2 drivers heads for the price of 4...good deal for a fool like me...

Kendrick

Interesting topic? It happened to a fool…and that’s me. Long story short, this post is to warn fellow members to beware of member EL Shanker. His paypal account is [email protected]. He sold me 2 driver heads for the price of 4. Here’s how the story unfolds:

1) I bought an M5 Tour head on April 23.

2) I kept checking on shipping status until 10 May and the excuses given was tied up with work…, and it was shipped out on April 29 and he has no tracking details as he is out of town.

3) I kept chasing, and on May 13, he told me package was returned because it was inappropriately packed

4) At this time, he posed another ad in Classified. The fool (me) being too trusting, bought 3 more heads to “tag along” with my initial order….

5) payment made via Paypal for 3 more heads. A total of 4 heads now.

6) May 19, I kept chasing and on May 21st, EL Shanker said the package once once again returned because of packaging etc….

7) My chase continued and on May 25th, he said he will send out again and no news from him thereafter.

8) I threatened to raise a paypal dispute on May 31st. He responded, package returned again…

9) I raised a Paypal dispute on May 31st and he responded immediately!!! Package will be sent tomorrow he said, and requested me to cancel the dispute.

10) I agree to cancel dispute after a tracking number is issued.

11) June 5, a tracking number was issued by him, and he asked if I am keen in buying a few more heads!!!

12) He showed me the receipt for the postage, tracking details etc. I believed him once more and closed the dispute…what a fool…

13) Package arrived on June 10…there were 2 driver heads in it.

14) He claimed 2 heads were stolen and he bought insurance. I knew at that moment I paid 2 heads for the price of 4

I have the entire PM saved and I hope I can use this to dispute with Paypal (slim chance) or with VISA. If anyone is keen to authenticate this story, I am happy to share the PMs. I invite and welcome EL Shanker to this discussion and have his side of the story. Until then, please be cautious of this member.

The moral of this story, kids, is never EVER cancel a PayPal dispute until the case has been truly resolved.

I hope you recover everything OP. You seem to be one of the more trusting individuals I’ve seen. Assuming all the above is accurate there’s more than enough stink from 1 & 2 above to tell you this dude’s a POS.

Good morning. There was some shipping issues on this. I had shipped him some items before and then when he bought something else and I shippedX it got returned 2x.

Finally got it figured out and sent the items he purchased. 4 driver heads. 3 new and one used. Packaged them all in a Medium flare rate box and sealed with commercial grade clear packaging tape.

The box was delivered to the Address he provided stateside. The box was then shipped directly to Indonesia, assuming it was without checking the contents of the box prior to sending to Indonesia.

When he reached out regarding the issue, I responded and told him that there must be a mistake as the heads were all packaged in the same box. Had him send me pictures of the package and there had been USPS tape and DHL tape put over the original packing tape.

I never use USPS tape for that reason.

I have submitted a claim to USPS as the package was Insured. but am unsure as to whether there will be a valid claim since they were immediately shipped over seas.

If the heads never made it to the US address, that is something I will handle and make sure is made right. However, they could have been removed in transit overseas.

I am working on a solution and told Kendrick this immediately. There has been no update as of this morning.

> @"El Shanker" said:

> Good morning. There was some shipping issues on this. I had shipped him some items before and then when he bought something else and I shippedX it got returned 2x.

>

> Finally got it figured out and sent the items he purchased. 4 driver heads. 3 new and one used. Packaged them all in a Medium flare rate box and sealed with commercial grade clear packaging tape.

>

> The box was delivered to the Address he provided stateside. The box was then shipped directly to Indonesia, assuming it was without checking the contents of the box prior to sending to Indonesia.

>

> When he reached out regarding the issue, I responded and told him that there must be a mistake as the heads were all packaged in the same box. Had him send me pictures of the package and there had been USPS tape and DHL tape put over the original packing tape.

>

> I never use USPS tape for that reason.

>

> I have submitted a claim to USPS as the package was Insured. but am unsure as to whether there will be a valid claim since they were immediately shipped over seas.

>

> If the heads never made it to the US address, that is something I will handle and make sure is made right. However, they could have been removed in transit overseas.

>

> I am working on a solution and told Kendrick this immediately. There has been no update as of this morning.

You have any of the tracking info of the 2 attempts that got returned? Otherwise this sounds like a BS story.

One of the many reasons I will not ship outside the borders of the United States. As much as I wish I could accommodate folks outside the U.S., there are just too many unknowns and risks to take as a seller for it to be a responsible decision. Sending to an address other than the buyer’s registered PayPal address makes me uncomfortable enough, and takes a good explanation from the buyer. Sending to an overseas shipping service is absolutely a non-starter.

If someone were to ask me, if a buyer and seller enter into an agreement that involves sending overseas with a shipping service to circumvent whatever import/export fees, they have both agreed to risk money and item. If this story shakes out the way it reads, both parties should have been well aware that a shiesty middleman was always a risk.

Seller - what in the world does it take to get a package returned twice? I’ve shipped hundreds of golf clubs, and the only time I’ve ever had one returned was due to a bad address.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @VNutz said:

> Guys, don't turn it on the OP. That's not what this is about.

I agree the 2 returned packages seems fishy (and would hope the seller can provide tracking for the first 2 attempts), but the fact that the OP conveniently left out that a freight forwarding service was used to ship these over-seas changes things quite a bit.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > Guys, don't turn it on the OP. That's not what this is about.

>

> I agree the 2 returned packages seems fishy (and would hope the seller can provide tracking for the first 2 attempts), but the fact that the OP conveniently left out that a freight forwarding service was used to ship these over-seas changes things quite a bit.

Wasn't referring to anything about shipping, and none of that was mentioned at the time of my post. It was pointed towards the more than a handful of since deleted posts blaming the OP for multiple purchases with someone he had issues with. It quickly became one of "those" DOND threads.

> @Krt22 said:

> So...you shipped the heads to a 3rd party/forwarding service?

No. I shipped to the address he provided. The only reason I know they were forwarded is because he asked me to make the package as small as possible to accommodate the shopping overseas. That and his PayPal has an address for an Indonesian city.

> @kdog25 said:

> > @"El Shanker" said:

> > Good morning. There was some shipping issues on this. I had shipped him some items before and then when he bought something else and I shippedX it got returned 2x.

> >

> > Finally got it figured out and sent the items he purchased. 4 driver heads. 3 new and one used. Packaged them all in a Medium flare rate box and sealed with commercial grade clear packaging tape.

> >

> > The box was delivered to the Address he provided stateside. The box was then shipped directly to Indonesia, assuming it was without checking the contents of the box prior to sending to Indonesia.

> >

> > When he reached out regarding the issue, I responded and told him that there must be a mistake as the heads were all packaged in the same box. Had him send me pictures of the package and there had been USPS tape and DHL tape put over the original packing tape.

> >

> > I never use USPS tape for that reason.

> >

> > I have submitted a claim to USPS as the package was Insured. but am unsure as to whether there will be a valid claim since they were immediately shipped over seas.

> >

> > If the heads never made it to the US address, that is something I will handle and make sure is made right. However, they could have been removed in transit overseas.

> >

> > I am working on a solution and told Kendrick this immediately. There has been no update as of this morning.

>

> You have any of the tracking info of the 2 attempts that got returned? Otherwise this sounds like a BS story.

>

I do indeed. I have no reason to be making up stories. I’ve sold plenty of items here with no issue and tons of happy buyers. I am and always have stood behind the items I sell.

Once resolved with the USPS, I will make it right regardless of whether the missing heads went missing between my drop off and the receipt on the west coast or the second leg of their journey to Kendrick overseas.

Sorry to hear about the issue here and I hope it gets sorted out for both parties. Sometimes shady stuff happens in shipping. Last month I sent an adapter to a buddy on here but somewhere along the line it got opened, removed, and delivered empty.

For what it’s worth I purchased a new TS3 head from El Shanker a few months ago without issue. The transaction was smooth and the packaging was great.

> @"El Shanker" said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > So...you shipped the heads to a 3rd party/forwarding service?

>

> No. I shipped to the address he provided. The only reason I know they were forwarded is because he asked me to make the package as small as possible to accommodate the shopping overseas. That and his PayPal has an address for an Indonesian city.

>

>

Ic ic. That tidbit of information the OP really should not have left out. If your tracking says it got to the US address, I am not sure how you are on the hook when a 3rd party was/is involved.

• Like 1

I added my own comment to El Shanker's sale thread - suffice to say, I would not recommend dealing with him. El Shanker - please refund my $400 for the Bushnell. I've PM'd you about this, you've logged on, and no response and no refund. I'm not going to be super patient about this, there's no reason for the delay.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18976403/#Comment_18976403

Recap:

**June 8th**

- I PM'd him about purchasing the Bushnell Pro XE and the Ping G410 22* head. I sent a payment of $525 the same day. He replied saying he'd refund the money for the Bushnell, I assumed someone beat me to it. He never sent the refund, so when I inquired he offered me a Bushnell Jolt instead for $275. I thanked him but refused the offer, again asking for the $400 refund. Then he told me the other party never paid and the Pro XE was mine if I wanted. I said cool, send it.

