2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

anyone else watch mr. robot? it was fantastic in season 1 and has meandered a bit in season 2, if i am putting it politely.

last night was part 1 of the two part season 2.0 finale.

basically, it was 60 minutes of this:

and yes, it's as annoying as it sounds like it would be. the episodes were supposed to air back 2 back, but some genius suit at the usa network decided to split it up over two weeks. entire fanbase is appalled. kinda sets part 2 up for failure, as literally the make or break episode of the season.

might have to give up on the show if it's not executed properly / jumps the F out of the shark with some sci-fi bs explanation.

if anyone wants to discuss mr. robot with me, hit me up on email. too esoteric for the thread i think.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

anyone else watch mr. robot? it was fantastic in season 1 and has meandered a bit in season 2, if i am putting it politely.

and yes, it's as annoying as it sounds like it would be. the episodes were supposed to air back 2 back, but some genius suit at the usa network decided to split it up over two weeks. entire fanbase is appalled. kinda sets part 2 up for failure, as literally the make or break episode of the season.

might have to give up on the show if it's not executed properly / jumps the F out of the shark with some sci-fi bs explanation.

if anyone wants to discuss mr. robot with me, hit me up on email. too esoteric for the thread i think.

giphy.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[media=]

[/media]

I watch Mr. Robot, although I haven't seen last night's episode yet. You are spot on with season 2. The plot line has been difficult to follow and I feel like the writers are making it up as they go along.

I watch Mr. Robot, although I haven't seen last night's episode yet. You are spot on with season 2. The plot line has been difficult to follow and I feel like the writers are making it up as they go along.

i don't think they are making it up as they go along. no way we get the mid-season reveal of elliot's true location if that were so. lots of visual foreshadowing went into that. guessed it after episode 3 or something.

the main issue i have with the season is the constant adding on of mysteries/cliffhangers/maguffins without previously addressing/answering/clearing up prior stuff, e.g. still waiting on those 3 missing days from the end of season 1.

the entirety of season 2 has been written, directed and edited by one guy. so he definitely knows what the overreaching story arcs are. it's not like LOST, where they did just make it up as they went along, and the mystery of the island ended up becoming more important than the explanation.

some of my frustration is undoubtedly on me. i binge-watched season 1 in like 2 days. watching season 2 has been downright painful in comparison.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Any one have a recent conditions report for Redgate? Some friends are playing there Saturday morning.

I've played Redgate a number of times this season, most recently a couple weeks ago, I think. It's better than it was last year, but it's still not great. There are bare spots in some of the fairways. The some of the greens have chewed up spots. I think they haven't been cutting the greens much, to protect them, so they're pretty slow. The bunkers haven't had any real sand in them in years.

The only reason I play there some times is that it's cheap and not that busy. Probably due to the conditions. Wouldn't really recommend it.

Thanks for the reply, what you said pretty much mirrors what I have heard too. For $49 Saturday morning I think I will pass.

Just got an email from Oak Creek. For those of us not going to Pinehurst, this seems like a good deal. Anyone want to get one or two foursomes together?

Thursday, September 29th

ALL INCLUSIVE DAY! 18 holes of golf, range balls, cart fees, light continental breakfast, buffet after golf -- all included in your fee. $60 public.

Sounds like fun! Is this a shotgun or anything?

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

i don't think they are making it up as they go along. no way we get the mid-season reveal of elliot's true location if that were so. lots of visual foreshadowing went into that. guessed it after episode 3 or something.

the main issue i have with the season is the constant adding on of mysteries/cliffhangers/maguffins without previously addressing/answering/clearing up prior stuff, e.g. still waiting on those 3 missing days from the end of season 1.

the entirety of season 2 has been written, directed and edited by one guy. so he definitely knows what the overreaching story arcs are. it's not like LOST, where they did just make it up as they went along, and the mystery of the island ended up becoming more important than the explanation.

some of my frustration is undoubtedly on me. i binge-watched season 1 in like 2 days. watching season 2 has been downright painful in comparison.

Ok, maybe he isn't making it up as he goes along but he has definitely had me confused during a bunch of episodes. Like you said, they keep adding more things to the list that we need answers to that I have lost track of what I need answers to. I do feel like the reveal of Elliot's true location took too long to develop. I'm intrigued to see how the season ends.

I also binged watched the first season. Amazon allows the F word. USA cuts out the F word. I like the F word.

Just got an email from Oak Creek. For those of us not going to Pinehurst, this seems like a good deal. Anyone want to get one or two foursomes together?

Thursday, September 29th

ALL INCLUSIVE DAY! 18 holes of golf, range balls, cart fees, light continental breakfast, buffet after golf -- all included in your fee. $60 public.

I called and the assistant pro had no idea what I was talking about, so he said to call back after he talked to the head pro. Called back and the head pro scheduled an outing on the same day as the all inclusive day, so they will have to move the date and resend the email. He thinks it won't be a shotgun, but then again he didn't even know it existed until I called him. He thinks the rescheduled date will be either Sept 28 or 30.

Thursday, September 29th

I called and the assistant pro had no idea what I was talking about, so he said to call back after he talked to the head pro. Called back and the head pro scheduled an outing on the same day as the all inclusive day, so they will have to move the date and resend the email. He thinks it won't be a shotgun, but then again he didn't even know it existed until I called him. He thinks the rescheduled date will be either Sept 28 or 30.

Oak creek is ran by idiots.

Good job CALLING...

protos F4

Thursday, September 29th

Oak creek is ran by idiots.

Good job CALLING...

Well if we weren't aerating the day before, I'd say you guys should both come up and play Sparrows. It's $55 that day for guests.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Thursday, September 29th

I could do the 28th or earlyish the 30th

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I'll be sending out information and getting the heights and handicaps together when I get back.

Want to get everyone. New guys. Old guys. Guys who haven't played in it. I'll take 32 if I can.

Looking at sneek, 2more, gmen, oldberg, pq, Pamatt. Other guys... Altsean, chief, pups, outlier, halcyan, david30 . Natch boogs and cuz.

Want to get Rick and nerf over the bridge.

And everyone else who has played before and everyone else who didn't come immediately to mind.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Date change doesn't impact me. I'm down for OC 28 or 30th.

protos F4

I'll be sending out information and getting the heights and handicaps together when I get back.

Want to get everyone. New guys. Old guys. Guys who haven't played in it. I'll take 32 if I can.

Looking at sneek, 2more, gmen, oldberg, pq, Pamatt. Other guys... Altsean, chief, pups, outlier, halcyan, david30 . Natch boogs and cuz.

And everyone else who has played before and everyone else who didn't come immediately to mind.

Love to (and I actually have it on the calendar). Just trying to lock in kids' soccer calendar. So count me in for now. Def tall.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Sorry, guys. I've been running around like a headless chicken the last couple of weeks with kids' school, Hebrew school, the wife's car getting wrecked, insurance, car getting totaled, and now new car shopping.

What golf outing is this? Where and date, please?

Hope all is well

29 Oct, Gunpowder...

No clue about time but all day, and only 7 clubs putter include in the total.

protos F4

Played oak creek today. Greens were SLOW. Fairways were shaggy but nice to hit off. Rough was burnt out. Great layout. That course is a beast from the tips. 4 Par 3s today played 210 to 230 to the pin. The shorty was only 138. Winds were up. Just such a pain to get to from Valtimore or I'd play it more. It was practically empty.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Count me in I'm 6'5"

For those that haven't played in the 7's before, I highly recommend pre-gaming Gunpowder. There are no measuring devices allow in the event, and there aren't really many distance markers out there. And I remember one so-called yardage marker that had no correlation with reality.

Short guys are liars...tons of markers and the yardages are dead on.

protos F4

I see what you did there little guy...

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Count me in, 6'2".

Our team shot 61 (-10) today and finished fifth. The winning group shot a 56. We missed a lot of good opportunities and even bogeyed a hole (the toughest hole on the course where I duck hooked a drive and we were still 200 out and my approach shot's intended fade didn't fade).

I was crushing it off the tee, my long drive hole attempt was a big push draw clipped a tree at the end of the fairway and came straight down at 320-330 in the rough. Had it been in the fairway, it would have been long drive. Had it not clipped the tree it probably would have been another 15 yards or so.

What sucks is I'd hit great shots off the tee and then we wouldn't capitalize on our opportunities. We'd leave ourselves 30 ft putts for birdie on 70 yard shots. We did alright overall and I'm pretty happy with how I played. It was actually one of the better days with the putter I've ever had (I rolled in four 10-15 ft birdie putts).

For those that haven't played in the 7's before, I highly recommend pre-gaming Gunpowder. There are no measuring devices allow in the event, and there aren't really many distance markers out there. And I remember one so-called yardage marker that had no correlation with reality.

Which tees do we play from?

Some combination of all of them.

Some combination of all of them.

And don't even bother looking at the scorecard to figure out yardages. It's not even close to right.