***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Which ball for the winter?

Sunster ·  
SunsterSunster Members  381WRX Points: 44Posts: 381 Greens

Which ball are you putting in play this winter?
I’ve been enjoying my season playing the pro v1x but suspect it’ll play too hard for the cold Canadian winter. Maybe go with the q-star. What are you going to play?

Posted:
TM M6 Driver Hzrdus Red 6.0 (trimmed 1 inch with 10g weight)
TM M6 3 wood Fujikura Atmos Orange 6S (trimmed 0.5 inch)
TM M4 3 & 4 hybrids,
Srixon U85 5 hybrid iron
Srixon Z785 6-A irons in Nippon Modus 105 S
Cleveland 588 RTX-3 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Damascus #9HT
Post edited by Sunster on

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6737WRX Points: 331Posts: 6,737 Titanium Tees

Thinking something two piece and soft, Soft Feel.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kfree1966kfree1966 Members  16WRX Points: 11Handicap: 9.0Posts: 16 Bunkers

Normally use Snell Get Sum. Great price and works well.

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4062WRX Points: 415Handicap: 7Posts: 4,062 Titanium Tees

Since I play a fairly soft ball (Z-Star or ProV1) I use it all year round. Living in Maryland the winters are fairly moderate with some exceptions - then I stay home. I will go into my box of cart-path balls when the leaves are on the ground.

Posted:
  • cljdancljdan Members  217WRX Points: 59Handicap: 7.8Posts: 217 Fairways

I'll probably switch over to the Pinnacle Soft in the colder SC months. One, I like the way it feels and two, I don't mind as much if I lose one in the middle of the fairway in the leaves because of the cheap price!

Posted:
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver w/Fujikura 757 XStiff
    Taylormade 2017 HL 3W 16.5
    Ping I20 Hybrids 17 & 20 Stock Stiff
    Ping IE 1 5-PW White Dot w/Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 CB
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54.10S & 58.12K
  • daveltbdaveltb Members  337WRX Points: 97Posts: 337 Greens

Whatever balls I haven't lost by then. :)

Posted:
  • macedanmacedan Members  423WRX Points: 131Handicap: 18Posts: 423 Greens

I'll probably stay with my K-Sig, but Supersofts, Duo Softs, and TF D2 Feels are all good winter balls.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 '17 10.5*
    Taylormade M2 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade P790 (4-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50/09
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54/11
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58/11
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Taylormade Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover
    Cart: TGW Players 

Advertisement
  • xkilgorextroutxxkilgorextroutx Members  408WRX Points: 107Handicap: 15.5Posts: 408 Greens

Duo or I'll finish up my supply of Gamer Softs

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25613WRX Points: 2,831Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,613 ClubWRX

On -, @Sunster said:

Which ball are you putting in play this winter?
    I’ve been enjoying my season playing the pro v1x but suspect it’ll play too hard for the cold Canadian winter. Maybe go with the q-star. What are you going to play?

It's August and I personally think you should be banned for bringing up winter, regardless of you living in the Great White North.

Posted:
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members  1128WRX Points: 277Handicap: 3 to 4Posts: 1,128 Platinum Tees

Vice Pro Soft work fine for winter here in N TX

Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ Tensei AV Blue 65
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 2.0 Slate 58/64
    Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab 7 Mini
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members  1813WRX Points: 364Posts: 1,813 Platinum Tees

I usually play the Wilson 50/50 elite when it gets colder.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • macedanmacedan Members  423WRX Points: 131Handicap: 18Posts: 423 Greens

On -, @Markrip said:

+1, the 50 elite is also a good budget ball for anytime of year tbh

Posted:
    TaylorMade M2 '17 10.5*
    Taylormade M2 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade P790 (4-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50/09
    Taylormade Milled Grind 54/11
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58/11
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Taylormade Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover
    Cart: TGW Players 

Advertisement
  • VGVGVGVG Bryn Mawr, PAMembers  80WRX Points: 56Handicap: 6Posts: 80 Fairways

I was planning to play my TP5X during the winter, since their lower green side spin won’t put me in trouble. Is that a good idea?

Posted:
  • PhiresidePhireside Members  1385WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,385 Platinum Tees

On -, @macedan said:

On -, @Markrip said:

+1, the 50 elite is also a good budget ball for anytime of year tbh

this is the answer.

Posted:
  • Oett11Oett11 Columbia MoMembers  156WRX Points: 44Handicap: 6.3Posts: 156 Fairways

I like using the B e6 soft when it gets below 50 degrees here in the midwest. The 50 elite and the duo soft are also in my bag.

Posted:

Taylormade SIm 9* RIPx 75 S tipped .75
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* Rogue White 70x
    Mizuno clk 19* Tensei Pro white 90
    Wilson Staff Model 4-pw X100 ss1
    Wilson Staff Model 50/56
    Odssey Stroke Lab #3 35

• PulledabillPulledabill Members  460WRX Points: 72Handicap: 6Posts: 460 Greens

I really like the Srixon soft feel, but I will play a Callaway Supersoft, or really any womens ball. Its wet here in Oregon so I wont actually buy a ball for winter as I find 100s in the summer to use.

Posted:
  • Jackal66Jackal66 Members  316WRX Points: 103Handicap: 22Posts: 316 Greens

Callaway Super soft, or Titleist Tru soft.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BogeySwineBogeySwine Members  34WRX Points: 23Handicap: 11Posts: 34 Bunkers

I save quite a few found balls throughout the summer season and keep the lower cost balls in good condition in a container and start using them when the leaves start to fall. I don't like to look for a ball in fall conditions with all the colored leaves on the ground. On the upside, playing an early round in the fall, we usually find quite a few in the near rough from the previous evening player's.

Posted:
  • ByeBye EnglandMembers  1366WRX Points: 125Handicap: 0.9Posts: 1,366 Platinum Tees

I normally use the same type all year round. However I might use a Pro v1 if it’s a windy day. It gets fairly cold over here.

Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.