just picked upthe hi toe. Oh wow. It is awesome. I have the Ping 2 black in the Es and had a PM. I love this wedge!!

Why...

What makes this different then the PM

I'm interested in a Hi Toe comparison with PM grind and Glide ES too
    C-rad wrote:

I would assume. It’s only available in 58° and 60° and 64°
    Minarets wrote:
    C-rad wrote:

my question was more in relation with choosing the high toe or the standard milled grind as a lob wedge.
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
    C-rad wrote:
    Minarets wrote:
    C-rad wrote:

my question was more in relation with choosing the high toe or the standard milled grind as a lob wedge.
    gotya. Sorry about that.

jonn443 wrote:

stevemac wrote:

These are truly great wedges. Just picked upthe hi toe. Oh wow. It is awesome. I have the Ping 2 black in the Es and had a PM. I love this wedge!!

Why...

OK I'm going to answer my own question as just ordered a 60 degree HT and already have the ES
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Advanced Members Posts: 709 ✭✭

jonn443 wrote:

stevemac wrote:

Why...

OK I'm going to answer my own question as just ordered a 60 degree HT and already have the ES

Have not played the ES but played the PM a bunch and the HT all of this season. I love the PM and the HT. Others say different but to me the HT feels heavier(which I favor for flop shots) at the bottom and more solid. There is no spring feel on any of the current TM wedges but they are all heavy, solid, and absolute repeatable as far as distance. I am also in the minority in that I love hitting full shots with the PM and the HT. Their shape sets up to my eye and if you like to play full wedge shots back in your stance they are money IMO. I will go HT again when I buy my next lob. I sure wish I could get one in a 54 or 56.
    Taylormade 2017 M2 with Hzrdus stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff [font=arial, sans-serif]Oban Kiyoshi[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Tour Limited[/font]
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z945 with Recoil 110 F4 5i - PW
    Taylormade Milled grind 52 with Recoil 110 F4
    Callaway PM 56 & 60 with SteelFiber R
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 64 with SteelFiber R

Taylormade Spider X

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 HOOK 'EM ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,571 ClubWRX
    Looks like Hi Toe wedges are out there in non-lob-wedge lofts. It doesn't look like the toe is quite as HI on these. I'm guessing they are somewhere between a standard shape and the Hi Toe shape but with grooves all the way across the face.

TjVG6LO.png
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100[/font] | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    This could be good timing. I'm still waiting on my lob wedge, but assuming that goes well then I'm looking to fill the spot of gap and sand wedge that the Glide 1.0's are about to give up.

Presumably it will be a few weeks / months before the stronger lofts come to retail, as they seem to feed product to the pros a fair while ahead of a release to create a buzz
  • chickman1313chickman1313 Advanced Members Posts: 317
    I'm confused on the grinds on these, is it just based off of bounce? I am used to vokeys, have Sm5s, 52 F grind and 56 M grind, what would be comparable?
    Driver: TM M4 10.5*
    3 Wood: M4 15*
    5 Wood: M4 18*
    3-PW: Callaway Apex Pro
    52*, 56*: Vokey SM5
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Notchback
    cvhookem63 wrote:
    Looks like Hi Toe wedges are out there in non-lob-wedge lofts. It doesn't look like the toe is quite as HI on these. I'm guessing they are somewhere between a standard shape and the Hi Toe shape but with grooves all the way across the face.

TjVG6LO.png
    yes yes yes
  • stanger37stanger37 Advanced Members Posts: 322 ✭✭

I'm confused on the grinds on these, is it just based off of bounce? I am used to vokeys, have Sm5s, 52 F grind and 56 M grind, what would be comparable?

If they're anything like the current MG wedges, they're 3 bounces. High, Standard, Low. This site somewhat shows the 'grinds'

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-reviews/taylormade-milled-grind-wedge-review-3771.aspx

as far as the Hi-Toe, it has more of an ATV grind, not sure which grind in the vokey it is compared to.

