SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Have to brag. Smell Red (yellow one)

#7 hole today. 172 yards, stongish left to right breeze. . Took a little off a 7 iron and turned it back into the breeze. Ball mark was about a foot short of the pin.

Unfortunately, I can't see that far, so didn't see it go in. (Also remeber, elevation when talking distance)

That's awesome congrats!! Is it your 1st hole in one? Also glad to hear you stopped playing it and saved it as a memento. My 1st hole in one I never saw as well. We knew it was going to be close but to not see it not on the green, and the anticipation walking up to the hole/flag.... just an awesome feeling seeing it at the bottom of the cup. Damn man, once again congrats!! :drinks:

Thank you sir, appreciate it.

Kind of a funny side to it. I knew I had hit it well so while the others were hitting I went back to the cart and used the rangefinder to try and see how close it was. I told the other guy I couldn't see it and he said "then it's got to be in, it was right at it". In the meantime my partner jerks his tee shot way left towards the driving range (line of trees then OB). So before going to the green I went over to look for his ball. In the meantime the other two went to the green and looked and told me it was in. So I actually didn't get that highly anticipating walk to the cup, hoping it's in, but telling yourself it probably isn't.

It's my second one, the first one fortunately I watched all the way in.

Thank you again.

If you lost a Snell MTB-Black on the 16th hole at Eagle Glen in Corona CA today, there was a bunker over the green before the cliff you didn’t check. Don’t worry though, I will take good care of it!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

If you lost a Snell MTB-Black on the 16th hole at Eagle Glen in Corona CA today, there was a bunker over the green before the cliff you didn’t check. Don’t worry though, I will take good care of it!

I was there too. Tee'd off at 1pm. it could be stray ball from 17th tee box.

We got done at 1:30 but that would have been funny if it was yours.

I thought you play the Red ?

About Eagle Glen , most of their bunkers are the fine powdery white sand, do you like them ? I don’t play that style enough and found it hard to control distance from the bunker (I was in more than a handful yesterday)

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Played there with mine Friday afternoon but not mine!

About Eagle Glen , most of their bunkers are the fine powdery white sand, do you like them ? I don’t play that style enough and found it hard to control distance from the bunker (I was in more than a handful yesterday)

Lucky you. You started early and got done when it was about to get toasted.

I don't have new MTB black yet. When Big 5 has it in stock, I won't waste a chance. My $10 off coupon is looking forward to be of the use.

Luckily, I never ended up in sand. It looked hard and dry.

I gamed mtb red for 2 rounds. It stands out in wind, spin and durability.

Now it is hard for me to pick one or the other. I might have to stock both and pick a ball according to course management.

Question of curiosity. Dean which ball do you play?

I play the MTB BLACK... like the controlled spin with the irons into greens... and its LONG.....

Dean: Is the black longer than last year's MTB?

Lucky you. You started early and got done when it was about to get toasted.

I don't have new MTB black yet. When Big 5 has it in stock, I won't waste a chance. My $10 off coupon is looking forward to be of the use.

Luckily, I never ended up in sand. It looked hard and dry.

the sand was mixed , some had new white sand (like 18 greenside) and others were crusty on top. Hard to get comfortable for sure

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Eagle glen! What are your favorite temecula courses? I love retreat
I thought the retreat was shut down ? Eagle Glen and Glen Ivy are fun tracts. In Temecula , Journey and RedHawk are good , not a fan of Temecula Creek... over rated

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

For the Canadians.... Snell is have a draw for The Open. Top prize is a golf bag and a bunch of secondary draws for towels. You get one ballet per dozen that you order and a dollar off using promo code THEOPEN.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I gamed mtb red for 2 rounds. It stands out in wind, spin and durability.

Now it is hard for me to pick one or the other. I might have to stock both and pick a ball according to course management.

Question of curiosity. Dean which ball do you play?

I play the MTB BLACK... like the controlled spin with the irons into greens... and its LONG.....

Dean: Is the black longer than last year's MTB?

Couple answers to a a few questions here... the MTB BLACK will have a slightly lower driver spin rate, so that should add some extra distances on drivers.. around greens, it is the same as the original....

we do not plan to have MTB BLACK in yellow at this time due to the cast urethane cover and difficulty to make that cover yellow...but never say never... let it develop.. haha...

we also do not have plans to make a RED colored ball... in the ball market, white covers are around 90% of the balls sold, while yellow are less than 10 percent and colored balls less than 1 percent...

Dean, thanks for always answering questions. Curious on the Black vs Red. Which has the lower driver spin or are they pretty much the same? Really liking the MTBs. Sorry for asking this questions again, as I assume it's somewhere in the multiple pages of this thread which I read awhile ago and just don't remember. Sucks getting older....

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

Dean, thanks for always answering questions. Curious on the Black vs Red. Which has the lower driver spin or are they pretty much the same? Really liking the MTBs. Sorry for asking this questions again, as I assume it's somewhere in the multiple pages of this thread which I read awhile ago and just don't remember. Sucks getting older....
Buy a value pack with the Blacks and Reds. It’s the only real way to see which ball fits your game. I’ve played the MTB since Dean started his company and it was as good, if not better than the ProV1 I used to play. I tried the Red and it is a great ball, but the Black fits my game much better. I found the Red firmer and heavy feeling, as advertised, and I prefer a softer ball. Spin off driver is similar. Spin off mid, lower irons is more with Red. I found the Black more consistent all around. Just my opinion, but you really need to try both balls to narrow it down to see what fits you best. Good luck!

I thought the retreat was shut down ? Eagle Glen and Glen Ivy are fun tracts. In Temecula , Journey and RedHawk are good , not a fan of Temecula Creek... over rated

It did shut down.. so did vellano, I found out.

I liked those tight courses but I admit I havnet been there in few years.. too much driving and lots of competitions.

It did shut down.. so did vellano, I found out.

I liked those tight courses but I admit I havnet been there in few years.. too much driving and lots of competitions.

Vellano was very close to my house.... damn housing market is killing golf courses here. 2 years ago it was Empire Lakes that went bye bye.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Buy a value pack with the Blacks and Reds. It’s the only real way to see which ball fits your game. I’ve played the MTB since Dean started his company and it was as good, if not better than the ProV1 I used to play. I tried the Red and it is a great ball, but the Black fits my game much better. I found the Red firmer and heavy feeling, as advertised, and I prefer a softer ball. Spin off driver is similar. Spin off mid, lower irons is more with Red. I found the Black more consistent all around. Just my opinion, but you really need to try both balls to narrow it down to see what fits you best. Good luck!

Thanks I’ve done that and have played both the red and black versions. I like the reds around the greens so I’ll probably stick with them till my new AP2s arrive and I guess I’ll try both balls again. I was playing Rogue irons and thought I probably needed more spin on the iron shots. Thinking it may be opposite with the new irons. Got a couple more weeks till they get here.

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

Played some two-ball with MTB black and MTB red for 9 holes today. Tried to figure out which one would suit my game more.

It seemed like the black was straighter off the tee and although that should have made it longer, I found that most of the time, at least for the driver, the red was as long or longer. I had some driver shots that were longer with the red and others that were longer with the red. Same thing for long irons. I couldn't really attribute any distance differences to the characteristics of the ball.

The only problem I had with the red was that I wasn't hitting the ball aggressively enough, especially when pitching to the green. It did seem to grab the green and offered less run out. That means I should have been hitting to the flag rather than 10 or 15 feet in front of it, which is what I normally do.

The black did seem to be a little easier to control when putting. Didn't seem to roll as much and so I could be aggressive off the putter and not have to worry about going to far past the hole.

I did not really notice any difference in feel with the driver like some have noted. I also did not really see any difference in feel off the irons - long or short. I think my decision is based on some poor shots with the red that just felt like it was the ball's fault instead of mine. Since this was a practice round for me, I had the opportunity to replay a lot of shots (pitches and putts) and just felt like the black was easier for me to correct my previous attempt with it. With the red, the mistake seemed to repeat or was harder to correct and, while it could be me, it just felt like the black was better for my type of game.

All in all, I'd give the edge to the black and ordered a value pack ( 6 dozen ).

Gotta say I've forgotten how much I love putting Snell balls. Grabbed an MTB Black and a Get Sum to take putting/chipping tonight, and could definitely game either ball from a putting standpoint. Will have to see what kind of distance difference I get between the two with longer clubs. The nice solid slight click feel of the MTB Black, and the softer click feel of the Get Sum both made the DT TruSoft that I'd been playing lately feel like an uncontrollable superball with the putter.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

I finally got to play the MTB Black yesterday and love it. I played the Get Sum all last year, but decided to test some other balls this year. After trying several balls, I ordered the MTB Black to compare to Get Sum (I had decided a harder ball was better for me) and I think this is the perfect ball for my game. Will be ordering more very soon.

I finally got to play the MTB Black yesterday and love it. I played the Get Sum all last year, but decided to test some other balls this year. After trying several balls, I ordered the MTB Black to compare to Get Sum (I had decided a harder ball was better for me) and I think this is the perfect ball for my game. Will be ordering more very soon.

as you may know, if you are looking for "harder" ball, RED is harder than BLACK.

Grabbed a sample pack and tried them out a few rounds. Really impressed with these balls. Grabbed 6 dozen of the Reds and they came in today, just in time for some golf tomorrow.

Thanks a Dean!!

Titleist 917 D3 - 9.5*
Tour Edge Exotics EX 9 - 16.5*
Bridgestone 2H - 19*
4-8 Iron Titleist 718 AP1 w/ Project X PXI 6.0
8-PW Titleist 718 AP2 w/ Project X PXI 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 52* & 58*
Putter changes too often to keep up with

The driver spin between red and black should be similar but Black may be slightly lower for some players depending on how that players hits down on the ball.. but in general, both balls have low driver spin to help add distance and prevent ballooning or trouble in the wind... the biggest difference is the approach shot spin.. RED is higher than black on the 7, 8, 9, PW AW type shots.. then closer to the green similar with nice feel and short game spin and control...