J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

I don't mind the alignment to be honest although it's not incorporated into the crown very well. It's just so left bias and the lie angle was the flattest I've ever seen.

Wilson has the same problem Nike had. They are a sports company that has non golf people designing and marketing golf clubs. Doesn't work.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Can't believe you even take the time to pick that thing up let alone hit it. I respect the willingness to try new things though.

Wasn't planning on it but I would have eventually tried it. It also overcomes the objection from people who claim I never tried it. I won't be hitting it again I assure you ;)

Edel PROTO

Went to local shop today. They sold two of the Triton's yesterday. I didn't hit it but the shop guys didn't have a bad opinion of it and yes, they would have been honest with me. For what it is worth, I found out my daughter in law works with the designer. Despite winning, he hasn't quit his day job.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I was like no he didn't. Hahaha. Whew. Almost as bad as me trying Kirklands

Haha speaking of the Ksigs how are they? I might try them out for a winter ball and see how it goes. Price is great and it will save me some time of searching through the leaves everywhere which can add quite a bit of time to a round.

I played the K-Sig again today, it is a really good ball. It is pretty cold here in MI (42 today with wind chill nearer 35) but it performed quite well. I really love the way it comes off my wedges and I hit a few drives perfectly flush and the flight was pretty filthy: nice and flat and held its line very well in crosswinds. My close friend played the K-Sig for the first full round today and he did some comparisons off the tee to ProV1x.. on every single occasion he was noticeably longer with the Kirkland ball, one time it was 20 yards past the ProV1x and he said out loud after the ProV1x came off the driver "I killed that"..

It was ice cold and I am not sure where i stand with swing speed currently due to a health issue that has come up however, I hit my new M1/ Tensei setup with the K-Sig into my normal spots for this course and even hit 2 good drives that ended up greenside (one in the front bunker and one just in front chipping for eagle) on holes where I am normally expecting to be ~20-30 yards short. Overall I think I really like the sound and feel of the K-Sig coming off every club. My only concern with the ball is that it might be slightly soft for me in hot weather but I am willing to find out and play these all winter and spring.

If there's anything you want to know specifically about them let me know and I will try my best to provide an answer

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Went to local shop today. They sold two of the Triton's yesterday. I didn't hit it but the shop guys didn't have a bad opinion of it and yes, they would have been honest with me. For what it is worth, I found out my daughter in law works with the designer. Despite winning, he hasn't quit his day job.

I don't blame him. I mean he won $500K which is great and all but after Uncle Sam takes his cut he's really left with $300K which you obviously can't retired with and ride off into the sunset. As for him working for Wilson my guess is that's HIGHLY dependent on sales of this driver. I wish the guy the best and I'm glad he won because the other guy was an arrogant SOB. Like any driver some work well for people and some don't. Triton didn't work well for me and it's ugly.

I was like no he didn't. Hahaha. Whew. Almost as bad as me trying Kirklands

Haha speaking of the Ksigs how are they? I might try them out for a winter ball and see how it goes. Price is great and it will save me some time of searching through the leaves everywhere which can add quite a bit of time to a round.

I played the K-Sig again today, it is a really good ball. It is pretty cold here in MI (42 today with wind chill nearer 35) but it performed quite well. I really love the way it comes off my wedges and I hit a few drives perfectly flush and the flight was pretty filthy: nice and flat and held its line very well in crosswinds. My close friend played the K-Sig for the first full round today and he did some comparisons off the tee to ProV1x.. on every single occasion he was noticeably longer with the Kirkland ball, one time it was 20 yards past the ProV1x and he said out loud after the ProV1x came off the driver "I killed that"..

It was ice cold and I am not sure where i stand with swing speed currently due to a health issue that has come up however, I hit my new M1/ Tensei setup with the K-Sig into my normal spots for this course and even hit 2 good drives that ended up greenside (one in the front bunker and one just in front chipping for eagle) on holes where I am normally expecting to be ~20-30 yards short. Overall I think I really like the sound and feel of the K-Sig coming off every club. My only concern with the ball is that it might be slightly soft for me in hot weather but I am willing to find out and play these all winter and spring.

If there's anything you want to know specifically about them let me know and I will try my best to provide an answer

Good feedback TB I will probably grab some to try over the winter but my problem with the current Chrome Soft is the compression. Off the driver I physically can't feel it it's like hitting a cotton ball. My guess is the KSig might be that way (in the warm months). You ever tried the Srixon Zstar XV? Just started playing them and I'm impressed. If it were a Titleist it would be the equivalent to a Prov1XX with a more durable cover. I might try the Zstar standard as well.

Edel PROTO

Good feedback TB I will probably grab some to try over the winter but my problem with the current Chrome Soft is the compression. Off the driver I physically can't feel it it's like hitting a cotton ball. My guess is the KSig might be that way (in the warm months). You ever tried the Srixon Zstar XV? Just started playing them and I'm impressed. If it were a Titleist it would be the equivalent to a Prov1XX with a more durable cover. I might try the Zstar standard as well.

J, I agree that the CS felt oddly "light" off the driver, and all other clubs for that matter. Not an inherently bad thing, just not what I prefer. The deal breaker, though, was its tendency to generate hot flyers off wedges and short irons. Even from clean lies, if I really compressed a wedge it was going to get a bonus 15-20 yards way too often...not cool. Sounds like we're both going to really enjoy the CS X when it finally appears in a few weeks.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I have tried the Z Star XV and it was set to be my ball for 2016 early on but after the first dozen I could not stand them off my wedges. They have a tendency to pop up off my wedges (partial wedges in particular) and seem to slide up the face. After seeing that I decided to stick to ProV1x for another year and it worked out. To be honest though, I have seen ball speed increases on trackman with the XV up to 3-4 mph over ProV1x but I could not get over the wedge performance. Chrome soft is WAYYY too soft for me and again with the wedges I hated the chrome soft. Partial wedges would produce hot jumpers half the time and that was all I needed to throw those to the side. My current top choices in order that I would play of the mainstream balls are:

Titleist ProV1x

Taylormade TPx

Bridgestone B330

Srixon Z Star XV

The K-Sig feels and sounds firmer off the driver and irons like a ProV1x but softer off the putter. Kind of an interesting mix.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

J, I agree that the CS felt oddly "light" off the driver, and all other clubs for that matter. Not an inherently bad thing, just not what I prefer. The deal breaker, though, was its tendency to generate hot flyers off wedges and short irons. Even from clean lies, if I really compressed a wedge it was going to get a bonus 15-20 yards way too often...not cool. Sounds like we're both going to really enjoy the CS X when it finally appears in a few weeks.

Looking forward to trying the X version. As I've said before I'm trying the Zstar XV right now and enjoying it. Still testing green side spin but it's hard to judge in winter conditions

Edel PROTO

I have tried the Z Star XV and it was set to be my ball for 2016 early on but after the first dozen I could not stand them off my wedges. They have a tendency to pop up off my wedges (partial wedges in particular) and seem to slide up the face. After seeing that I decided to stick to ProV1x for another year and it worked out. To be honest though, I have seen ball speed increases on trackman with the XV up to 3-4 mph over ProV1x but I could not get over the wedge performance. Chrome soft is WAYYY too soft for me and again with the wedges I hated the chrome soft. Partial wedges would produce hot jumpers half the time and that was all I needed to throw those to the side. My current top choices in order that I would play of the mainstream balls are:

Weird, I compared the Srixon XV v. Titleist ProV1X extensively and never noticed that. The ProV1X was softer-feeling, but I didn't notice differences in distance or spin. Of course, I'm not doubting your findings; that is just the differences between different players' swings. About 18 months ago, I went through a long ball-test to determine my ball going forward. The XV and ProV1X were the finalists; but he XV was by far the best ball in the wind, and that is what made me finally decide on them.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Weird, I compared the Srixon XV v. Titleist ProV1X extensively and never noticed that. The ProV1X was softer-feeling, but I didn't notice differences in distance or spin. Of course, I'm not doubting your findings; that is just the differences between different players' swings. About 18 months ago, I went through a long ball-test to determine my ball going forward. The XV and ProV1X were the finalists; but he XV was by far the best ball in the wind, and that is what made me finally decide on them.

Q I saw what Buzz did, extra distance off the tee. Not kidding when I say the XV seems to always be about 5-10yds longer when I compared the two. I don't have any issues with distance control maybe that's because Buzz swings his PW 125mph :D

I always forget about the TM TpX, my buddy plays them and can't say enough good things about them.

Edel PROTO

I've been a Pro V1 guy forever and only this year dabbled with the Pro V1X and really enjoyed it. I seem to get more distance off the tee and more spin around the greens, both pluses in my book. The Pro V1 is a tad softer off the putter, but the Pro V1X is plenty soft for me.

Recently, I started playing around some with sleeves of Bridgestone B330S, Chrome Soft, and Taylormade TP.

B330S - not sure what it is, but not impressed...kind of blah feeling

Chrome Soft - close to being a killer ball, but just feels too soft and almost dead feeling...also gotten some of those wild flyers with it where the ball carries an additional 15 yds on approach shots from 120 or so and in

Taylormade TP - What a pleasant surprise! A +HCP buddy of mine suggested that I give them a try and I'm glad I did. Though I enjoyed a Lethal I played a few rounds with, I have never really seen TM as a top ball maker, but these things are nice! They are soft enough, but not clicky off the putter. And in the wind, they cut right through it. They are durable too, which is a major plus. I look forward to trying the + version. So far, these have been my fave.

Tyro I'm kind of in the same boat. 2017 looks to have some good choices coming so I'm interested to see how things shake out.

Edel PROTO

We'll have to see if the new Taylormade ball is an improvement or not. From what I've seen in pictures, I personally like what Taylormade have done with their new irons and wedges. Some are ragging on the wedges, but I don't care what they look like in the bag, only what they look like at address, feel like, and performance.

