2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Big and smart marbles.

Sent the wife/kid to go do a mother/daughter painting at the muse in the D.C. Harbor.

Probably could of knocked out 18 but finished 9 and played some bonus:practice holes (10-12).

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Tale of two vastly different rounds Friday and today. Friday was PoSho. Had problems with the putter, three-jacking six greens. Just couldn't get it going, aim or speed-wise. Wasted more than a few good drives and was just generally frustrated even though the course was in good shape considered it rained all day Thursday. Ended up with a 89 and it could've been worse (or better, depending on how you look at it). Hit putts in the basement for about 30 minutes last night to see if I could get back in a groove.

Today was a whole 'nother story at Blue Ridge Shadows. Started off with a bad hook on the 1st, having to hit back into the fairway to save bogey. Then the driver got goin'. Hit the next few fairways but some short approaches cost me being at or below par. Got to within 3 feet on the Par 3 3rd for the first of four birds. Missed the 7th and 8th fairways by a foot each and was perfect on 9 (blasted the 3w 266 (downhill)) to go par, par, bird on the inbound nine. Was feeling good with the plus three.

Second nine seemed worse than it was but after making par on the 10th, I hit a huge slice from the 11th tee onto the 14th fairway and then, because it's CPO (and there's no cut across), was a club short on the approach back. Find water on 12 for a double. And then another f****** slice on 14 but hit a nice recovery shot and my 3rd drops three feet from the cup for my third birdie. Boge on 15 after hooking the approach into a creek followed by par, par and, on 18, another birdie from about two feet. Plus four on the back for a 79. Putter was playing nicely but I was just driving better and staying in position almost the entire round. Twenty-seven putts for the round plus 3 more from just off the green.

Wife is out of town so am watching The Launch Pad channel on DirecTv. Was interesting watching the SHOTLink channel yesterday. Would've like to throw down bets as stats rolled across for each shot.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Played yesterday. I met up with a young guy I had never met. Id guess most days he's was a mid 80s player. Yesterday he was struggling real. Picked up on a couple holes after multiple OB shots. Somewhere at the beginning of the back nine ... he gave me an unsolicited putting tip.

Would anyone else do that? I never ever do.

Relevant details:

We were enjoying each other company. Talking the whole time and very comfortable.

He was 100% correct with what he told me

I was clearly frustrated with my putting but not getting pissed or anything

Even though I don't do it, I didn't mind at all.

Got out to the range today. Upon paying for the bucket, I saw two demo sets of Mizuno irons. Both 4-PW with Regular Flex shafts, one was the JPX EZ-Forged and the other were MP-5H. Asked to demo the JPX one for 6-7 shots which the shopkeeper agreed. The only one I got well felt awesome and flew great. The others.... not so much. Returned the club after 8 swings and got to work.

Started from the PW and through until the 3 wood. Ended up losing concentration as the longer clubs came out. Holstered everything, pulled out my 58, and got to grinding. I'm not super excited about my game, but I'll be fine come Saturday.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I removed every motha fuking window from my house and washed it. 60s house which include two wooden paned windows, plus 2 storm window plus a screen to make up one gdmfn window. Then spent 4 hours pressure washing which included me tying a rope to the PW and pulling it up on the roof. My right hand is cramped / possible nerve damage, I am scheduled to refinish the guest bath tub and do some other bullish this evening. The good part, while getting the pressure washer out of the depths of hel that is my garage, I did get to move my golf bag. So there's that. Beautiful day out.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Played both yesterday and today. Saturday with pq on a soaked course. Never got it going. Driving was pretty good though, don't think I lost any tee shots. Got unlucky a few times but being in the rough was almost a penalty stroke. Evnroll is fine, I just had an awful putting stroke yesterday.

Today aged with the fiance and the course had dried out very well. Used siegels shaft and hit some real nice ones. First two holes were great and then I get to #3 playing dead into a strong wind and pull hybrid because it's playing 188. As soon as I hit the wind f****** dies and I fly the ball 40 yards long over the green into the woods. Just brutal. Hit some good ones but wasn't focusing as much as I needed in order to post a score.

The thing that pisses me off is people are jumping out on #10 in front of groups making the turn. Happened both days. Today some guy in a cart was hitting 5 or 6 shots in front of us. We had to wait for him a couple times. He walked the entire length of the green side bunker on 14 to get his golf balls and didn't rake any of his 30 footprints. f*** that guy. I hope he falls and breaks his hip and no one loves him enough to take care of him and he gets put in a nursing home where he is subsequently raped.

Anyway lovely weather out there, right?

