NEW PING iBLADE IN 2020?

13»

Comments

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, Canada 7954WRX Points: 278Handicap: ScotchMembers Posts: 7,954

Going to Ping in Feb., hope to see/hear about new releases!?

Posted:
    In the bag:

Demoing for 2020.

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New England 972WRX Points: 306Handicap: +2.8Members Posts: 972

I said it before, but I think what PING needs to do is re-release their S55 irons with an updated (maybe larger) elastomer backside and their new Hydropearl 2.0 finish. They don't even need to bother changing a think on the iron apart from refreshed looks, call it the iBlade 2.0 or S54's and they would have a hot seller.

Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • leftycabeleftycabe Iowa 128WRX Points: 94Handicap: GolfClubWRX Posts: 128

100% agree. Make them feel as soft as the i210s with the looks of the iblade or a more compact version of i210s. I just hope they make them with the sharper angles like the blueprints. Hoping they get rid of the more curved toe like the 7-PW of the i210s. I’d be sending my money as quickly as possible. It’d be great if these came in stealth but only if the water wicking properties still exist.

Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83  5670WRX Points: 428Members Posts: 5,670

They need to refine the sole a bit on iblade,

Posted:
  • ALIFALIF Arizona 2719WRX Points: 290Members Posts: 2,719
    Posted:
    $$$$
  • goheels11goheels11  454WRX Points: 145Handicap: 2ClubWRX Posts: 454

I deliver the club on a shallow path, so Iblades are ideal for me. I like playing other players distance irons, but when greens firm up and I need spin, iblades are it. They are back as my main set now, and would love to see the 2.0 version. Unlike many others here, please don’t take my spin!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TylerJ89TylerJ89  216WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 216

Hopefully the iBlade 2.0 Leake will be coming soon... I’ve been waiting for a long time. I just saw it trademarked on Pings website.... so that’s good news.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST - 8.5* - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0 TS
    Ping G400 - 17.5* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue 70 X
    Srixon Z U85 - 20* - Accra FX 2.0 300H M5
    Ping iBlade - 4-W - True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Titleist Vokey - 50*F/54*S/58*D - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
    TaylorMade Spider X - 34.5" - SuperStroke GTR 1.0
    TaylorMade TP5
  • granata10granata10 Michigan 524WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 524

They have had the trademark for a while, but I am also hoping for something new. About to get a new set of irons but waiting to see what gets released at PGA show

Posted:
    Ping G30 LST 10.5*
    Callaway XR Pro 16*
    G400 hybrid 19*
    Ping i500 4 iron
    Ping i210 5-UW
    Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54* & 60*
    Ping Nome TR
  • uglandeuglande  303WRX Points: 207Members Posts: 303

Too late for me now, Ping. I'm already infatuated with my new MP-20s. Let's talk again when iBlade 3.0 comes out.

Posted:
    TM M5 (Hzrdus Blk)
    TM OO (Hzrdus Blk)
    Titleist U500 2, 3, 4 (Hzrdus Blk)
    Mizuno MP20 5-P (Modus 120)
    Titleist SM7 54S, 58D (Dynamic Gold)
    TM Spider & Titleist ProV1x #68
  • BCC1898BCC1898  268WRX Points: 104Members Posts: 268

They’ve really mucked up this release.

Posted:
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New England 972WRX Points: 306Handicap: +2.8Members Posts: 972

Surprised there’s no iBlade 2.0 release yet. I know PING doesn’t rush things, but IMO they’ve screwed up by not releasing this one sooner. It’s been what, 3+ years since the original iBlade came out? Other companies have released tons of options by then that have taken people away from PING (even for a little bit). I think it was a mistake not to release the iBlade 2.0 when the Glide 3.0 wedges came out, because PING currently has no option that blends nicely into those wedges. The finishes on their irons are different, the styling is all different, I think PING needs to clean up their iron/wedge area and get their branding and offerings more consistent.

I would think any OEM’s goal would be to have enough options where a player could game their brand throughout the entire bag. Take a note from Titleist that releases just the right amount of options where everything blends perfectly together and you could play their entire brand top to bottom. Just my opinion though.

Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer

Advertisement
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX  1803WRX Points: 262Members Posts: 1,803

Agreed I went to the P760s but if a new iBlade came out odds are I would have got them instead

Posted:

Guys they do this usually on thier players irons, s56 stayed around forever absolutely ever, s55 too and now I blade.

Posted:

Just because that's how it has always been in the past doesn't mean that's the best way moving forward. With how many products other OEM's release, I feel as though PING is missing out on market share by not being slightly more competitive in their release cycles.

Posted:
    - Arnold Palmer

Their response was that the s56 was so good amongst tour pros feedback they didn’t want to change it, same with s55. They had mentality if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and they don’t really sell many of these players clubs.

Posted:
  • HedgehogHedgehog EU 463WRX Points: 168Handicap: 5Members Posts: 463

I have never had an issue of spinning my iBlades too much, seems like a ton of tour players still gaming them don't have that issue also..

Maybe it's not an issue in the design 😄

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65X
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 Crossover AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56/60° Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
    Titleist ProV1 2019

Advertisement
  • BCC1898BCC1898  268WRX Points: 104Members Posts: 268

Understandable, but you can’t even order iBlades. I’m forced to go away from Ping being that there’s no updated iBlade and we all know the i210 is being replaced mid-summer.

Posted:
  • tobiasjdtobiasjd  493WRX Points: 85Members Posts: 493

I think you hit on it that the percentage of business drives the decision more so with these irons than anything else. Ping makes their money with the G400/700 series. Beyond that, the i200 series have probably done okay. I just don't think they sell any iBlades and even fewer Blueprints. Hence, no urgency to put out new releases. It's not even worth it for them to keep producing the existing heads for a full cycle.

Posted:
    Cobra King LTD Black
    Titleist 910FD 15° 3w
    Callaway Apex 3-4h
    PING iBlade 5 - PW
    PING Glide 50° SS
    Titleist Vokey 54° S, 60° K
    Bettinardi BB1
  • TServosTServos  478WRX Points: 147Members Posts: 478

I’ve been playing Pings for a long time... which is to say I played the i3 Blades for about 6 years and I’ve been playing the i20’s for about 7. It’s about time for a new set and I’m not feeling it from Ping... I don’t love any of their clubs. Thinking of moving over to Mizuno if Ping doesn’t put out something I like....I’ll give them a year.

Posted:
    Ping

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.