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-reviews/taylormade-milled-grind-hi-toe-wedge-review-3973.aspx

seems like these are more of standard bounce, I do notice there is a 54/10 in the new pictures that is not currently available.
    Nike Vapor Fly Driver 9.5*
    ]Nike Vapor Fly 3W 15*
    Nike Vapor Fly 7W 21*
    Taylormade PSI 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 52/10
    Cleveland CG15 56/14
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Odyessy O-Works #7
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Advanced Members Posts: 6,337 ✭✭
    Neige wrote:

bhard315 wrote:

cgasucks wrote:

I wish they would bring back the XFT wedge again, especially the replaceable inserts. They would make long term $$$ from the insert sales alone.

showcase-lg.jpg

Love those wedges. Have both the 58/09 and the 58/12 wedges. S400 shafts in both. Also have 12 total replacement faces. Will be using these wedges for the rest of my golfing life haha.

Same for me with 52, 56, and 58*. Maybe its the kbs wedge shaft, but they work well.

Still gaming the xFT's i bought a **** ton of faces.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

They have 3 bounce/grind options. The Low Bounce has a C grind that is like the Vokey L or M grind. The Standard Bounce has some heel relief for open faced shots, but none in the toe. I'm guessing it would play somewhere between the M and the S. The High Bounce has a full sole-Vokey F grind. So yes, depending on the bounce you want you will get a different grind.
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Advanced Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    I picked up a 56° High Bounce and I am absolutely in love. I have been trying Taylormade Products in the last couple months and have been pleasantly surprised on how well I get along with the irons and wedges. I usually took the "TM only makes good woods" but this is probably my favorite wedge outside of the Nike Engage Toe Sweep back in the day.

Right now I'm in a bind, I usually doing get along with lofts above 56 degrees, but my set gap wedge is 50° and I love the distance it goes, so do I try for a very specialized, seldom used 60° high-toe?
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • LesmondLesmond Advanced Members Posts: 11,300 ✭✭
    Picked this up today for $69.

Came with DG tour-issue s400. Put in a new NDMC grip.

E7-DC2841-7344-4022-8-DC2-08-FFE31-BC6-D6.jpg

AAD394-C9-013-E-4-FBC-B789-7-EFF231-B6455.jpg
    TaylorMade M3 Driver 9.5*
    TaylorMade M6 FWY 15*
    TaylorMade M3 FWY 18*

Titleist 718 T-MB 4
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX4 (Raw) 50* mid, 54* mid, 58* mid
    Nike Method Prototype 006 Rory Mcilroy
    21Pd3+4L8HL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
    I ordered a black milled grind wedge with nippon black wedge shaft. Looking forward to using it.
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage

• agoodmanmbkagoodmanmbk Advanced Members Posts: 393 ✭✭
    I miss these beauties. Should have never sold mine. Really hard to find new/gently used ones nowadays.....+1 on the xFT's awesome wedge and spun like crazy

grinds.jpg
    Titleist TS2 Tensei Pro White 60
    Titleist TS2 14.25* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70
    PING G410 19* Tensei Pro Blue 80
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*SS/60*SS
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
    TaylorMade TP5
    I miss these beauties. Should have never sold mine. Really hard to find new/gently used ones nowadays.....+1 on the xFT's awesome wedge and spun like crazy

grinds.jpg

I have one of those as a backup 58 degree wedge, smooth feel.

I have a whole set of xFT 50,54 and 58. Still use the 50 degree and love it
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage

• agoodmanmbkagoodmanmbk Advanced Members Posts: 393 ✭✭
    sheppy335 wrote:

grinds.jpg

I have one of those as a backup 58 degree wedge, smooth feel.

I have a whole set of xFT 50,54 and 58. Still use the 50 degree and love it

Thats awesome...Those xFT's are even harder to find!
    Titleist TS2 Tensei Pro White 60
    Titleist TS2 14.25* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70
    PING G410 19* Tensei Pro Blue 80
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 56*SS/60*SS
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
    TaylorMade TP5
  • hackalothackalot Advanced Members Posts: 511
    Are these wedges discontinued? See closeout prices and limited ordering options. A replacement about to be released maybe??
    Cobra Fly-Z+
    Titleist 913hd 18 deg
    Ping S55 3-pw x100
    Titleist SM6 54 & 58
    Scotty Newport 2
12346»