***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

JPX919 Hot Metal irons review

CharlesWright ·  
CharlesWrightCharlesWright Ardmore, Al.Members  2WRX Points: 10Handicap: Around 8Posts: 2 Starters

How are these?

Posted:

Comments

• greggj77greggj77 Members  95WRX Points: 67Posts: 95 Fairways

They are great... Beautiful, smooth, very forgiving and EXTREMELY LONG.

Thats the reason I have to move on and am selling mine, they are too long. I know its not a problem for a lot of folks but, I have gamed a Variation of ping irons fo the last few years and these are 15 yards longer. I am puring shots and hitting them 10-15 yards over the green.

A little back ground I am an 8.4 index (I would say long irons 4-6, are my weakness). I have gone the the blade / players irons route in the past but, with my kids sports I am gettin out less and prefer a GI club.

My normal yardages with my Ping G irons / 919 HM's:

4i: 220 / 235

5i: 202/215

6i: 188/200

7i: 174/190

8i: 162/175

9i: 150/165

w: 138/155

This has really made my shortgame difficult as the gaps between my scoring wedges and the hot metals are too much for me. I want to love them so much, I really like everything about them but, the distances make them near unplayable for me. I hit a 7i flush and it went 194yds. I don't want my 7i doing that. If you need help with distance i highly recommend these clubs. They are just for lack of a better word too hot for me. I can see how these would be a dream club for someone looking for a beautifull, forgiving distance club.

with that said, anyone else having problems with the distance on the new irons? I am looking to sell my 919 HMs and buy something in the next week or so? Any recommendations that I should be looking at?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Sguaglia11Sguaglia11 Members  21WRX Points: 20Posts: 21 Bunkers
    Posted:
  • greggj77greggj77 Members  95WRX Points: 67Posts: 95 Fairways

They are... DM me if interested. They are essentially new. 4 rounds and 2 range session on them. Project X LZ shafts 4-G., MCC Plus 4 Align Grips. Beautiful clubs.

Posted:
  • iNeedMoreGolfiNeedMoreGolf RiMembers  497WRX Points: 212Handicap: 14Posts: 497 Greens

So your 4 iron is my 3 wood and pw is my 7 in these?

Who are you brooks koepka?

Im gonna have to say play some players irons even if you dont practice enough.

Posted:
  • Sguaglia11Sguaglia11 Members  21WRX Points: 20Posts: 21 Bunkers

If they were HMPs I'd be all over it.

Posted:
  • sethdavidsdadsethdavidsdad Members  1988WRX Points: 181Handicap: 2Posts: 1,988 Platinum Tees

I did a demo with the Hot Metal Pros and loved them. Currently I have the MB MP20's. I liked the Hot Metals so much I went ahead and ordered them. My only concern is the distance. Like Greggj77 said I'm concerned about the gapping. I will see how it plays out when I get my set in this week.

Miss hits with the Hot Metals feel great compared to my Blades.

Posted:
    TM Sim Tour AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 plus 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
    TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Velocore 8x
    Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
    Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members  6852WRX Points: 98Handicap: 9.8Posts: 6,852 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Red 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115 ● SeeMore Nashville
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members  6852WRX Points: 98Handicap: 9.8Posts: 6,852 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Red 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115 ● SeeMore Nashville
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4744WRX Points: 558Posts: 4,744 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
    CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
    TAYLORMADE P790, 4, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 54/10F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
    SCOTTY CAMERON Custom BOS Torched Newport 2 Putter
    NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black
    SUN MOUNTAIN 20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black
    GARMIN Approach Z82, GPS/Rangefinder
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.