J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Have you already gone down a counterbalanced path before? I'm unsure what results would be, or if it would feel different testing the exact same swingweight and length clubs, but one with a counterbalanced shaft and heavier head? Both d4, but would they feel the same? Maybe someone has done it before but interesting....any insight? I just glued up a T1100 for my ESZ, so I'll be checking in for your updates....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Not sure if you would like the T1100 as it has some counter balance to it, and it seems that you tend to like shafts with the balance a bit more towards the tip.

Didn't realize that, good to know. And you're right, heavily counter balanced shafts mess with me. I've heard nothing but positive things about the T1100 from those I know who have it. Project X is becoming a force in the shaft world.

Don't know if it's heavily counterbalanced, just know that it's counterbalanced. Here's the thread with some info on it from guys that have tried it out.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1433614-project-x-hzrdus-handcrafted-t1100-reviews

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I have the EXACT head coming, and the 888 (std., not rainbow finish) waiting at home with a Cally tip...

I loved my 816 with that shaft, and I'm excited to give this one a go... Although, my current M2 3HL has been as good as anything I've had (better than the 816 combo 0 But, I'm guessing std. Epic head will add that forgiveness I was missing with the 816 I'm sure.

I know you have your DJ putter out on the today, I'm looking forward to your feedback. According to FEDEX, mine will be here tomorrow...

Let me know how you like it!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

I have the EXACT head coming, and the 888 (std., not rainbow finish) waiting at home with a Cally tip...

I loved my 816 with that shaft, and I'm excited to give this one a go... Although, my current M2 3HL has been as good as anything I've had (better than the 816 combo 0 But, I'm guessing std. Epic head will add that forgiveness I was missing with the 816 I'm sure.

I know you have your DJ putter out on the today, I'm looking forward to your feedback. According to FEDEX, mine will be here tomorrow...

Epic fwy has a much better shape to me then the 816. As for getting out today, not happening. As I was driving to the course I got a call from the school nurse. I'm now working from home while tending to my 6 year old. :(

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Epic fwy has a much better shape to me then the 816. As for getting out today, not happening. As I was driving to the course I got a call from the school nurse. I'm now working from home while tending to my 6 year old. :(

Man. that is rough turning away from the course....

I hope the little one is ok.

I prefer the SZ fwy head to the 816 also, no less forgiving, maybe more so.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Man. that is rough turning away from the course....

I hope the little one is ok.

I prefer the SZ fwy head to the 816 also, no less forgiving, maybe more so.

New shiny toys and I was 1/2 mile from the 1st tee. But such is life and my son is more important. I'm now planning on taking a half day Thursday to do my on course testing.

Edel PROTO

In your fitting, how did the 2017 M1 compare? Too close to the 2016 m2 to matter?

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

In your fitting, how did the 2017 M1 compare? Too close to the 2016 m2 to matter?

Haven't gotten to the new M stuff yet (outdoors). I will in the near future so sit tight on that one.

Okay update on the new toys:

2016 M2 vs Epic standard

This is a perfect example of why LM's can only tell you so much. The testing has been going well but no clear winner came out of my testing on course. The Epic is the longer of the two when caught on the screws but off center hits are better with the M2 (mainly due to lower spin). So in my fitting the Epic was around 2500rpm on center strikes which is fine except on misses I was getting up around 3000-3300. But despite that I wanted to play it safe and go with the head that is more consistent. On course I hit some bombs with the Epic but mishits were spinning out on me which cost me distance. Overall i could easily play either driver but if it's not better then whats already in my bag whats the point?

So with that said I am going with my gut instead of my brain and have an Epic Sub Zero build coming. I hit a combo at the PGA show that blew me away but thought it was a fluke. Well after hitting on the LM"s some more with my current stuff i'm beginning to see it wasn't. So the Epic standard is on it's way out for it's lower spin brother. I have feeling the M2 is in big trouble but time will tell :superman:

Spider Tour Black putter:

Not going to bore you to death so her'es my recap: Looks nasty, feel is so-so, not the right putter for me. Hows that? :pimp: I actually got to play yesterday and today and missed some short ones that would haunt me when cash or a trophy was on the line. Maybe its just me but if a club does something odd it sticks with me. Kinda like when i tried the Odyssey Toe Up putters. I literally chunked 2 putts and never touched another one. :swoon:

So it will find a better home sadly. I wanted to love it but i can't worry about whether i'm going to pull a 3ft putt.

