New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Hit these yesterday with the EvenFlow White (great shaft btw). Look of the TS3 took a bit of getting used too but after that liked everything about it except the sound. Titleist really messed up with the 915 and they seem to have gone back to that awful noise. A bit disappointing. I tried the TS2 and it sounded way better but was not blown away by the performance or the weird look.

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

I hit these yesterday as well. I was expecting to be amazed. I ended up in the TS2 at 10.5 vs the TS3. The TS2 sounded better than the TS3, but I think both sounded worse than my Ping.

The last Titlesit I played was the 910D2. I’m going to try the Srixon. But right now, the G400 Max is the one to beat as far as I’m concerned.

Ordered a TS3 with the hzdus smoke. Can’t wait.

Let us know how it works out. I just went through titleist fitting and TS3 9.5 with weight in fade setting and smoke shaft 60g 6.5 flex worked best. Thinking about ordering.

My numbers were 104 mph, 14* launch, and 2700rpm. Couldn't lose it left and hit nice straight balls or baby fades, which is perfect.

So Titleist increases the shaft length to their drivers then say these are much longer. lol These don't look worth the money either after seeing them in store. Really quite disappointed in the look of them. Look nice from address but not the bottom.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

So Titleist increases the shaft length to their drivers then say these are much longer. lol These don't look worth the money either after seeing them in store. Really quite disappointed in the look of them. Look nice from address but not the bottom.

How did they perform when you hit them. I’ll take performance over looks most days and Imdont think they look bad. Just my opinion

Ordered a TS3 with the hzdus smoke. Can’t wait.

Is the Smoke available I dont see it offered on retailers websitea?

Stock option.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

You spend a lot of time looking at the bottom of the club?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Ordered a TS3 with the hzdus smoke. Can't wait.

Let us know how it works out. I just went through titleist fitting and TS3 9.5 with weight in fade setting and smoke shaft 60g 6.5 flex worked best. Thinking about ordering.

My numbers were 104 mph, 14* launch, and 2700rpm. Couldn't lose it left and hit nice straight balls or baby fades, which is perfect.

I tried the same shaft, which I liked. Also in fade setting. My SS was a little higher but with the 8.5* head set at lowest loft (7.75*?) I was averaging 16* LA and 1400 spin, on a crappy old GC2 that didn't register many of the swings. People say they want lower spin, but is that even playable on a golf course? BTW I gained 9 yards carry and 17 yards overall over my Epic. There was a lotta roll on the simulator though.

Right ?

"Yeah, I get 20 more carry with the new TS3 and even get 7-8 more rollout. Feels great, looks great at address but I can't stand to look at the bottom of the club so I'll be keeping mine". :cheesy:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Ordered a TS3 with the hzdus smoke. Can't wait.

I tried the same shaft, which I liked. Also in fade setting. My SS was a little higher but with the 8.5* head set at lowest loft (7.75*?) I was averaging 16* LA and 1400 spin, on a crappy old GC2 that didn't register many of the swings. People say they want lower spin, but is that even playable on a golf course? BTW I gained 9 yards carry and 17 yards overall over my Epic. There was a lotta roll on the simulator though.

1400 rpm is too low. Need above 2000 for sure. Titleist fitter told me tour average is 2610 rpm.

Launch monitor may have been giving you some bad readings.

I have too low spin with my epic and ball falls out of sky too fast and lose carry distance on course.

With a proper fitting the shaft length has nothing to do with the clubs length. I was just fitted to TS2 10.5 44.5" Fujikura Tour Spec 74 Stiff (78gram) +2gram head weight. Gained an average of 18yard carry and tightened the dispersion up by 10 yards over my 45.5" Epic SZ with the Rogue 65 Stiff.

Are all of these numbers that people are holding up in pictures after their Titleist driver fittings legit? Unless people's old drivers are very ill fit or Titleist managed to create a unicorn, then I just don't understand how people are gaining up to 20yds of carry.

My Epic SZ was fit to me poorly, and overall was not that forgiving. Sure 1 in 10 hits went like a bat out of hell down the fairway but the other 9 were terrible. Yes, I could have be refitted for the club and with the right shaft I maybe would have gained some consistency but the head probably wasn't right for me. I could have found another Callaway fitter and taken a try at the rogue series and probably would have come away with a great driver. There is just something about that titleist that called to me, it feels better and shots fly better. the fitting was free and I got a great deal on the price.

