SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

The driver spin between red and black should be similar but Black may be slightly lower for some players depending on how that players hits down on the ball.. but in general, both balls have low driver spin to help add distance and prevent ballooning or trouble in the wind... the biggest difference is the approach shot spin.. RED is higher than black on the 7, 8, 9, PW AW type shots.. then closer to the green similar with nice feel and short game spin and control...

I have not extensively played the MTB Red but when I did give it brief tryout I was quite disappointed in the performance I got off the irons. It seemed both shorter and higher spin than most Urethane balls I've tried.

With 6-7-8 iron shots I kept landing on the front of the green and either digging in or even spinning back a couple feet from distances where I'd have expected to land in the middle of the green and either stop or release slightly.

My suspicion is that MTB Red simply has too much iron spin for my game. By comparison a ball like the AVX gains me a couple yards of iron distance, presumably because of its low iron spin.

Does it sound like I'd be a candidate for the MTB Black rather than the Red? I was totally satisfied with the short-game performance of the Red but I'm simply unwilling to give up 6-8 yards of distance with my irons. And spinning back a 8-iron is more of a nuisance than an advantage!

The driver spin between red and black should be similar but Black may be slightly lower for some players depending on how that players hits down on the ball.. but in general, both balls have low driver spin to help add distance and prevent ballooning or trouble in the wind... the biggest difference is the approach shot spin.. RED is higher than black on the 7, 8, 9, PW AW type shots.. then closer to the green similar with nice feel and short game spin and control...

I have not extensively played the MTB Red but when I did give it brief tryout I was quite disappointed in the performance I got off the irons. It seemed both shorter and higher spin than most Urethane balls I've tried.

With 6-7-8 iron shots I kept landing on the front of the green and either digging in or even spinning back a couple feet from distances where I'd have expected to land in the middle of the green and either stop or release slightly.

My suspicion is that MTB Red simply has too much iron spin for my game. By comparison a ball like the AVX gains me a couple yards of iron distance, presumably because of its low iron spin.

Does it sound like I'd be a candidate for the MTB Black rather than the Red? I was totally satisfied with the short-game performance of the Red but I'm simply unwilling to give up 6-8 yards of distance with my irons. And spinning back a 8-iron is more of a nuisance than an advantage!

Butte,

yes, the MTB Black is a great ball, just a tad harder then the AVX..but I think they are comparable to me IMHO

I finally got to play the MTB Black yesterday and love it. I played the Get Sum all last year, but decided to test some other balls this year. After trying several balls, I ordered the MTB Black to compare to Get Sum (I had decided a harder ball was better for me) and I think this is the perfect ball for my game. Will be ordering more very soon.

as you may know, if you are looking for "harder" ball, RED is harder than BLACK.

Thanks...I should have clarified that I was looking for a harder ball compared to what I was testing (non Snell balls) this past spring

I finally got to play the MTB Black yesterday and love it. I played the Get Sum all last year, but decided to test some other balls this year. After trying several balls, I ordered the MTB Black to compare to Get Sum (I had decided a harder ball was better for me) and I think this is the perfect ball for my game. Will be ordering more very soon.

as you may know, if you are looking for "harder" ball, RED is harder than BLACK.

Thanks...I should have clarified that I was looking for a harder ball compared to what I was testing (non Snell balls) this past spring

MB, with all due respect, you should try RED. It comes with harder feel and lotta spin.

I just got word that I won the Canadian draw for a Snell tour bag. I'll post pictures once it's in.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Dean, how about a tester package consisting a sleeve of GS, Red and Black?

that would be a nightmare for us in packing.. we have get sum in white and yellow.. MTB RED in white and yellow.. and MTB BLACK... so lots of possible combos and all have to be hand packed and kept separate...if someone wanted to have a test pack with a sleeve of something changed, we do that.. we just ask them to place note in the order notes section and we will handle.. but to have it everyday and options to pick on the site, yikes.... haha...

One of the guys in our foursome got a test pack of the MTBs and gave me one each of the Red and Black. I really like the Black. I definitely get more distance with it though the Red is not that far behind. They both hold the greens really well. Feel-wise, the Black and I get along better. Still need to get through almost two dozen of last year's MTB before I move over to the Black full time. One of the drawbacks of stocking up on a ball only to have an improved version come along. :no2:

One of the guys in our foursome got a test pack of the MTBs and gave me one each of the Red and Black. I really like the Black. I definitely get more distance with it though the Red is not that far behind. They both hold the greens really well. Feel-wise, the Black and I get along better. Still need to get through almost two dozen of last year's MTB before I move over to the Black full time. One of the drawbacks of stocking up on a ball only to have an improved version come along. :no2:

Precisely, I never understood stocking up, there's always a new version or a new ball coming out that is worth trying.

