New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

I finally saw the TS demos at Edwin Watts yesterday. I didn't have time to hit them but my visual impression was surprisingly meh. I was hoping & expecting to like them based on the reviews & pics I've seen, but in person I was disappointed. The TS2 looks too triangular to me. Can't really put my finger on why the TS3 didn't appeal more, but it didn't. I've played nothing but Titleist drivers since the 975D & played the 905R longer than any driver I've ever played. It was the last club I bought new & I played it until 2015 when I replaced it with my current 910D3. I haven't seen anything in Titleist versions since then to tempt me to change.

I'm pre-disposed to like Titleist drivers, but if a club doesn't pass the eye test for me I usually end up passing on it. I'll definitely give both a test when I have more time & hope their performance proves me wrong, but right now I'm thinking I will stay with my 910D3.

Can anyone com-are Even Flow White to PX smoke? Who has hit both? Thx

I hit both durring my fitting, pretty similar for me, EFW is a bit more tip stiff. Numbers for me were pretty similar, I went with the smoke over the EFW because my preferred fade was tighter with the smoke.

Thx. Playing Handcrafted Black now and it works. Wonder which is more similar - Smoke or Evenflow. Did not get along with Evenflow Blue

For me the TS2 spun less than the Ping Max. Could be the shaft (EF6.0 in TS2 vs Ping Tour 65 stiff), but I def got more distance from TS2. Hit them both out on the course. TS2 also feels much better. And don’t get me wrong I’ve gamed the Max all year and like it a lot.

How would you compare the EF6.0 to the ping Tour 65? Thanks

Got my TS2 hzrdus smoke today. I'm not swinging great at the moment but I was really impressed with the combo on the range this afternoon. I've had a snap hook and a block fade in my bag at the moment to the point I've been hitting lots of 3 woods from the tee this weekend... but the ts2 had none of those in the 50 or so balls I hit on the range. The flight is towering but I can still work it both ways.

this should be fun, bunch of shafts, bunch of adaptors. Head to Head to Head

lLMdf4c.jpg

j0AbywA.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Had my TS3 back out at the range today. With the EFW, it is good. Was a little erratic but all in all would have been ok on the course. The feel is still lacking a little bit for me though. I had to stop in Roger Dunn after so I got to hit the TS2 with the smoke 6.0. The GC2 is still showing low spin numbers, in the 2000 range with a 9.5 degree head, 150 ball speed which is better than the TS3 gave me, but man it felt fantastic. No matter where on the face the ball hit, it felt good.

I am considering bringing the TS3 back for the TS2 but the spin numbers still concern me. How reliable is the GC2 when it comes to this, and what can I do to bring the spin up a little? Should I loft up to 10.5 or try a softer shaft?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

When I first saw the TS2 and 3 I didn't like the look very much. When I was able to hit some balls with it, it really surprised me. They feel so soft when you hit them and I really gained some yards with it. Played it with the HZRDS Smoke and really feels amazing ! Still don't like the look, but in my opinion it's better then the 917

I demo’d a TS2 today with the Tensei in it. Loved the look....the feel....and REALLY loved the sound. BUT in going head to head with my g400 max...the max won out. I really really hoped the TS2 was going to win and maybe in multiple head to heads it would, but today the max was the winner. My wallet is happy....

I demo’d a TS2 today with the Tensei in it. Loved the look....the feel....and REALLY loved the sound. BUT in going head to head with my g400 max...the max won out. I really really hoped the TS2 was going to win and maybe in multiple head to heads it would, but today the max was the winner. My wallet is happy....

Won out how, distance, dispersion, spin? All 3? Just curious... I'm sure it had to be close though no?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

No launch monitor...just the naked eye and it was just a grab and go with the Tensei stock option in stiff in the A1 setting (neutral) for the TS2 in a 9.5 head vs my 10.5 g400 max. Just wanted the eye test today. My SS is 96-102. I def hit some low spin bombs with the TS2 and centered strikes on good swings were comparable. I’d have loved to have tried it in a 10.5 head in the 45†length. But it wasn’t truly fair as I was fitted for my Ping. If I were unhappy with how the Ping was working for me, there was enough proof in what I was seeing today in my limited test, that i would go thru the fitting process on the TS2.

Got my TS3 today, 10.5 EFW 65 6.0, 45 inches. I am currently playing a Rogue SZ 10.5 Hzrdus yellow 75 6.0 45.5 inches. I found that the with the TS3 I tended to get strikes toward the heel. I adjusted it a couple times and once in the A2 setting 1.5 deg upright I got good center hits and much improved launch. I dont know,that my longest hit with the TS3 is longer than the longest with Rogue. I do know that the TS3 seemed more forgiving and I would guess front to back dispersion is better with TS3. TS3 feels hotter and more solid than Rogue. As far as shafts EFW felt very stable even in a lighter shaft. Just a little different release than the Yellow due to the counter balance. These are my first thoughts will have to get it on course to really get a good feel. My SS is around 105-108.

