Looking for ball recommendations

Hi everyone,

I've been playing the E6 Speed for the last year, but with the changes coming to the ball this year (going from a 3-piece to a 2-piece), it won't fit my game anymore. So I'm looking for a new ball, and I need recommendation.

Driver swing speed is between 105 mph, carry distance is around 275 yds, 6i carry is around 182 yds.

I'm looking for something at a reasonable price.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Comments

• ClafooneClafoone Hobbyist Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    I played the E6 for a couple of years. Switched around between maxfli u-fli soft, taylormade project (s), and titleist DT Trusoft (2piece I believe).

All performed about the same for me, Trusoft slightly longer (3-4 yards) off the driver, spin off the wedge favored the U-Fli.

I settled for the DT trusoft, as I'm more of a bump and run guy (yeah, that means old).

Randy
    Cobra F-Max: 10.5
    Maltby UFW: bent to 17
    Snake Eyes Quick Strike II: 19° & 23°
    Maltby KE4 U30: 5 - GW
    Cleveland Rotex 2.0 CB Black Satin: 54° & 58
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • ajchangajchang Members Posts: 25
    Snell Golf balls. 3 piece urethane ball at $32
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,175 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've been playing the E6 Speed for the last year, but with the changes coming to the ball this year (going from a 3-piece to a 2-piece), it won't fit my game anymore. So I'm looking for a new ball, and I need recommendation.

Driver swing speed is between 105 mph, carry distance is around 275 yds, 6i carry is around 182 yds.

I'm looking for something at a reasonable price.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Good 3 piece balls moderately priced, Q star, Wilson Duo Soft Spin, Cut Matte,
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 1:10am #5
    Personally the Vice Pro has been the ball i like the most and ive tried most of them. Yea they scuff up a little easier than most but at $2/ball (if you buy 5 dozen) who cares if i go through 2 balls a round. Also heard lots of good things about the TM Project a and one i havent tried yet but is on my short list. Also think Vice Tour is a 3 piece ball with a Surlyn cover cheeper than the e6 was costing you.

Another ball i was very impressed with was the Nicklaus black. Reminded me of a Srixon XV and think it was $32/dozen with free shipping. That you have to go to either a course Jack is involved with or their website http://www.nicklaus.com/golfballs
  • Golfer_1993Golfer_1993 Posts: 594 ✭✭
    I've narrowed it down to 4 balls: Snell MTB-X, Vice Pro+, Srixon Z-Star XV and Bridgestone E12 Speed.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,939 ✭✭
    Can you really dismiss a ball you've never played simply because it's two piece?
    edited Feb 23, 2019 3:05pm #8
    LeoLeo99 wrote:

Can you really dismiss a ball you've never played simply because it's two piece?

Do you know a lot of 2-piece balls that fits the numbers I gave, except the AVX?
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 424 ✭✭
    Don't rule out the Taylormade project(a) as an economical choice. The revision for '18 made this ball amazing - long and soft. For every four dozen you buy, TM sends you a fifth as a freebie.
    nflam-button.png
    edited Feb 23, 2019 4:55pm #10
    Hammer22 wrote:

Don't rule out the Taylormade project(a) as an economical choice. The revision for '18 made this ball amazing - long and soft. For every four dozen you buy, TM sends you a fifth as a freebie.

Isn't my swing speed too high for the project (a)? I've read it's designed for golfers with swing speeds under 100 mph.
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 424 ✭✭
    edited Feb 23, 2019 5:52pm #11

Isn't my swing speed too high for the project (a)? I've read it's designed for golfers with swing speeds under 100 mph.

Not at all. My SS is slightly higher than yours and I love the ball. It's compression is 70 which is right in line with the Chrome Soft and others like that. One club longer with irons as well and it just feels fantastic.

Nice review from Rick Shiels, although it's the '16 ball (the '18 version is even better):

https://www.youtube....h?v=xLO2GfobOcQ

Disregard his inability to pronounce "Urethane"...!

These 'Spin Challenge' videos from TM are a hoot as well - with the '18 ball:

Post edited by Unknown User on
    nflam-button.png
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    Find a source for the e6 and stock up.

If you must find something new I'd suggest the RX. Will feel similar to the e6 and be a slight upgrade with spin into the green. All around a very good ball!
  • Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    I know what you’re going through. used to play Nike RZN Red religiously until they stopped a while back. I used golf balls.com’s sales to try a bunch out. I ended up getting some Pro V1’s from work and that’s how I got hooked on those. As far as lower priced balls I agree that Project (a) is a great ball.
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,008 ✭✭

LeoLeo99 wrote:

Do you know a lot of 2-piece balls that fits the numbers I gave, except the AVX?
    AVX is a 3 piece ball.
    grm24 wrote:

LeoLeo99 wrote:

AVX is a 3 piece ball.

Oops my bad. It's the Tour Soft that is a 2-piece.
  • ottrad1ottrad1 Members Posts: 33
    Oncore Elixir. about 28 bucks when buying in bulk. Hard to beat
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 578 ✭✭
    edited Mar 3, 2019 4:07pm #17
    Vice Pro or ProSoft....about 22 a doz to your door, basically a V1 for less than half retail.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • bodhi555bodhi555 Posts: 714 ✭✭

LeoLeo99 wrote:

I'm running similar numbers to you, and am having great success at the moment with the Tour Soft, which is 2 piece. From the tee and for approach shots they are up there with a premium low spin urethane option, such as a V1X or RZN Black, its just on short game spin they suffer slightly. Feel great off the Putter though, and are a great all round ball.
    The Blue Thunder: Nike Vapor Fly - 9.5 degree - Speeder Evolution 757X
    The Stenson: Nike Vapor Fly 3W - Mitsubishi JvlnFX 74 X-Flex
    The Walking Stick: Titleist 818 H2 19 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 85X
    The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
    The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
    The Putter: Nike "The Oven" Method 003
    Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist AVX
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Also in Rotation:

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly 2 iron - KBS C-Taper 120S
    Wedge: Nike Engage 58 Dual Sole
    Putters: Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged / Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can / Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 215 ✭✭
    If you go with the Vice balls there is a code from Golf Digest that gives you a free dozen. It's valid until the 31st of March.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer