2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's really gotten lost in all this?

The rampant and disgusting dingo stereotyping that people just seem to think is OK. You pack of anti-dingoites!

Next thing you'll all be saying they should be segregated and have their own schools:

sitelogo.png

For shame people. For shame.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1421903623' post='10795673']
[quote name='eightiron' timestamp='1421903255' post='10795659']
first his story timeline changes and gets it backwards and the the next story 2 hours becomes 10 mins later and even knows how allenbys face got hammered

[indent=1]
[size=4][b]"I was like, 'Hey brother, you got to wake up because the sidewalk sweepers are going to come. You don't want to get swept up,'" said Kaili. "So it took him about nine minutes before he got to his senses and when I got him up his feet, I said 'Okay. Check if you got everything on you.' And that's when he noticed, like, 'I don't got my phone or my wallet.'"[/b][/size][/indent]

[size=4][b]According to Kaili, he and his friend Chris assisted Allenby in looking for his phone and wallet. Kaili says Allenby had no facial wound at the time and was becoming agitated and angry, so Kaili left. Chris supposedly stayed behind to help Allenby into a cab, but that didn't go swimmingly: [/b][/size]

[indent=1]
[size=1][size=4][b]Ten minutes later, Kaili decided to return to the intersection and noticed Allenby's face was bloody. "I was like, 'Chris, what the hell happened?' And he was like, 'Oh, my God. While I was trying to wave cabs down, he was nodding out, then he passed out, fell face first and slammed in a rock.[/b][/size]'[/size][/indent]
[/quote]

You should put your investigative skills to work figuring out which baby ate that dingo in Newfoundland.
[/quote][quote name='ericld' timestamp='1421904586' post='10795735']
[/quote]LMAO, oh Good Lord, I pass out and I'd just read the story and I was like "wow, I'm a real jerk for laughin at Arafel's post"

I just wake up and it's like, "Boy, I'm not such a jerk," LMAO

Ok, I'm goin back to bed-

Stay Well My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='christopherscott2.0' timestamp='1421915681' post='10796069']
It's probably been covered before but if he still had his rolex, it wasn't a mugging.
[/quote]
I've been drunk before and know plenty of guys who have been, and waking up without your wallet and phone, and with no recollection of the preceeding hours, is far from unheard of. I agree that no self respecting mugger would overlook a rolex when working someone over. A rolex woild be the first thing that attracted their attention.

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2920738/Police-haven-t-considered-kidnapping-bizarre-Robert-Allenby-case-don-t-believe-wounds-caused-assault-footage-emerges-man-using-credit-card-10k-spending-spree.html"]http://www.dailymail...ding-spree.html[/url]

[size=3][color=#000000]"'The one thing police are certain of is that somebody was using his credit cards and wasn't authorised to do so. That's why they're pursuing that credit card case,' Mr Kerr said.[/color]
[color=#000000]He also said authorities did not believe Allenby's wounds were consistent with an assault, and that it looked like a scrape suffered from a fall. "[/color]

[color=#000000]"They are believed to be already in possession of vision which shows Allenby leaving the Amuse Wine Bar at about 11pm on the Friday, with two, as yet unidentified men, and a woman. And more CCTV footage of two men buying alcohol, apparently with the golfer's credit card, has been taken from a store at Waikiki. "[/color][/size]

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1421922407' post='10796171']
[size=3][color=#000000]"They are believed to be already in possession of vision which shows Allenby leaving the Amuse Wine Bar at about 11pm on the Friday, with two, as yet unidentified men, and a woman. And more CCTV footage of two men buying alcohol, apparently with the golfer's credit card, has been taken from a store at Waikiki. "[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Dude, that is STRAIGHT out of the movie Taken. Guys kidnap the girl, take her credit card and buy some booze while they leave her to pass out on the street. Liam Neeson gets totally pissed and flies to France to find his daughter took a cab back to her hotel with scrapes on her face from passing out. Then Liam finds the pigs who stole the credit cards and punches them in the throat.

Allenby was right. It is like Taken.

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1421907969' post='10795887']
[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1421907251' post='10795855']
We would have to find out how many babies are missing to get an idea.
[/quote]

Appently in Canada the babies eat the dingos....so that might not work.
[/quote]

Actually the seals eat the dingos

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1421929457' post='10796317']
[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1421922407' post='10796171']
[size=3][color=#000000]"They are believed to be already in possession of vision which shows Allenby leaving the Amuse Wine Bar at about 11pm on the Friday, with two, as yet unidentified men, and a woman. And more CCTV footage of two men buying alcohol, apparently with the golfer's credit card, has been taken from a store at Waikiki. "[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Dude, that is STRAIGHT out of the movie Taken. Guys kidnap the girl, take her credit card and buy some booze while they leave her to pass out on the street. Liam Neeson gets totally pissed and flies to France to find his daughter took a cab back to her hotel with scrapes on her face from passing out. Then Liam finds the pigs who stole the credit cards and punches them in the throat.

Allenby was right. It is like Taken.
[/quote]
Good avatar.

They just interviewed a witness on TGC that stated he found Allenby laying face down on a sidewalk and it took several minutes to wake him up. The witness stated that he did not see any injuries to Allenby's face at that time.

Hmm.....the plot thickens.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1421935434' post='10796685']
They just interviewed a witness on TGC that stated he found Allenby laying face down on a sidewalk and it took several minutes to wake him up. The witness stated that he did not see any injuries to Allenby's face at that time.

Hmm.....the plot thickens.
[/quote]

Ending up face down on a sidewalk seems like a good way to get injuries to your face...I wonder if the witness was intoxicated or if it was dark or anything...who knows.

This level of intoxication seems strange to me. I'm something of a professional in this regard, (moreso in my younger days) but it would take A LOT of booze to get someone to the point where they would pass out in the street for a couple of hours. It's hard to understand how a guy who I assume enjoys a few cocktails from time to time, would get to that point by 11 PM, at a wine bar. It appears that this place does serve hard liquor, as well, so I guess that could explain it, but it would be hard to avoid getting cut off if you were that blotto. But then again, I don't "HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS", so the rules may be different for those who do.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/report-law-enforcement-skeptical-allenby-story/"][b]Report: Law enforcement 'skeptical' of Allenby story[/b][/url]

January 22, 2015, 8:31 am

As the investigation continues into Robert Allenby's alleged kidnapping and robbery last week in Honolulu, Hawaiian police are reportedly questioning the Aussie's explanation of events.

According to a [url="http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/27910324/golfer-sticks-by-his-story-in-spite-of-mounting-skepticism"]Hawaii News Now report[/url], law enforcement officials are "skeptical" of Allenby's story in which he was kidnapped from a wine bar, beaten, robbed and dropped off miles away. The report notes that despite claims from the 43-year-old, Honolulu police have not opened cases for kidnapping or assault.

Instead, they have ongoing investigations for robbery and unauthorized use of a credit card - although it is reportedly "unlikely" that authorities will pursue the robbery charges because of a lack of evidence.

The only point on which there appears to be agreement is the credit card use, as surveillance video at nearby stores reportedly shows an unnamed individual purchasing more than $10,000 in goods with Allenby's card at several stores, including an Urban Outfitters and ABC liquor store in Waikiki.

The report also cites an unnamed law enforcement official who noted that a kidnapping the likes of which Allenby described would be unusual in Hawaii.

"This isn't Mexico with a bands of criminals running around and kidnapping people," the source said. "Besides, kidnapping someone and throwing him in the trunk of a car is an awful lot of effort to go through to steal his wallet, cash and iPhone."

The report also cites law enforcement sources who claim that Allenby's facial injuries were "not consistent with an assault," but instead more likely "scrapes" from a fall. Earlier this week, a witness who reportedly found Allenby in the street claimed that the Aussie sustained his injuries from falling and hitting his head on a rock.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

This whole incident has me wondering....

