Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid

Poolparty

Is anyone playing this? I've searched around here and it seems pretty rare. People love it in the woods but I don't see many talking about it in the hybrid. It's the profile I like and with Ping offering it in the g410 I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I usually use stiff but the stiff 80 was too soft so I've been thinking TX but I haven't been able to try it or even read much about it

> @jph4387 said:

> I use it and really like it. I play the Diamana DF in driver, Diamana BF in 3 wood, and this in a hybrid.

Nice setup! B)

> @Poolparty said:

> One response. Thanks for it, but it's part of my point that almost no one uses it. JPH, do you mind telling me more about your swing and maybe other options you considered/tried? Also how much you paid (PM if you want) because in the few I've seen for sale the prices vary wildly.

Let us know if you have any product questions. We're happy to help!

-Team MCA

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > @jph4387 said:

> > I use it and really like it. I play the Diamana DF in driver, Diamana BF in 3 wood, and this in a hybrid.

>

> Nice setup! B)

>

> > @Poolparty said:

> > One response. Thanks for it, but it's part of my point that almost no one uses it. JPH, do you mind telling me more about your swing and maybe other options you considered/tried? Also how much you paid (PM if you want) because in the few I've seen for sale the prices vary wildly.

>

> Let us know if you have any product questions. We're happy to help!

>

> -Team MCA

Can you send me a free one?

No but I actually got to try the 80 tx yesterday. I was shocked that the smallest store around me had it in the Ping fitting cart. It was the 4 hybrid shaft so idk if it had the same tipping as the 3, but yeah I loved it. Using the 19 head it was great -- long towering fades with my stock and max swing but I had no problems turning it over for a draw. The best part was that it never ballooned even when I stepped on it, but didn't feel too boardy for a low shorter shot I like to play with my hybrid. It was just a touch stiffer than perfect but if the tipping was a thing then I have nothing to worry about. What is the msrp? I'm guessing it's cheaper to just find a Ping that already has it. Also if you know the tipping that Ping is doing it'll save me a long phone call. Lol.

For comparisons sake, I'm a strong player with a quick tempo and a driver SS around 105.

> @nova6868 said:

> I love the Pro Blue profile, have the 60tx in my driver. Would love to try the 90tx hybrid, and also surprised that I haven't heard much about it.

I have a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx in a callaway rogue 19* hybrid and play a 70tx in my M6. Very solid all around hybrid shaft nice mid to high ball flight.

• 1 month later...

Update: Got a Tensei 80 TX from the Ping factory in and it's too soft. Pretty surprising to me given I'm usually in between X and S. Drivers around 105, quick tempo.

Now I'm stuck w the Ping Tour 85x that's a little too stiff and the Tensei 80 that's too soft. Maybe the 90 TX is the answer? I don't mind the profile of either, and the weight of the 85x (likely around 98 grams) is closer to right. I was surprised how light the Tensei felt, and it was actually a hair longer, maybe a quarter or eighth. The 80TX is 86 grams raw to the 90TXs 95 grams

The Tensei Pro Blue 80TX I just bought for 3-wood is perfect. It's much stiffer than the hybrid Tensei. Anyone know what to do here?

I suspect the shaft wasn’t tipped enough.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @Poolparty said:

> Update: Got a Tensei 80 TX from the Ping factory in and it's too soft. Pretty surprising to me given I'm usually in between X and S. Drivers around 105, quick tempo.

>

> Now I'm stuck w the Ping Tour 85x that's a little too stiff and the Tensei 80 that's too soft. Maybe the 90 TX is the answer? I don't mind the profile of either, and the weight of the 85x (likely around 98 grams) is closer to right. I was surprised how light the Tensei felt, and it was actually a hair longer, maybe a quarter or eighth. The 80TX is 86 grams raw to the 90TXs 95 grams

>

> The Tensei Pro Blue 80TX I just bought for 3-wood is perfect. It's much stiffer than the hybrid Tensei. Anyone know what to do here?

Is the one you got the Pro or regular Tensei Blue? I found the Tensei CK (non pro) to be kinda loose. Haven't had a chance to hit the Pro version, but I understand that they are a bit lower torque and tip stiffer.

I'm playing the G410 19* hybrid with the Tour 85 regular flex currently and was looking at the Tensei Blue K Pro 80 stiff for a little smother feel, just cant find a place to try it.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @noodle3872 said:

> I suspect the shaft wasn’t tipped enough.

It's something I'm thinking about. Calling Ping and @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" is something that's up there on the to do list.

> @76mpg said:

> > @nova6868 said:

> > I love the Pro Blue profile, have the 60tx in my driver. Would love to try the 90tx hybrid, and also surprised that I haven't heard much about it.

>

> I have a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx in a callaway rogue 19* hybrid and play a 70tx in my M6. Very solid all around hybrid shaft nice mid to high ball flight.

You still have it? The 90 seems to play similarly to the Pro Blue 70?

> @RainShadow said:

> > @Poolparty said:

> > Update: Got a Tensei 80 TX from the Ping factory in and it's too soft. Pretty surprising to me given I'm usually in between X and S. Drivers around 105, quick tempo.

> >

> > Now I'm stuck w the Ping Tour 85x that's a little too stiff and the Tensei 80 that's too soft. Maybe the 90 TX is the answer? I don't mind the profile of either, and the weight of the 85x (likely around 98 grams) is closer to right. I was surprised how light the Tensei felt, and it was actually a hair longer, maybe a quarter or eighth. The 80TX is 86 grams raw to the 90TXs 95 grams

> >

> > The Tensei Pro Blue 80TX I just bought for 3-wood is perfect. It's much stiffer than the hybrid Tensei. Anyone know what to do here?