We'll have to see if the new Taylormade ball is an improvement or not. From what I've seen in pictures, I personally like what Taylormade have done with their new irons and wedges. Some are ragging on the wedges, but I don't care what they look like in the bag, only what they look like at address, feel like, and performance.

Yeah especially with the sale of the company. Still surprised we haven't heard more about that.

On a side note I've heard some really good things about the new Bridgestone drivers. Some testing happened a few weeks ago and the numbers were very impressive. I wasn't the one who hit them but they are definitely on my radar to try. I know they aren't popular around here but bstone ball and irons are money maybe they finally are creating a good woods line. The JDM line looks filthy as well if anyone wants to look.

Edel PROTO

Yeah especially with the sale of the company. Still surprised we haven't heard more about that.

On a side note I've heard some really good things about the new Bridgestone drivers. Some testing happened a few weeks ago and the numbers were very impressive. I wasn't the one who hit them but they are definitely on my radar to try. I know they aren't popular around here but bstone ball and irons are money maybe they finally are creating a good woods line. The JDM line looks filthy as well if anyone wants to look.

Full bag.. mystery brand. Yes.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

For anyone interested in what Bstone driver I'm referring to the New Type B series. Various models within the series but I heard it produced some sick numbers from hotlist testing. I played the J40 irons for a bit and loved them it's good to see Bstone stepping up in the woods department.

Edel PROTO

I played the XV for a while back in 2012-2013. I don't swing nearly as fast as you, but even for me it was great on all full shots. Seemed longer than just about anything off the driver, and there was no lack of stopping power with the irons. Once I got near the green though, it just never spun enough for me. If I was playing soft and/or slow greens, I could get away with it. Once there was any combination of firm and fast, I didn't feel like I could control the ball around the greens.

I played the XV for a while back in 2012-2013. I don't swing nearly as fast as you, but even for me it was great on all full shots. Seemed longer than just about anything off the driver, and there was no lack of stopping power with the irons. Once I got near the green though, it just never spun enough for me. If I was playing soft and/or slow greens, I could get away with it. Once there was any combination of firm and fast, I didn't feel like I could control the ball around the greens.

Yeah that might be the only weakness. You ever try the standard zstar?

a28226c0fb5533a51b3d10edb2b9d903.jpg

Also here's a good pic of the new bstones. I think I posted this here somewhere but I'm too lazy to search. Look stellar

Edel PROTO

Those remind me of the older Tourstage drivers. B-Stone took probably the best looking line of clubs available on any continent and tried to incorporate it into their own line but added a bunch of weird concept technology and gimmicky looking paint. I assume the crown on these is normal? Their irons have always looked good, the wedges need to get cleaned up like the woods.

Those remind me of the older Tourstage drivers. B-Stone took probably the best looking line of clubs available on any continent and tried to incorporate it into their own line but added a bunch of weird concept technology and gimmicky looking paint. I assume the crown on these is normal? Their irons have always looked good, the wedges need to get cleaned up like the woods.

Yeah the previous driver line was absolutely terrible. The red and black with graphics was impossible to look at I don't know how Kuchar did it. I'm not sure about the crown on these, I pray they are just a nice gloss black with the "B" as the alignment aid. That might be asking too much.

Edel PROTO

I never ended up trying the regular zstar. I had been playing the V1X before the zstar xv, and I think the lacking short game performance scarred me. It made me swing back to using the regular V1 for a while, before settling back on the V1X again. The premium for V1s isn't that bad on the spring buy 3 get 1 deal, so I haven't really bothered to test other golf balls out since dropping the zstar xv.

For anyone interested in what Bstone driver I'm referring to the New Type B series. Various models within the series but I heard it produced some sick numbers from hotlist testing. I played the J40 irons for a bit and loved them it's good to see Bstone stepping up in the woods department.

I have a set of irons that ALWAYS stay with me through wings and slots, a set of Tourstage Xblades. Essentially they are high end B-stones. Very underestimated brand here in the US. The new JDM model iron looks very close to the ones I have and I have been tempted to try them. If I get a chance, I'll try the driver. I wonder who will even stock them though?

The first versions of the XV were very firm and didn't have much spin green-side. I think they recognized that and added the SpinSkin (4 years ago?) that has helped on those shots.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I have a set of irons that ALWAYS stay with me through wings and slots, a set of Tourstage Xblades. Essentially they are high end B-stones. Very underestimated brand here in the US. The new JDM model iron looks very close to the ones I have and I have been tempted to try them. If I get a chance, I'll try the driver. I wonder who will even stock them though?

TourStage has some nice stuff as for stocking Bstone not sure. Pga Superstore I'm sure will. JDM stuff you can use Tourspec.

Edel PROTO

there are some great video's on youtube with the TOUR B drivers.

the tour b irons look amazing as well...forgot about those.

I'm not sure if I'm going to the PGA Show this year but if I do these are on my list of drivers to try. I'll have to check those vids I haven't seen them yet.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM