New Titleist TS drivers

191012141520

Comments

  • allen8862allen8862 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    These look AMAZING!
  • tleadertleader Members Posts: 557 ✭✭
    Interesting about the Rogue Black 60. Still on their custom lists, and I was almost fit into it at the National Fitting Centre.
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX
    I’m still loving the look of TS3, but I’m still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn’t care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it’s been pretty inconsistent do me. I’ve just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I’ve ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I’ve got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I’ll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was “fitted” into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I’m not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    bogeypro wrote:


    I'm still loving the look of TS3, but I'm still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn't care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it's been pretty inconsistent do me. I've just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I've ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I've got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I'll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was "fitted" into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.




    Aren't the titleist tips for 917 line and ts line the same? (when I see "pull" I think of pulling the shaft out of the adapter)
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX
    Coy M wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:


    I'm still loving the look of TS3, but I'm still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn't care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it's been pretty inconsistent do me. I've just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I've ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I've got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I'll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was "fitted" into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.




    Aren't the titleist tips for 917 line and ts line the same? (when I see "pull" I think of pulling the shaft out of the adapter)




    Yes they the same. I mean pull as in pulled it out of that one and put it in this one.



    FYI, I think I have it figured out. I was hitting everything toward the heel. I flattened the setting (b1setting) and that seems to have helped. Put in a diamana d+ 70 instead of the smoke 6.5 60 gram staff. The added weight always seems to help me.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • davo32683davo32683 Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭
    Anyone located a source for TS2 weights yet?
    Nothing is safe in my bag!
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    davo32683 wrote:


    Anyone located a source for TS2 weights yet?




    Apparently Titleist said the individual weights wont be available until December. Sourced through my Titleist contact.
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MB 7-PW - DG X100 SS
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club
  • cane700cane700 Members Posts: 2,025 ✭✭
    I'm using 917 weights in mine.



    I've collected a few Titleist tip shafts over the years. Took the Rogue silver 60 from my old 915d3 and put it on the TS3. It's money. I like it better than the even flow white.
  • uglandeuglande Members Posts: 137 ✭✭
    edited Oct 31, 2018 #340
    bogeypro wrote:


    I'm still loving the look of TS3, but I'm still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn't care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it's been pretty inconsistent do me. I've just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I've ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I've got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I'll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was "fitted" into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I'm not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.




    I did the same thing. I have the TS3 and hated the Evenflow shaft (literally everything about it) and wasn't a fan of smoke either. The perfect fit was to take my 917 D2 shaft (Diamana LTD White) and put it in the TS3. Magic. The sound and feel of this combination are awesome.



    Because the D2 driver was shorter than the TS3, I took the weight from my D2 head, which is heavier than the standard TS weight, and put it into the TS head. This added the right amount of extra head weight to account for the shorter shaft. So now I'm able to play the TS3 at 45 inches instead of the TS standard of 45.50.
    Wood (8.5) TITLEIST TS3 - Mitsubishi Diamana White LTD
    Wood (13.5) TITLEIST TS3 - Mitsubishi Diamana White LTD
    Iron (17.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (21.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (23.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (26.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (30.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (35.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (40.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (45.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Wedge (50.0) TITLEIST Vokey SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
    Wedge (54.0) TITLEIST Vokey SM7-S - Dynamic Gold
    Wedge (60.0) TITLEIST Vokey SM7-D - Dynamic Gold
    Putter TAYLORMADE Spider Center-Shafted
    Ball TITLEIST ProV1x
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,065 ✭✭
    edited Oct 31, 2018 #341
    bogeypro wrote:


    I’m still loving the look of TS3, but I’m still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn’t care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it’s been pretty inconsistent do me. I’ve just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I’ve ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I’ve got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I’ll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was “fitted” into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I’m not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.
    I can tell this series is VERY shaft sensitive. I’ve been burning through trials and think I finally found the one that works for me. I’ve noticed it even changes the sound/feel of the head, pretty amazing.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 1, 2018 #342
    Big Ben wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:


    I’m still loving the look of TS3, but I’m still struggling to find a shaft that helps me hit it as consistently as the 917d3. I was fitted into the evenflow white. Didn’t care for the feel. Tried the smoke, but it’s been pretty inconsistent do me. I’ve just pulled the backup shaft to my 917 (diamana d+ 70) and going to try it today. Just in case, I’ve ordered the aldila nv 2kxv blue 70 to give it a try in this head (I’ve got it well testing other drivers). Worst case, I’ll pull the motore speeder from my 917 and out in the ts3 (only problem with that is somebody is testing that one out right now to possibly purchase from me).



    Really hoping to get this dialed in soon. I think the problem is the shafts I was “fitted” into. I swing around 109 and I think I was put into too low launching of a shaft and I’m not comfortable with it. I prefer a mid launch and I think the low launch shafts with the low spin head is making me do stupid things.
    I can tell this series is VERY shaft sensitive. I’ve been burning through trials and think I finally found the one that works for me. I’ve noticed it even changes the sound/feel of the head, pretty amazing.




    Yes! The sound changes with shaft. I thought was interesting as well. I don’t remember my 917 doing that. Then again, I didn’t change shafts much on that one.



    It’s crazy... I cannot get a consistent flight. I love the look, but having a hard time getting a shaft that plays well on course. I can NOT get this driver to draw..in any setting or shaft that I have. I suspect the bulge and roll has been adjusted in these new drivers, but I can’t work it as well as I could the 917d3. My miss is strange too... I keep hitting toward the heel. I adjusted it flatter and that helped.



    I love the look of it though.



    The smoke 6.5 was crazy low spin for me. Too low. The ball looked like a marble going through the air. The ball did some crazy stuff in the air.



    D+ has better spin numbers and the trajectory is better and more predictable. The stiff tip makes it impossible for me to draw the ball (which is my preferred shape).



    Motore speeder 6.3 spun too much.



    Hoping this NV 70 arriving tomorrow will be the ticket. Mid launch, mid spin, 70 gram range that I like, smooth bend profile. I’ve like it in other clubs.



    Worst case, I’ve got an evolution ii speeder 757 here that I could put a Titleist tip on.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,065 ✭✭
    A good comparison would be the previous models (Honda) to the new driver (Ferrari). Which one is gonna be more fussy? That’s the price we pay for trying to squeak out ball speed. I’m not sure it’s worth it!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 4, 2018 #344
    NV blue 70 stiff came in yesterday (Dallas golf is awesome, btw). Went to the course today with. It’s excellent!!! I think I’ve finally found the shaft I’ve needed for this ts3.



    Shaft feels very smooth, but loose or sloppy. Great kick through impact with a good mid trajectory.



    Bonus, the matte black looks awesome with the head. Dallas golf even put a blue and black mcc+4 on it to make it pop.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,935 ✭✭
    I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 2,863 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:


    I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.
    The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold
    Titleist TS3 8.5* ...........................................Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 44.5" D5
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 14*......................Tensei Pro White 80TX 42.5" D3
    Taylormade TP UDI 18*.............................HandCrafted Hzrdus Black 105X 39.75" D4
    Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23*....Aldila Proto By You 85X D3
    Wilson FG Tour V6 5-Gw .........................PX LZ 6.5 +3/8" D2-D5 off 46* Pw
    Mizuno T7 55.09 .........................................PX LZ 6.5 35.5" D6
    Mizuno T7 60.06 .........................................DG TI S400 35.5" D6
    Tour Only Odyssey Jailbird Mini Versa | BWB | plumbers neck | WHP insert
    Bridgestone Tour B XS


  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,935 ✭✭

    TollBros wrote:


    I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.
    The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold




    As I said, HUGE improvement for Titleist. These drivers are actually competitive, which I wouldn't say about most of their recent offerings. They still aren't the lowest spin things on the market for sure, but for players who don't need massive spin reduction, they are a true viable choice this year. It's the first Titleist driver I would actually recommend to a certain type of player in a very long time. Again, we didn't find quite the same results as you did during testing, but I'm happy you found something you can swing with confidence and that performs for you. There's definitely something to say about how confidently a player swings a certain club.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • toddmanleytoddmanley Members Posts: 21 ✭✭
    After driving a 354 par 4 last week I'm sold on my TS2/Smoke 6.5 shaft - waiting for some additional weights from Titleist (had to purchase through my course's pro shop contact) to try out a few additional tweaks.
  • CTJCTJ Members Posts: 121
    edited Nov 6, 2018 #349
    TollBros wrote:


    TollBros wrote:


    I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.
    The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold




    As I said, HUGE improvement for Titleist. These drivers are actually competitive, which I wouldn't say about most of their recent offerings. They still aren't the lowest spin things on the market for sure, but for players who don't need massive spin reduction, they are a true viable choice this year. It's the first Titleist driver I would actually recommend to a certain type of player in a very long time. Again, we didn't find quite the same results as you did during testing, but I'm happy you found something you can swing with confidence and that performs for you. There's definitely something to say about how confidently a player swings a certain club.




