Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @Bigmean said:

> I can’t believe that 12 was not some kind of bad wind/knowledge/atmosphere something????? How do 4/6 come up that short? There is to be bad “common” knowledge there no?

All three no? Spieth, Norman & Forseman plus others lost title going after that pin position. It's seductive to go after it but takes perfection to nail green on that line. Crazy great hole.

Just finished watching - the joy of DVR - didn't have to start at 6 AM... I don't even know how to respond. The Masters is the best of all of pro golf. Only 7-game World Series matches it for me. And the good news is, the PGA is just a month away. I went last year (my niece lived there, got tickets, but has now moved.) Monte (from instruction area, my teacher) is there this year. I was telling him, makes me want to figure out how to get PGA certified, just to get in (show badge, in you go!).

From the depths - public shaming, chipping yips, DUI pics, serious back issues that made him think he was thru with golf - to people shouting "Tiger Tiger Tiger...." after winning. That is unbelievable.

I hope this doesn't hurt Molinari's mojo. Love seeing the guy play. And eager to see Finau break thru. It stuck me, as Molinari was leading, then Tiger finally winning. Length is great, but a great golf course rewards great ball striking, thinking and nerves of steel.

Eye surgery is almost healed. Man do I want to go play golf.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Yeah, I am itching to get in course and see how bad my short game is with the Hiatus and garage game taking up most of my practice and all....

Soooo despite a lot of bad shots, I think I may be on a new driver key...no mechanics, just try to draw the ball....simple and counter intuitive...like the same swing I make hitting an 8 iron at center of a green with a left pin and hopefully it turns. Now I avoid this like plague as the snap hook is cemented in my bag and the Most score devastating of all double crosses...however, I seem to not really be able to draw the ball when I try to consciously, and at best rope it, at worst not turn it over enough and lose it right but more of a straight fall right then my usual double cross line.

So watching golf wore off a little bit, I was feeling hyped and got into a few, hoping this new “thought” is not lighting in a bottle, but did get a few results...

dlqob7ef6xsy.png

That was the best of about 4 good drives, So it is in the bag someplace...numbers all look good on the good ones, it is just impossible to not be a head case when you stand on a tee and it is all on the table, like casting a die with every option on a side...snap hook, dead pull, pull with trailing hook, big push slice, push leak rights, and oh yeah mix these in often enough to keep you a complete head case....because that one felt just like the one that was 40 yds offline last hole.....?

That is super awesome made, enjoy!!!

I hit up the Honda this year on my way to a fishing tournament and was on course for like 4 hours (free tix) and was literally 3 ft behind rickie on green on a hole where where he made his birdie out and JT also birdied in the group. That was pretty cool experience. I hope you get to see some good action!!!!

vz77ryjjbnqf.jpeg

And I forgot that GOT premier is tonight....such an awesome day, I still can’t believe tiger pulled it off....and in reflection, he was in hunt last year, just had by far the most difficult win to prove to himself he can win in his life, and if his final surgery is all it like it looks to be, his body has to have 5 competitive years left with the next 2 being his beat chances to actual give the bear a run....I kinda hope that he ties jack. Jack doesn’t deserve to be dethroned, and tiger deserves to not have that over his head from being best, I think it would be cool if they finished tied, each once in a lifetime players that just came about one after the other. If tiger gets Snead’s record (very doable) that will never be threatened. I don’t think jacks will be threatened by anyone again either.

Ok, I promise, any more tiger gushing from me will be about blades he has used. One last tour comment....bigmean is on record that Xander shaffule wins a major in next 2 years. I love his game and attitude.

Yeah. I'm pumped to attend my 1st PGA event, never mind a major. Big motivation is to see Tiger. He's iconic. Like seeing Jordan coming back for a 7th. Plan on hanging around practice areas, watching how things really gets done.

I'm thrilled about state of game but add in Tiger story, wow, things are pretty special right now. Xander is real deal and there's a bunch of others too. Great time to be a fan of golf. I quit the game for almost 10 years, came back and probably more passionate about it since time after 86 Masters. These are the good ol days.

• Like 1

This has been a fairly good weekend for me, sports-wise. Liverpool beat Chelsea to retake first place in the Premier League, get to see Tiger win his 5th Masters, Twins take two from Tigers... And then I get the first episode of the final season of GoT as a non sports cherry on the sundae.

Good stuff

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> This has been a fairly good weekend for me, sports-wise. Liverpool beat Chelsea to retake first place in the Premier League, get to see Tiger win his 5th Masters, Twins take two from Tigers... And then I get the first episode of the final season of GoT as a non sports cherry on the sundae.