With a proper fitting the shaft length has nothing to do with the clubs length. I was just fitted to TS2 10.5 44.5" Fujikura Tour Spec 74 Stiff (78gram) +2gram head weight. Gained an average of 18yard carry and tightened the dispersion up by 10 yards over my 45.5" Epic SZ with the Rogue 65 Stiff.

That's an impressive improvement.

Were you fitted for your Epic ?

Titleist Pro V1X

TS2 arrived today. Got a quick 9 in. Spectacular driver. Very pleased so far. Easily 10-15 yds farther than my 917 D2. Went down to 9.5 from 10.5. Properly fit this time with HZRDUS red shaft. Just lovely. Dispersion was tight. 917 D2 I dunno, been having a pillow fight for some time with it. Sound and feel did it for me. Hard to check roll. Course down here soaked so balls were plugging. When I was fit about 2 weeks ago was certain I would purchase TS3 but for me, TS2 was my monster. Weather is finally breaking back to normal thank God. This season has been a challange. Fairways are draining so roll will come into play probably by the weekend which is supposed to be spectacular. Ground crew started mowing so this is going to set up beautifully now. Titleist was super fast with delivery. They're cranking these out now. Head cover is nice. Little sticky getting club back in and out due to moisture but a nice quality cover. Pro shop couldn't believe I have in hand already. Guys were testing on range with me and all I heard was wow. This is tremendous

I just purchased mine this morning from a Thursday fitting, here's hoping it's here by the 13th.

Right ?

"Yeah, I get 20 more carry with the new TS3 and even get 7-8 more rollout. Feels great, looks great at address but I can't stand to look at the bottom of the club so I'll be keeping mine". :cheesy:

I can totally understand that sentiment.....I experienced the same thing in terms of club performance but it was not the bottom design that annoyed me but the font drove me nuts, I seriously thought I was gonna lose it after seeing that font.......I had to put the club down and walk away. Still waiting for my blood pressure to normalize. I mean who decided on that font and script size......ohhhhh there goes that pounding in my head again.........I need to walk away from this topic NOW !!!!!

That's an impressive improvement.

Were you fitted for your Epic ?

It was a "light" fitting. Shaft felt good, hit's felt good and the GC2 said the numbers were good. Fast forward 4 months and I've lost 60lbs weight and my swing has changed; hips clear faster, swing-path and weight shift all better but that driver doesn't behave the same as it once did.

I told that to the fitter and he advised that come back to him after I lose the planned additional plans and we'll see if things have changed again.

Was at golftown yesterday up here in canada, the tag for these is 699 plus gst nearly $750. I think titleist is getting a little greedy with the cost of these. Gmax is $585 and m4 is $529.

In Canada as well, and totally share your sentiment. $750 is insanity. I can't believe that Titleist could make any significant improvements in 2 years. Especially considering that the 917D3 is so good. Titleist lost me for years, but the D3 is amazing.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

I know when I miss a fairway I say to myself darn if only the bottom of the driver looked better I would be all set! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Right ?

I can totally understand that sentiment.....I experienced the same thing in terms of club performance but it was not the bottom design that annoyed me but the font drove me nuts, I seriously thought I was gonna lose it after seeing that font.......I had to put the club down and walk away. Still waiting for my blood pressure to normalize. I mean who decided on that font and script size......ohhhhh there goes that pounding in my head again.........I need to walk away from this topic NOW !!!!!

I can certainly understand the appearance bothering someone to the extent of not being able to hit a given driver.

Top, including shape. Color. Face. Really any part of its appearance at address. But the bottom ? Can't see that one,,,,,,,,,,,

Titleist Pro V1X

I can certainly understand the appearance bothering someone to the extent of not being able to hit a given driver.

Top, including shape. Color. Face. Really any part of its appearance at address. But the bottom ? Can't see that one,,,,,,,,,,,

Crazy thing is that I think the TS Headcover is boring. It doesn't follow the design of the clubs at all, The bottom of the clubs have sharp angles and razor looking design features, but the headcover has 2 lines with a band for the TS logo....Yawn. It doesn't really matter but struck me as an odd oversight by Titleist.