    Obviously, these things are so very subjective. There is dry data and then there are real results on the course. For me, the TS3 is the best driver I have ever hit. I have it paired with the normal stock Hzrdus shaft. The combo must be perfect for my swing. I played 18 holes yesterday and hit 10 of 13 fairways when using this driver. I had one drive measured at 318 yards by my Golfshot Plus app. I had three other drives over 290. I am hitting this about 8 to 10 yards further on average than anything else I have tried and I am the ultimate club ho, having hit most of the other big names, including Ping G400/G400 LST, Callaway Rogue, Cobra 8+ and TaylorMade M3/M4. Something about this Titleist just clicks for me and I am only sorry I couldn’t have played this all year and that the golf season is all but over in my neck of the woods.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WITB

    Titleist TS3, Hzrdus Smoke, 6.0
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree fairway wood, Matrix Osik Red Tie S
    Callaway Great Big Bertha 16 (set to 17) degree fairway wood, Rogu I/O Silver S
    Titleist 818 H2, 21 (set to 20) and 23 (set to 24) degree Hybrids, Even Flow Blue, 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 919 F, 6 through pw, C Taper Lite S
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 50, 56 and 60
    Scotty Cameron CX-02
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,065 ✭✭
    I’m finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I’m finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I’m sold too!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,935 ✭✭
    CTJ wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    TollBros wrote:


    I will say, for Titleist guys, these are certainly the best heads they have made in recent memory. A definite step in the right direction for Titleist. Spin rates are actually down and ball speeds were very good. I still wouldn't choose one of these over a Taylormade, Callaway or Ping, but they closed the gap quite a bit with these.
    The TS3 smashed the Ping 400LST and Taylormade on GC Quad for me. 3mph more ball speed and the TS3 is easily the most forgiving driver i've owned. It will not go left. I have 9 full rounds with it now. I'm sold




    As I said, HUGE improvement for Titleist. These drivers are actually competitive, which I wouldn't say about most of their recent offerings. They still aren't the lowest spin things on the market for sure, but for players who don't need massive spin reduction, they are a true viable choice this year. It's the first Titleist driver I would actually recommend to a certain type of player in a very long time. Again, we didn't find quite the same results as you did during testing, but I'm happy you found something you can swing with confidence and that performs for you. There's definitely something to say about how confidently a player swings a certain club.




    Obviously, these things are so very subjective. There is dry data and then there is real results on the course. For me, the TS3 is the best driver I have ever hit. I have it paired with the normal stock Hzrdus shaft. The combo must be perfect for my swing. I played 18 holes yesterday and hit 10 of 13 fairways whit this driver. I had one driver measured at 318 yards by my Golfshot Plus app. I had three other drives over 290. I am hitting this about 8 to 10 yards further on average than anything else I have tried and I am the ultimate club ho, having hit most of the other big names, including Ping G400/G400 LST, Callaway Rogue, Cobra 8+ and TaylorMade M3/M4. Something about this Titleist just clicks for me and I am only sorry I couldn’t have played this all year and that the golf season is all but over in my neck of the woods.




    No question. What we do is collect raw date with a large group of scratch or better players. That's basically my job. Now saying that, certainly certain players will love the way a specific club sets up, looks, feels, sounds, etc. It basically checks all the boxes and you swing it with total confidence. As long as the numbers are decent, you tweak loft and shaft, dial it in and you have your new weapon. The data doesn't tell the subjectives, but all the little things can come together and give you something special. Seems like this is the box checker for you. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX
    I’m still struggling with my TS3. I believe I actually prefer the 917 to it. I like the feel of the 917 better and I am much more accurate with the 917.



    I think the ts3 is going up for sale.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • KgglonghornKgglonghorn ClubWRX Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:


    I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!




    shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    Big Ben wrote:


    I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!




    shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.


    It's all about the shaft man. Hzrdus yellow and the even flow white are very different shafts.
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MB 7-PW - DG X100 SS
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club
  • KgglonghornKgglonghorn ClubWRX Posts: 53 ✭✭

    Big Ben wrote:


    I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!




    shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.


    It's all about the shaft man. Hzrdus yellow and the even flow white are very different shafts.




    Yep i agree. I was going to try to locate a HZRDUS to put in it but then I am trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, so I am actually going to post the TS3 on the classifieds later this am. (I hope saying that doesn't get me in trouble:-)
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,065 ✭✭
    edited Nov 8, 2018 #356
    Heck no man use what works for you! I actually went the opposite direction, Hazrdus Yellow in the SZ to the Red in my TS3 but I do not spin the ball a lot so it helped me.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,258 ClubWRX


    Big Ben wrote:


    I'm finding my TS3 has about the same pop as my Rogue Sub did but I'm finding way more fairways with a straighter shot pattern. I'm sold too!




    shaft combos? I tried to switch to the TS3. Had one built with Evenflow white to see if it could replace Rogue SubZ/HZRDUS yellow. Spun more and flew higher. That was about the only difference I saw. Don't mean to derail the Titleist love, just didn't work for me but always willing to try again.


