Scotty Cameron 009 vs. Scratch 726 Putter

TheBoomer

[quote name='dwboston' timestamp='1391818875' post='8619554']
[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391816146' post='8619310']
[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1391815658' post='8619262']
Shouldn't discussion be about relative merits of each putter and not marketing practices? Hmmm...wonder where heard that before and if that kills discourse? :)
[/quote]

I personally think this Scratch is a great looking putter, and would consider buying one. I made a joke early on in the thread, thought folks here would be intelligent enough to get it, and this douchebag called me out, again. I apologize for my part of the discussion, but the Scotty haters have been allowed to get out of control, and I am going to start defending myself. Only on this forum, could pictures of measuring and recreating a Scotty putter by another manufacturer get turned around into a Scotty hatefest. I've simply had enough of these idiots from ******Talk, and I think everybody else has too.
[/quote]

I took the photos of the 009 being measured as a direct shot at Scotty Xerox, knowing there isn't a damn thing he can do about it, given his history and lack of intellectual property for this putter. I guess the truth hurts some people who are blindly loyal to his brand.
[/quote]

LOL Hence, my joke. Evidently you didn't get it either. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The "truth" doesn't hurt me, I enjoy putters from lots of companies. It's you Scotty haters that seem to take it personally.

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't discussion be about relative merits of each putter and not marketing practices? Hmmm...wonder where heard that before and if that kills discourse? :)
[/quote]

I personally think this Scratch is a great looking putter, and would consider buying one. I made a joke early on in the thread, thought folks here would be intelligent enough to get it, and this douchebag called me out, again. I apologize for my part of the discussion, but the Scotty haters have been allowed to get out of control, and I am going to start defending myself. Only on this forum, could pictures of measuring and recreating a Scotty putter by another manufacturer get turned around into a Scotty hatefest. I've simply had enough of these idiots from ******Talk, and I think everybody else has too.
[/quote]Comment was totally unrelated to anything you had to say, was a tongue-in-cheek comment related to another thread by another member and do not appreciate the DB comment, I have nothing to do with puttertalk or any so-called hate for this or any other manufacturer, whatever your issue is with others, take it up with them.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1391819917' post='8619656']
[/quote]

[/quote]Comment was totally unrelated to anything you had to say, was a tongue-in-cheek comment related to another thread by another member and do not appreciate the DB comment, I have nothing to do with puttertalk or any so-called hate for this or any other manufacturer, whatever your issue is with others, take it up with them.
[/quote]

If your post is unrelated, don't quote me. It appeared you were responding to me. My apologies.

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='Medson' timestamp='1391815323' post='8619234']
Didn't Butler family want out for a while?
[/quote]

Blood in, Blood out, cuz. Either they don't know...don't show...or don't care about what's going on in the hood.

[attachment=2057742:boyz.jpg]

[size=2][i]Thank you for being LoYaL.[/i][/size]

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='BogeyDog11' timestamp='1391814276' post='8619145']
[quote name='Scotty1140' timestamp='1391808733' post='8618565']
[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391796594' post='8617157']
[quote name='BogeyDog11' timestamp='1391730244' post='8612285']
Where is Greg and that guy from Wisconsin with all this hate going on...... :bigwhack:

Calling out one for Xeroxing a putter from the king of Xeroxing is laughable at best..... :haha:

The pot has officially called the kettle black.... :hunter:
[/quote]

LOL, calling him out? I made a joke.

Too bad you can't turn your obsession for Scotty Cameron into something positive.

Kevin
[/quote]
For someone who dislikes the brand so much he sure posts in a LOT of threads....
[/quote]

As usual, it is ok to hate on Scratch but not on [b]Don[/b]. Give the Butler family a call and see how they feel right now.

If you look at the last 100 Cameron related threads, I've posted in less than two or three in the past 6 months..........
[/quote]
What happened with the Butlers??

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391820092' post='8619668']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If your post is unrelated, don't quote me. It appeared you were responding to me. My apologies.
[/quote]This whole mess started from you quoting me, but anyway, no hard feelings, check the thread history and your pm, it is all good and my apology as well for any part that lead to any miscommunication.

Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1391821188' post='8619794']
[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391820092' post='8619668']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]This whole mess started from you quoting me, but anyway, no hard feelings, check the thread history and your pm, it is all good and my apology as well for any part that lead to any miscommunication.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how many times I can apologize... I'm done with this thread.

