Skycaddie SX500

12345679»

Comments

• J-ROJ-RO Members Posts: 17
    The lettering asking if you have finished the hole and do you want to power off should be larger.
  • UnderParfectUnderParfect Farmington Hills MIMembers Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I am able to use DMD in my golf competitions as long as they do not show slope, wind, or weather. I don’t see that the sx500 shows wind or weather but does it show slope? If so, are you able to turn off slope. I currently use my phone with the 18Birdies app and I am able to turn on tournament mode. I would like to not have to use my phone but I need a way to turn off features and I’m not sure sky caddie has that ability.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Evenflow White 65g 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Evenflow White 75g 6.0
    Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
    Titleist AP3 5-7 & 716 AP2 8-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
    Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black T-Line / SS GT1.0 CC
    Taylormade TP5x
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    Didn't know SkyCaddie was still in business.

I had a few versions, up to SG3 (?), then carts got GPS as standard equipment and with cell phone apps, and lasers, never thought about getting another.

Glad they work for y'all.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,540 ✭✭

I am able to use DMD in my golf competitions as long as they do not show slope, wind, or weather. I don't see that the sx500 shows wind or weather but does it show slope? If so, are you able to turn off slope. I currently use my phone with the 18Birdies app and I am able to turn on tournament mode. I would like to not have to use my phone but I need a way to turn off features and I'm not sure sky caddie has that ability.

No slope

https://marketing2.skygolf.com/www/INT/sites/default/files/support/products/user_guides/SkyCaddieSX500_UserGuide_REV082018.pdf
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭

I am able to use DMD in my golf competitions as long as they do not show slope, wind, or weather. I don’t see that the sx500 shows wind or weather but does it show slope? If so, are you able to turn off slope. I currently use my phone with the 18Birdies app and I am able to turn on tournament mode. I would like to not have to use my phone but I need a way to turn off features and I’m not sure sky caddie has that ability.

There is no slope but you do have to turn off the club recommendation option to keep it conforming. The more I use my SX500, the more I like it. The screen is easy to read and speedy. The battery life is outstanding. Also new Skycaddies usually have software issues when it is first released. There has only been very minor updates and even new features added since its release. The one recommendation I would make is to not get their device mounts that they sell.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    GSDriver wrote:

Didn't know SkyCaddie was still in business.

I had a few versions, up to SG3 (?), then carts got GPS as standard equipment and with cell phone apps, and lasers, never thought about getting another.

Glad they work for y'all.

Since getting my SX500, my laser is collecting dust.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • toddnttoddnt Members Posts: 4,270 ✭✭
    Weird they've had this out for so long and no dedicated accessories yet.
  • Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff ChicagoMembers Posts: 897 ✭✭
    I connected to my computer yesterday for the first time in a few months and found two new features had been added in December; Shot Tracking and Intellipath.

https://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/support/viewtopic.php?t=17385&8468bed28a3206fa01829c8e05f0ba79

https://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/support/viewtopic.php?t=17386&8468bed28a3206fa01829c8e05f0ba79

Is anyone using these?

If someone is looking for an extra cable, I got this one to work by removing some of the plastic below the tip with an x-acto knife since it’s only 8mm vs the 9mm of the supplied cable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1M63Q9/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• BrendanHBrendanH Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Has anyone found a decent screen protector for this yet? Skygolf do not offer one but surely there is a good fit out there from a phone?
  • BrendanHBrendanH Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    BrendanH said:
    Has anyone found a decent screen protector for this yet? Skygolf do not offer one but surely there is a good fit out there from a phone?
    I'm back to answer my own question. Hopefully this will help some other owners.
    After posting above, I continued my search and found this one website that seemed to be offering a custom SX500 screen protector:

http://lexerd.com/SKY-Caddie-SX500-GPS-Screen-Protector

The product page did not show an image specific to the SX500 so I was not entirely confident it would be a properly custom cut piece, but I figured I would give it a shot. I just received it today and it has worked out quite well. It is cut to the odd shape of the SX500 screen, although it does not reach all the way out to the edges. My installation alignment was not great as you will see from the pics, but I decided not to try again as I somehow managed to avoid dust particles and air bubbles the first time around and I didn't want to tempt fate. The touch screen functions perfectly with the protector in place, so all in all this is a good buy. I chose the "Crystal Clear" option so I cannot comment on the Anti-glare model also available at the same page.