Dean, how about a tester package consisting a sleeve of GS, Red and Black?

that would be a nightmare for us in packing.. we have get sum in white and yellow.. MTB RED in white and yellow.. and MTB BLACK... so lots of possible combos and all have to be hand packed and kept separate...if someone wanted to have a test pack with a sleeve of something changed, we do that.. we just ask them to place note in the order notes section and we will handle.. but to have it everyday and options to pick on the site, yikes.... haha...

understood. Just a suggestion without knowing the ops.

Ordered a navy blue Snell visor and today I received it but was black. I sent a quick email to Snell and within 1 hour they said they will send out the navy blue and for me to keep the black visor as a gift. All I can say is thank-you, customer service is top notch!! I’ve been with Snell since Dean launched his company in early 2015. Great ball! Great customer service! Only ball I will play! Thanks Dean.

I got back home from vacation and the Snell tour bag I won was waiting for me. 08471541cc7821efcd73ee07d4d518a3.jpg968057ab7b42d11e8f125c05d4253fa2.jpga8eaa0b62938fab1ce91952e4932ab64.jpg35d2dc1e6d45965c4b7e37f322b7bdf4.jpg

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I got back home from vacation and the Snell tour bag I won was waiting for me. 08471541cc7821efcd73ee07d4d518a3.jpg968057ab7b42d11e8f125c05d4253fa2.jpga8eaa0b62938fab1ce91952e4932ab64.jpg35d2dc1e6d45965c4b7e37f322b7bdf4.jpg

That's cool congrats. Looks great! I'm guessing since it says Snell Golf Canada it was a Canadian giveaway?

Again congrats :drinks:

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

That's cool congrats. Looks great! I'm guessing since it says Snell Golf Canada it was a Canadian giveaway?

Again congrats :drinks:

Yes it was. They had a giveaway for The Open.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Does anyone else find the MTB Black to be insanely durable? I'm on Round 9 with a Black #1. Just when I think the ball is toast I smash a drive that goes further than I think an old ball should go. Just when I have a forced carry that "I can't make with this old ball" it carries perfectly. Just when I have a tough chip that "I need a fresh ball to spin" I spin this old dog just fine.

I've bladed, chunked, skulled, shanked (probably), and hit this #1 into numerous trees. The damn thing still performs.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Does anyone else find the MTB Black to be insanely durable? I'm on Round 9 with a Black #1. Just when I think the ball is toast I smash a drive that goes further than I think an old ball should go. Just when I have a forced carry that "I can't make with this old ball" it carries perfectly. Just when I have a tough chip that "I need a fresh ball to spin" I spin this old dog just fine.

I've bladed, chunked, skulled, shanked (probably), and hit this #1 into numerous trees. The damn thing still performs.

I have never seen a ball after 9 rounds . You should really post a picture so we can observe.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I have never seen a ball after 9 rounds . You should really post a picture so we can observe.

I have to admit it isn’t pretty but that is a good idea. I’ll get some photos ready.

Dean, this is after a lot of abuse. It’s a badge of honor more than anything.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

9 ROUNDS..... lucky if a ball makes it past 9 holes :rolleyes:

Edit: Of course people like Dean who sells the product loves players like me LOL

9 ROUNDS..... lucky if a ball makes it past 9 holes :rolleyes:

Edit: Of course people like Dean who sells the product loves players like me LOL

While my home course has lots of trees there is no water (thankfully) and there's only O.B. on 5 of the holes. If I aim away from the OB on those five holes it usually means I'll be able to find my ball. That being said I usually don't make it this long with a ball either.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

lucky you, but then again, if your ball survives after 9 rounds, you must be a straight-hitter which avoids all the tress and cartpaths.

My used of Black resulted in deep scratches after a tree-shot.

I would be lying if I said I was a straight hitter. I hit trees often, cart-paths not so much but trees yes. When I get to the course later today I'll get some pictures of my beat up Snell. It actually looks pretty damn good.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

My buddy who is a local Professional said if he had to buy his own golf balls that he would without a doubt play the Snell MTB they are just that good!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

lucky you, but then again, if your ball survives after 9 rounds, you must be a straight-hitter which avoids all the tress and cartpaths.

I would be lying if I said I was a straight hitter. I hit trees often, cart-paths not so much but trees yes. When I get to the course later today I'll get some pictures of my beat up Snell. It actually looks pretty damn good.

if you dont mind to answer, what is your home course? I am stunned to see you playing 9 rounds with the same ball. That's quite a talent.

at my home course, Black Gold, it is not easy to play 9 holes without losing one.

if you dont mind to answer, what is your home course? I am stunned to see you playing 9 rounds with the same ball. That's quite a talent.

at my home course, Black Gold, it is not easy to play 9 holes without losing one.

Sunnyside Country Club. As long as the ball doesn't go OB on #1, 2, 5, 6, 12, or 13 then there really isn't much chance to lose a ball. Let me gets some pics.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

That #3 and #1 have both been with me for a while now. Sorry the pictures suck. I'll have to get some in daylight. We'll see how much longer I can keep these - I hit some long tee shots with #1 today in twilight league even with imperfections/scratches in the cover.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black