J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Did you get to try the new O-Works putters? Curious about your thoughts on those.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

What was your favorite putter at the Show?

Favorite putters at the show for me personally were the Toulon San Diego, Columbus, and Indianapolis, TM Spider slant neck, Evnroll has some nice ones, and Oworks 1W. Seemore had nothing new, Direct Force was terrible, Scotty was kinda boring as the new stuff is ugly IMO, Edel has some very sweet putters as did Piretti.

Did you get to try the new O-Works putters? Curious about your thoughts on those.

Great roll on the but hard to comment on feel/sound as every putter at the show feels like a marshmallow due to how loud it is in there. I"m not in love with the black, red, and white color scheme but that's a minor complaint.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Favorite putters at the show for me personally were the Toulon San Diego, Columbus, and Indianapolis, TM Spider slant neck, Evnroll has some nice ones, and Oworks 1W. Seemore had nothing new, Direct Force was terrible, Scotty was kinda boring as the new stuff is ugly IMO, Edel has some very sweet putters as did Piretti.

Great roll on the but hard to comment on feel/sound as every putter at the show feels like a marshmallow due to how loud it is in there. I"m not in love with the black, red, and white color scheme but that's a minor complaint.

Hey J, I actually picked up a "Cure" putter. Dean Beman helped design it and he was there hawking it! Did you see their booth/setup? I'm a sucker. I'll try anything.

Hey J, I actually picked up a "Cure" putter. Dean Beman helped design it and he was there hawking it! Did you see their booth/setup? I'm a sucker. I'll try anything.

I saw the Cure putters and tried them out. Very stable but not for me. I tried the SeeMore giant and putters of that size are just too much for me.

Edel PROTO

Some more pics. Going to do a rundown of the show when I get a chance I'm just getting home from sunny FL. Weather was great now back to the 40* temps :(

BTW - Launch Mointor by Flightscope is called Mevo and will be out for $500. Spoke to them about it but didn't see it at the booth. I wasn't there long but it will track ball speed, LA, Club speec, smash, and spin if you use their dots. Interested to see how it stacks up with a more expensive unit like trackman or Foresight which has their new Quad out which is pretty sick.

Edel PROTO

great pics... thanks for sharing!!

No prob glad to share. More to come

Edel PROTO

95688cff99ae2c8325b57a4579c87dd3.jpg1615a77e545e45d636bbdb94bc0b2195.jpg4b2e0c3d8419af20b1800d31781978d9.jpg71d833aa5a5ae29fbf2b08486e45dd9f.jpgc553f92ac817a475930ddc7f9a854436.jpg0622080f96f4bce3a2970418899126fb.jpg521279138552019fe582b34e7327bb32.jpg70a97fe4a65397d1dbbb6ae3936008ea.jpgabfdeb6bed3fe45d0548d5ca30768805.jpg585c5d7cbcf85c491fb4e93248b04ef2.jpg45b4d95044dce235edb260533b3f4558.jpg96c53a1174e54d0e40818e08c4bd85ea.jpg26888616e8ad3ef8477ac44f96093385.jpg

Edel PROTO

Hey J,

Thanks for taking the time to share all the pics and reviews. Personally, I found this to cover more things that I found way more interesting thn what was actually covered by the site itself. You seemed to things that were I woul of wanted to see, outside of the major OEM day to day stuff that's been up the site for the lst month or so already. Really liked te headcoer pics, and will be looking into the Kings Link.

I see you took pics of the Tyson Lamb line, but did not mention it in your posts about putters. Personally from what I've seen it seem he has that old SC type of stylng, but with a small company feel like a Byron. I guess what I mean is it seems he took classic designs that SC tweaked to make a bit better, and then he then made it look a bit better in my eyes. It's an old designs, but with the look of a current, and new possibilities, and old school, meeting new school. Like when I look at a great putter, but think "if I could just tweak this part of the putter, than visually it'd be perfect for me from a look stand point". That's what I've see in the limited pics of his putters. But obiously just cuz it looks aweome, doesn't mean that it performs. I'd love to give one a try but unfortuneately it seems that only could happen if I bought one, like most of the boutique putter makers out today.

I'd like to see WRX do an article on him, or a member do a review. It seems weird that how large this site is I've not seen much at him.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Hey J,

Thanks for taking the time to share all the pics and reviews. Personally, I found this to cover more things that I found way more interesting thn what was actually covered by the site itself. You seemed to things that were I woul of wanted to see, outside of the major OEM day to day stuff that's been up the site for the lst month or so already. Really liked te headcoer pics, and will be looking into the Kings Link.

I see you took pics of the Tyson Lamb line, but did not mention it in your posts about putters. Personally from what I've seen it seem he has that old SC type of stylng, but with a small company feel like a Byron. I guess what I mean is it seems he took classic designs that SC tweaked to make a bit better, and then he then made it look a bit better in my eyes. It's an old designs, but with the look of a current, and new possibilities, and old school, meeting new school. Like when I look at a great putter, but think "if I could just tweak this part of the putter, than visually it'd be perfect for me from a look stand point". That's what I've see in the limited pics of his putters. But obiously just cuz it looks aweome, doesn't mean that it performs. I'd love to give one a try but unfortuneately it seems that only could happen if I bought one, like most of the boutique putter makers out today.