Edel PROTO

Good luck with the SZ testing. Looking forward to hearing about it. Any other drivers in the pipeline, or will that be it for this season?

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Haven't gotten to the new M stuff yet (outdoors). I will in the near future so sit tight on that one.

2016 M2 vs Epic standard

This is a perfect example of why LM's can only tell you so much. The testing has been going well but no clear winner came out of my testing on course. The Epic is the longer of the two when caught on the screws but off center hits are better with the M2 (mainly due to lower spin). So in my fitting the Epic was around 2500rpm on center strikes which is fine except on misses I was getting up around 3000-3300. But despite that I wanted to play it safe and go with the head that is more consistent. On course I hit some bombs with the Epic but mishits were spinning out on me which cost me distance. Overall i could easily play either driver but if it's not better then whats already in my bag whats the point?

So with that said I am going with my gut instead of my brain and have an Epic Sub Zero build coming. I hit a combo at the PGA show that blew me away but thought it was a fluke. Well after hitting on the LM"s some more with my current stuff i'm beginning to see it wasn't. So the Epic standard is on it's way out for it's lower spin brother. I have feeling the M2 is in big trouble but time will tell :superman:

Not going to bore you to death so her'es my recap: Looks nasty, feel is so-so, not the right putter for me. Hows that? :pimp: I actually got to play yesterday and today and missed some short ones that would haunt me when cash or a trophy was on the line. Maybe its just me but if a club does something odd it sticks with me. Kinda like when i tried the Odyssey Toe Up putters. I literally chunked 2 putts and never touched another one. :swoon:

So it will find a better home sadly. I wanted to love it but i can't worry about whether i'm going to pull a 3ft putt.

How about going with my testing and real course results and getting F7+?

Good luck with the SZ testing. Looking forward to hearing about it. Any other drivers in the pipeline, or will that be it for this season?

I plan on testing the TM stuff and possibly the Cobra. My club was just bought by Club Corp and we are in the process of getting new contracts setup with OEM's. I have no plans on purchasing anything else until i can demo everything on course.

Entourage - I promise to test the Cobra :D I hit it at the show and it was really good. I'm not made of money ya know lol

Edel PROTO

I plan on testing the TM stuff and possibly the Cobra. My club was just bought by Club Corp and we are in the process of getting new contracts setup with OEM's. I have no plans on purchasing anything else until i can demo everything on course.

Entourage - I promise to test the Cobra :D I hit it at the show and it was really good. I'm not made of money ya know lol

Excited about the club corp purchase? Not having been a member with them I've heard lots of different perspectives. It would be interesting to see what changes and what stays the same for you guys. Good luck and happy testing!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Nice war paint on the faces!...haha. I concur with your findings. Although I never tried the epic driver, I do have the ESZ adjusted to 8*, I have enjoyed it so far and has stayed in the bag with my tour issue m2 driver. Will be a tough decision for the slot...I too had the DJ putter, did the exact same thing you did...one and done, love the look though...I like where you are headed. :P

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Excited about the club corp purchase? Not having been a member with them I've heard lots of different perspectives. It would be interesting to see what changes and what stays the same for you guys. Good luck and happy testing!

So far the changes have been for the better but time will tell. A private club is tough business and as a member owned club it's really hard to compete with other clubs that are corporate owned. Their operating costs are 30-40% below yours which is almost impossible to overcome unless you're in a really wealthy area. Instead of monday morning quarterbacks making decisions we now have professionals that will treat it as a business.

Edel PROTO

2016 M2 vs Epic standard

Hey J what shafts are in this pic?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

2016 M2 vs Epic standard

The one in the TM is definitely an Agera. I would only assume the other is as well, but I don't see any clear views of graphics.

So far the changes have been for the better but time will tell. A private club is tough business and as a member owned club it's really hard to compete with other clubs that are corporate owned. Their operating costs are 30-40% below yours which is almost impossible to overcome unless you're in a really wealthy area. Instead of monday morning quarterbacks making decisions we now have professionals that will treat it as a business.

Get that ONE Membership and play with Tai or me for only $20 cart fee! :D

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I think you also get half off food and drinks, or something like that, with the ONE Membership as well.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I think you also get half off food and drinks, or something like that, with the ONE Membership as well.

