Amazon Deals - Official Thread

MikeMurrant

[quote name='LObin' timestamp='1428085354' post='11277165']
Ben Sharpe, TMAG CEO calls Adams Golf GM:
"Hi.... Eeehh.... Adams guy, How you doing?"
"I'm good sir"
"Listen... How much of the Azur line are you projecting to sale in the next trimester?"
"Blue line sir. To be honnest, not much. It's 10x crappier than anything we made before you bought us out."
"Well, the thing is that last simester was not good. The jetspeed recall hurt us. We have 7 new drivers yet to be released. Callaway's 360* cup face is so hot it makes our RSI irons look like little girls clubs. Not even Poulter would want to buy a set... Don't you go and repeat that!"
"Ok. And how is that MY problem sir?"
"I was thinking, do you guys still have some old Adams stuff laying around we could sell to get some money coming in?"
"I may have 500 sets of CMB's irons at the factory..."
"Oh yeah, those were good! Everyone else started using thungsten inserts after that. Can you sell them fast?"
"Depends what fast means. I can list them on eBay but it's been dead since those guys at GolfWRX started a Classifieds."
"Just call Barry at Amazon. He'll hook you up. Have him list them for $259. They'll go fast."
"WHAT!!! $259!?!? That's ridiculous. These are just as good as anything out there!"
"Well that's the whole point. At $500 people are going to stop buying the RSI's and buy the CMB's instead. We sure don't want that! You know what... Tell Barry to list them for $209. It'll create such a buzz on WRX, it might just slow down their Classifieds for a few days."
"But sir..."
"Nice talk... eeehhh.. Adam's guy. Go on now and please try to sell some of those Azur drivers."
"It's the Blue driver sir. Sir...? Sir...? Hello...?"
[/quote]

Funny stuff - liked!

[quote name='Arpeggi' timestamp='1428086532' post='11277299']
[quote name='LObin' timestamp='1428085354' post='11277165']
Ben Sharpe, TMAG CEO calls Adams Golf GM:
"Hi.... Eeehh.... Adams guy, How you doing?"
"I'm good sir"
"Listen... How much of the Azur line are you projecting to sale in the next trimester?"
"Blue line sir. To be honnest, not much. It's 10x crappier than anything we made before you bought us out."
"Well, the thing is that last simester was not good. The jetspeed recall hurt us. We have 7 new drivers yet to be released. Callaway's 360* cup face is so hot it makes our RSI irons look like little girls clubs. Not even Poulter would want to buy a set... Don't you go and repeat that!"
"Ok. And how is that MY problem sir?"
"I was thinking, do you guys still have some old Adams stuff laying around we could sell to get some money coming in?"
"I may have 500 sets of CMB's irons at the factory..."
"Oh yeah, those were good! Everyone else started using thungsten inserts after that. Can you sell them fast?"
"Depends what fast means. I can list them on eBay but it's been dead since those guys at GolfWRX started a Classifieds."
"Just call Barry at Amazon. He'll hook you up. Have him list them for $259. They'll go fast."
"WHAT!!! $259!?!? That's ridiculous. These are just as good as anything out there!"
"Well that's the whole point. At $500 people are going to stop buying the RSI's and buy the CMB's instead. We sure don't want that! You know what... Tell Barry to list them for $209. It'll create such a buzz on WRX, it might just slow down their Classifieds for a few days."
"But sir..."
"Nice talk... eeehhh.. Adam's guy. Go on now and please try to sell some of those Azur drivers."
"It's the Blue driver sir. Sir...? Sir...? Hello...?"
[/quote]

Good effort but there's absolutely nothing funny or clever about this post. Good try though.
[/quote]

Yeah LObin....how dare you make arpeggi read that entire post and make him determine that it is neither funny nor clever! It lacked so much humor and cleverness that he had to tell you about it! Total Disgust!

I am not sure what this means for the sets from Amazon, but the little price match deal they did for me with the 3rd party (Quick Shop Golf), just got cancelled by the 3rd party...

Message below:

1 of AdamsGolfIdeaCMBIronSet4-GWRHStiff [ASIN: B0088RJ63Y]

------------- Begin message -------------

Hello, there is a problem with your order. We have accidentally over-listed this item, and a few too many sold. We do not have the irons in stock right now. We will not be receiving any more of this particular item anytime soon. We can issue you a complete refund for the irons and send you a complimentary sleeve of Bridgestone B330-s golf balls for the inconvenience, or ship you something that we have similiarly priced on Amazon. We are very sorry about the mistake. Please let us know what you would like to do.

A sleeve of B330-s...LMAO.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I still have an order in for the set through Amazon for $209, so not sure if the other place could not get more because Amazon grabbed all the stock, or if this whole thing is just a phasad.