Ping G30 LS Tec 10.5 Tour 80S
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80S
Titleist AP2 714 3-PW
Mizuno MP-4t 52,56,60
Bettinardi BB8 Tour Prototype

gave it a try a week ago. i only swing around 93-95mph and i thought i pretty sure i would go for the TS2. but after a couple of swings with the tensei 55 S and some weight adjustments, the TS3 was way better for me. Higher ballflight, tighter dispersion and the carry was further.

plus the sound of the TS3 was so much better

So excited for mine to arrive.

Ordered the a TS3 with 8.5 degrees of loft and the Project X Even Flow T1100 in 6.0. My swing speed was averaging out around 105mph, ball speed 151, launch was 13.4, spin 1650 and carry 266. My 917D2 was the same swing speed, 146mph ball speed, 14.5 degrees of launch and 1907 spin for a carry of 254. 5 more miles in ball speed and 12 yards extra carry. That's a win win I would say :)

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Placed my order last night.

TS3, 8.5*, B2 with the Fujkura Speeder Evo TS 757X at 45" with the heavier weight. Swing usually fluctuates around 112-115ish (depending on how I wake up). Ball speed was up around 165-168mph, launch at 11* with roughly 2500-2600 rpm of spin. Carry was around 275-80 and rolling out to 300+. Numbers may have been slightly better than the M3, but the forgiveness was way better.

TS2 3-wood, 13.5*, B1 with the EF White T1100 75 6.5 at 42.5" with the heavier weight. Don't remember what the ball speed numbers were, but I was getting around 265ish carry with low 3k rpm spin.

Hopefully everything works out on the course.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

I hit the TS2 again tonight against my G400 Max. The Max still won out for me, but I feel like the TS2 is right up there with it. Titleist seems to have really taken a stepp forward with the TS drivers vs the 917 series. Sound and feel are worlds apart. I change what works sometimes just for the sake of changing. The G400 Max is just to good for me right now so I can't move on. I will say, if I'm ever able to unload my iBlades (can't believe I'm having a hard time selling them) I may pull the trigger on a TS2. I always like having a two driver rotation and am down to one right now.

Just had a fitting with a Titleist rep.

I've had it with my Epic SZ, sure when I catch it the ball goes but the head is wrong and the shaft wrong most of the time I hit a really low push or high slice and frustratingly why I manage to square the face I'll hit an unsatisfying 'dink' down the fairway.

I felt very comfortable as I knew he wasn't trying to sell me a club he just wanted to get it right. based on my swing speed he said I should absolutely be getting more from the club. I told him I would just follow his plan and whatever fit me best is what I'd go for, no ego's involved.

Immediately put the TS2 10.5 head in as I told him I wanted a bit of forgiveness. Tried the standard length shaft and kept hitting it low on the face so he moved me to 44.5 length to get my strike higher up on the face. He pulled out the ProV1x balls (!) to get the real numbers next and messed around with multiple shafts going light then heavy then settled back down to a Fujikura Speeder Tour-spec pec Stiff 74g (no up-charge). last he played with the back-weight ended up going +2 gram. Then we dialed in the Surefit setting and ended up at C4 (.75 up .75 Flat).

I really like the driver, I feel like the club is snapping the ball right at impact and I no longer feared the left side or the low on face or heel hit. In the end he managed to add 18 yards carry with a higher launch and lower spin withought getting my landing angle any steeper. I haven't seen that ball flight since my G10 gave up the ghost, you know that flight that should be falling out of the air but the spin just keeps it aloft like an airplane. Through the special at the course I'll get a great deal from Titleist and all I can say is can't wait for the quote to come through!

Thanks Paul !

Edit - Just got the email, it was C4 not D4

Finally hit the TS2 9.5 on the range. I shouldn't have.

In a recent driver fitting and additional demos I haven't been able to try a single driver/shaft combo that beat the ball speed of my old cut down, glued up XR16 on a given day.

Maybe it was the shaft (EvenFlow White - pleasantly stout), but it felt reassuringly heavy overall and the shaft seemed really controllable. I assume the higher ball speeds were largely down to better strikes due to the shaft combo... no idea really.

I want this driver, but I'm not paying $500 for a driver. BAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up my TS3 with Smoke 6.0 today. This driver was giving me such good numbers on a LM I just had to take the plunge. Hit it at the range and still seems very good. 7:36 tee time tomorrow for its first test. ONlY complaint is the shaft is too long. So tempted to go out and cut 3/4" off but not sure how bad it will effect SW.