I think just food, not drinks, if I remember correctly. But still a great deal if you eat at the club often and/or travel.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

2016 M2 vs Epic standard

sorry probably should have mentioned that. Agera Red in the M2, in the Epic was the Agera Copper Proto (made for Rickie Fowler). Difference between the two is minor but enough of a difference where it's noticeable for me. The Fowler proto Agera is softer in the mid and tip section and also slightly counter balanced. The Red is same as the Ion finish.

I think just food, not drinks, if I remember correctly. But still a great deal if you eat at the club often and/or travel.

Correct just food. It will be nice to travel around and play for a cart fee haha.

Edel PROTO

Can't wait to hear about the SZ on course thoughts. TP5X and SZ or XV all day? ;)

Played more with each ball and I just really like the Srixon XV. No reason for me to switch at this point. Haven't had a chance to mess with the SZ on course yet. I was in North Carolina over the weekend for the UNC vs Duke game. Amazing

Hey J! I love this thread by the way. You tend to know your stuff.

Was just wondering....I'm assuming all of your builds are tour issue. Who's your hookup? Where do you go? Or are these retails clubs you get...like the Epic and M2 you're trying now? I'm sure you've discussed this already but...I was just wondering.

Some builds are tour issue and some aren't. All depends. Can't talk about hookups sorry. My M2 is tour issue but the Epic isn't. The SZ coming is not technically tour issue but kinda is. Hand picked, specific lofted head before CT testing. So call that what you will ;)

For anyone interested i put up a bunch of pics and video from the UNC vs Duke game on my instagram. Also the GOAT showed up (Michael Jordan) and have some video of him as well. Best rivarly in sports. Click the link below

Edel PROTO

Read back over your TP5x review, after seeing some of the hype in the Kingdom thread, and other threads in the ball forum. You noted it being pretty similar off the driver and irons as the XV distance-wise. They also both seem to be a bit longer than the rest of the pack, yes? What's the difference in distance between those two balls, and the rest off the pack off different clubs? Did you notice any difference in trajectory between the TP5x and the others in your test?

Can't wait to hear about the SZ on course thoughts. TP5X and SZ or XV all day? ;)

Played more with each ball and I just really like the Srixon XV. No reason for me to switch at this point. Haven't had a chance to mess with the SZ on course yet. I was in North Carolina over the weekend for the UNC vs Duke game. Amazing

Hey J! I love this thread by the way. You tend to know your stuff.

Was just wondering....I'm assuming all of your builds are tour issue. Who's your hookup? Where do you go? Or are these retails clubs you get...like the Epic and M2 you're trying now? I'm sure you've discussed this already but...I was just wondering.

Some builds are tour issue and some aren't. All depends. Can't talk about hookups sorry. My M2 is tour issue but the Epic isn't. The SZ coming is not technically tour issue but kinda is. Hand picked, specific lofted head before CT testing. So call that what you will ;)

For anyone interested i put up a bunch of pics and video from the UNC vs Duke game on my instagram. Also the GOAT showed up (Michael Jordan) and have some video of him as well. Best rivarly in sports. Click the link below

Did Grayson Allen try to trip you on the way out of the building?

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Read back over your TP5x review, after seeing some of the hype in the Kingdom thread, and other threads in the ball forum. You noted it being pretty similar off the driver and irons as the XV distance-wise. They also both seem to be a bit longer than the rest of the pack, yes? What's the difference in distance between those two balls, and the rest off the pack off different clubs? Did you notice any difference in trajectory between the TP5x and the others in your test?

TP5X flies a little higher then the XV off driver, not as noticeable to the naked eye with irons. Distance wise XV is a little longer for me off the tee, irons i don't see any difference. TP5X feels a little softer. Overall the XV does everything right for me so i'm sticking with it. The other ball that impressed me is the Callaway Chrome Soft X. If the XV didn't exist i would probably play the Chrome Soft X over the TP5X.

@Peanut - He didn't trip anyone but he did elbow someone in the face and get a technical. The arena booed every time he touched the ball which was hilarious.

Edel PROTO

Thinking about trying out the Modus shafts, had about enough with the 130x.

Didn't you play the 130X c-Taper?

I may grab some Tour 125S, and give em a go.

Played Ctapers for a while (130X) then switched to Modus a few years ago and never looked back. I'm not kidding when i say my Srixon 745/Modus 120TX combo are not going anywhere.

Edel PROTO

SZ head showed up today. Lie angle 60* , 9* head (actual loft is 9.5*)

53090871b290f5920f9b8d31340ea99c.jpg98db06f968a33fde44beed038b3b3ab2.jpg

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM