2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G30 LS Tec Driver

aussiegolferer

[quote name='3woodvt' timestamp='1434283723' post='11748214']
Did anyone else find the Tour S shaft (65) a little to soft in the tip? I felt I was trying to time it...or wait on the head at impact. Anyway not a bad shaft my no means just not what I needed. The VTS shaft I just put in has firmed it up and allows me to release much easier now...can't wait for tee time today to see what I can do under the 'gun'.
[/quote]

Yes I found this to be the case. Slapped the AD DI 6x in there and have been very very happy with the results.

That's an awful fancy driver you're bagging now!

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Drudersh' timestamp='1434382604' post='11754746']
Did anyone else find the Tour S shaft (65) a little to soft in the tip? I felt I was trying to time it...or wait on the head at impact. Anyway not a bad shaft my no means just not what I needed. The VTS shaft I just put in has firmed it up and allows me to release much easier now...can't wait for tee time today to see what I can do under the 'gun'.
[/quote]

Yes I found this to be the case. Slapped the AD DI 6x in there and have been very very happy with the results.

[/quote]

I haven't even hit the tour 65 for some reason lol. Got a few rounds in with a DI last week and liked it. My swing sucks but my feelings are similar to Dnice, numbers are almost perfect with it and I just need to work on the swing a little.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Played my second round w/the G30 LST this weekend. Managed to put up a -2 on a 6,700+ yard course, although when you're making a ton of 5-10 footers, the game becomes much easier!

This driver is the real deal. My miss tends to be low on the face, and I was still getting 270 on those hits (SS is 112 or so). Had a chance to hop on flightscope as well after the round. Good strikes were 11* launch and 2400 spin, while misses were 9.5* launch and 2800 spin. I can live with that. I'm going to turn it from 10.5 loft to 11 loft and see what that does.

Oh, and this driver definitely takes the left side out of play! On the two drives i did miss left, they were pulled vs. hooked.

I think the forgiveness is 90% there compared to the G25, but I'm getting 10-15 yards more. I'll take that trade-off.

Josh

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1434385439' post='11755098']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven't even hit the tour 65 for some reason lol. Got a few rounds in with a DI last week and liked it. My swing sucks but my feelings are similar to Dnice, numbers are almost perfect with it and I just need to work on the swing a little.
[/quote]

I got a chance to hit my set-up on a GC2 when Ping came to my club for a demo day a couple of weeks ago. Spin was anywhere from 2200-2600, one outlier in the low 3000's, and carry was anywhere from low 270's to 280. Ping rep said he wouldn't change a thing and that I was a "good advertisement" for them haha.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I got out and played another round with this driver. It really is the right combo of distance and forgiveness. I hit one high and towards the toe and it went high and straight and still 286 yards. I have gotten used to the sound of it now especially since I biggest miss with is slight right and not a hook that can't get off the ground. Mix this driver in with the lessons that I have taken and I am a happy camper. Almost makes me want to go back to an all PING bag again

[/quote]

[/quote]Awesome numbers man on the next post. I have to say the influence of this site has affected me. I went back and swapped heads and now have the LS version. Definitely less spin and 10-15 yards longer it appears with limited hitting than the G30. I even 'dropped kicked' one and it went strait for about 230...amazing. My back yard has about 238 to the tree line and had the LS hitting about 2/3 the way up the poplar and oak trees....(country boy's guess is 260 in our fine mountain air at 93* degrees on the good hits. I'd love to see some numbers on the spin as I was 2700-2800 on the G30. Guessing its probably dropped a couple hundred but not to worried and not going out of my way to see them...more about visual as you know but numbers do assist the mental side I guess.

I'm happy to be away from SLDR...dropped off at the club w orginial shaft put back in it and popping a 75.00 price tag on it. :swoon:

Good luck in the State am stuff and drop an email if you crack top 10 again. Good luck. and thanks for the prod.

Anyway 275-280 carry is crazy good dude. PGA Man! (or Web.com stuff)!

