J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Wilson drivers.. Nike close out putters??! What's going on in here my man?!

I'm positioning myself to go on the next Nike Oven trip :D

Crazy things happen when when the weather gets cold. But that's a non issue for pure....

You got that right. I played yesterday but once Christmas hits most golf outside is shut down until March. Hence the title of my thread Silly Season :D

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What the hell? :) Actually I like the matter putters. They feel good too

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

What the hell? :) Actually I like the matter putters. They feel good too

Don't get too excited Cota I already have 3 or 4 milled long slant necks lined up with this style suits me ;)

Edel PROTO

Stopped at the shop yesterday to hit some balls as it was cold and windy so outdoor wasn't an option. Anyway I gave the triton a second chance and once again it was no Bueno. The Aldila 125 Rogue stock they provide is a cheap piece of junk def not a real 125 I don't care what anyone tries to tell you. I had the real deal etched 125 and it's not even close. Anyway hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

I hated it as well. I have a 50tx 125 so not apples to apples but it felt different to me too. s*** you not, it's been an awesome driver numbers wise for a ton of people. I should have asked, maybe it's all lower swing speed guys? But the guy I talked to is legit, I bet he would have won the show if he'd applied and gotten picked. He'll be designing the next driver at a major oem as soon as he finishes his masters in physics and golf club design. Best fitter at the shop we did gear trials at.

I remember him, dude was sharp as a tack and he was REALLY good at explaining everything to everyone about what was happening, and most importantly, why.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Finally got the chance to hit the Epic and Epic SZ on Flightscope (thanks Scott ;) ) I also hit my M2 and all clubs had my preferred shaft the Agera. It was as apples to apples as I could get at the moment although the Agera I had with the cally adapter is 83g and the Agera I had in the M2 was 75g. So not a perfect comparision but good enough for now.

Also please note I plan on doing a more in depth testing/fitting at Club Champion where I can hit real deal shafts and truly do an apples to apples comparison. The Epic SZ was 9* and Epic was a 10.5 head so almost useless for me so I want to try the 9* head.

First impression:

Both heads look identical from the top and as others have described has the faded carbon crown like the fusion. There's a hint of green in the back of the crown but to be honest I barely noticed it. It does have the speed bumps or whatever they're called on top but again didn't really notice them. In any case they look high end especially on the sole so thumbs up to Cally for that.

Epic - Again I only had a 10.5 head to try so I didn't hit many with it. Launch and spin were both too high for me so no point but still glad I got to hit it. I really want to try a 9* head

Epic SZ - Heavy weight forward set at 9* and it was hitting bombs. It was matching my M2 with a shaft in it that was 7-8g's heavier so that was nice to see. The sound beats both the Epic and M2 hands down as it has a very muted thwack that anyone will love. It was lower spinning then the epic and M2. It was on average about 250rpm lower in spin then the M2. I look forward to playing with some shaft and also comparing it to a 9* head in the Epic.

So my first impression and based on numbers was the Epic SZ matched my M2. I saw a slight increase in total distance and ball speed with the SZ but again both were so simliar it would be hard to make a switch based on today. I really want to do an in depth testing when all lofts are available and play with the settings which I really didn't have time today to do. At the very least the SZ was keeping up with a driver that was fit really well for me so that shows promise.

Numbers that I remember was carry distance m2 by 1yd (308yds), total distance SZ by 2yds (328yds), ball speed SZ by 1mph and avg Smash with both was 1.49.

Edel PROTO

Finally got the chance to hit the Epic and Epic SZ on Flightscope (thanks Scott ;) ) I also hit my M2 and all clubs had my preferred shaft the Agera. It was as apples to apples as I could get at the moment although the Agera I had the cally adaptor on is 83g and the Agera I had in the M2 was 75g. So not a perfect comparision but good enough for now.

Also please note I plan on doing a more in depth testing/fitting at Club Champion where I can hit real deal shafts and truly do an apples to apples comparison. The Epic SZ was 9* and Epic was a 10.5 head so almost useless for me so I want to try the 9* head.

First impression:

Both heads look identical from the top and as others have described has the faded carbon crown like the fusion. There's a hint of green in the back of the crown but to be honest I barely noticed it. It does have the speed bumps or whatever they're called on top but again didn't really notice them. In any case they look high end especially on the sole so thumbs up to Cally for that.

Epic - Again I only had a 10.5 head to try so I didn't hit many with it. Launch and spin were both too high for me so no point but still glad I got to hit it. I really want to try a 9* head

Epic SZ - Heavy weight forward set at 9* and it was hitting bombs. It was matching my M2 with a shaft in it that was 7-8g's heavier so that was nice to see. The sound beats both the Epic and M2 hands down as it has a very muted thwack that anyone will love. It was lower spinning then the epic and M2. It was on average about 250rpm lower in spin then the M2. I look forward to playing with some shaft and also comparing it to a 9* head in the Epic.

So my first impression and based on numbes was the Epic SZ matched my M2. I saw a slight increase in total distance and ball speed with the SZ but again both were so simliar it would be hard to make a switch based on today. I really want to do an in depth testing when all lofts are available and play with the settings which I really didn't have time today to do. At the very least the SZ was keeping up with a driver that was fit really well for me so that shows promise.

Numbers that I remember was carry distance m2 by 1yd (308yds), total distance SZ by 2yds (328yds), ball speed SZ by 1mph and avg Smash with both was 1.49.

Sorry.. didn't bother to read the review, did you pick up 8mph ball speed or 9? :tongue:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Seriously though thanks for the review.... I am more interested in hitting these than the new TM heads to be honest.

I'm still not 100% sure these can beat my current M2 let alone the new one (if it's better). Think J is on the same page, although a much bigger Cally fan than I.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

It's hard to say right now and who knows with the new TM stuff as no one has really hit it. I think Cally stepped up and made some impressive drivers that everyone should test. I am a big Callaway fan but I still play what works best so when I do my more in depth testing I will make my decision. Who knows maybe I'll stick with my current m2 if nothing really stands out. Actually we all know that's not happening haha :D seriously I got great numbers with both models but if I was going by just today with a gun to my head I wouldnt switch as 1-3yds isn't worth $500.

Edel PROTO

Thanks for the review. Last year SZ was my only Callaway product that I've liked in all my years of golfing lol. Really excited to try this driver out.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

We need a test from Rick Shiels buddy "the mid handicapper"

You guys probably hit the center of the club face too often (J, Pure). We need to find out what this does for us that consistently have off-center hits...lol.

Thanks for the write up.

Does the 460 head look "big", or did they hide the head size well like on the DBD's?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

We need a test from Rick Shiels buddy "the mid handicapper"

You guys probably hit the center of the club face too often (J, Pure). We need to find out what this does for us that consistently have off-center hits...lol.

Thanks for the write up.

Does the 460 head look "big", or did they hide the head size well like on the DBD's?

I was there with Justin and only getting about 1.47 smash and was all over the face. I'm your guy. lol

Played both DBD's. Similar size IMO.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

No problem fella's and Scratch I agree testing can be expensive which is why i'm going about testing diffently this year. More LM testing and less buying then trying. As i mentioned i'm planning on a real deal fitting next month but for now it was nice to at least hit the Epics. The reasonable hype is real and they are definite contenders. I look forward to going through the fitting process and seeing what comes out on top.

Warrick i don't hit center everytime trust me. What i saw out of the Epic was impressive from a forgiveness standpoint. I missed some on the heel or toe side and ball speed still staying high and smash stay above 1.48 which is crazy. Highest smash i got was a Rogue/Epic GBB combo at 1.50 and that was the average after 10 shots. Granted loft wasn't right and spin was a little too high (2900) but still.

Scott!!!! Great to meet you yesterday. Yes your smash was a little lower but you were bringing some heat brotha. 118-119mph all day haha :D

Edel PROTO

Finally got the chance to hit the Epic and Epic SZ on Flightscope (thanks Scott ;) ) I also hit my M2 and all clubs had my preferred shaft the Agera. It was as apples to apples as I could get at the moment although the Agera I had the cally adaptor on is 83g and the Agera I had in the M2 was 75g. So not a perfect comparision but good enough for now.

First impression:

So my first impression and based on numbes was the Epic SZ matched my M2. I saw a slight increase in total distance and ball speed with the SZ but again both were so simliar it would be hard to make a switch based on today. I really want to do an in depth testing when all lofts are available and play with the settings which I really didn't have time today to do. At the very least the SZ was keeping up with a driver that was fit really well for me so that shows promise.

Sorry.. didn't bother to read the review, did you pick up 8mph ball speed or 9? :tongue:

bgwZY.gif

Are you going to Club Champion to do the initial testing? Any idea if they'll be getting the M* and Epic heads prior to the general release dates? I'm definitely interesting in giving those two a good comparison prior to the start of next season.

I'll probably go to either the Philly or D.C. club champion

Edel PROTO

Thanks for a great review! Curious how the 75g Agera would pair with Epic. It'll be interesting to see how many tour players start using Epic next season. M2 is tough to beat!

Thats exactly what i thought.

Edel PROTO

Are you going to Club Champion to do the initial testing? Any idea if they'll be getting the M* and Epic heads prior to the general release dates? I'm definitely interesting in giving those two a good comparison prior to the start of next season.

I called my local Club Champion (Boston) and they said they anticipated getting both maybe a week or two before release but didn't have a concrete date.

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond 8* - Fujikura Ventus TR Red
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Taylormade Stealth Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Titleist T200 2023 4-PW Nippon Modus 120
Taylormade MG3 50, 54, Hi-Toe 60
Taylormade Spider GT Max

I called my local Club Champion (Boston) and they said they anticipated getting both maybe a week or two before release but didn't have a concrete date.

I heard the same thing. You would think they would get demo heads out 3-4 weeks prior to launch so people could order and have their new shiny club on launch day.

Edel PROTO

Demo heads should be in around 12-14th...and if like the Fusion, then should be receiving heads for builds at the same time..so anything ordered at Pre Sale time should be right on or before the Release date....if Fusion launch was any indication.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Demo heads should be in around 12-14th...and if like the Fusion, then should be receiving heads for builds at the same time..so anything ordered at Pre Sale time should be right on or before the Release date....if Fusion launch was any indication.

Thanks for the info, good to know!

Edel PROTO

What's up J good review, and thanks for posting it. It definitely seems the 2016 will be tough to be beat for a lot members on here.

I saw Rick Shiels review for the 2017 M1/2. M1 seems to very similar to the 2016, but the 2017 M2 seems to have gone further towards the game improvement category vs the 2016 (granted its only one review, so.....). Curious to hear what you and others you've gamed the 2016 M2 a lot, think of it.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

J, thanks for the review. Look forward to your more extensive testing. In the Epic thread, others who have hit it have said the feel is fantastic.

I'm not a candidate for the SZ, so I'm interested in the feel of the GBB Epic vs. the current GBB & XR16. I know the 10.5 head isn't the best fit for you,

but did you get the sense the feel was far superior? I know it's a very subjective question, so as a point of reference, for me, the best feeling head ever (and sound) was the Optiforce 440.

On the subject of balls, is the X version of Chrome Soft you mentioned going to replace the current version or be in addition to?

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

J, thanks for the review. Look forward to your more extensive testing. In the Epic thread, others who have hit it have said the feel is fantastic.

I'm not a candidate for the SZ, so I'm interested in the feel of the GBB Epic vs. the current GBB & XR16. I know the 10.5 head isn't the best fit for you,

but did you get the sense the feel was far superior? I know it's a very subjective question, so as a point of reference, for me, the best feeling head ever (and sound) was the Optiforce 440.

On the subject of balls, is the X version of Chrome Soft you mentioned going to replace the current version or be in addition to?

SZ sounded and felt better then the GBB but both felt and sounded much better then my M2. Keep in mind this was inside so that can effect sound/feel. The CHrome soft X will compliment the current Chrome Soft (think prov1 and prov1x)

Edel PROTO

SZ sounded and felt better then the GBB but both felt and sounded much better then my M2. Keep in mind this was inside so that can effect sound/feel. The CHrome soft X will compliment the current Chrome Soft (think prov1 and prov1x)

Thanks, looking forward to more of your testing. I was pleasantly surprised with what we can see of the crown in the Kevin Kisner pic.

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

The crowns look good to me with a much improved shape over the previous generations.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM