Seung Yul Noh & Henley testing new MMProto Nike irons- Updated: Nike MMProto sale talk, Page 15

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this be the club to knock my AP2s out of the bag??????

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I don't normally say this about Nike - actually I never have said this about Nike - but those could not look any better. Nike really nailed it with these. I am certainly happy that I held off on irons this year, 2015 looks to be the year of the iron.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1406650445' post='9809929']
These look really amazing and can't wait to see the finished product. I hope to see them phase out the Covert line and improve upon their drivers and fairways and replace them with something better.
[/quote]

I actually really enjoyed the Covert Tour 2.0 driver. The red finish can be off-putting, but it performed well, sounded good, had a very nice stock shaft, and was as anti-left as anything I have hit.

If I had any complaint about the rest of the covert line it is with the finish. In fact, I have traditionally thought the actual finish (not the color necessarily, but the actual quality) seemed a bit cheap in comparison to the other higher end OEM products, especially on the "non tour" models. They tend to looks well worn very quickly, had a lot of plastic components that never looked very durable, and the paint just never seemed terribly thick or durable. I would love to see a no nonsense, deep faced 3 wood in the line to compete with some of the low spin models like the RBZ Tour and the 913fd. Basically an updated t60 aimed at the player's market. Nike is really putting good stuff out now. Maybe the Oven can cook something up.

[quote name='BCULAW' timestamp='1406654768' post='9810421']
These look really amazing and can't wait to see the finished product. I hope to see them phase out the Covert line and improve upon their drivers and fairways and replace them with something better.
[/quote]

I actually really enjoyed the Covert Tour 2.0 driver. The red finish can be off-putting, but it performed well, sounded good, had a very nice stock shaft, and was as anti-left as anything I have hit.

If I had any complaint about the rest of the covert line it is with the finish. In fact, I have traditionally thought the actual finish (not the color necessarily, but the actual quality) seemed a bit cheap in comparison to the other higher end OEM products, especially on the "non tour" models. They tend to looks well worn very quickly, had a lot of plastic components that never looked very durable, and the paint just never seemed terribly thick or durable. I would love to see a no nonsense, deep faced 3 wood in the line to compete with some of the low spin models like the RBZ Tour and the 913fd. Basically an updated t60 aimed at the player's market. Nike is really putting good stuff out now. Maybe the Oven can cook something up.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.. a no nonsense, adjustable version of the VR LTD with some added Nike Tech in there, maybe a modified compression channel (since Titleist has used something similar to their old one). The Covert line was a success for Nike, I just think they have more in the tank.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Interesting that the grooves aren't the X3X grooves. I'm curious to see if the wedges ditch the X3X grooves as well!

Driver: Taylormade 2017 M1 Tour Issue 440 (8.5) Matrix MSF5 Black Tie 80TX
FW: Taylormade M3 (3HL) GD BB 9X
Irons: Taylormade P790 UDI (18*), Kyoei Golf (4i-PW) C-Taper 130X
Wedges: Mizuno T7 (52, 56, 60) C-Taper 130X
2014 Scotty Cameron Newport

The two iron is from the pro combo equivalent the NOH pictures are the blade version.

But dont they look fantastioc, love the simple sleek lines and subtle garphics and like everyone else dont add any badges or extras..lovely work from all at The Oven.
Theses along with the gorgeous new wedges will hopefully increase the market share if the powers to be in marketing promote smarter than they have in the past.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1406655726' post='9810493']
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.. a no nonsense, adjustable version of the VR LTD with some added Nike Tech in there, maybe a modified compression channel (since Titleist has used something similar to their old one). The Covert line was a success for Nike, I just think they have more in the tank.
[/quote]

I completely agree with you, I do really enjoy the Covert Tour 2.0 though at the moment as I'm hitting it really well. I loved the VR LTD and I still have the VR Tour hanging around to hit every now and then and they feel amazing. But the Covert line has been a good one, I think they can step it up and combine more tech into it to make an outstanding driver and wood product. They are more than capable at this point as they've shown. I really think that the Covert 3 or whatever is going to go head to head with the 915 in my testing next year.

Also, from what I hear (which is dangerous when it comes to reps in the field) the new driver will be impressive. He wasn't wrong about these irons, so I'm hoping he won't be wrong about the driver. BTW he did say they (the irons) were game changers for their product line and by the looks they are packing quite a bit of tech hidden in the design. We will see how they perform though.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

Those irons look nice. I tried the Pro Combos (didn't like the feel), I tried the VR Blades, they felt nice but they couldn't knock the Callaway X-prototypes out of the bag. I just purchased the Apex Pros and really like them but the rubber insert has fallen out of the PW (not good). I wonder if the Nike MMProtos will be a forgiving blade like the X-Prototypes (I loved my X-Prototypes but just wanted something new).

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

[quote name='prhiam' timestamp='1406667404' post='9811701']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1406655726' post='9810493']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I completely agree with you, I do really enjoy the Covert Tour 2.0 though at the moment as I'm hitting it really well. I loved the VR LTD and I still have the VR Tour hanging around to hit every now and then and they feel amazing. But the Covert line has been a good one, I think they can step it up and combine more tech into it to make an outstanding driver and wood product. They are more than capable at this point as they've shown. I really think that the Covert 3 or whatever is going to go head to head with the 915 in my testing next year.

Also, from what I hear (which is dangerous when it comes to reps in the field) the new driver will be impressive. He wasn't wrong about these irons, so I'm hoping he won't be wrong about the driver. BTW he did say they (the irons) were game changers for their product line and by the looks they are packing quite a bit of tech hidden in the design. We will see how they perform though.
[/quote]

Did you hear if they were going to keep going with the cavity in their new woods line for next year?

I think the big swoosh makes them less classier. A non painted smaller swoosh would work

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Keep it simple. I would buy a set rightnow as is.
Please don't clutter up the back with stamping-graphics.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...