>

> Is the one you got the Pro or regular Tensei Blue? I found the Tensei CK (non pro) to be kinda loose. Haven't had a chance to hit the Pro version, but I understand that they are a bit lower torque and tip stiffer.

> I'm playing the G410 19* hybrid with the Tour 85 regular flex currently and was looking at the Tensei Blue K Pro 80 stiff for a little smother feel, just cant find a place to try it.

So I think in the hybrids I think they're all the Pro model. Theres the AV model, but this is the CK Pro available from right from the Ping factory. I'll post a pic soon

> @Poolparty said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > I suspect the shaft wasn’t tipped enough.

> It's something I'm thinking about. Calling Ping and @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" is something that's up there on the to do list.

>

> > @76mpg said:

> > > @nova6868 said:

> > > I love the Pro Blue profile, have the 60tx in my driver. Would love to try the 90tx hybrid, and also surprised that I haven't heard much about it.

> >

> > I have a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx in a callaway rogue 19* hybrid and play a 70tx in my M6. Very solid all around hybrid shaft nice mid to high ball flight.

> You still have it? The 90 seems to play similarly to the Pro Blue 70?

>

I still have it but am not using it at the moment, I’m going back to steel in my u85...I think the pro 70 plays a bit stronger than the pro 90, both tx but the 90 wouldn’t be an issue for you if you are 105 in a driver...jmho

74 grams. I’m pretty sure that’s why you don’t see this in that many hybrids. That is just too light for a hybrid shaft that people typically play closer to 3 iron length and not fairway wood length.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> @Poolparty - Hi there!

>

> The tip to graphic measurement to the "I" in Tensei is 17 1/2" for Pro Blue Hybrid.

>

> Let us know if you have any further questions!

>

> -Team MCA

Thanks, that's very helpful. I should be able to get some detailed pics today.

> @76mpg said:

> > @Poolparty said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > I suspect the shaft wasn’t tipped enough.

> > It's something I'm thinking about. Calling Ping and @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" is something that's up there on the to do list.

> >

> > > @76mpg said:

> > > > @nova6868 said:

> > > > I love the Pro Blue profile, have the 60tx in my driver. Would love to try the 90tx hybrid, and also surprised that I haven't heard much about it.

> > >

> > > I have a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx in a callaway rogue 19* hybrid and play a 70tx in my M6. Very solid all around hybrid shaft nice mid to high ball flight.

> > You still have it? The 90 seems to play similarly to the Pro Blue 70?

> >

>

> I still have it but am not using it at the moment, I’m going back to steel in my u85...I think the pro 70 plays a bit stronger than the pro 90, both tx but the 90 wouldn’t be an issue for you if you are 105 in a driver...jmho

>

You never hit the 80 by any chance?

> @KevCannon said:

> 74 grams. I’m pretty sure that’s why you don’t see this in that many hybrids. That is just too light for a hybrid shaft that people typically play closer to 3 iron length and not fairway wood length.

I believe Ping measures the weight after it's cut so they always look a little lighter.

Update: based on the measurements I took today the shaft is not tipped. Good call Noodle. My guess would be Ping does not tip them on purpose but I’m going to call tomorrow to check. If any of you guys want it message me before I try to return it. I’m starting to think the 90 is the move for me anyway.

• Like 1

> @Poolparty said:

> Update: based on the measurements I took today the shaft is not tipped. Good call Noodle. My guess would be Ping does not tip them on purpose but I’m going to call tomorrow to check. If any of you guys want it message me before I try to return it. I’m starting to think the 90 is the move for me anyway.

Tipping it based on Mitsubishi’s chart should make a world of difference.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @KevCannon said:

> 74 grams. I’m pretty sure that’s why you don’t see this in that many hybrids. That is just too light for a hybrid shaft that people typically play closer to 3 iron length and not fairway wood length.

The 74 is for the stiff. I have only seen him talking about the 80tx which is 81g.

I am guessing the 70 the others are mentioning is a fwy or driver.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a G410 #4 hybrid with Pro Blue 80 stiff and so far very happy with it.

Went ahead and ordered one to replace the Tour 85 in my #3 as it lacks feel to me.

Hopefully it will feel as good as the #4

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

I play the Pro White in my hybrid and LOVE it. I play the Pro Blue in my driver though.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 5 months later...

All, it has been a few months since this post and was hoping some of you had up to date feedback on the tensei pro blue hybrid shaft. Im looking at a g410 2 17* hybrid and debating between the tour 85 S and the tensei ck pro blue 80 tx. They only had a shorted 4h tensei ck pro blue in the store that feel pretty good. Felt like it was more lively and active than the tour 85 S but havent hit out on course. Any new updates on either shaft?

I love them. I have it in all 3 of my G410s.

Way more stable than the non pro version

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

I have the Pro Blue 80TX in my ‘20 CLK 19* hybrid and I’ve honestly never hit a hybrid so well. The Pro Blue is the smoothest shaft I’ve tried and provided the most consistent launch angle, spin, shape, and dispersion out of several of the 2020 hybrid setups. It performed well enough that I had them source a pro blue in addition to the white and orange for my driver fitting in the morning.

Driver SS: 118 Hybrid SS: 111

I use the 19* hybrid as a 240-250 carry club almost exclusively off the turf.

great info. i am in the same boat as you but a little slower on the speed. will be using a 17* hybrid almost exclusively off the turf as a 240 club as i have a harder time with getting a high enough launch using a wood due to my steeper AoA. Glad to hear that the shaft is holding up for you. I have heard a couple people mention that it felt loose to them but if it is holding up to your speed, i should have no issue with looseness at 10mph slower.