I'd like to see WRX do an article on him, or a member do a review. It seems weird that how large this site is I've not seen much at him.

No problem, I tried taking pics of things that stood out to me aside from only big OEM stuff as I knew WRX would have that covered. As for Tyson Lamb putters I think they are gorgeous and his work is on par with anyone in the game especially at his age. He had probably 30 or so putters there but for obvious reasons there wasn't a putting green to try them out. I wouldn't worry about whether they perform or not as it's pretty much impossible to mess up an anser style putter lol. My advice would be to reach out to someone on the board who has one and see what they think.

Edel PROTO

So interested in a Tyson Lamb. Although I got turned off by some of his recent "copies". Supposed to go see him next time I'm in Dallas. I want to roll one.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Darn, I wish I knew you were cruising around there I would have liked to have you swing by our booth so we could meet in person.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Darn, I wish I knew you were cruising around there I would have liked to have you swing by our booth so we could meet in person.

Yeah I didn't realize you were there until it was too late. Knudson told me you were at the Winston booth I think. Funny thing was I did stop at that booth to check out the headcovers.

Sorry to jump in...what was your booth? Maybe I met you?

I believe it was Winston. I still feel like dummy for not meeting up with you. I forgot my portable charger that day so kept my phone in airplane mode in between taking pics in the morning and my batter was literally toast so I eventually turned it off as I needed to catch Uber when I left.

Edel PROTO

So interested in a Tyson Lamb. Although I got turned off by some of his recent "copies". Supposed to go see him next time I'm in Dallas. I want to roll one.

I finally saw his website and definitely some nice putters, headcovers, and divot tools. It seems the possiblities are endless (granted very limited putter models shown on his site). Wish there was a listing of all the options. Not positive but I believe they are rediculously expensive (not sure but I'm guessing much more than a typical Byron andTP Mills), not sure though. But look cool AF.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I finally saw his website and definitely some nice putters, headcovers, and divot tools. It seems the possiblities are endless (granted very limited putter models shown on his site). Wish there was a listing of all the options. Not positive but I believe they are rediculously expensive (not sure but I'm guessing much more than a typical Byron andTP Mills), not sure though. But look cool AF.

He said on morning drive that his putters start at a thousand. All the putters at the show had tags that ran from 3200 to 5000.

I look at the Lamb photos at the Tablerock booth and the putter that intrested me the most was not a Lamb or a Cameron. It's the '63 Wilson Designed by Arnold Palmer that is sitting in there. What a hidden gem!

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

He said on morning drive that his putters start at a thousand. All the putters at the show had tags that ran from 3200 to 5000.

I didn't see any putter for $1k that for sure. I think his putters are way over priced for still being relatively unknown and it would be wiser to start in the 600-1000 range. Asking $5k for a putter when 99% of the golfing world doesn't know your name isn't a smart move IMO.

Edel PROTO

I didn't see any putter for $1k that for sure. I think his putters are way over priced for still being relatively unknown and it would be wiser to start in the 600-1000 range. Asking $5k for a putter when 99% of the golfing world doesn't know your name isn't a smart move IMO.

I would think your money is better spent circle T for that kind of change.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I would think your money is better spent circle T for that kind of change.

I would agree especially if you like to buy , sell, and trade putters.

Edel PROTO

Sorry to jump in...what was your booth? Maybe I met you?

Winston Collection booth 3861. We had a pretty steady flow of people all 3 days so I was relatively busy in conversation or taking down orders. We may have spoken and not even realized it haha

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Last of the pics. Veylix 788 LR, and also the Veylix naked Nickel shaft in the Epic SZ. Tell me that shaft wasn't made for that driver? Looks amazing in the head with all of the exposed Carbon and it produces some fast ball speeds.

And yes that's Honma's 6 piece ball that retails for $80/dozen. I'll be testing it soon as I got a sleeve. But let's be honest, unless I get another 20yds off the tee there is ZERO chance I buy some lol

image_15.jpeg

image_12.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

image_11.jpeg

image_13.jpeg

image_14.jpeg

image_16.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Edel PROTO

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!! Did you happen to get an address pic of the Toulon Long Island putter?

Sorry i didn't.

Warrick - 13.5 SZ is long ! I really liked the 13.5 in the Epic standard as well.

Edel PROTO

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!! Did you happen to get an address pic of the Toulon Long Island putter?

Sorry i didn't.

Warrick - 13.5 SZ is long ! I really liked the 13.5 in the Epic standard as well.

I was dabbling between a Mini 1.5, and my 816 3W, seemed like a perfect mix of the 2. I was not feeling comfy with the Mini off the deck. Hope to play at 13.5 with heavy weight back.

Thanks for the reply.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Did you get a chance to hit the Rome 788 and the naked nickel one? Is the naked nickel one based off of the Roughneck profile?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Nice pictures and insight, J. Was this year's show smaller or less expansive than usual? Seemed that way based on the coverage from WRX and other sources on social media. Of course, I could be totally off.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM