Do any LPGA players play Titleist?

gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,165 ✭✭
I was watching the Hana Bank tournament tonight, and I thought I saw a player with at Titleist driver. In Gee Chun?

Not sure.

Titleist makes good stuff. Do any of the LPGA players play Titleist clubs?
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

Comments

• br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,615 ✭✭
    Ariya Jutanugarn plays with Titleist 716 AP2 irons and Vokey SM7 wedges.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 21 & 25 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    J15CB 5-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*,56* & 60*
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• collje26collje26 Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    Danielle Kang plays their irons and wedges.
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
    Ping G 17.5 Rombax P95x
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 3 DG TI S400
    Callaway Apex MB Raw 4-P PX 6.5
    Callaway MD Forged 54/60 PX 6.5
    Ping 1966 Anser WRX tri-sole
    TP5/TP5X
  • ppl4golfppl4golf Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Definitely not InGee...she’s a PING girl
    All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
    3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
    3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
    4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
    5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
    Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
    Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,591 ✭✭
    Plenty play Titleist. Just like every other level of golf
  • rushfan96rushfan96 Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Charley Hull uses Titleist BLADES!!!
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,065 ✭✭
    According to their website there are no brand ambassadors on lpga. There are about 25 on the Korean tour
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,975 ✭✭
    Brittany Lincicome plays a Titleist driver, and AP2 irons.

Ariya plays AP2 irons (5-P), and Vokey wedges.

Bronte Law is Titleist minus the putter.

Aditi Ashok appears to be sponsored by Titleist, including the bag and hat.

Jenny Shin, Emily Pedersen, Jimin Kang, Amelia Lewis, and Mariajo Uribe have full bags I believe.

Jennifer Hahn plays irons and wedges.
  • Klara Spilkova on the LET (and I think she might have been to Q school for LPGA) does and she has a great swing to go with it.
    WITB:
    M4 driver, 3 and 5 wood
    G25 4 hybrid
    i200 irons
    TM Spider Tour
    MD4 50 & 54 with 58 PM grind
  • Golf DinoGolf Dino Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:

Jenny Shin, Emily Pedersen, Jimin Kang, Amelia Lewis, and Mariajo Uribe have full bags I believe.

Good job on the research! Was this garnered from first hand experience "checking" out player bags?

As someone who currently plays a nearly 100% Titleist bag, I am disappointed that Titleist is not really active in the women's sponsorship program for LPGA and Symetra tour players -- at least with the North American players.

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,521 ✭✭
    Alena Sharp
    Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 S

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34"

• Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,975 ✭✭
    Golf Dino wrote:

Argonne69 wrote:

Good job on the research! Was this garnered from first hand experience "checking" out player bags?

As someone who currently plays a nearly 100% Titleist bag, I am disappointed that Titleist is not really active in the women's sponsorship program for LPGA and Symetra tour players -- at least with the North American players.

Garnered from a combination of first hand knowledge and a little research. One of the reasons I'm such a big fan is that the majority of the players have a game that's similar to mine (as far as distances and club selection). Obviously the similarities pretty much end there. Lol. I try to keep up with what's in their bags.

As noted above, the company is very active on the KLPGA. Given the level of interest in Korea, I guess it makes sense to spend the dollars where they'll get the maximum number of eyeballs each week.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,591 ✭✭
    Argonne69 wrote:

Golf Dino wrote:

Argonne69 wrote:

Garnered from a combination of first hand knowledge and a little research. One of the reasons I'm such a big fan is that the majority of the players have a game that's similar to mine (as far as distances and club selection). Obviously the similarities pretty much end there. Lol. I try to keep up with what's in their bags.

As noted above, the company is very active on the KLPGA. Given the level of interest in Korea, I guess it makes sense to spend the dollars where they'll get the maximum number of eyeballs each week.

More has to do with they are owned by a Korean company. In women’s golf in general there is little ROI on spending big money on endorsements
  • Golf DinoGolf Dino Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Acushnet was owned by Fila Corp. It's now a public company listed on the NYSE.

Regardless, a company based in Massachusetts should be more sensitive to supporting Women's golf on a similar basis as the men's game -- even if it's just to sponsor a handful of the women. The amount of sponsorship for someone like Webb Simpson could sponsor 3-4 LPGA players. Not to pick on Webb ... but using him as a comparison of a moderately sponsored tour pro.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,065 ✭✭
    Golf Dino wrote:

Acushnet was owned by Fila Corp. It's now a public company listed on the NYSE.

Regardless, a company based in Massachusetts should be more sensitive to supporting Women's golf on a similar basis as the men's game -- even if it's just to sponsor a handful of the women. The amount of sponsorship for someone like Webb Simpson could sponsor 3-4 LPGA players. Not to pick on Webb ... but using him as a comparison of a moderately sponsored tour pro.

While it would be nice to see companies help grow the game their main purpose is to make a profit. This means sponsorships, advertisements, etc where they get the best roi. Sponsoring a segment of golf that doesn’t get much tv time isn’t always the best option.

With that said titleist does a great job with youth and to an extent college golf with their programs. Imo it’s one of the reasons guys like Spieth, JT and others stay with titleist
  • scottc25scottc25 Members Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Giving PGA players sponsor $ is why we spend $500 on a driver. If they gave a couple dollars to the LPGA I guess the driver goes up to $502. $500 must be their breaking point, lol.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    Probably very few as Titleist likely doesn't pay the gals like the men.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3