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1391794839' post='8616975']
^^^^ HAHAHAHAH! OH MY.
[/quote]

OH My is what old people say when they see a coyote eating its kill.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

While the cameron guys are here, is a 009 the same shape as a newport? Not the newport 2, the standard newport with the rounded bumpers.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

Here are some pictures that may show some of the differences. The Cameron is an oil can Newport and both Byrons are DH-89. The stainless Byron is a stock DH-89 and the black ox has softened edges and a rounded top line. The black ox also has a stubby stainless neck at 1/2 offset vs the standard full offset. THIS example is why I would say Byron has this part of the market cornered. Most of these options will cost $50-100 each on top of the base price. Hope this helps on the differences.

[quote name='DJdonutss' timestamp='1391828646' post='8620631']
Looks great! Hopefully it performs just as well, feels just as great, and hopefully is affordable!
[/quote]

Thanks, still undecided on the finish.

I know that another member is having the same putter made from copper, I'm probably going to get one in copper as well.

I should have more pictures next week.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

I personally think this Scratch is a great looking putter, and would consider buying one. I made a joke early on in the thread, thought folks here would be intelligent enough to get it, and [b][i][u]this douchebag [/u][/i][/b]called me out, again. I apologize for my part of the discussion, but the Scotty haters have been allowed to get out of control, and I am going to start defending myself. Only on this forum, could pictures of measuring and recreating a Scotty putter by another manufacturer get turned around into a Scotty hatefest. I've simply had enough of these idiots from ******Talk, and I think everybody else has too.
[/quote]
Don't take all of this so seriously and so personally. I would have expected better from you than this given your status in the golf world.

This thread cracks me up. They are all basically variations of the original design from Karsten Solheim, which is not copyright protected in any way, shape, or form to the best of my knowledge. The average 10 handicapper wouldn't know the difference between a 009 or Scratch 726 vs. a Rife Aruba or Nike 001. Let's just enjoy each company's interpretation and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these pieces! I love when company's like Scratch, Cameron, Byron, etc. offer something new, even if it's just a tad different than another design of a competitor. I was raised to appreciate the gentlemanly nature of this game, and politely suggest we all tone it down just a bit to marvel at some of the great putters that have been portrayed in this thread.

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1391758475' post='8614657']
[quote name='DirecTVTechGuy' timestamp='1391751644' post='8614467']
I'm curious why Scratch charges more than Byron...

Does that seem WAY off to anyone else?
[/quote]

Scratch and Byron don't seem off. Ingles is working a niche market and wants to keep a more exclusive number. Hence, a slightly higher price point.

The part I don't get is when you look at both numbers to a 009. Ingles and Byron will be handworking your putters from either OEM. Cameron will not be touching your 009.
[/quote]

Thanks Stage....

I guess in my own measly brain.... Introducing a new product ( to Scratch anyways )... Doesn't justify a top of the line price

It was like Black Diamond Belt Company.... I inquired about some Buckles.... A putter.... And these guys...

New to the game... (?).

Are charging top of the line prices...

It makes me think.... WHO the...... Are you anyways?!?!?!

Again, my brain, seems like a brand new car company trying to charge Ferrari prices....

You have to earn the reputation to charge for it.

Scratch can charge for irons... But the " 009 " is a new product.... They have a GREAT reputation and I recently had a GREAT experience with Scratch over nothing more than a 20.00 item.... You don't expect personal phone calls for a 20.00 scorecard holder.... So I believe they are a good company....

It just feels contrived man...

Bah! I'm a widebody putter kind of guy anyways....

I always wanna experiment.... And if it was worth it... I would...

But it's not.

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

Copper!?! You are the man Boomer.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1391925559' post='8627737']
Copper!?! You are the man Boomer.
[/quote]Copper one of these with a nice dark patina would indeed be nice, just would be curious as to construction of neck as copper necks can be subject to bend out of spec relatively easily.

Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='TooMuchAwesome' timestamp='1391906869' post='8626075']
This thread cracks me up. [b]They are all basically variations of the original design from Karsten Solheim, which is not copyright protected in any way, shape, or form to the best of my knowledge.[/b] ....Let's just enjoy each company's interpretation and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these pieces!
[/quote]

Your insight is too logical for the vast majority of WRX'ers. :secret:

Yes, Cameron says he is inspired by things when perhaps realistically he's just rehashing an old design. Let it go.

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='jlevitt9' timestamp='1391926558' post='8627779']
[quote name='TooMuchAwesome' timestamp='1391906869' post='8626075']
This thread cracks me up. [b]They are all basically variations of the original design from Karsten Solheim, which is not copyright protected in any way, shape, or form to the best of my knowledge.[/b] ....Let's just enjoy each company's interpretation and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these pieces!
[/quote]

Your insight is too logical for the vast majority of WRX'ers. :secret:

Yes, Cameron says he is inspired by things when perhaps realistically he's just rehashing an old design. Let it go.
[/quote]

Too logical for WRX'ers.. did you read the thread on TCC?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745