***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Are Toulons Being Faked?

elocma ·  
elocmaelocma Members  7WRX Points: 10Posts: 7 Bunkers

Has anyone seen any counterfeit Toulon Austins? Looking at previous gen with the sight line on top specifically.

Posted:

Comments

• DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1737WRX Points: 1,007Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,737 Platinum Tees

Resale is poor enough as is, would be a bad choice to counterfeit. I am unaware of counterfeits this far.

Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  4084WRX Points: 1,067Posts: 4,084 Titanium Tees

Given their cost I just haven't been impressed with any Toulon I've seen to date

Posted:
    TEE EXS 220 10.5*
    TEE EXS 220 15*
    TEE EXS Pro 19*/22*
    W/S Staff Model 5-P
    W/S Staff Model 52/56/60
    TM TP Juno
  • elocmaelocma Members  7WRX Points: 10Posts: 7 Bunkers

Are they that bad or is it the price point? Milled blade putters with a top sight line are hard to find and the Austin looks nice in pictures. But I have no interest in paying 400$ for one and don't feel right going into golf shops with no intention of buying new at retail price. Used market is sub $200 all day long.

Posted:
  • JackpotJohnnyJackpotJohnny Members  2719WRX Points: 274Posts: 2,719 Titanium Tees

Yep, used prices have dropped thru the floor, probably not much value in counterfeiting.

I like their putters, but from a resale standpoint it’s been the worst golf purchase I’ve ever made.

Posted:
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX

No counterfeits I’ve ever seen. When they first started the line I loved the shapes but was underwhelmed with every one I have ever touched. The feel is average and the cost is just too high.

Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members  882WRX Points: 618Posts: 882 Golden Tee

I have a feeling that some of the resale value is lost because Toulons just do not wear well, at least the pre-full diamond face milling ones. They show a lot of sole and face wear and it doesn't seem to take much to ding them. For that reason, used Toulons often look pretty grungy in pictures.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero driver
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Cobra F9 5 wood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.
    Ping Heppler ZB3
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members  1682WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,682 Platinum Tees

I love my Atlanta. Unique shape for Toulon. Some others kind of come close but they are more rounded on the back. Bought a lile new used one over a year ago for $150ish. Heck of a deal.

Posted:
    8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* TM M1 w/80x Black Tie
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    Titleist SM6 52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S 
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade TP5
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3736WRX Points: 725Posts: 3,736 Titanium Tees

love my portland. Feel is superior to many camerons i have tested..except my Bobby Grace Artist Series...no other comes close. Will even get the Columbus Toulon soon. At the resale prices...a bargain for quality work

Posted:
    SIM 10.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD
    Cobra LTD PRO 
    EVO III FUJI/ Graffaloy Blue
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    Adams XTD TI Hybrid 21-23*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    SC Newport 2.6
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

• ryan84ryan84 Members  190WRX Points: 60Handicap: 7Posts: 190 Fairways

Resale is so low because of CPO. No idea why they list Toulon on there, but it has totally devalued the brand.

Posted:
    SIM MAX 10.5 - Diamana D+ 70x
    Sim Max 15 deg - GD AD VR 7x
    TM M3 19 deg hybrid - Tensei blue 80 x-stiff
    Ping iblades 4-pw - proj x 6.5
    Vokey SM7 - proj x 6.5

Toulon San Diego - Golf Pride Tour SNSR
    OR
    2016 Bettinardi BB1 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.