MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Thanks to Eagle for organizing the WAGT Tournament season again this year!!

It was a great time, and only wish we had more players each week. The WAGT National Tournament is next week. Info on tracking my scores is below. The tournament is being played over three days (September 20-22) at Swan Lake Resort and Golf Club in Plymouth, IN.

If nothing else, you could schedule a mani/pedi before or after your flight. :busted2: Good luck, Sir.

oooh. the idea of a relaxing mani/pedi in preparation for the tournament sounds like such an absolutely awful/stupid what kind of golfer suggests such great idea!! Thanks! Hope to have a nice showing this year and improve on the 3rd place from last year.

I'm planning on getting a mani-pedi before heading to Carolina. Man enough to admit. Gotta protect them feet.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Reporting live from Fairfax, good stuff and current lines moved to Tysons.

Lots of lefty though.

Any Clicgears? Mind nabbing me one?

Sorry, didn't check back here, plus they closed an hour earlier than posted so I had to check out and leave sooner than expected. New hours I guess. I saw 20% off carts, not sure how many Clics they had there.

Basically, it was around 10% off used, demos and new (but not 2016 models), 10% off bags, 10% of select balls, 30% of all club making and grips, including Golf Pride. Then again, 30% of a $11 NDMC still doesn't do it for me, but I did grab a bunch of GP Tour Wraps for $4 apiece which is good enough for me. Price checks rang up $160+ for a demo M1 hybrid, and $170+ for a demo Titleist H2, which wasn't worth it. I can get a new one for that on eBay. I didn't bother getting more price checks on demos after that. Oh, Nike and UA apparel was 20% off, no exclusions there. There was a used 4-PW set of Srixon 545s with KBS Tour in R flex in excellent shape that was very very tempting, but for $400+, I don't want a set I have to reshaft. If it's still there in a few days and if they drop the price more I might reconsider.

As posted before, most of the new, current lines are not there or being boxed up. The new but older lines are only 10% off, but I can see them dropping prices on those and demos as the days go by.

Honestly, it was kind of depressing. I'm all for good deals, but I loved having a GS in Fairfax and went there all the time for club work and apparel, so it sucked seeing the place getting cleared out. There were a couple good dudes who worked there that always treated me well. However, they opened 3-4 stores within a month back in 2012, which I thought was aggressive from the beginning, so I guess it isn't a surprise. This area just isn't a big golf market at the end of the day.

Time to raise a(nother) glass in memory of the store.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

'F*ck it, dude. Let's Go Golfing...'

I was thinking of putting up another YouTube, this time of the Undertaker's theme... but I'm saving that for the morning of the 7's.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

'F*ck it, dude. Let's Go Golfing...'

I was thinking of putting up another YouTube, this time of the Undertaker's theme... but I'm saving that for the morning of the 7's.

You put up a YouTube video?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Just finished at LB. Played bad, but with it being the first time since July, I was more pleasantly surprised at the lack of truly horrific shots.

Special thanks to THDC for setting it up. It was a good time.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I had a voucher for a $49 round at Blue Mash that I needed to use, so I decided to use that this morning. My girlfriend started a class today that runs through the winter so I'll be free to play on Saturday mornings for the rest of the year. I thought that Blue Mash was in awesome shape. The greens were a tad slow, but they have recovered very nicely from punching. The fairways were nice to hit off of and there were no burned out spots really anywhere. The starter said they had been cartpath only for the last two weeks to reduce the stress on the grass and it definitely helped.

I played OK. I started with a birdie after chipping in on the 1st hole and ended with a nice up and down birdie on 18. In between was inconsistent play. I was 2 over after 7 and then missed two pretty easy par putts on 8 and 9 to turn in 40. The back 9 was frustrating with loose swings and 3 doubles. I came home in 43. I did have 2 awesome sand saves on 4 and 11. I also hit the driver much better today, so that is encouraging for the rest of the season. I feel a good round coming.

If any locals are interested in a 3W, let me know. Willing to deal in-person for thread discount.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1389326-nice-3w-setups-aeroburner-tp-w-rombax-p95-x-tour-rbz-stg-2-ts-w-fubuki-k-80-x/

Toulon Palm Beach

Hit balls for maybe the second time this year today. I was just kinda aimlessly searching for something to latch onto. Not really successful. The swing felt so balanced and in control a month ago. Now it feels totally foreign.

I didn't have a wrench with me, and I had forgotten to adjust the M2 up before leaving the house. I might have to crank it up to 12 degrees. On the off chance I hit a good one on the range, it was a low bullet. I didn't think a 10.5 would be a problem, but that sucker is really low spin.

Shot a 78 from the tips today at my home course. I lost one tee shot because I actually hit my drive too far and there is a house that has a backyard fenced off that goes right up next to the green. Oh well. Only one birdie today, two doubles, and one three putt to go alon with the one OB tee shot.

Keep playing good man and maybe you will win your club championship...next year of course.

protos F4

Not sure if anyone is looking for a new set of irons, but putting the Apex CF16's up for sale. Let me know if you're interested...will sell them for a good price :)

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Not sure if anyone is looking for a new set of irons, but putting the Apex CF16's up for sale. Let me know if you're interested...will sell them for a good price :)

What are you going to?

I have an old backup set of bstone j36's. I wont be playing for a while (other than possibly trying to play in the 7's) to try and fully heal. I'm selling my irons and my vapor flex driver cause hospital bills are starting to come in.

What shafts you got in them?

Project X PXi 6.0 (stiff) shafts.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Shot a 78 from the tips today at my home course. I lost one tee shot because I actually hit my drive too far and there is a house that has a backyard fenced off that goes right up next to the green. Oh well. Only one birdie today, two doubles, and one three putt to go alon with the one OB tee shot.

Keep playing good man and maybe you will win your club championship...next year of course.

If I could make birdies then that might actually be in the realm of possibility. The winning gross is usually like 6 under. Don't think I have that in me.

What's the difference between the M1 and M2 in terms of adjustability? Played Hog Neck today. Greens were punched 12 days ago, so they weren't great, but I think it is a neat course. Two totally different nine holes. The front has a good amount of water, and the back is very tight and wooded. Eagled 18. Had two other birdies. Problem was 4 double bogeys... Just can't get off of the tee consistently. My Dad and I were the first group out... Finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Perfect.

Tomorrow is Qtown River, but 90 percent chance of rain/storms. Tuesday AM is River Marsh in Cambridge.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

What's the difference between the M1 and M2 in terms of adjustability? Played Hog Neck today. Greens were punched 12 days ago, so they weren't great, but I think it is a neat course. Two totally different nine holes. The front has a good amount of water, and the back is very tight and wooded. Eagled 18. Had two other birdies. Problem was 4 double bogeys... Just can't get off of the tee consistently. My Dad and I were the first group out... Finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Perfect.

Tomorrow is Qtown River, but 90 percent chance of rain/storms. Tuesday AM is River Marsh in Cambridge.

M2 only has the hosel adjustments - nothing else. I had the 430 M1 for a while and I do think it was a bit longer but the M2 is just worlds more forgiving.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

M2 only has the hosel adjustments - nothing else. I had the 430 M1 for a while and I do think it was a bit longer but the M2 is just worlds more forgiving.

I see, so the sliding wights are only on the M1.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

I see, so the sliding wights are only on the M1.

Correct.

DC, why not try the 460 M1..?

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Simple is better for my pea brain, no adjustment options = 100 fewer options/things to think about on the range.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Simple is better for my pea brain, no adjustment options = 100 fewer options/things to think about on the range.

Agree on this one. Have a G30 set it at 10 degrees and never touched since I bought. Better for me than thinking about should I put the weight forward or back, or middle, or what if I get a lighter weight, etc.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

I had a voucher for a $49 round at Blue Mash that I needed to use, so I decided to use that this morning. My girlfriend started a class today that runs through the winter so I'll be free to play on Saturday mornings for the rest of the year. I thought that Blue Mash was in awesome shape. The greens were a tad slow, but they have recovered very nicely from punching. The fairways were nice to hit off of and there were no burned out spots really anywhere. The starter said they had been cartpath only for the last two weeks to reduce the stress on the grass and it definitely helped.

Blue Mash has been in solid condition the last few times I've played there, from tee to green. Well, except the infamous divot filled collection area in the 8th fairway where everyone lays up to.

I might have a few Saturday mornings free myself, hope I can make it up to MD for a round or two again.

Toulon Palm Beach

Played the slowest round in quite some time. Got stuck behind the end of the men's association and took nearly two hours to play the first nine. The front wasn't too terrible but I left all my putts short resulting in two three putts and finishing 6 over on the front. The back I had no one in front of my but somehow lost the ability to find fairways and finished the back at 11 over. My putting woes of leaving everything short stuck didn't go away either. Maybe it's just been too much golf and not letting my body rest up. Gonna take a few days off and then see how I am mid week with a little range session.

Besides the Cowboys being the worst defense of the NFL next to the Redskins...Brandon Carr is garbage.

Still garbage.

Morris > Elliot

Whoever has the ball last will win the game!

protos F4