New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Are all of these numbers that people are holding up in pictures after their Titleist driver fittings legit? Unless people's old drivers are very ill fit or Titleist managed to create a unicorn, then I just don't understand how people are gaining up to 20yds of carry.

I don't buy those numbers at all. I have yet to hit mine out on the course, but numbers on the GC2 were confusing... higher carry, less ball speed... I wasn't expecting those numbers to be real, I just wanted a newer Titleist driver. Love my 913 but the feel of the TS3 is awesome. I will get to see how it does in the course this weekend.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Are all of these numbers that people are holding up in pictures after their Titleist driver fittings legit? Unless people's old drivers are very ill fit or Titleist managed to create a unicorn, then I just don't understand how people are gaining up to 20yds of carry.

I don't buy those numbers at all. I have yet to hit mine out on the course, but numbers on the GC2 were confusing... higher carry, less ball speed... I wasn't expecting those numbers to be real, I just wanted a newer Titleist driver. Love my 913 but the feel of the TS3 is awesome. I will get to see how it does in the course this weekend.

Guys getting big differences have not been fit or fit properly.

I hit them yesterday for the first time. Ts3 is great looking, great feeling and felt hot, could have been that it felt lighter than most titleist heads Ive played. I never saw a big improvement from my 905r. Ballspeed was the same and spin rates within a couple hundred rpm. May get one next season, were almost done up here in Canada.

Yea, we shall see what happens. I know Titleist is now making TM/Callaway type claims, and maybe there is some truth behind it. I know I had a friend who wasn't impressed, but I thought he hit the 917, and he hit the TS models (driver). Basically, Cobra, Callaway, Ping, and his older TM all were better. So the TS might be better than the 917, which I never hit, but I know the 915 wasn't great. Most still didn't see much difference between the 915 and 917.

My issue with many of the Titleist claims, is that from Titleist and people its against their own equipment and not against other manufacturers. So people say they are getting 15 extra yards against an older Tilteist driver that was already 10 yards behind the competition in many cases. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Titleist is inferior, but in almost any test I've seen Titleist for most people finishes in the middle to below in overall distance.

Got ours today. Love the look and feel of them, but for me, TS3 is the winner. TS2 for fwys. Also tried the 785, look great, but didn't like them as much as the TS3. ;)

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I just saw a couple new pics of these sheets people are holding up, and they were gains of 18, 16, 20, and 22 yards. Good to know Titleist is traveling around with jacked up GC2's.

They really seem to be going for it now. The first month it was all gains but 5 years here, 5 yards there now it seems to be sky rocketing. They are maybe looking for the guys still gaming the 975D and thinking you'll do!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I attended a fitting day today, hit my 917D2 8.5* head to head with the TS3 8.5*. Hit them with multiple different shaft offerings and my current shaft (Diamana A'hina 60x) was best in both heads at 45" playing length. The 917 numbers were 13.5* launch 2650 spin 268 carry 284 total with 163 ball speed. The TS3 was 15.4 launch 2386 spin 285 carry, 302 total with 167 ball speed. Literally same shaft swapped between the 2 heads and a 18 yard gain. If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't have believed it. On a side note I was measured at an average of 113mph club head speed and touched 118mph a couple of times when I really went after it. Never knew I could move it that quick.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

I attended a fitting day today, hit my 917D2 8.5* head to head with the TS3 8.5*. Hit them with multiple different shaft offerings and my current shaft (Diamana A'hina 60x) was best in both heads at 45" playing length. The 917 numbers were 13.5* launch 2650 spin 268 carry 284 total with 163 ball speed. The TS3 was 15.4 launch 2386 spin 285 carry, 302 total with 167 ball speed. Literally same shaft swapped between the 2 heads and a 18 yard gain. If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't have believed it. On a side note I was measured at an average of 113mph club head speed and touched 118mph a couple of times when I really went after it. Never knew I could move it that quick.

I can see the gains being substantial if going from titleist to titleist. I wanted to like the 917 when I went through my fitting, but the distance just was not there for me. The F8 and G400 max were 10 yards longer on average, and the Rogue and Epic were 15-17 yards longer.

Seems like Titleist may now have a driver that can hang with the big boys.

I can see the gains being substantial if going from titleist to titleist. I wanted to like the 917 when I went through my fitting, but the distance just was not there for me. The F8 and G400 max were 10 yards longer on average, and the Rogue and Epic were 15-17 yards longer.

Seems like Titleist may now have a driver that can hang with the big boys.

Friend of mine went through the fitting as well today. He currently plays a Callaway Epic with D+70 stiff. He was fit into a TS2 10.5 turned up to 12* with the Evenflow black 6.5. Was longer, straighter and more consistent with the TS2. I unfortunately don't know his exact numbers, but was very impressed with the new release.

Where'd you have your fitting? Only place I've seen the TS stuff in the 518 is Crossgates so far sadly. Hit my 917 and both the ts2/3 with my hzrdus red, but I think a different shaft would be beneficial.

There was a Titleist fitting day at northway 8 today from 11-3.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Had mine out today on the course finally.... I was a little disappointed actually. The feel I had when demoing just wasn't there... I wasn't center every time, but I wasn't far off. I will have to get more time with it to really make a judgement but it wasn't what I was expecting. Distance was there though, decent ones were out there, but nothing spectacular.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Had mine out today on the course finally.... I was a little disappointed actually. The feel I had when demoing just wasn't there... I wasn't center every time, but I wasn't far off. I will have to get more time with it to really make a judgement but it wasn't what I was expecting. Distance was there though, decent ones were out there, but nothing spectacular.

Im hearing from couple pros in Pittsburgh area, this club isnt straight on course, and they have went back to M3 or G400

Im hearing from couple pros in Pittsburgh area, this club isnt straight on course, and they have went back to M3 or G400

Funny you mention this. I have a buddy on staff and texted him the other night about the driver. He said he may stick with 917 D3, played with the new clubs this week and will definitely be staying with the 917 3 and 5 wood.

LOLOL

Had my driver fitting today outdoors on a GC monitor. Current gamer is a 9.5deg Cobra F8+ with Elements Proto 6F5 playing at 44.75". I hit the TS2, TS3, and the Srixon z785. Coming in, I had just had my best driving round of the year including one absolute monster. To switch, I was going to have be wowed.

Srixon z785

Looks really good. HZRDUS Black was all they had, 6.5 75g at 45". Hit exactly 3 balls. Numbers were good, in line with the Cobra. But I won't hit a driver with that sound. Just not for me. I think it looks fantastic at address, though.

TS3 9.5

Best look at address of these four. Started in A1 with neutral weights in an EvenFlow T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". This was the combo I was set on walking away with by the end. I was 100% wrong. Could NOT keep it straight and the numbers weren't better than my F8+. We played with the settings and the weights, and it didn't really do anything but straighten it out. Numbers still weren't better. Tried the Smoke shaft and the standard HZRDUS Black, same results pretty much - just sort of meh and the dispersion was too wide.

TS2 9.5

Started in A1, standard back weight, EF T1100 white 75g 6.5 at 45". Every number improved except the dispersion was still erratic. Was surprised to see the other numbers get better - spin staying around 2100 on average, launch around 12deg, ball speed 160ish, carrying around 287 on average.

Then, we put the Smoke shaft in there...60g, 6.5 at 45". It was so good immediately. Dispersion tightened but still launched a little low (I can't get it higher than 13deg really). Fitter changed the back weight to +4 and put the setting at C3. It got even better. Didn't carry a single one, minus two bad swings out of 20ish balls, less than 296. Best carry was 304.

It's hard to emphasize this final point enough, but the dispersion was incredibly tight. Did not expect to gain accuracy while increasing every number and lengthening the shaft, even if only 0.25". Thrilled!