**June 9th**

- El Shanker told me he had a work emergency and couldn't ship, but would the next day. Again, I said cool and thanked him for the update. I did a little bit of digging and ran into other threads/issues for him on the BST and was slightly worried I'd be getting the run around.

**June 10th**

- El Shanker shipped my stuff and sent me tracking. Yay.

**June 15th**

- My package arrived. It was a tiny bubble sleeve, so at first I had no idea what it was - opened it and it was the Ping G410 hybrid head and that's all. I PM'd El Shanker immediately letting him know I didn't not receive the Bushnell Pro XE and asking for the $400 refund, as now I'd be moving on. El Shanker logged in a couple of hours after my PM, no response, and still no refund.

I wish they would bring back the ratings from the BST. Also, from now on, I will do digging into a person's username before striking a deal, that's my bad. Given El Shanker's history of shenanigans on the BST, I am not going to be super patient or understanding. It takes 1 minute to send a refund, and he should have known he didn't send the rangefinder to me a week ago.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

If only there were some way for members to warn other members after a bad BST transaction.

• Like 2

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @GoIrish17 said:

> If only there were some way for members to warn other members after a bad BST transaction.

Look, stop beating this dead horse. The choice came down to "BST feedback" or "pinned ads marked with a cute little pushpin." Your team lost, and you refuse to acknowledge the incredible morale boost you get from all those pinned ads that were definitely only purchased by stand up guys and never scam artists.

> @chocolate_rehab said:

> I added my own comment to El Shanker's sale thread - suffice to say, I would not recommend dealing with him. El Shanker - please refund my $400 for the Bushnell. I've PM'd you about this, you've logged on, and no response and no refund. I'm not going to be super patient about this, there's no reason for the delay.

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18976403/#Comment_18976403

> Recap:

> **June 8th**

> - I PM'd him about purchasing the Bushnell Pro XE and the Ping G410 22* head. I sent a payment of $525 the same day. He replied saying he'd refund the money for the Bushnell, I assumed someone beat me to it. He never sent the refund, so when I inquired he offered me a Bushnell Jolt instead for $275. I thanked him but refused the offer, again asking for the $400 refund. Then he told me the other party never paid and the Pro XE was mine if I wanted. I said cool, send it.

> **June 9th**

> - El Shanker told me he had a work emergency and couldn't ship, but would the next day. Again, I said cool and thanked him for the update. I did a little bit of digging and ran into other threads/issues for him on the BST and was slightly worried I'd be getting the run around.

> **June 10th**

> - El Shanker shipped my stuff and sent me tracking. Yay.

> **June 15th**

> - My package arrived. It was a tiny bubble sleeve, so at first I had no idea what it was - opened it and it was the Ping G410 hybrid head and that's all. I PM'd El Shanker immediately letting him know I didn't not receive the Bushnell Pro XE and asking for the $400 refund, as now I'd be moving on. El Shanker logged in a couple of hours after my PM, no response, and still no refund.

>

> I wish they would bring back the ratings from the BST. Also, from now on, I will do digging into a person's username before striking a deal, that's my bad. Given El Shanker's history of shenanigans on the BST, I am not going to be super patient or understanding. It takes 1 minute to send a refund, and he should have known he didn't send the rangefinder to me a week ago.

If you paid him via PayPal Goods & Services and not friends/famliy/gifting file a claim with PayPal ASAP. Don't depend on waiting for him to refund your money.

El Shanker sounds like El Scammer........ People should ship immediately after they receive payment and their excuses are their own. As someone else stated the insurance is for the shipper and El Shanker needs to refund the OP and deal with USPS himself.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

> @"El Shanker" said:

> > @kdog25 said:

> > > @"El Shanker" said:

> > > Good morning. There was some shipping issues on this. I had shipped him some items before and then when he bought something else and I shippedX it got returned 2x.

> > >

> > > Finally got it figured out and sent the items he purchased. 4 driver heads. 3 new and one used. Packaged them all in a Medium flare rate box and sealed with commercial grade clear packaging tape.

> > >

> > > The box was delivered to the Address he provided stateside. The box was then shipped directly to Indonesia, assuming it was without checking the contents of the box prior to sending to Indonesia.

