Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @SuperBombin said:

> What do you think is the best blades from 2010-2016 time frame?

Those RAZR X MB's were no joke. That's my vote for generic of the shelf blades. I think in part they were successful because Callaway packs a decent amount of bounce in their blades. And let's face it; bounce caters to the majority of golfers.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Among the guys I play with I’m seen as a total club nerd. Pfft... I read these posts and feel like I’m a guy buying a starter set at Walmart. “Look they have graphite shafts, a bag and a putter. All included.”

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Kingcat, those royal collections are cool looking...endo? I take it the other set is the box blade? I lost a bid on that set many moons ago, it would be neat to have them.

2010-2016 is obviously the small blades, DUH ?.......so much good nowadays I don't think it even matters much. Don't sleep on the mp4s tho, that is a really awesome club that can be had cheaply. You could throw a dart though and hit a good set.

I am getting more and more excited about the onoffs I got as I think they are going to be really quite good, like better than fine enough....

> @wmblake2000 said:

> Among the guys I play with I’m seen as a total club nerd. Pfft... I read these posts and feel like I’m a guy buying a starter set at Walmart. “Look they have graphite shafts, a bag and a putter. All included.”

It's very easy to be out of your element in a place like this. I'm also seen as a the total club nerd, to the point that friends ask me about stuff all the time. Then I come here and see stuff I didn't even know existed.

It's probably better I don't delve into the world of less well known sticks, or JDM, though. My wife is already less than enthusiastic about my club collection. Growing it by several magnitudes wouldn't be received too well. LOL

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Kingcat990 said:

> > @SuperBombin said:

> > What do you think is the best blades from 2010-2016 time frame?

>

> Those RAZR X MB's were no joke. That's my vote for generic of the shelf blades. I think in part they were successful because Callaway packs a decent amount of bounce in their blades. And let's face it; bounce caters to the majority of golfers.

If I was looking in that vintage, BB's, Wilson FG series, MP-4. and even Cobra's. Bridgestone J15's are beauties, the VR Pro gets lots of praise but finding those in great condition is somewhat hard. Of the Callaway I really like the Apex MB, the one with the inverted "T muscle".

> @Bigmean said:

> Kingcat, those royal collections are cool looking...endo? I take it the other set is the box blade? I lost a bid on that set many moons ago, it would be neat to have them.

>

> 2010-2016 is obviously the small blades, DUH ?.......so much good nowadays I don't think it even matters much. Don't sleep on the mp4s tho, that is a really awesome club that can be had cheaply. You could throw a dart though and hit a good set.

>

> I am getting more and more excited about the onoffs I got as I think they are going to be really quite good, like better than fine enough....

I have a set of Royal Collection cb (courtesy of kingcat!) and the are without question the best feeling cb’s I ever hit. Have no idea where they were forged but they are great feeling.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Bigmean said:

> Kingcat, those royal collections are cool looking...endo? I take it the other set is the box blade? I lost a bid on that set many moons ago, it would be neat to have them.

>

> 2010-2016 is obviously the small blades, DUH ?.......so much good nowadays I don't think it even matters much. Don't sleep on the mp4s tho, that is a really awesome club that can be had cheaply. You could throw a dart though and hit a good set.

>

> I am getting more and more excited about the onoffs I got as I think they are going to be really quite good, like better than fine enough....

I don't think they are endo. I have it on good authority that none of the RC stuff is endo. In fact, I had heard from a reliable source that RC is a syndicate of the old Nickent engineers or along those lines. I've had a few RC stuff; zero complaints. Top notch quality. Those square toes are Daiwa Advisor DG-8201 blades. NRJ and Catchy actuslly gave me a nice little history lesson on Daiwa. Interesting history. They are similarly priced. Daiwas are 2-P and the RC's are 3-S. Like them both.

Speaking of Daiwa; you going to post some photos of these OnOffs you got coming?

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > Kingcat, those royal collections are cool looking...endo? I take it the other set is the box blade? I lost a bid on that set many moons ago, it would be neat to have them.

> >

> > 2010-2016 is obviously the small blades, DUH ?.......so much good nowadays I don't think it even matters much. Don't sleep on the mp4s tho, that is a really awesome club that can be had cheaply. You could throw a dart though and hit a good set.

> >

> > I am getting more and more excited about the onoffs I got as I think they are going to be really quite good, like better than fine enough....

>

> I have a set of Royal Collection cb (courtesy of kingcat!) and the are without question the best feeling cb’s I ever hit. Have no idea where they were forged but they are great feeling.

>

>

Man. Those really are a dark horse in regards to CB's. I pondered buying another set of BBD V7's to have a CB around.

> @SuperBombin said:

> What do you think is the best blades from 2010-2016 time frame?

VR Pros.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

nbflbn7md6st.png

Last time I have see them in over 3 weeks... plater says next week, and all my Japan auctions have been in for like 4 days except one item that has taken forever, when that comes I can have those sent over...and get this set going!

I am trying to figure out ferrules, any good sources for off the wall ones? A ton on Ali baba, but I really don’t want 100 whack ferrules

10am tee time???? You couldn't pay me to be anywhere but my couch tomorrow at 10!

Kingcat, I am going to lookup thatswller, thx! here are the shafts I am putting in them. I really like the recoils, so I figured same company, higher end offering should be solid enough? I had to buy 3 from this seller which hurt since the set I got used was 6-pw....6-pw is the new 5-pw in Japan I have noticed....

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/teeolive/item/ishustati10/

> I hear you man. I hear you. My wife is semi-supportive of this habit I have. I haven't purchased a set of clubs in awhile for a project, but I have these 2 on my radar I've had my eyes on for weeks. She used to help me decide, now she just rolls her eyes. I fear my supportive spouse may be my new pit viper. Always wanted a real boxy toed set of irons, was dead set on making those into a project until I came across the other set.

> 6n3ojryffb0b.jpg

> 14gz7vef4kos.jpg

>

>

>

What are those old square things?

Nevermind - I read above DG-8201- I knew they looked familiar. I've got a set of those unshafted... What shafts? Let me know how they hit when you get a chance too!

> @Bigmean said:

> 10am tee time???? You couldn't pay me to be anywhere but my couch tomorrow at 10!

>

>

> Kingcat, I am going to lookup thatswller, thx! here are the shafts I am putting in them. I really like the recoils, so I figured same company, higher end offering should be solid enough? I had to buy 3 from this seller which hurt since the set I got used was 6-pw....6-pw is the new 5-pw in Japan I have noticed....

>

> https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/teeolive/item/ishustati10/

I know, I know. I’m only playing 9–I’m going to record the masters and watch it a little delayed.

Forgiven....I know it isn’t popular anymore but I am a huge tiger fan...so stoked...I just hope he brings his Sunday mental edge and clutch shots when they are needed. From there it can fall where it does. Kinda feel like old tiger gets one more birdie on 17/18 but not much not old tiger yesterday.....so that is exciting.

In more exciting news, that last item was received and I sent the shipping order this morning so hopefully it all goes out tomorrow. I have definitely got ferrules from that dude kingcat, I am going more tacky asian status looking (think holographic strips) or plain black and clean I think. I just can’t figure out with those champagne colored attas shafts, and eventually oxidized copper heads, If I should do white or black grips? I can see white grips and ferrules looking dope, but.....who knows...

• Like 1

FWIW Biggie, I'm also a bit of a Tiger fan, and would love to see him win today. My wife is more of a Tiger fan than I am.

You could go obnoxious like I did with my graphite shafted Rams, matching grip color with ferrules color. I went white for both, looks stark with the green NV iron shafts. Could go full ferrule color or just trim rings. Lot of options.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Bigmean said:

> Also, as someone who has struggled so much with driver, I was watching the shot tracer on finau yesterday in amazement....he and brooks just demolish it so straight and with such perfect trajectory it is just fun to watch.

Unreal drivers of the ball. Big strong boys who really go thru impact with confidence and abandon. Watching Koepka drive the ball is like watching a train at full speed hit a bug.

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I went out this morning with the father in law and was able to tee off at 6:20. Blue bird conditions. I've been trying the PM wedges; can't get along with them. Don't know what it is about them, but I skull those more than any other wedge I've ever had. Finicky. I bet my wedge game cost me 8-9 strokes today. So the rest of the day will be changing oil on the bikes and looking around for a couple of wedges. Hopefully get some time to see Tiger win the Masters

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

>

> > I hear you man. I hear you. My wife is semi-supportive of this habit I have. I haven't purchased a set of clubs in awhile for a project, but I have these 2 on my radar I've had my eyes on for weeks. She used to help me decide, now she just rolls her eyes. I fear my supportive spouse may be my new pit viper. Always wanted a real boxy toed set of irons, was dead set on making those into a project until I came across the other set.

> > 6n3ojryffb0b.jpg

> > 14gz7vef4kos.jpg

> >

> >

> >

>

> What are those old square things?

>

>

> Nevermind - I read above DG-8201- I knew they looked familiar. I've got a set of those unshafted... What shafts? Let me know how they hit when you get a chance too!

>

>

I knew it! Upon my search for research, I knew I ran across some info from a friendly face who gamed these. I don't own this set. I'm on the fence. What do you think of them? How thin are these things?

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> What is the putter shaft that everyone seems to be pumping that is half graphite and steel looking?????

>

> Also......holy........not jinxing it........

Freaking awesome. :smiley:

Not going to lie, I didn’t think it was happening again, not in a hater way, in a real way.......I am sooooooo happy. Seeing him with Charlie, watching it with my son(telling him sorry my job is not as cool lol), being like yo that guy told you nice drive in a genuine way....you don’t even understand how cool that is. Just awesome. Major golf is one of the best things in sports and Tiger woods IS the best thing in major golf. Awesomeness

• Like 1

Is it too early for the “saw lots of blades on Sunday TV coverage” comments?????? ?

I am going in the garage to see how my R7 experiment goes. I feel like a kid watching all those trackman lines today and thinking somehow I am going to go out there and not have a predictably crooked and gross trajectory 265 and it will be like some flat rising TV line that goes 320 hahahahaha.

• Like 1

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @Bigmean said:

> > Also, as someone who has struggled so much with driver, I was watching the shot tracer on finau yesterday in amazement....he and brooks just demolish it so straight and with such perfect trajectory it is just fun to watch.

>

> Unreal drivers of the ball. Big strong boys who really go thru impact with confidence and abandon. Watching Koepka drive the ball is like watching a train at full speed hit a bug.

>

>

Koepka (IMO) has the best swing among the young guns but today it was not 100% .Lot of movement (overswing?) of club head at the top. I thought he was the one to stop Tiger, happy it did not come to pass.