---

We put the TS3 back in with the Smoke at C3 and tried to get the weights right to see how it would do vs. the perfectly dialed TS2 setting. I just didn't get the same numbers or dispersion. I was in a little shock, but the TS2 +4g back weight with the 60g 6.5 Smoke at 45" is my jam. Picked up a consistent 10-12 yards of carry and had a hard time not hitting it straight. I wasn't really in roger range mode with any of the drivers, so feel pretty confident it will translate to the course.

Sorry for the long post, but thought it might be interesting to some of y'all. Took a pic of the monitor after one that I pelted right at the flag I was aiming. It looked like a tracking iron shot it was so bang online.

While I hate to accuse people of anything without clear and irrefutable evidence I suspect you may be right.

These devices would seem to have some tailwind calculated in on the device itself. The unit can't possibly tell the actual wind direction (can it ?) so had the results above been arrived at by physical observation of the carry, rather than GC2 calculations I guess it's possible with a tailwind.

I'm more of a "left brain" kinda guy (when I think at all of course :lol: ) and a big believer in numbers. Numbers are pretty easy to understand even if one can't totally understand how they're arrived at.

But over the years here on WRX the overwhelming evidence suggests that the ball carries, with optimal strikes (launch angle and spin rate), right around 2.5 times the swing speed. His LM says 164 ball speed, 299 carry. Smash factor, although there's evidence it can go as high as 1.52 is normally limited to 1.5 and I personally have never seen over 1.47 in any ball I've hit, no matter how "perfect" I thought I'd hit it. So his SS s/b ~ 110. 110 X 2.5 = 275.

The flightscope pic I've attached below more or less agrees at 279 (I couldn't figure out how to program curvature but it did have launch and ballspeed and I used "0" (sea level)).

I also can't see where the additional 20 yard carry is coming from.

I'll look forward to seeing regiwstruk's on course results.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Your old driver wasn't a very good fit for MAX carry and MAX distance.....2650 is fine for playing golf but that 2386 seems ideal for playing golf.....If you can knock off a few hundred more off your backspin, the numbers will even be better, but for playing golf, I really like 2100-2300 for distance and control but ill take 1900 to make the best trackman distance numbers.

Go back to the Max....

:)

Haha, not yet. One round isn't telling, especially with the way I am swinging right now. BUT, if I continue to be underwhelmed, a G400 might just sneak back in...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Go back to the Max....

:)

Haha, not yet. One round isn't telling, especially with the way I am swinging right now. BUT, if I continue to be underwhelmed, a G400 might just sneak back in...

I think I am going back to the Max LOLOLOL.... Something about this driver and I are just not getting along... Really bummed too, I was hitting it really well in the store. Will only buy clubs I hit poorly on GC2 from now on..... :)

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Good choice. The Max is the best driver I have hit the M4, Rogue, G400, M1, M2, Epic.

I still may try out the regular G400 again... just bummed on the TS3... hopefully it works out for the rest of you.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Got mine today, but haven't had a chance to hit it outside yet... Evenflow white 6.0 65, 44.75". Club looks even better than I remember it from a week ago in the store. The head cover, although I am not a fan of these new boxing glove styles, is pretty beefy. Should be able to hit it tomorrow outside.

42792092990_26b4fedae8_k.jpg

42792097340_f12f144e0f_k.jpg

29664490037_ec4cb7c9d6_k.jpg

We're they able to swing weight it to stock or higher?

Got mine today, but haven't had a chance to hit it outside yet... Evenflow white 6.0 65, 44.75". Club looks even better than I remember it from a week ago in the store. The head cover, although I am not a fan of these new boxing glove styles, is pretty beefy. Should be able to hit it tomorrow outside.

42792092990_26b4fedae8_k.jpg

42792097340_f12f144e0f_k.jpg

29664490037_ec4cb7c9d6_k.jpg

We're they able to swing weight it to stock or higher?

I can not confirm that, but I was told they would get it to stock. I have not checked the weight yet..

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"