I know this is a hard question to answer but for someone who can't get on a launch monitor. Which would be better for a ~115 swing speed and very high ball hitter. Need something a little more forgiving than my current sldr s

DriVer- Ping G30 lst 9*
3wood- Cobra amp
hybrid- Ping i20 20*
Irons- Cobra amp cell 4-pw, 2* upright, golf pride mcc+4 midsize
Wedges- 50* Cleveland cg14, 56* titleist sm5 f grind,60* titleist sm5 s grind
Putter- Scotty Cameron notchback
Bag- Sun mountain 4.5

[quote name='The5thGOLFBOY' timestamp='1434398891' post='11756746']
I know this is a hard question to answer but for someone who can't get on a launch monitor. Which would be better for a ~115 swing speed and very high ball hitter. Need something a little more forgiving than my current sldr s
[/quote]

I am right in that range, and the 9* G30 LS with Rogue Silver 60X is just a beast. I originally had the Tour 80X, but spin and launch were both higher than I was looking for.

[quote name='KingKong' timestamp='1434413338' post='11758272']
Anybody want to sell me a 9* LS with an x flex shaft?
[/quote]
Absolutely not! "...from my cold dead hands."

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Got this thing dialed in on the practice range. LS definitely longer than 30 head for me. Dialed down from 10.5 to 9.9. Tee ball w half of ball over crown or even with crown...doesn't really matter. Avg. 250 carry with some explosive shots in the 265 carry range and with some not so best hits in the 240 range. Very tight dispersion as I noticed dispersion tightest with teed lower (top of ball even w top of crown) Very happy after just a few range sessions. Looking forward to course conditions soon.

I see just a slight draw with this club thus far. love the .5 degree open face at address with set in small - position. Launch appears to be in the 12 -13 range....no spin numbers but not worried as I like the ball flight and carry.

Glad I purchased this Club.

I ordered the LS right before hurting my wrist in January, and have just finally been able to get it out in the course. I shafted mine with a Fubuki J 50 stiff flex, at 45". I played 9 holes with it a couple weeks ago, and hit it really well. I had it in the standard position (ordered digitally lofted at 11 degrees). I thought the trajectory might have been a tad higher than I'd like to see, so I dialed it down to 10 degrees for my round yesterday. I liked the trajectory better for sure. On good shots, it seems on par with the Anser I was playing before. On mishits, it's no contest. The forgiveness of the G30 is fantastic. I really like the look of the turbulators, and the way they frame the ball at address as well.

Been playing with the following shafts --

AD-DI 7x

and AD-BB 6x.

Either way, I LOVE this thing. Beast mode.

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

[quote name='youngstructural' timestamp='1435084671' post='11820038']
Been playing with the following shafts --

AD-DI 7x

and AD-BB 6x.

Either way, I LOVE this thing. Beast mode.
[/quote]

Which did you like better?

I currently have an AD DI 7s in my G30 LS 9*. Launch is a bit high. Just ordered an Aldila Rogue 70 MSI 110 shaft for the G30. Hope this brings down the launch.

[quote name='Mikeymeg11' timestamp='1435106216' post='11822442']
Just found out there is a 6-8 week lead time for the G30 LS Tech 10.5 with a tour 65 stiff. The club pro did say they can sell me a demo for $225 vs waiting for new and paying $380. Any suggestions?
[/quote]Have you tried going to the PGA Superstore, Golf Galaxy, or whatever big box store close to you, pretty sure they would have one with a tour stiff 65. If not, try some online retailers, should be able to pick one up

A demo for $225 is a steal! I tried my buddies LS for the first time over the weekend and I am impressed. Never even considered the G30 LS but now I am thinking of picking one up.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

The store has a 10.5 with blue shaft and 9 with tour shaft and I wanted 10.5 and they are willing to swap shafts. Wondering if swing weight would be all messed up once I put tour 65 in the 10.5 head that was built with the blue shaft from factory?

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1434725404' post='11785108']
I have 9 degree g 30 ls with tour 65 really like it but switched to the tour 80x and oh yea now were cooking with oil!!!!! Dropped launch and spin the weight is perfect
[/quote]did you change the weight in the head when you went to the tour 80? If so what did you change it to? Thanks

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1