    It's all about the shaft man. Hzrdus yellow and the even flow white are very different shafts.




    Yep i agree. I was going to try to locate a HZRDUS to put in it but then I am trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist, so I am actually going to post the TS3 on the classifieds later this am. (I hope saying that doesn't get me in trouble:-)




    I’ve tried so many shafts in my ts3 and I can’t get it where I want it. Putting my 8.5 on the black today. Played duty my 917 yesterday again.... I really prefer the feeling it.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • jbo89jbo89 Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    What is the difference between the C16 and TS2/TS3? Would it be worth upgrading?
  • mizunoMX25mizunoMX25 Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    edited Nov 9, 2018 #359
    mizunoMX25 wrote:


    I've been playing the 913D2 for years. I'm not a long player anyway and I can make that club do whatever I like. However I did try the TS2 over the weekend and was pretty impressed. I'd say my good drives go about 250-255 and I was getting consistent 260-265 drives even with slight mishits with the TS2. The only rub is that my home course has a couple of holes that you absolutely must hit a cut on off the tee box. I could not make the TS2 cut. I could hit a straight pull, I could hit a double cross, or I could hit a 40 yard slice. I thought maybe it was my swing so I took out the 913 after the round and hit 5 in a row with a 10-15 yard butter cut. I'm going to try the TS3 and see if I can get the same distance with a little more workability. But on a hole where you can hit it straight or with a little bit of a draw, it was noticeably longer than other Titlleist drivers I've hit in the past. Was playing it 10.5 A1 with a Tensei blue shaft which I liked but didn't love.




    I went back to my local shop and requested a demo of the TS3 10.5 with the Kuro Kage S shaft. I had to bump it up to 11.25 to get the flight right but once I did...WOW. It was noticeably longer than most anything I've hit and I've tried a bunch of the new drivers looking for the right one. Not quite as forgiving as the TS2 so you've got to put a good move on it, but I was getting a good 15-20 yards extra from the 913. Enough so that 2 of my playing partners asked to hit the driver. One was playing an M3 and the other a G400. The Kuro Kage felt WAY bettter to me than the Tensei, and I was able to move it both ways if needed. I'm a bit concerned with the low spin I was getting on the monitor (somewhere around 2K or a little less), but I hit 5 balls on GC2 with mine, The TS2, The G400 Max, and the M3. Mine was shortest at 215 carry/240 total. M3 and G400 both at ~220/245. TS2 at 225/251. TS3 at 236/265. My dispersion was a little tighter with the TS2 and mine, slightly worse with the M3 and WAY worse with the G400 Max (Which baffles me as I thought it'd be a perfect candidate). Can't really argue with the numbers. I've ordered a TS3 with the Kuro Kage and may mess around with other shafts as I currently play a Matrix White Tie and have an 'Ilima sitting around somewhere. Might grab one of those fancy GD AD's too to try while I'm at it.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 GD AD IZ 6S
    Titleist TS2 15* GD AD DJ 7S
    Callaway OptiForce 5W
    818H1 3H 21*
    Srixon Z785 5-AW Aerotech i110 S
    Callaway 54/58 PM Grind 2019
    Scotty Cameron Newport / Machine M2A
  • DysfunkshunDysfunkshun Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Got my TS3 yesterday with the HZRDUS smoke, since I already have an EF white. Had a GT180 since March or so and while I was killing it in a demo, I've been mainly struggling with it on the course. Played with my buddies TS3 one round and everything was working. Kept trying to make the GT180 work for me, but it just wouldn't cooperate. So I played 9 today with it, the EF white was the winner over the smoke on the range and it translated to the course well too. Made for a much easier round stepping up to the tee box and not worrying about how far and which way I was gonna go, lol. Got 2 more rounds this weekend, so we'll see if I can keep it up, but I'm a fan so far
  • golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers Posts: 234 ✭✭
    I just went and got fitted yesterday for a new driver.



    Nothing else came close to the feel of the TS3. Almost had a heart attack when I ended up getting fitted into the KuroKage 60XT in X flex...talk about a sweet feeling shaft (and a hefty price tag)



    I was amazed at how much of a difference in feel there was hitting shafts side by side.



    I went in expecting to walk out with an M3, but I couldn’t consistently hit that thing to save my life. The twist face technology completely screwed with my head at address



    Ultimately I walked out the door with an 8.5 TS3 set at the A1 (neutral) setting. I ponied up and got the KuroKage shaft because for me it was just that much better.



    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    TaylorMade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.5
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    Mizuno MP-T7 50/06
    Mizuno MP-T7 54/08
    Mizuno MP-T7 58/12
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X
Sign In or Register to comment.