Oh well, either way, they overlooked something and I came out pretty good even if the irons don't ship.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Phasad...LMAO....check out this Kevin Hart video

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12124427

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

[quote name='Warrick' timestamp='1428101034' post='11278787']I am not sure what this means for the sets from Amazon, but the little price match deal they did for me with the 3rd party (Quick Shop Golf), just got cancelled by the 3rd party...

Message below:

Hello, there is a problem with your order. We have accidentally over-listed this item, and a few too many sold. We do not have the irons in stock right now. We will not be receiving any more of this particular item anytime soon. We can issue you a complete refund for the irons and send you a complimentary sleeve of Bridgestone B330-s golf balls for the inconvenience, or ship you something that we have similiarly priced on Amazon. We are very sorry about the mistake. Please let us know what you would like to do.

A sleeve of B330-s...LMAO.[/quote]

So they are giving you something for nothing and offering a full refund? Doesn't sound too bad.

Make sure you let Amazon know they should reverse that credit they gave you. Not sure how they'd handle that since payments go through Amazon. Did the credit show up on your Amazon order page or just to your CC?

I've got you guys covered in case the Adams CMB deal falls through...They also have the same setup as the Amazon deal on "clearance" for $699.
I hope whoever ends up buying these does not own a computer with Internet access.
I hit them, didn't love them cancelled my ordered and proceeded to buy a set I don't need on BST minutes later. In my mind I saved $40 somehow. [attachment=2693663:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1428113014.442009.jpg]

[quote name='demand' timestamp='1428113072' post='11279885']
I've got you guys covered in case the Adams CMB deal falls through...They also have the same setup as the Amazon deal on "clearance" for $699.
I hope whoever ends up buying these does not own a computer with Internet access.
I hit them, didn't love them cancelled my ordered and proceeded to buy a set I don't need on BST minutes later. In my mind I saved $40 somehow. [attachment=2693663:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1428113014.442009.jpg]
[/quote]

[color=#282828]^ That's crazy - resale value is around $340![/color]

Handicap:  3

I'm likely going to canx my order.
A I don't need them
B a quick look at eBay shows great condition sets sold for @245
C not 100% well even get them

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='Russ757' timestamp='1428125950' post='11280877']
I'm likely going to canx my order.
A I don't need them
B a quick look at eBay shows great condition sets sold for @245
C not 100% well even get them
[/quote]

I thought about getting them then did the same thing looking at ebay and decided it wasn't worth it. Granted, I have a New Cleveland Classic Custom XL and TEE hybrid sitting in my living room from not being this rational, but this one time I was able to hold off. Anyone want a new Cleveland driver or new TEE hybrid? :)

Anyway, congrats on being able to control yourself! It doesn't happen to often...

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

[quote name='wundej' timestamp='1428109512' post='11279583']
[quote name='Warrick' timestamp='1428101034' post='11278787']I am not sure what this means for the sets from Amazon, but the little price match deal they did for me with the 3rd party (Quick Shop Golf), just got cancelled by the 3rd party...

Message below:

So they are giving you something for nothing and offering a full refund? Doesn't sound too bad.

Make sure you let Amazon know they should reverse that credit they gave you. Not sure how they'd handle that since payments go through Amazon. Did the credit show up on your Amazon order page or just to your CC?
[/quote]

They charged me and created a shipping label for something they did not even have in stcok, that is no way to do business. Amazon will not charge me unless they actually ship, which is what my expectations are buying on their site.

Something for nothing? That is nothing to me, do not, will not play those balls, so it is NOTHING. As for offering a full refund, they owe it to me, WTH? Wow, awesome, you gave me my money back, after taking it for no reason.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Ihfn, Ya I've been around the block and getting to the point unless I need something, I try really hard to refrain. Esp when signs point to a loss if they dont work out..

If you needed a set, and it goes through (& since it's Amazon it very likely will) it was DEFINITELY a deal.

The deal catcher deserves some thumbs up guys

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

For you Cleveland fans....

Cleveland Golf 18* stiff 2015 Black Fairway... 64.67 ( only 4 in stock )

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Golf-Fairway-Graphite-18-Degree/dp/B00NN7FKA2/ref=sr_1_27?s=golf&ie=UTF8&qid=1428150735&sr=1-27"]http://www.amazon.com/Cleveland-Golf-Fairway-Graphite-18-Degree/dp/B00NN7FKA2/ref=sr_1_27?s=golf&ie=UTF8&qid=1428150735&sr=1-27[/url]

[quote name='IheartNY' timestamp='1428132307' post='11281129']
Fourteen Golf Forged Iron Set FH1000, $673.66. 11 left in stock, if we all resist the purchase for a few days, maybe Amazon will lower the price down to what it was at Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Fourteen-Golf-FH-1000-3-PW-DG/dp/B00ILH07RA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428132083&sr=8-1&keywords=fourteen+fh1000
[/quote]

That's the only deal in this thread I regret not jumping on

Could not resist the CMB's, hopefully this deal does not fall through. After using my reward points which I did not know I had my final cost was $104.95. Currently playing the CMB's.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

[quote name='Warrick' timestamp='1428143217' post='11281293'][quote name='wundej' timestamp='1428109512' post='11279583']

Message below:

[/quote]

They charged me and created a shipping label for something they did not even have in stcok, that is no way to do business. Amazon will not charge me unless they actually ship, which is what my expectations are buying on their site.

Something for nothing? That is nothing to me, do not, will not play those balls, so it is NOTHING. As for offering a full refund, they owe it to me, WTH? Wow, awesome, you gave me my money back, after taking it for no reason.[/quote]

Correct. They shouldn't charge you before shipping, but A LOT of smaller retailers do that. They owned up to the mistake (inventory systems aren't perfect, and even Amazon's best in class fulfillment system has issues at times) and offered something for free, even if you don't want the balls you could donate them to the First Tee. They also offered to allow you to pick something of similar value. Get a glove or something you'll use.

It is very clear that many of these deals are YMMV and you have to be ready to be disappointed as so many were with the kbs shaft sets.

You get something for them holding your money for a day or so, and anyway, it wasn't even long enough for it to post to a statement so it wasn't even like you had to pay a CC bill in the meantime.

Most places would just refund the money and leave it at that.

[quote name='wundej' timestamp='1428178643' post='11283713']
[quote name='Warrick' timestamp='1428143217' post='11281293'][quote name='wundej' timestamp='1428109512' post='11279583']

Message below:

[/quote]

Something for nothing? That is nothing to me, do not, will not play those balls, so it is NOTHING. As for offering a full refund, they owe it to me, WTH? Wow, awesome, you gave me my money back, after taking it for no reason.[/quote]

Correct. They shouldn't charge you before shipping, but A LOT of smaller retailers do that. They owned up to the mistake (inventory systems aren't perfect, and even Amazon's best in class fulfillment system has issues at times) and offered something for free, even if you don't want the balls you could donate them to the First Tee. They also offered to allow you to pick something of similar value. Get a glove or something you'll use.

It is very clear that many of these deals are YMMV and you have to be ready to be disappointed as so many were with the kbs shaft sets.

You get something for them holding your money for a day or so, and anyway, it wasn't even long enough for it to post to a statement so it wasn't even like you had to pay a CC bill in the meantime.

Most places would just refund the money and leave it at that.
[/quote]

Agreed, Amazon (or at least all the CSRs I chatted, called, and emailed with) did nothing about those KBS shafts apart from keep trying to fulfill something that couldn't be fulfilled, and then charged me a restocking fee I had to complain about when I returned the individual shaft they sent.

On eBay I had a Best Offer accepted by 2ndSwing for a set of S55s. Week goes by and they don't ship. Emailed them, nothing. Called them multiple times nothing. Emailed again, and - oh hey ya we kinda sold those already, not sure how they got relisted and how we went ahead and accepted your offer, here have your money back.

Those are just two recent ones I can remember. Getting anything from a volume seller for the hassle is actually quite nice :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I am curious if we can possibly get a solid update now. They are no longer available at the $209, only one supplier left, and they are listed at $999.

The deal is over, now, will we get them...?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Well, I was just on with a rep and asked about em since the Amazon listing was pulled.

He said the orders through Amazon.com will be filled and will be shipping soon, and said he can confirm it.

I have no idea what it means, but stay tuned for a shipping/cancellation e-mail fairly soon.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

[quote name='Schnee' timestamp='1428153988' post='11281805']
[quote name='IheartNY' timestamp='1428132307' post='11281129']
Fourteen Golf Forged Iron Set FH1000, $673.66. 11 left in stock, if we all resist the purchase for a few days, maybe Amazon will lower the price down to what it was at Christmas.

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Fourteen-Golf-FH-1000-3-PW-DG/dp/B00ILH07RA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428132083&sr=8-1&keywords=fourteen+fh1000"]http://www.amazon.co...fourteen fh1000[/url]
[/quote]

That's the only deal in this thread I regret not jumping on
[/quote]

Stay tuned, the price on Fourteen FH1000 has been lowered from $673.66 to currently 655.63.
What's the correlation between Amazon's price and items in stock? 2nd or 3rd to last item in Amazon's stock is Amazon's lowest price?