Xphlexxx Testing Results Shown in Last Post!

Dscvrr St Louis

Can you order these with OEM adaptors installed?

I just order the adapters thru Golfworks.

Crap. Ok thanks.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Looks awesome! I've been interested in the Agera for a while.

Tour Issue Drizzle Stick??? Heard Rumors it was a Dual Canopy that the wind couldn't bust at Hurricane Levels!!

100% fact right there. That thing is straight diesel fuel.

Looks awesome! I've been interested in the Agera for a while.

While going thru the swing changes kept the CK Pro White in the bag, since I wanted a consistent feel, but was playing the Red before with great results. These are even better results after the swing change...I am 7-8 yards more carry after vs before the change with the Red. Was avging 250-251 before. Longest with Agera was 262 carry.

Very nice! Can't hate distance gain AND accuracy! Well done!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Whole swing change was to get a nice consistent Slight Pull Fade that is repeatable. Still low enough launch and spin to run quite a bit after impact. So should be in the 285 yard total range and at 50 yrs old can't complain about that one.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

So is the fowler proto with the Pistol Pete design available to public or is it something that is limited and you and J13 have been fortunate to get? Want to try that for several reasons.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

So is the fowler proto with the Pistol Pete design available to public or is it something that is limited and you and J13 have been fortunate to get? Want to try that for several reasons.

Sent you a pm.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What is the difference between the Red Stripe and the OG? I didn't see any numbers for the OG on your screen.

I think J13 had, or still has, all of the different models of the Agera. I don't remember him posting the technical differences, besides the weight differences, but he might know more about the bend profile and other differences.

The original ion and Red stripe are the same from what I understand just slightly different weight ranges and a different painting process which believe it or not can effect feel. Ion / OG is 73g and my Red Stripe is 76g. I believe Red stripes are heavier on average of about 4-5g. The Rickie Proto/Copper was made based on the profile he likes which is like a white board profile but counter balanced. It also has a different resin or something that makes it feel a bit more active IMO. Hope that helps I know just enough to be dangerous :D

I agree with everything he just posted. I've been fortunate enough to own all three as well, Agera, Red Stripe, and the Proto. I had the OG Agera in an XR head last year and when I got the LTD head this year, I lent it to a buddy and let's just say I haven't seen it since.

The painting process does actually make a difference between the Agera and the Red Stripe. I liked the Agera, haven't cared much for the Red Stripe, and am currently playing the Proto in my LTD now. I don't know if it's the combo of the LTD head and the Red, but they just don't work for me together. It's the only head I've hit the Red with.

Whenever I get the next driver, one of the first things I want to do is put that adapter on the Red and give it another go.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

I've always followed Xphlexxx posts closely because of my prior love of Veylix shafts, especially the Rome. I don't think I've ever hit a better combo than my SLDR/Rome 688x that I had two seasons ago. Really have wanted to try an Agera (because the weight class was more of my preference compared to the 60-ish gram Rome), but was always put off by the "girls" on the shaft (I know, cosmetic concerns should be minor, but it's just not really my style). Does the new red paint job or orange version tone down or eliminate that art? I'm not currently satisfied with my setup, the shaft specifically, and wanted to possibly pick up a new shaft option to mess with during the long Wisconsin winter/golf offseason.

BTW, thanks for the data!

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

I've always followed Xphlexxx posts closely because of my prior love of Veylix shafts, especially the Rome. I don't think I've ever hit a better combo than my SLDR/Rome 688x that I had two seasons ago. Really have wanted to try an Agera (because the weight class was more of my preference compared to the 60-ish gram Rome), but was always put off by the "girls" on the shaft (I know, cosmetic concerns should be minor, but it's just not really my style). Does the new red paint job or orange version tone down or eliminate that art? I'm not currently satisfied with my setup, the shaft specifically, and wanted to possibly pick up a new shaft option to mess with during the long Wisconsin winter/golf offseason.

Red has same graphics, the Ric doesn't have any girls on it!!

I like the girls..but I am single...soooooo

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

funny thing is i've had my agera for 18 months and never noticed the graphics were girls until yesterday.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

^^^^That is funny, because that is why I have not gotten one. Didn't want to offend playing partners who had daughters and sure did not want to get the look from the wife.

Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V

^^^^That is funny, because that is why I have not gotten one. Didn't want to offend playing partners who had daughters and sure did not want to get the look from the wife.

Well i certainly dont know your playing partners or your wife but i'd bet my agera that neither will even get close to noticing. Unless you look closely at the "right angle", one would never notice.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

funny thing is i've had my agera for 18 months and never noticed the graphics were girls until yesterday.

That is funny!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I just tell my playing partners they were just outdriven by a bunch of women!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

do your playing partners really look that much into them and notice?? Ive probably had a dozen or so friends, random store workers, look at it asking what shaft it is and not one has noticed!

Piretti Savona 

That is good.

Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V

That is good.

The RF proto graphics are my favorite.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

do your playing partners really look that much into them and notice?? Ive probably had a dozen or so friends, random store workers, look at it asking what shaft it is and not one has noticed!

I show my partner's and haven't had even one NOT SAY...OH COOL!!!

Although I do understand how someone could not want them on the shaft for whatever reason.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Looks more noticeable on the red. Maybe it's the reflection/glare on the original that throws it off.

Piretti Savona 

Can you give any input as to how the agera plays compared to a F7m2 ltd? Both are low spin, just wondering if they are close? Any help anyone can give would be great.

I've never hit that Ozik shaft. When I'm swinging well the Agera creates a piercing flight that wind doesn't bother. It rolls out much more than anticipated. Very accurate. Hardly any torque which most players may take getting comfortable with. I hit the white with red graphics. I don't notice the graphics at all. Can't believe any golfer would be concerned about them even using in front of wife or daughter. Get over yourself.

One thing I've noticed (which I prefer) is that the Agera prefers to be swing aggressive. When hit well it seems to fly even better, Hard to describe but that's what I feel. I'm also able to draw and cut at will. Nice options.

Paired extremely well with VFP head and now I use in M2 but took me awhile to get the M2 head weight just right. GOOD LUCK!

Can you give any input as to how the agera plays compared to a F7m2 ltd? Both are low spin, just wondering if they are close? Any help anyone can give would be great.

Agera has stiffer mid and lower torque then F7m2 LTD. I find easy launch with flat ball flight...tight baby fade I hit is running hard when it lands.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Ok, I have an agera in my Adams xtd driver and super ls 3w. I'm looking at a m2, so the tips will be the same. But there is a nice f7m2 Ltd for sale now for cheap $. Was just wondering if they were similar

If you need a bit less spin and a flatter ball flight the Agera is amazing for me for those reasons. I play a baby cut fade or straight ball and love the top of the apex being flatter.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• 3 months later...

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I tossed the Busa Liquid II in my 9.5* M2 today and have never driven the ball better in my life. The ballflight is high, but really flat and the carry is bit better than my Diamana D+ and much better than the Aldila Rouge Silver. I am not the biggest fan of the graphics, but I will deal with them due to the performance. I need to get some numbers to back up what I saw today on the course and the range, but the numbers will just confirm what I saw today. The shaft flat out performs for my swing.

Dscvrr St Louis is right these shafts are great.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq Red 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

• 3 years later...

You might want to redirect your inquiry to Leif Dscvrr St Louis as Rob has been gone from WRX for a few years now.

Edited by nitram
spelling

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.