New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

budcangolf ·  
budcangolfbudcangolf Members  519WRX Points: 173Posts: 519 Golden Tee
Anybody know when these are supposed to be released? Haven’t been able to find any info on them.
Posted:

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32246WRX Points: 1,819Posts: 32,246 Titanium Tees
    Are these replacing the Tank models this year?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members  519WRX Points: 173Posts: 519 Golden Tee
    Not sure on that. Looks like two arm lock models, the double wide and v-line and then 2 ball broomstick but no info on release date.
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32246WRX Points: 1,819Posts: 32,246 Titanium Tees
    budcangolf wrote:
    <br />
    Not sure on that. Looks like two arm lock models, the double wide and v-line and then 2 ball broomstick but no info on release date.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    They have their current tank model listed on their site as both the “Tank” and “Arm lock”?<br />
    <br />
    https://www.odysseygolf.com/families/tank/putters-2018-tank-cruiser-v-line-armlock.html
    Posted:
    That’s the one that they’ve had out, the new ones have the white hot micro hinge like the new stroke lab and EXO putters and also have new graphics.
    Posted:
    budcangolf wrote:
    <br />
    That’s the one that they’ve had out, the new ones have the white hot micro hinge like the new stroke lab and EXO putters and also have new graphics.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yep, but it will be interesting to see if they give these new ones a “Tank” title as well?
    Posted:
  • provxprovx Members  876WRX Points: 113Posts: 876 Golden Tee
    Did you get this on an email?
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black

Advertisement
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2981WRX Points: 479Handicap: 7.6Posts: 2,981 ClubWRX
    Have never done the armlock. Just found a nice deal on a used 1 Wide Arm Lock that I will use to try the technique. Has the older insert bur will give me an idea of how I like it. I like the V Line shape more.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
    provx wrote:
    <br />
    Did you get this on an email?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Yes
    Posted:
  • hef63303hef63303 Members  2912WRX Points: 179Posts: 2,912 Titanium Tees
    Feb. 15.
    Posted:
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, CanadaMembers  2356WRX Points: 241Posts: 2,356 Platinum Tees
    Definitely interested in these.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z 785 (4-6) Z-Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

• thevaporzthevaporz Members  3323WRX Points: 444Handicap: 13Posts: 3,323 Titanium Tees
    Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.<br />
    <br />
    Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.<br />
    <br />
    "I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."<br />
    <br />
    arm-hammer-logo-hed-2016.png<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    giphy.gif
    Posted:

Advertisement
    thevaporz wrote:
    <br />
    Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.<br />
    <br />
    Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.<br />
    <br />
    "I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    giphy.gif<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Can you please tell us how you really feel....
    Posted:
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members  1638WRX Points: 281Posts: 1,638 Platinum Tees
    So broomstick... so, they are producing long putters intended to be non anchored.<br />
    <br />
    Interesting. I saw a player, I cant remember who, at the WM and he was using a split grip putter.
    Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members  801WRX Points: 509Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    What happens when you click the "Learn More" link?<br />
    <br />
    I wonder what the price point on these will be. And if they'll be only available at 42 inches like the current model.<br />
    <br />
    Actually, to answer one of my questions... they're available at 40 and 42 inches. I might be interested in the Double Wide 40 inch model.<br />
    <br />
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion driver
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrids
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Ping Heppler ZB3
  • tgg27tgg27 Member Members  111WRX Points: 47Handicap: 3Posts: 111 Fairways
    Yeah. I ran into my local Callaway rep last Wednesday when I was picking up my Apex combo set. He pulled my Sik arm lock out of my bag and then told me that these two were coming out. He said that they would be available in a couple of weeks and he would send one of each to my fitter so I could give them a try.
    Posted:
    My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, CanadaMembers  2356WRX Points: 241Posts: 2,356 Platinum Tees
    I really wish Odyssey would accommodate a taller player and have the option of making it longer
    Posted:

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z 785 (4-6) Z-Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

Advertisement
  • provxprovx Members  876WRX Points: 113Posts: 876 Golden Tee
    Maybe they will release one with something other than a double bend shaft this go around. Also more upright than standard putters seems to be the trick
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members  801WRX Points: 509Posts: 801 Golden Tee
    provx wrote:
    <br />
    Maybe they will release one with something other than a double bend shaft this go around. Also more upright than standard putters seems to be the trick<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    It looks like their last arm lock iteration was 72 degrees, which is more upright than their standard 70, and more than the Bettinardi Kuchar model's standard 71. But also way less than Sik's standard 76 degrees.
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion driver
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrids
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Ping Heppler ZB3
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members  6633WRX Points: 312Posts: 6,633 Titanium Tees
    Ivyguy wrote:
    <br />
    So broomstick... so, they are producing long putters intended to be non anchored.<br />
    <br />
    Interesting. I saw a player, I cant remember who, at the WM and he was using a split grip putter.<br />
    <br />
    David Hearn.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Graphite Design VR-5 (X)
    Ping G 14.5* and 19.5* w/ Ping Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G410 22* w/ KBS Proto 85 (S)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
    I hope you will be able to special order these at 38 inches.
    Posted:
    <br />
    I hope you will be able to special order these at 38 inches.<br />
    39"
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers  2777WRX Points: 225Handicap: +1.3Posts: 2,777 Titanium Tees
    hef63303 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    39"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I wouldn't mind seeing #7 Arm Lock putter someday.
    Posted:
    My bag of hacking utensils;

TM SIM 10.5 Tensei Red Pro 60 stiff
    TM R11 TP 14 & 19
    TM P760 4-PW DG 120 S300
    TM MG2 50, 54 & 60
    Odyssey Marxman 44"

• hendog39hendog39 Members  118WRX Points: 50Posts: 118 Fairways
    Just modified my tank #1 to armlock. Had it bent to 71 and 5 degres loft extended it for 37 to 41 and put a flat so 17 on it
    Posted:
    hef63303 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    39"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    39 is the shortest length they will allow you to order?
    Posted:
  • NokeNoke Unregistered  2239WRX Points: 298Posts: 2,239 Platinum Tees
    thevaporz wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    giphy.gif<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agreed and well said.
    Posted:
    <br />
    hef63303 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    39"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    39 is the shortest length they will allow you to order?<br />
    Correct. Of course, you could order it at that length, with no grip and cut it down when it arrives.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    hef63303 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    hef63303 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    39"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    39 is the shortest length they will allow you to order?<br />
    Correct. Of course, you could order it at that length, with no grip and cut it down when it arrives.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That’s exactly what I will do, thanks!
    Posted:
  • Chopshop23Chopshop23 Members  97WRX Points: 41Posts: 97 Fairways
    I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with. <br />
    <br />
    Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting
    Posted:
    Chopshop23 wrote:
    <br />
    I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with. <br />
    <br />
    Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I don’t think anyone is “b*******” on here as you put it. Some people like different lengths other than stock. Move along...
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.