Worst driver you've ever owned or hit

Killedbyashankeddriver

Hard to say "worst" but I would say that Nike drivers have never worked for me. Not sure if that is due to the shafts chosen or something else, but just cannot hit them. (When it comes to irons, I have never hit Titleist irons well for some reason, but the WORST for me was the Big Bertha irons. Couldn't stand to look at them and that monster sole never sat well with me.)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='FredCouplesFan' timestamp='1409546696' post='10043349']
Callaway ft-i, by far the worst golf club I have ever owned. It was short, loud, and ugly. I feel bad for the poor guy that bought it off of me. Lol
[/quote]

You could be describing my . . . nevermind.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

never owned one but the SLDR is a junk box!

Titleist 915 D2 8.5* - Aldila Rogue Black 6-TX
Titleist 915F 16.5 - Aldila Tour Green 7X
Titleist 816 H1 19* - Motore Speeder 8.8X
Titleist 716 AP2 4-9 - Project X 6.5
SM6 46.08 F Grind - S300
SM6 50.08 F Grind - S300
SM6 54.10 S Grind - S300
SM6 58.12 K Grind - S200

Nike Method 006 Proto
ProV1x 16'

[quote name='^m9' timestamp='1409335128' post='10031855']
[quote name='Nudga' timestamp='1409315746' post='10029981']
I once owned a TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2 , Horrific colour, horrid shaft no sweetspot whatsoever

:stink:
and Callaway FTi..... It went nowhere off the tee...

[/quote]

You might want to edit your hyperlinks LOL. :)
[/quote]
Check ! they were supposed to images of the clubs, they were soo bad even that went wrong !

Driver for Show Putter for dough!

[quote name='FredCouplesFan' timestamp='1409546696' post='10043349']
Callaway ft-i, by far the worst golf club I have ever owned. It was short, loud, and ugly. I feel bad for the poor guy that bought it off of me. Lol
[/quote]

if that was the square headed callaway driver i totally agree, ruddy awful!!

[quote name='awil' timestamp='1409584188' post='10044493']Nike sumo machspeed black . Never could get that thing to feel even decent[/quote]

Square version or not? I had the square one and I'm still in disbelief that anyone bought it from me on the bay a few years back.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1408580284' post='9976313']
I got hand me downed some Wilson gear effect anti slice persimmon driver. It was very closed and the shaft was set back in the head, meaning the face of the club had inset, supposed to get the club to the ball faster to promote an inside strike?

Anyhow, i couldn't get off the tee with it, thinking the club was normal and it was just me. Ultimately the shaft was a little bent from me banging it on the ground. Sometimes you'd drive it into the ground, or as I later learned you could pop fly it 200 yards if you lined it up square-ish.

I credit it for destroying my long game. However, this lead to a focus on my iron game which got quite good for a while and eventually led me to the best golf I have ever played, so it was a mixed curse,

You could always aim down the right and make some kind of contact and let it do it's job. Instead I learned to hit a massive power fade and curve it down the left side of the fairway lol. Not the best thing overall for my game either.

The club was a complete POS, I can't imagine it doing anything other then sending aspiring golfers into therapy; rest in pieces.
[/quote]

[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1408580284' post='9976313']
I got hand me downed some Wilson gear effect anti slice persimmon driver. It was very closed and the shaft was set back in the head, meaning the face of the club had inset, supposed to get the club to the ball faster to promote an inside strike?

Anyhow, i couldn't get off the tee with it, thinking the club was normal and it was just me. Ultimately the shaft was a little bent from me banging it on the ground. Sometimes you'd drive it into the ground, or as I later learned you could pop fly it 200 yards if you lined it up square-ish.

I credit it for destroying my long game. However, this lead to a focus on my iron game which got quite good for a while and eventually led me to the best golf I have ever played, so it was a mixed curse,

You could always aim down the right and make some kind of contact and let it do it's job. Instead I learned to hit a massive power fade and curve it down the left side of the fairway lol. Not the best thing overall for my game either.

The club was a complete POS, I can't imagine it doing anything other then sending aspiring golfers into therapy; rest in pieces.
[/quote]

lol

For me its the Callaway X Hot Pro. I currently game the XHot 3 wood and X Hot pro 3 hy, both with stock PX shafts. Those clubs are awesome. So hot and straight. I vowed that my Adams hybrids would never come out of my bag, but that X Hot pro hybrid blew it out. But the driver is absolute garbage for me. I was just coming on here to start an X Hot Pro driver is the worst, need new driver help thread. I've tried it with the stock spagetti noodle PX shaft and my Fubuki Alpha from the Razr fit. The thing is so dead. I can swing nice and smooth or out of my shoes it doesn't go anywhere. It's so short and I have a horrible left miss/slice even with it in the closed position. I'm playing today and I'm going to through my old Razr Fit in the bag and I am not really a fan of that club, but it's better than the X Hot Pro.....it's the worst!!!! I just don't understand how the 3 wood and the hybrid can be so hot and straight and easy to hit and the driver is pure dead wood junk.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

[quote name='roundersmitty' timestamp='1408936409' post='10000925']
Some of the drivers mentioned are the best I have ever hit. Never hit one that was really bad...the worst was an old Prism from the early 90s. Small steel head and the whippiest shaft.
[/quote]
LOL I had one of those after one of the assistant pros at the course we played at showed us his. Kevlar shaft, never hit it well.

My choice even worse than the Prism was a R540XD TP I bought off of eBay way back in the day. Had the "T" stamp with an Aldila orange shaft that the name escapes me. I was able to sell it and get my money back but it had the worst sound. Thinking about it I wonder if it was a fake it was so bad. I had a 510, 580 and this was completely different.

[quote name='Lefty94' timestamp='1409748629' post='10055445']
For me its the Callaway X Hot Pro. I currently game the XHot 3 wood and X Hot pro 3 hy, both with stock PX shafts. Those clubs are awesome. So hot and straight. I vowed that my Adams hybrids would never come out of my bag, but that X Hot pro hybrid blew it out. But the driver is absolute garbage for me. I was just coming on here to start an X Hot Pro driver is the worst, need new driver help thread. I've tried it with the stock spagetti noodle PX shaft and my Fubuki Alpha from the Razr fit. The thing is so dead. I can swing nice and smooth or out of my shoes it doesn't go anywhere. It's so short and I have a horrible left miss/slice even with it in the closed position. I'm playing today and I'm going to through my old Razr Fit in the bag and I am not really a fan of that club, but it's better than the X Hot Pro.....it's the worst!!!! I just don't understand how the 3 wood and the hybrid can be so hot and straight and easy to hit and the driver is pure dead wood junk.
[/quote]

I dunno man, I think the X Hot Pro is probably the hottest driver in the last few years...I hit some places I have no business being on the golf course with it. I admit the stock shaft isnt the greatest...Nor is there any reason for a driver to be 45.75" but once you get it down to 45" at a reasonable swingweight with a shaft you like.... :partytime2:

PING G410 Max 10.5º w/ Ping Tour 65 X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

PING i25 18º w/ PWR 75 S

Srixon ZX Utility 4i w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 95 S

New Level 902 PD Forged 5-P w/ KBS Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner

Scotty Cameron Futura X7M Dual Balance

[quote name='Lefty94' timestamp='1409748629' post='10055445']
[/quote]

Get the X2Hot Pro... way better with the Tour Green shaft