New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 375 ✭✭
Anybody know when these are supposed to be released? Haven’t been able to find any info on them.

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,502 ✭✭
    Are these replacing the Tank models this year?
  • budcangolfbudcangolf Members Posts: 375 ✭✭
    edited Feb 2, 2019 2:03pm #3
    Not sure on that. Looks like two arm lock models, the double wide and v-line and then 2 ball broomstick but no info on release date.
    budcangolf wrote:

Not sure on that. Looks like two arm lock models, the double wide and v-line and then 2 ball broomstick but no info on release date.

They have their current tank model listed on their site as both the “Tank” and “Arm lock”?

https://www.odysseygolf.com/families/tank/putters-2018-tank-cruiser-v-line-armlock.html
    That’s the one that they’ve had out, the new ones have the white hot micro hinge like the new stroke lab and EXO putters and also have new graphics.
    budcangolf wrote:

That’s the one that they’ve had out, the new ones have the white hot micro hinge like the new stroke lab and EXO putters and also have new graphics.

Yep, but it will be interesting to see if they give these new ones a “Tank” title as well?
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 827 ✭✭
    Did you get this on an email?
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,195 ClubWRX
    Have never done the armlock. Just found a nice deal on a used 1 Wide Arm Lock that I will use to try the technique. Has the older insert bur will give me an idea of how I like it. I like the V Line shape more.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
    provx wrote:

Did you get this on an email?

Yes
  • hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,861 ✭✭
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,998 ✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2019 10:33am #11
    Definitely interested in these.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited Feb 2, 2019 9:16pm #12
    Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.

Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.

"I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."

arm-hammer-logo-hed-2016.png

giphy.gif
    thevaporz wrote:

Fugly. The graphics are terrible. For right-handed players (and right-handed putters in the ad) the arm that locks is the LEFT arm. Graphics have a right arm and a lock. Really stupid graphic design there, Odyssey.

Between these and the new Stroke Lab Ray Cook/ YES! Putters rip-off color-scheme and stupid car racing rim weights on the sole, the recent Odyssey offerings look tacky af.

"I'm really struggling for ideas on what to put on the sole. If only I had some inspiration."

giphy.gif

Can you please tell us how you really feel....
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,443 ✭✭
    So broomstick... so, they are producing long putters intended to be non anchored.

Interesting. I saw a player, I cant remember who, at the WM and he was using a split grip putter.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2019 12:26am #15
    What happens when you click the "Learn More" link?

I wonder what the price point on these will be. And if they'll be only available at 42 inches like the current model.

Actually, to answer one of my questions... they're available at 40 and 42 inches. I might be interested in the Double Wide 40 inch model.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • tgg27tgg27 Member Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Yeah. I ran into my local Callaway rep last Wednesday when I was picking up my Apex combo set. He pulled my Sik arm lock out of my bag and then told me that these two were coming out. He said that they would be available in a couple of weeks and he would send one of each to my fitter so I could give them a try.
    My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,998 ✭✭
    I really wish Odyssey would accommodate a taller player and have the option of making it longer
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*/23*)
    Srixon Z785 (5-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 827 ✭✭
    Maybe they will release one with something other than a double bend shaft this go around. Also more upright than standard putters seems to be the trick
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited Feb 3, 2019 11:54am #19
    provx wrote:

Maybe they will release one with something other than a double bend shaft this go around. Also more upright than standard putters seems to be the trick

It looks like their last arm lock iteration was 72 degrees, which is more upright than their standard 70, and more than the Bettinardi Kuchar model's standard 71. But also way less than Sik's standard 76 degrees.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,391 ✭✭
    Ivyguy wrote:

So broomstick... so, they are producing long putters intended to be non anchored.

Interesting. I saw a player, I cant remember who, at the WM and he was using a split grip putter.

David Hearn.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
    I hope you will be able to special order these at 38 inches.

39"
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers Posts: 2,625 ✭✭
    hef63303 wrote:

39"

I wouldn't mind seeing #7 Arm Lock putter someday.
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Titleist TS3 9.5 PX Even Flow White 6.0(45")
    917F2 16.5* Diamana D+ 80 stiff
    816H1 19 & 23 Speeder 8.8 stiff
    J15CB 4-PW Modus 120 stiff
    TM MG Bronze, 52*, 56* & 60* Modus Wedge 115
    Bobby Grace LFI 43"

• hendog39hendog39 Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Just modified my tank #1 to armlock. Had it bent to 71 and 5 degres loft extended it for 37 to 41 and put a flat so 17 on it
    hef63303 wrote:

39"

39 is the shortest length they will allow you to order?
  • NokeNoke Members Posts: 2,108 ✭✭
    thevaporz wrote:

giphy.gif

Agreed and well said.

hef63303 wrote:

39"

Correct. Of course, you could order it at that length, with no grip and cut it down when it arrives.
    hef63303 wrote:

hef63303 wrote:

39"

Correct. Of course, you could order it at that length, with no grip and cut it down when it arrives.

That’s exactly what I will do, thanks!
  • Chopshop23Chopshop23 Members Posts: 97 ✭✭
    I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with.

Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting
    edited Feb 4, 2019 7:07pm #30
    Chopshop23 wrote:

I must admit I am surprised by how obtuse everyone is in this thread. The point of the arm lock is outside of the "regular" way of putting. Yet people are bitching about not having the right length when they won't buy one to begin with.

Sorry gents. This is great tech. You have to be fitted for it. I plan on doing it this summer. I think it's a better way of putting

I don’t think anyone is “b*******” on here as you put it. Some people like different lengths other than stock. Move along...
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,594 ✭✭
    How many different technologies will be incorporated into the insert of these? I miss the days of a nice simple White Hot insert or something simple like that. It must be all the guys on the pro tours that love these wild inserts so much that are pushing for even more contraptions to be incorporated. /s
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black 
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can