Rants and Raves...

Extended green fees rant.....confirmed by a member of one of our elite clubs that reduced fees are charged to members of upmarket overseas clubs who can block book while British players get short shrift. I look forward to arranging a trip to Winged Foot, Baltusrol and The Country Club and getting on for less than an American.....oh I forgot they don't do visitors....

> @elwhippy said:

> Extended green fees rant.....confirmed by a member of one of our elite clubs that reduced fees are charged to members of upmarket overseas clubs who can block book while British players get short shrift. I look forward to arranging a trip to Winged Foot, Baltusrol and The Country Club and getting on for less than an American.....oh I forgot they don't do visitors....

I believe that was negotiated as part of "The Marshall Plan" after WWII :smiley:

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I've just got a 'Rave' about local Admins view of me.

I just got 'promoted' to the 'Platinium Tees' thus bolstering my fragile ego and view of my self-worth. I don't know what it means, this Platinium Tee thingy, but it sounds pretty good. Anybody got something worth more than Platinium? I'm so made up, I'm goin out to get hammered tonite, and then I'll probably be sick. BTW Thanks!

> @stixman said:

> Hey, I've just got a 'Rave' about local Admins view of me.

> I just got 'promoted' to the 'Platinium Tees' thus bolstering my fragile ego and view of my self-worth. I don't know what it means, this Platinium Tee thingy, but it sounds pretty good. Anybody got something worth more than Platinium? I'm so made up, I'm goin out to get hammered tonite, and then I'll probably be sick. BTW Thanks!

I was over the moon when I got a green tee yesterday, I feel cheap now.

Like you I've no idea what it is!

• Like 1

It's not all about the score.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicGolfClubs

> @stixman said:

> Hey, I've just got a 'Rave' about local Admins view of me.

> I just got 'promoted' to the 'Platinium Tees' thus bolstering my fragile ego and view of my self-worth. I don't know what it means, this Platinium Tee thingy, but it sounds pretty good. Anybody got something worth more than Platinium? I'm so made up, I'm goin out to get hammered tonite, and then I'll probably be sick. BTW Thanks!

I got something like that. It would have been nice to get an explanation of what it meant, but I suspect therein lies the problem.

I have not checked out any of that mess. For me I could care less. I say basically what I want to and converse on here with whom I want to

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

G'day all,

I had a WTF moment recently when I tried to list for sale a set of lefty Tommy Armour "Silver Scot" 845's on FaceB Marketplace.

My listing was rejected because it didn't meet community standards. Thinking there was a mistake I hit the appeal button and it was rejected again because it didn't meet community standards. Surely left hander's aren't still doing the devils work.

I re read my listing and realized what the problem may have been. The Silver Scot irons came with a 1, 2, 3 set of "Black Scot" woods. I deleted Black Scot and all's well with the world.

Do I need a PC refresher course?

Thoughts?

OT

• 4 weeks later...

Just got notified tonight that I was selected to do the Bridgestone Golf Ball test for Golfwrx. They send me the balls, and I have to post review and photos of my test. Pretty excited. I never get picked for anything!

> @Mullyman said:

> Not sure if this is the place to do this, I went today to place a course about 35 minutes from where I live, they did not take credit cards.

>

>

>

Now that is crazy and unusual--- But then again I live in a tourist mecca so taking credit cards is SOP here---- I usually deal in cash as my Dad and Grandfather did----- Sometimes I get looks when paying cash like I am a dope dealer or something---- Now my neighbor across the street from me owns a local Bait and Tackle shop. He quit taking credit cards several years back cash only. All the locals know this so no problem and he does have signs posted. The tourists just have to go next door to the ATM machine. He told me the card charges were too much and he is old school like I am. So cash it is. He does catch flack from the tourons from time to time but WTH? most of his business is local anyhow. One tried to tell him it was state law he had to take credit cards. Bull he told the touron show me where but in the meantime get the h**l out of my store

> @OldTom said:

> G'day all,

> I had a WTF moment recently when I tried to list for sale a set of lefty Tommy Armour "Silver Scot" 845's on FaceB Marketplace.

> My listing was rejected because it didn't meet community standards. Thinking there was a mistake I hit the appeal button and it was rejected again because it didn't meet community standards. Surely left hander's aren't still doing the devils work.

> I re read my listing and realized what the problem may have been. The Silver Scot irons came with a 1, 2, 3 set of "Black Scot" woods. I deleted Black Scot and all's well with the world.

> Do I need a PC refresher course?

> Thoughts?

> OT

>

Naaw you do not need a refresher course society does. Funny you can say things you have said all your life and suddenly you are not politically correct even on here. Myself and another member got warnings on here one night for an old Southern saying we have used all our life that has to do with bargaining. Yep these days on social media especially on here you have to watch how you phrase certain things. Just like I hope this does not get censored but back in the day us guys in the Carolinas referred to CF-4000 Macgregor irons as "Black Faced Macgregors" no racial intent implied or meant. In fact I think I got warned on that one time so now I just say CF Macs everyone on this side of the tracks knows what I am talking about anyhow

> @Bigarch said:

> Just got notified tonight that I was selected to do the Bridgestone Golf Ball test for Golfwrx. They send me the balls, and I have to post review and photos of my test. Pretty excited. I never get picked for anything!

