SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Wow you have some serious vision issues ... lol

Kidding aside I mentally couldn’t put the ball on the right into play, unless I birdied 18 with it last time out.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Kidding aside I mentally couldn’t put the ball on the right into play, unless I birdied 18 with it last time out.

Agreed. "Imperfections" is not the word I'd use. Maybe "beat up" or "beat to heck".

Wait, I think I recall the technical term. "Shag ball".

Agreed. "Imperfections" is not the word I'd use. Maybe "beat up" or "beat to heck".

I understand where you guys are coming from but at this point the #1 and #3 have been too loyal. They're staying in play.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I understand where you guys are coming from but at this point the #1 and #3 have been too loyal. They're staying in play.

I once got 72 holes out of 2013 ProV1x. It had a couple of flattened edges on dimples but otherwise looked like new.

I'd have kept going a while longer to see how far it could go, although not sure I'd press things quite as far as #3 there! But the point was moot. I said to the other guys in my group, "Well, this ball now has 72 holes on it. That's longer than I've ever used the same ball before".

Then I teed it up and pull-hooked it into a parking lot that I'd never hit a ball within 50 yards of before, even though I'd played the course hundreds of times. I hope it didn't hit a car and I hope someone found it and got another 72 holes of use from it. But saying that was a total jinx for me...

I once got 72 holes out of 2013 ProV1x. It had a couple of flattened edges on dimples but otherwise looked like new.

I'd have kept going a while longer to see how far it could go, although not sure I'd press things quite as far as #3 there! But the point was moot. I said to the other guys in my group, "Well, this ball now has 72 holes on it. That's longer than I've ever used the same ball before".

Then I teed it up and pull-hooked it into a parking lot that I'd never hit a ball within 50 yards of before, even though I'd played the course hundreds of times. I hope it didn't hit a car and I hope someone found it and got another 72 holes of use from it. But saying that was a total jinx for me...

Lol, that's pretty funny.

The golf balls are pretty beat up (obviously) but now I'm curious to see how much longer they last before either performance drops off or I just lose the ball.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Comments such as you made will only invite the displeasure of the golf gods. They are always willing to smite those who display even the smallest amount of hubris...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

lucky you, but then again, if your ball survives after 9 rounds, you must be a straight-hitter which avoids all the tress and cartpaths.

My used of Black resulted in deep scratches after a tree-shot.

I would be lying if I said I was a straight hitter. I hit trees often, cart-paths not so much but trees yes. When I get to the course later today I'll get some pictures of my beat up Snell. It actually looks pretty damn good.

if you dont mind to answer, what is your home course? I am stunned to see you playing 9 rounds with the same ball. That's quite a talent.

at my home course, Black Gold, it is not easy to play 9 holes without losing one.

Sunnyside Country Club. As long as the ball doesn't go OB on #1, 2, 5, 6, 12, or 13 then there really isn't much chance to lose a ball. Let me gets some pics.

anyways playing 9 rounds with the same ball is amazing.

lucky you, but then again, if your ball survives after 9 rounds, you must be a straight-hitter which avoids all the tress and cartpaths.

My used of Black resulted in deep scratches after a tree-shot.

I would be lying if I said I was a straight hitter. I hit trees often, cart-paths not so much but trees yes. When I get to the course later today I'll get some pictures of my beat up Snell. It actually looks pretty damn good.

if you dont mind to answer, what is your home course? I am stunned to see you playing 9 rounds with the same ball. That's quite a talent.

at my home course, Black Gold, it is not easy to play 9 holes without losing one.

Sunnyside Country Club. As long as the ball doesn't go OB on #1, 2, 5, 6, 12, or 13 then there really isn't much chance to lose a ball. Let me gets some pics.

anyways playing 9 rounds with the same ball is amazing.

Much longer than the normal life expectancy for one of my golf balls.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Somewhere in this thread I posted a running update on my rounds with a Red. If I remember correctly it was soemthing like 90 holes. I think as soon as I posted that I hit it in the lake.

how long is your current streak?

I’m not sure. I have two used ones in the bag that I had been using for the last couple of weeks, but I broke out a new ball for a tournament over the weekend.

I’ve been retiring them to the used ball bucket a little more frequently lately.

I ordered two dozen last weekend as of today they still are not in. I have contacted the company but no response. I hope the ball is better than the customer service

Rather odd that is happening, customer service is typically amazing with Snell.

I find that odd as well. I just placed an order to Hawaii and it appears they used FedEx SmartPost which takes a long time. I emailed them this morning and asked if there was a faster option since I am moving soon and wanted to try them before I leave the country. Nicole from customer service responded in less than 20 minutes saying that she was going to send out a new box via USPS for me.

I am very impressed with their customer service.

I have ordered three times and was able to track my shipment. Delivery was very quick. Any problems just call customer support.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

I have had nothing but great experiences with their customer service. I won't be playing anything but Snell.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Did you look at the email that notified you they had been shipped, there's a tracking number included.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

With Snell covering the shipping I understand them using the most economical method, which is FedEx SmartPost. The downside is that it is probably the slowest shipping method depending on where you are in relation to where Snell ships. My order with Snell direct last year probably took a good 10 days to two weeks and I am near Dallas. Hey, if quick shipping is your thing and you are not looking for the 6 dozen pack they can be gotten at the same price from Amazon and within two days with free shipping if you are a Prime member.

With Snell covering the shipping I understand them using the most economical method, which is FedEx SmartPost. The downside is that it is probably the slowest shipping method depending on where you are in relation to where Snell ships. My order with Snell direct last year probably took a good 10 days to two weeks and I am near Dallas. Hey, if quick shipping is your thing and you are not looking for the 6 dozen pack they can be gotten at the same price from Amazon and within two days with free shipping if you are a Prime member.
I think they are $1 more from Amazon but for quicker shipping it might be worth it.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

I think they are $1 more from Amazon but for quicker shipping it might be worth it.

They didn't cover the price, it was $7 for shipping. I suspected it was smartpost and should have asked beforehand but was impatient. Regardless, they went way above and beyond what I was expecting.

They didn't cover the price, it was $7 for shipping. I suspected it was smartpost and should have asked beforehand but was impatient. Regardless, they went way above and beyond what I was expecting.

Sorry. The free shipping is for the 48 states. Just went back and realized you are in Hawaii.

It may well be the age of the guys I play with, senior leagues, but after over a year playing Snell MTB's - I have yet to find a single player who's ever heard of Snell. Even the avid single digit HI guys. I get a puzzled look and question every time another player ID's my ball. The direct model is preferable to me, but I'm afraid many of the old fuds I play with will never get on board - they'll be brick-n-mortar buyers until they can't anymore.

Look who's back after yet another 18 holes. Should I name her?

Lost her today, I f****** lost her.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

You didn’t look hard enough!! Get back out there!��

I know generally where she is but still couldn't find her. She's scared and all alone. :(

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

You didn’t look hard enough!! Get back out there!��

I know generally where she is but still couldn't find her. She's scared and all alone. :(

We need a search party. We’ve lost mine at the bottom of the lake, so there’s no hope there. Yours is all we have left!