Anyway, if you are looking for a screen protector this one works very nicely.

• moosehead222moosehead222 Moosehead Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

I believe SkyCaddie got it right with the SX500. Thank you. I have only had it for 2 rounds but it is great. Quality, resolution, responsiveness, functionality, very well thought out. The battery life is so good. I always charge after each round so it can easily be on 100% backlight, never auto dim and have plenty left for hole #19 to review your scores. I love that about it. The shot tracking is a surprise and it is so easy, I may even use it.

I really believe if they could get this out in some golf stores, pro shops so people could see it, it would be a killer. I think SkyCaddie has gotten a bad name most of it probably deserving but I am glad I hung in there. I remember when they first came out many years ago and I thought it was the coolest thing. I hope they do very well with the SX500.

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 Aldila Rogue 65-S, RIP Alpha 60-S
    3 Wood: Titleist 904F 15 Fujikura Speeder S
    5 Wood: Titleist 904F 19 Aldila NV 75-S
    Hybrid: Titleist 585H 21 Graphic Design 85s
    Irons: Miura CB-202 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
    Wedges: Mizuno S18 50,55,60 S18 UST Recoil 95 F4
    Putter: Titleist Select
  • GoStarsGoStars Members Posts: 447 ✭✭

The SX500 is awesome. Easy to navigate after a few rounds. Great screen, and really incredible battery life. I can get several rounds on a charge.

I’m glad I skipped earlier models that were an upgrade over my 2.5.

• tpgrrr1tpgrrr1 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭

Thanks for all the reviews guys. I've been a Bushnell laser guy forever. Now I'm going to give the SX500 a shot based on all of your comments :)

Callaway Rogue 10.5° HZRDUS 6.0 63g
    Callaway Rogue Fwy 13.5°, 17° HZRDUS 6.0 76g
    TaylorMade M4 Hyb 19°, 22° 4/1/19
    Mizuno MP-18 5-pw kbs C-Taper Lite S 10/04/18
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 2

3/7/19
    TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
    Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Tour Velvet Sure Tack midsize
    Callaway Epic Star

staff bag
    Titleist Players 4 stand bag
    Jan Craig headcovers
    Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0
  • EvolvedEvolved Members Posts: 735 ✭✭

I can't believe there is still no case for this thing. Works great though.

• Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members Posts: 1,061 ✭✭

I see the slope topic brought up. I am between this and the new Bushnell and one of the main reasons I lean laser is the slope reading. How do you guys account for slope using this device and have you found yourself choosing the wrong club without that type of information available?

2G0gwPW.png Rogue Sub Zero w/Evenflow 6.0. Iomic Sticky Grip
    qk7JL4a.jpg 915f Rogue 80 Black
    UDFLwAA.jpg G30 2H, i25 4H
    LAg5lcd.png 6-8 0311XF, 9-GW, 0311 w/Nippon 950GH
    qk7JL4a.jpg TVD K (56, 60) w/DG S200
    VzVRa6l.png Spider Tour DJ Edition
    qk7JL4a.jpg ProV1x
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datdude
    WITB Link

@Dat_Dude said:
    I see the slope topic brought up. I am between this and the new Bushnell and one of the main reasons I lean laser is the slope reading. How do you guys account for slope using this device and have you found yourself choosing the wrong club without that type of information available?

Can't use slope in USGA events, so non-issue for me. IMO, slope devices don't make any difference and are just another way for companies to charge more money off the consumer.

• GreggapGreggap Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Is there a cupholder mount that works well?

WITB:
    Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9 - HZRDUS T110

3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Fubuki J 70[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]° [/font]- Aldila Green X
    Hybrid: Callaway Rogue[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]° - [/font]
    Irons: Titliest AP2 4-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Wedges: Titliest SM6 50 Degree F Grind, Titliest SM6 54 Degree F Grind, Callaway 60 Degree PM Grind

Putter(s): Odyssey Exo Seven S 33 Inch
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Earlier in thread a few were mentioned.