Congrats--- I did a few tests for another golf site a couple of times. In fact one of them I was asked to do being a wedge ho---- Like anything else I do I put forth time and maximum effort. It was fun. I do not put in for any tests anymore because frankly most of the new stuff does not appeal to me and I do not want to take away from another member that may actually need and use the stuff. I am how ever still using the range finder I tested for that site.

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @OldTom said:

> > G'day all,

> > I had a WTF moment recently when I tried to list for sale a set of lefty Tommy Armour "Silver Scot" 845's on FaceB Marketplace.

> > My listing was rejected because it didn't meet community standards. Thinking there was a mistake I hit the appeal button and it was rejected again because it didn't meet community standards. Surely left hander's aren't still doing the devils work.

> > I re read my listing and realized what the problem may have been. The Silver Scot irons came with a 1, 2, 3 set of "Black Scot" woods. I deleted Black Scot and all's well with the world.

> > Do I need a PC refresher course?

> > Thoughts?

> > OT

> >

>

> Naaw you do not need a refresher course society does. Funny you can say things you have said all your life and suddenly you are not politically correct even on here. Myself and another member got warnings on here one night for an old Southern saying we have used all our life that has to do with bargaining. Yep these days on social media especially on here you have to watch how you phrase certain things. Just like I hope this does not get censored but back in the day us guys in the Carolinas referred to CF-4000 Macgregor irons as "Black Faced Macgregors" no racial intent implied or meant. In fact I think I got warned on that one time so now I just say CF Macs everyone on this side of the tracks knows what I am talking about anyhow

LOLOL

• 2 months later...

A rant about golf manufacturer history and decals and other things.

So I'm looking for the history of a Spalding iron set. Since I know Callaway acquired Spalding golf, I email them. "Sorry, we don't keep records of Spalding Products"

Ok fine, email Spalding, "We are working on improving public access to our archives." But nothing on whether or not the info would actually be there. I know Spalding did the registration thing, where did all that info go? Heating someone's house in Chicapee?

For bonus points, the current iteration of Hogan golf has no records pre 2015... Which makes sense because I think Callaway has all the intellectual property anyway and it's just an attempt to make money off the brand...

As far as decals, I am trying to go through the process of taking a couple decal photos and converting them into something I can have made custom. I am worried I will run into trademark issues for the active Hogan marks. Not that the use of the mark is illegal, but for a company to profit off producing a decal probably would be. That remains to be seen. Stan Thompson will probably be ok.

• 5 months later...

Time to revive this bad boy because today...I'm going to rant.

I realize things are tough everywhere but what our Illinois governor pulled today is an absolute travesty. 24 hours ago, we were told that golf courses would be allowed to reopen. Today, we got the guidelines on how they must operate. Here are a few of the highlights:

Twosomes only - Tee times 15 minutes apart - No powered carts of any kind and only personal pull carts or carrying allowed - No caddies, no pull cart rentals - No flags, no rakes - Bring your own food or beverages, none allowed at the course - Bring all required equipment, no balls, no tees or other equipment may be purchased at the course - No practice areas including putting greens - No congregating in the parking lots - Shoes and clothing must be changed in the parking lot at your vehicle - No handshakes (of course).

Last month we were given hope by being allowed to play golf 2 days into the lockdown. But then we had the rug pulled out from under us because some people weren't following the guidelines...so they locked it down completely for a month and threw people off their own courses who were out walking by themselves. After giving everyone hope for 24 hours, they pulled this Shee Ott today. These new rules are designed for golfers to break them so that they can shut it all down again for another month when the new rules get broken.

They might as well have left the golf courses closed. Where in the world is a course owner supposed to make revenue to keep their doors open? With the added expense of keeping staff on hand to enforce all of this, why would a course owner take on the expense or the liability??? Might as well keep the doors locked and tell the police and health department to enforce the rules without you. I feel so bad for all the people I know who's jobs are in the golf industry. I'm a member of a semi-private club where the owner has a very robust food and catering operation. He has lost Easter, Mothers Day, Prom Nights, Graduation Dinners, Weddings, etc. How much more can the poor man take?

Looks like a lot or road trips to Missouri or Kentucky to play for me for awhile.

That is all... Where's the Tylenol???

I feel for you bigarch.

I'm in Australia and my States courses were shut down for only 2 days before someone woke up and reopened them.

Rules:

2 only per group. Keep 2 metres apart. Groups very 6 mins. (The slow buggers are still slow)

No shared carts.

No touching flag stick. (foam things in hole so the ball doesn't drop to the bottom)

Bunkers treated as GUR. No rakes. (some courses use preferred lies in bunker and sweep the sand with your feet/club when you've had your shot.)

Pro shop is open. Social distancing adhered to.

Ball washers and drinking fountains/bubblers are covered and not to be used.

Works a treat and is quite safe for everyone.

Good luck with your mob.

Cheers

OT

Courses never shut down in Arizona. Some courses have one-person per cart, except for those who choose to ride with someone that they drove together with to the course.

Some courses have water.

Bunkers have no rakes, but they are in better shape than when there were rakes. Apparently it's too hard to rake, but easy to smooth over with your foot?

I'd just like to add a random rant to his comment:

When I was born, there were about 2.5 billion people on the planet. Today, there are 7.8 billion people. That is an increase of over 5 billion people.

At a stupidity rate of 20% (I know that you're thinking it's got to be much higher than that, but let's be nice and only use 20%), that means there are over one billion more stupid people walking around the planet.

I think that explains a lot about the world of today . . .

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key