>

> Good stuff

I’m also a Liverpool fan!

Great result let’s hope we win the last 4 for the title, and congratulations Tiger!

Loved watching the final round

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Ditched the 718 AP2, going back to my trusty VR Pros. Shoulda just kept gaming those beauties. It's like i've never been away. The feel is something else, wow. I just hit them so well, and I can really work the ball, which I really can't with the AP2.

AP2 are super dead feeling to me whenever I hit it, also it goes left all the time.

I'm back in the blades world, and I'm never going to try the stupid switch to CB's ever again! >:)

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> They are beautiful, but kind of extreme with the sheer toe. I read another thread on these - and some dude said he played the best golf of his life with them. Daiwas were solid.

They look small. Real small. They scream project in my eyes. You wouldn't happen to know the loft of the PW would you? I want to guess 48° due to their age, but wouldn't be surprised to see 50° either.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

> @craz-e said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > This has been a fairly good weekend for me, sports-wise. Liverpool beat Chelsea to retake first place in the Premier League, get to see Tiger win his 5th Masters, Twins take two from Tigers... And then I get the first episode of the final season of GoT as a non sports cherry on the sundae.

> >

> > Good stuff

>

> I’m also a Liverpool fan!

> Great result let’s hope we win the last 4 for the title, and congratulations Tiger!

> Loved watching the final round

>

>

75% of the Earth is covered by water.

The other 25% is covered by Virgil van Dijk

:smiley:

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Bigmean said:

> nbflbn7md6st.png

> Last time I have see them in over 3 weeks... plater says next week, and all my Japan auctions have been in for like 4 days except one item that has taken forever, when that comes I can have those sent over...and get this set going!

>

> I am trying to figure out ferrules, any good sources for off the wall ones? A ton on Ali baba, but I really don’t want 100 whack ferrules

Not sure how off the wall you're trying to go, but I love everything Boyd Blade & Ferrule puts out. They're fantastic in every way in my opinion.

I ordered ferrules this weekend, like a grey carbon fiber look. I feel like grey is going to go best with the champagne shafts and oxidized copper....I am at a loss on grips tho big time. It is so hard to spend money on good grips for secondary sets.....tho, in recent garage rounds I have been notably hitting my small blades better than my current CB dejoir. Beginning of next month Herolds cheap greens fees for us Florida folk and I am going to game the cbs first and see what is what on grass with the elf shoes. I do really like the recoils tho, I am hoping the attas iron shafts are even better as they should technically be. The onoffs may also end up being a real gamer set, everything is there...just a slightly bigger small blade...

> @nzio said:

> Ditched the 718 AP2, going back to my trusty VR Pros. Shoulda just kept gaming those beauties. It's like i've never been away. The feel is something else, wow. I just hit them so well, and I can really work the ball, which I really can't with the AP2.

> AP2 are super dead feeling to me whenever I hit it, also it goes left all the time.

> I'm back in the blades world, and I'm never going to try the stupid switch to CB's ever again! >:)

AP2 is easy as all hell to work so I don't know about that but they are quite muted and easy to pull due to upright lie and offset. Thinking of grabbing a set of MB001 to try. Opinions on these?

I wasn’t blown away by them, but they are nice. I had them in a combo set with 501 and really disliked the set though so I am not a fair shake on it. I had shafts too stiff for me though in them, like boards, the worst, matrix program 130x....yuck. I am hoping this graphite go around is better... I am sure they feel fine, they look great and have nice soles. How are the tournament blades? I have never even seen a set in real life, Those may be able to be had a lot cheaper.

> @Bigmean said:

> I wasn’t blown away by them, but they are nice. I had them in a combo set with 501 and really disliked the set though so I am not a fair shake on it. I had shafts too stiff for me though in them, like boards, the worst, matrix program 130x....yuck. I am hoping this graphite go around is better... I am sure they feel fine, they look great and have nice soles. How are the tournament blades? I have never even seen a set in real life, Those may be able to be had a lot cheaper.

I've heard bad things about the 501 in general. Seems as though it was the poorest offering from Miura. The sole grind is appealing as I love the preworn sole on the Titleist players line. Also might try a combo set of CB/MB.

Can't believe I missed all of this year's Masters. I recorded the final round, and was watching some of it last night, but I'd have loved to have been able to watch it live on TV. Some cracking iron shots from Tiger. I honestly didn't expect he'd win another major, but he knows better than anyone how to get around Augusta.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> > @nzio said:

> > Ditched the 718 AP2, going back to my trusty VR Pros. Shoulda just kept gaming those beauties. It's like i've never been away. The feel is something else, wow. I just hit them so well, and I can really work the ball, which I really can't with the AP2.

> > AP2 are super dead feeling to me whenever I hit it, also it goes left all the time.

> > I'm back in the blades world, and I'm never going to try the stupid switch to CB's ever again! >:)

>

> AP2 is easy as all **** to work so I don't know about that but they are quite muted and easy to pull due to upright lie and offset. Thinking of grabbing a set of MB001 to try. Opinions on these?

Oh okay - yeah it's 100% the player :) mayb it's the +0,5 length (automatic more upright) +1 more upright in lie and the offset that's pulling me off, having zero confidence over the ball.

To the MB001 - you can't really go wrong with these. If you like the look of them def. go for them. The feel is not baby blades, but not much beat baby blades in feel :)

08a8a30rmc20.jpeg

![](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/dy/ssqqax

dcoyc.jpeg "")

p2q6xnuiu9wp.jpeg

Holy F$&k....these look ? ? ?.....

If I thought I could laquer all but the grooves and somehow it would stay as they look now I would.....they are stunning in real life, like deep copper to champagne light depending......

Dude was a golfer, he was like “what are these?” I said some weird Japanese club, I know you are wondering why I put so much money into them, I don’t know either....he laughed.

• Like 2

Some reasonably attractive stuff there, Biggie

y2kzhqqphary.jpeg

hbudmfngem6.png

4xdmly8ffglt.png

Ok, no more pics until assembled...I am really hoping that...

A. I didn’t screw up by making the 3,4,5 shafts 10g lighter (the set I got was 100g 6-pw and I had to buy 3-5 on rakuten and thought 90g would be like same concept as the progressive SW I liked in My Vegas from 2-4.5 so in reality 5 is most used to have an effect and if it is that bad I can swap later I guess for that one.

B. That these attas shafts are recoil or better (I mean they should be by all accounts ?).

I have always liked this set, I have watched them since I started japan hoing and to think I would get them in America for net sub $200 is nuts. Seeing how they are physically almost identical to the small blades except for hiding their extra size well (note can barely see the ball over the 5 above in pic from behind).

I am really excited about this build. I am just hoping the shafts are as lively as the recoils...they have lower torque, but with profiles there is so much more than that. I am trying to figure out grips now....

> @Kingcat990 said:

> X in graphite is touch and go. I've tried. Every project has pissed me off because their price is high and the results are underwhelming.

Yes.....I only tried once before and it was that program 130 set....underwhelming sums up perfectly, I luckily sold heads and shafts for within $100 of what I paid....those were X but graphite is a scary endevour.

I am Pretty invested in this current experiment. I know for a fact the roddio i10 are fantastic. I have zero cares about the graphite design other than maybe I will use mp 14s more if they are in a more fun package and the cost was cheap cheap(net $120 from DGs after sale), but the attas I am in more than I want to be in for because the recoil prototype 110s are so awesome to me I felt confident in UST Mamiya here.

I think the only way I take the nippons out of small blades is if the onoff set is something I could game with no regrets. If I don’t like feel/action, I will probably put the roddio in those, sell the attas and leave the bb be....

• Like 1

> @NRJyzr said:

> Some reasonably attractive stuff there, Biggie

Yeah, I mean, they're _OK_, if you're in to that sort of thing. Which no one here is. I think I speak for everyone when I say that personally they would look much better with a speed-slot in the back filled with neon-lime green polymer.

Right, guys?

Guys?

:'(

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> I have always liked this set, I have watched them since I started japan hoing and to think I would get them in America for net sub $200 is nuts. Seeing how they are physically almost identical to the small blades except for hiding their extra size well (note can barely see the ball over the 5 above in pic from behind).

I see what you mean about the similarity to the small blades. What sort of difference is there in the heel to toe length?

What a day that was. I was up before 4:00am on Sunday, watched moving day and went to teach a few Sunday English lessons. Then, got home, made dinner and stayed up to watch the final round - Think the action got underway at 10:00pm or so. Almost faded out at one point - after the back to back bogeys, but the birdie at seven and a stiff cup of coffee got me back in the game. Back nine, the wife was up - Maybe around 2:00am. I got in a few hours sleep, went to the > @Kingcat990 said:

> > @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > They are beautiful, but kind of extreme with the sheer toe. I read another thread on these - and some dude said he played the best golf of his life with them. Daiwas were solid.

>

> They look small. Real small. They scream project in my eyes. You wouldn't happen to know the loft of the PW would you? I want to guess 48° due to their age, but wouldn't be surprised to see 50° either.

I have to have a look - I'll shoot you some comparison photos too. They probably aren't 46'

• Like 1