> > >

> > > When he reached out regarding the issue, I responded and told him that there must be a mistake as the heads were all packaged in the same box. Had him send me pictures of the package and there had been USPS tape and DHL tape put over the original packing tape.

> > >

> > > I never use USPS tape for that reason.

> > >

> > > I have submitted a claim to USPS as the package was Insured. but am unsure as to whether there will be a valid claim since they were immediately shipped over seas.

> > >

> > > If the heads never made it to the US address, that is something I will handle and make sure is made right. However, they could have been removed in transit overseas.

> > >

> > > I am working on a solution and told Kendrick this immediately. There has been no update as of this morning.

> >

> > You have any of the tracking info of the 2 attempts that got returned? Otherwise this sounds like a BS story.

> >

>

> I do indeed. I have no reason to be making up stories. I’ve sold plenty of items here with no issue and tons of happy buyers. I am and always have stood behind the items I sell.

>

> Once resolved with the USPS, I will make it right regardless of whether the missing heads went missing between my drop off and the receipt on the west coast or the second leg of their journey to Kendrick overseas.

Certainly sounds like you do have some reasons to be making up stories. And it also seems you have a little bit of a habit of being sketchy (obvious understatement).

> @thevaporz said:

> Chocolate, file a claim asap! Hope you get your money back.

Did it this morning, will update as the process moves along. I have plenty of info with which to pursue this, so I'm hoping he does the right thing here.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

> @Kendrick said:

> Interesting topic? It happened to a fool…and that’s me. Long story short, this post is to warn fellow members to beware of member EL Shanker. His paypal account is [email protected]. He sold me 2 driver heads for the price of 4. Here’s how the story unfolds:

> 1) I bought an M5 Tour head on April 23.

> 2) I kept checking on shipping status until 10 May and the excuses given was tied up with work…, and it was shipped out on April 29 and he has no tracking details as he is out of town.

> 3) I kept chasing, and on May 13, he told me package was returned because it was inappropriately packed

> 4) At this time, he posed another ad in Classified. The fool (me) being too trusting, bought 3 more heads to “tag along” with my initial order….

> 5) payment made via Paypal for 3 more heads. A total of 4 heads now.

> 6) May 19, I kept chasing and on May 21st, EL Shanker said the package once once again returned because of packaging etc….

> 7) My chase continued and on May 25th, he said he will send out again and no news from him thereafter.

> 8) I threatened to raise a paypal dispute on May 31st. He responded, package returned again…

> 9) I raised a Paypal dispute on May 31st and he responded immediately!!! Package will be sent tomorrow he said, and requested me to cancel the dispute.

> 10) I agree to cancel dispute after a tracking number is issued.

> 11) June 5, a tracking number was issued by him, and he asked if I am keen in buying a few more heads!!!

> 12) He showed me the receipt for the postage, tracking details etc. I believed him once more and closed the dispute…what a fool…

> 13) Package arrived on June 10…there were 2 driver heads in it.

> 14) He claimed 2 heads were stolen and he bought insurance. I knew at that moment I paid 2 heads for the price of 4

>

> I have the entire PM saved and I hope I can use this to dispute with Paypal (slim chance) or with VISA. If anyone is keen to authenticate this story, I am happy to share the PMs. I invite and welcome EL Shanker to this discussion and have his side of the story. Until then, please be cautious of this member.

>

Any update/movement on this OP?

This is a bizarre post of this sort - the OP never comes back after his initial post, and the accused has posted multiple times. And he’s since been been revealed to be a multiple offender of this same practice the OP here accuses him of, and he denies.

> @GoIrish17 said:

> This is a bizarre post of this sort - the OP never comes back after his initial post, and the accused has posted multiple times. And he’s since been been revealed to be a multiple offender of this same practice the OP here accuses him of, and he denies.

We've seen it all, we've covered it all. We're Farmers.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Hi Folks. Sorry I didn't check back on this discussion for the past few days. My initial posting was really that of a typical victim; trying to seek justice, warn others, call the cops..etc...but I have come to terms with it now. It is unlikely for me to recover anything since I closed the dispute (PayPal ignored my email). I created a dispute with VISA and that is my last hope. I cherished the 2 heads from EL and hope the Golf Gods will take pity on me and grant me with a better drive from now on. I also have to say all my encounters with other member have been excellent. I received purchases equal or better than described. Hence no reason to shut BST. Just DON'T CLOSE ANY DISPUTE WITH PP. Anyway, I am all ready with a public apology to Mr El Shanker if I am proved to wrong him. Until then, I remain a victim... :'( all the best to your game, I am going to polish my 2 driver heads...

• Like 1