Played both yesterday and today. Saturday with pq on a soaked course. Never got it going. Driving was pretty good though, don't think I lost any tee shots. Got unlucky a few times but being in the rough was almost a penalty stroke. Evnroll is fine, I just had an awful putting stroke yesterday.

Today aged with the fiance and the course had dried out very well. Used siegels shaft and hit some real nice ones. First two holes were great and then I get to #3 playing dead into a strong wind and pull hybrid because it's playing 188. As soon as I hit the wind f****** dies and I fly the ball 40 yards long over the green into the woods. Just brutal. Hit some good ones but wasn't focusing as much as I needed in order to post a score.

The thing that pisses me off is people are jumping out on #10 in front of groups making the turn. Happened both days. Today some guy in a cart was hitting 5 or 6 shots in front of us. We had to wait for him a couple times. He walked the entire length of the green side bunker on 14 to get his golf balls and didn't rake any of his 30 footprints. f*** that guy. I hope he falls and breaks his hip and no one loves him enough to take care of him and he gets put in a nursing home where he is subsequently raped.

Anyway lovely weather out there, right?

Straight BS right there.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

I went out solo today at PB Dye. Caught a single on 2 and played with him 2-9 before he left. Played solo 10-14, then caught from behind when waiting on a foursome, played 15-18 as a threesome. So on the front I played 8/9 holes with someone, and 12/18 total. The USGA says you have to play 13 holes with someone for it to count as not solo. But you can post a 9 hole score if you played 7 of 9 with someone. So can I post my front 9 score even though I can't post the 18? Also, any holes you didn't play with someone should be entered as par-plus instead of your actual score, so I'd have to amend multiple hole scores.

The USGA is effing stupid.

Weather was great though. PB Dye is in really good shape right now. I don't know when they did it, but they cut out all the shrubbery and small trees behind the green on the 13th hole. Huge improvement visually. Made a nice birdie on 12. Holed out from the bunker on 14 for birdie, which was sweet. First time I've done that in years. Of course no one was there to see it so I have to enter them as par-plus even if I can enter the score. Stupid USGA.

So the Sr championship match play was canceled on Sat. so we played Sunday morning. This was an Word not allowed whipping in the first degree.

#1 Both parred the first hole

#2 Parred the par 3 He wholes out from the bunker -1

#3 I bogey he pars -2

#4 I par he drains a 45' for birdie -3

#5 I birdie he pars -2 The first 5 holes and I am even yet I am -2

#6 I birdie from 5' he sinks a 55' for birdie to half

#7 I par he birdies -3

#8 We both double bogey this hole. I was under the lip in the right bunker plugged with no shot of getting out. Left it in the bunker then 2 putted. He hit it into to the woods and made 6 also

#9 I par he hits the base of the stick and is 2' I am 8' and miss the birdie on a down hill breaker. -4 after 9 holes and I am still 1 over par

#10 I bogey he pars -5

#11 Both par the hole

#12 Both par the hole

#13 Hit a great drive to the up slope, then a pulled draw left and did not get up & down. He makes par and the match is over. 6 & 5

He played great. I had to post a ESC of 77 when all the last holes left were birdie holes except 18. So as well as I was playing I had to take two ESC strokes when I think in reality it probably would have been a 75. He made a mile of putts, so disappointed I could not close the deal. He posted a 70, 2 under par on the day.

Dang Kent, did he at least buy you coke after the round?

Good playing but sounds like you ran into a putting machine..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I played the Palmer Course at Oglebay on Saturday with one of my best friends growing up. We got a sweet GolfNow deal for $20 each. It was a fun track. It was made up of (6) par 3's, (5) par 5's, and (7) par 4's. It had tons of elevation change and the greens were perfect. It was wide open off of the tee so you could just swing away at driver. But, the green complexes were very tricky with lots of ridges and undulations. There is also a Robert Trent Jones course there as well. It would be a fun place to get 36 in.

I played well. Except for the par 3's. I continued my woeful par 3 scoring as I played the par 3's in +6. I shot 78 (par 71) so I need to get that figured out. I drove the ball great all day and gave myself some nice looks at birdie. Lipped out 3 or 4 putts throughout the round too. So, it was a nice round but still had some 'what could have been'.

The course had a fun finish. #17 was a par 3 playing 149 and ~40 feet downhill. We both missed the green with wedges. #18 was a 330 yard dogleg right par 4 with 2 deep green side bunkers. The starter had told us that you can drive the green though if you cut the dogleg.

My buddy tees off first and hits this high cut on a perfect line. Then I step up and hit a little draw also on a perfect line. We get up there and both balls are on the green. So, we both missed the green on the previous hole with pitching wedges but hit this green with drivers. We got a good laugh out of that. That's golf. Nice way to finish though.

The thing that pisses me off is people are jumping out on #10 in front of groups making the turn. Happened both days. Today some guy in a cart was hitting 5 or 6 shots in front of us. We had to wait for him a couple times. He walked the entire length of the green side bunker on 14 to get his golf balls and didn't rake any of his 30 footprints.

Why did you play Hobbits this weekend?

Dang Kent, did he at least buy you coke after the round?

or at least the courtesy of a reach-around.

Pretty sure that's hyphenated.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Talk to me about Renditions.

Just found out i may get to play in a charity event there soon. I know it's a replica of holes, but does it just play like those holes? Or is there actual useful strategy out there?

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

Anybody else get seasonal allergies? If so, are they flaring up right now?

I swear, mine get worse every year. We moved houses last summer, and our new place is more in the woods than the previous house. My allergies seem way worse this year. I mowed the lawn yesterday, and I'm all f*cked up now. Same thing happened when I mowed the lawn 2 weeks ago. Took a solid week to start calming back down.

Yup. My allergies keep getting worse ever year. I was sitting out yesterday watching my son's baseball game. That pretty much knocked me out in the evening. I've been taking Zyrtec and Benadryl in the evening, but it doesn't help that much. My wife said she'd get me some nose spray. Oh by the way, she's an allergist.

Yup. My allergies keep getting worse ever year. I was sitting out yesterday watching my son's baseball game. That pretty much knocked me out in the evening. I've been taking Zyrtec and Benadryl in the evening, but it doesn't help that much. My wife said she'd get me some nose spray. Oh by the way, she's an allergist.

And she hasn't hooked you up with some kind of allergy shot regimen?

Don't tell me THDC is afraid of needles. I can't take the thought of THDC having a weakness.

Anybody else get seasonal allergies? If so, are they flaring up right now?

I swear, mine get worse every year. We moved houses last summer, and our new place is more in the woods than the previous house. My allergies seem way worse this year. I mowed the lawn yesterday, and I'm all f*cked up now. Same thing happened when I mowed the lawn 2 weeks ago. Took a solid week to start calming back down.

This time of year I have to wear sunglasses even when its basically dark, the pollen crushes my eyes especially when its windy out. Need to dig around to see if I still have clear lenses somewhere. New addition for me this year has been causing my throat to get scratched up to the point where I cant stop coughing. Its really great. Played both days this weekend though so no complaints. Sunday definitely better, dried out significantly but it was also a lot windier than I thought it was going to be. Hoping to get out today if the wind isn't too bad.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Yes, my allergies are bad this year too. It was really bad a couple weeks ago, then got better, but the last couple days have been rough. I take allegra every morning and Benadryl if needed, but that makes me drowsy. I bought two HEPA air filers on Amazon this spring so I have one upstairs and one downstairs so I'm ok inside the house. We also have not opened the windows at all this year just to keep all the pollen and junk out of the house. I'm off to Phoenix in a couple days and can't wait to get away from this area for a week and clear out my system.

And she hasn't hooked you up with some kind of allergy shot regimen?

Don't tell me THDC is afraid of needles. I can't take the thought of THDC having a weakness.

Nah, not afraid of needles. Most of the time my allergies aren't bad, so I haven't bothered with shots. It's just when the pollen comes out on the spring that it gets bad.

She does have my son on shots.

Real Life Nature story of the day:

Pond on #15 had a couple ducks swimming around and a couple of geese hanging out on the bank. Ducks had a few ducklings with them. Red-Tailed Hawk comes flying out of the trees and goes after a duckling, and there was a Duck/Goose vs Hawk royal rumble in the water. Hawk won and got a duckling and flew off. s*** was bananas.

And then I made par.

And the circle of life continued.

Real Life Nature story of the day:

Pond on #15 had a couple ducks swimming around and a couple of geese hanging out on the bank. Ducks had a few ducklings with them. Red-Tailed Hawk comes flying out of the trees and goes after a duckling, and there was a Duck/Goose vs Hawk royal rumble in the water. Hawk won and got a duckling and flew off. s*** was bananas.

And then I made par.

And the circle of life continued.

Awesome.

I played the DCGT event at Queenstown Harbor back in 2015 with (human) Eagle, Nerf, and (not Bethesda) Rick. I can't remember what hole we were on, but it was definitely the back 9. A (bird) eagle went screaming into the trees, and a turf war ensued with some other (bird) eagles. It was quite a sight and sound to behold.

Later during that round, (human) eagle reached for the (non-existent) shifter in the cart, and ended up caressing my leg. This was recently acquired shoulder injury (human) eagle, so he was pretty toasty by the time the incident occurred.