Did Allenby get so wasted at the wine bar that he was asked to leave, or maybe he walked out on his own, not really knowing what he was doing because he was so drunk.

Did he stumble down the sidewalk and trip and fall, or maybe he just got tired, laid down where he was, and passed out.

If he was indeed 6.5 miles away from the wine bar, perhaps he took a cab. Once he exited the cab, maybe he fell to the sidewalk or passed out.

Maybe a passerby found him, tried to wake him and could not. The passerby realized how nicely dressed Allenby was and decided to rummage through his pockets for loose change or credit cards, finding both.

Maybe the passerby who was able to awaken Allenby didn't notice any facial injuries because it was still somewhat dark outside or was only able to view Allenby from his right side, which didn't show as much damage as the left.

Maybe once he woke up and somewhat realized/remembered what happened, he decided to concoct a story to save face.

IF Allenby has an issue with alcohol, I highly doubt this is the first time he's had an alcohol related incident, and stories of past incidents will surely surface. Especially if money is offered for such stories.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='Wriggles' timestamp='1421939249' post='10797039']
Didn't someone say he was wearing a Rolex, and it wasn't taken by his assailants? If true, what crook would not steal a Rolex?
[/quote]

Good point. Unless the attempt to take it off eventually roused Allenby a bit and the crooks moved on without the watch.

Or another passerby or car was coming and the crook opted to leave the watch to avoid being seen.

Or, he had a long sleeved shirt or coat on which covered the watch and the crook did not see it.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='bjr990' timestamp='1421939541' post='10797075']
Here's another article from a Hawaiian newspaper, I didn't see it posted: [url="http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150121_Witness_golfer_passed_out_hurt_self_after_going_to_strip_bar.html?id=289407101"]http://www.staradver...ml?id=289407101[/url]
[/quote]

The plot thickens......

He went to a strip club for some "action" and not a wine bar.

A witness was with Allenby when he fell and hit his face on a rock.

Allenby allegedly told the witness he was depressed about missing the cut at the Sony.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1421936913' post='10796839']
This level of intoxication seems strange to me. I'm something of a professional in this regard, (moreso in my younger days) but it would take A LOT of booze to get someone to the point where they would pass out in the street for a couple of hours. It's hard to understand how a guy who I assume enjoys a few cocktails from time to time, would get to that point by 11 PM, at a wine bar. It appears that this place does serve hard liquor, as well, so I guess that could explain it, but it would be hard to avoid getting cut off if you were that blotto. But then again, I don't "HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS", so the rules may be different for those who do.
[/quote]

I have seen people that drunk more times then I can count. When I graduated high school we took a trip up to Montreal since the drinking age up their is 18. I got so drunk I wondered off and passed out in an alley next to the bar. Woke up to a homeless man trying to go through my pockets. Was in New Orleans last June. Right by Bourbon St. Walked out my hotel around 9AM and their was a pretty well dressed man about 30 years old wearing beads with a giant hurricane glass passed out obviously hammered sleeping right in the middle of the side walk with people stopping to take pictures next to him. Hell, even last night went to a sports bar at 530 for drinks walk into the bathroom and their is a man basicslly on top of the counter barely concious vomiting all over the place. You would think by 45 years of age you could control it a little better, but it's not surprising.

Here's another article from a Hawaiian newspaper, I didn't see it posted: http://www.staradver...ml?id=289407101

"Moments before Australian pro golfer Robert Allenby injured himself by passing out and hitting his head on a lava rock early Saturday, he told a homeless man that he was depressed and had been drugged at a strip club where he went to get some "action.""

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

[quote name='bjr990' timestamp='1421939541' post='10797075']Here's another article from a Hawaiian newspaper, I didn't see it posted: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150121_Witness_golfer_passed_out_hurt_self_after_going_to_strip_bar.html?id=289407101[/quote]

"Khamis told Allenby he wasn't sure a taxi would take a credit card and offered to give his last $7 to pay for Allenby's taxi fare back to his hotel."

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna